Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 586097 times)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked.
  • Believer
  • Insert something awesome here!
    • Yorkandbeyond
Two huge games coming up for this lot. Anything less that 6 points against Southampton and Norwich will not be good enough. A defeat at the weekend and I think Silva will be gone; the international break could be the perfect time for Moshiri to pull the trigger and get someone in.

They're just a distinctly average side with no goalscorer. Uninspiring, insipid, boring, toothless.

Then they will change manager and be a distinctly average side with no goalscorer. Uninspiring, insipid, boring, toothless

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Vile tweets sent by racist troll after Everton v Tottenham match being investigated by police

Sadly all clubs have individual fuckwits follwing them.

We had the eejit fined for making monkey gestures at a United player, the fool who mocked the Asian tourist pushed in the fountain in Barcelona.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Just been quietly maturing in the slow cooker that is my brain. I'm hardly on Catcher's level of analysis mind.  ;D

Maybe Moshi's plan is to allow relegation so he can have a legitimate excuse to abandon BMD.  Then he can redevelop Goodison under the guise of fiscal responsibility and needing to upgrade it for when they're promoted.  ;)

Parachute payments?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline mickeydocs

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
TA defeat at the weekend and I think Silva will be gone

Will Big Sam come back?
This club is greater than any one player.

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Will Big Sam come back?

Prob still being paid by them anyway.

Offline lobsterboy

• Believer
Sadly all clubs have individual fuckwits follwing them.

We had the eejit fined for making monkey gestures at a United player, the fool who mocked the Asian tourist pushed in the fountain in Barcelona.

All clubs have their share of arseholes.

Mind you we've never had anyone jailed for lashing toddlers at the opposition though have we?
Another first for Everton...

They should put it on their tour of Goodison. Experience the thrill of toddler lashing at Goodison in VR.

Offline robbed 1966 yorkies from kids' selection boxes

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
At his age, there really is no excuse, is there.

Dementia?

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
Parachute payments?

Do they still do those? Didn't I hear something about them being stopped because they unfairly favoured newly relegated teams when it came to promotion fights? Or did I imagine that?
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Do they still do those? Didn't I hear something about them being stopped because they unfairly favoured newly relegated teams when it came to promotion fights? Or did I imagine that?

Yeah, if a team stays in the league for at least 2 seasons they get 55% of the telly money first season down, then 45% then 20%, if they're relegated after one season they only get the first two payments, last season's relegated teams will get just over £40m I think this season

They used to be paid over 4 seasons until around 2016 when they changed it cos of the advantage it gave relegated sides
« Last Edit: November 5, 2019, 04:53:26 PM by FiSh77 »

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
Yeah, if a team stays in the league for at least 2 seasons they get 55% of the telly money first season down, then 45% then 20%, if they're relegated after one season they only get the first two payments, last season's relegated teams will get just over £40m I think this season

They used to be paid over 4 seasons until around 2016 when they changed it cos of the advantage it gave relegated sides

Cheers thanks  :)

If payments are going to be made though, I'd say a team relegated after one season should only get the 45% and 20% payments rather than the higher rate; and when you consider that even the bottom placed team earns about £100m, then ideally one payment should be enough.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
They can scratch first team to play two teams in two continents in 24-hours from their "first team to this and that" -list  ;)
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is, along golf, much, much more important than that."

Offline Dim glas yn siaced Santa

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
Son rightly getting that red card rescinded will be another thing they can cry and whinge and play the 'poor me' card about for a few days.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
Son rightly getting that red card rescinded will be another thing they can cry and whinge and play the 'poor me' card about for a few days.

Why would they rescind the card after going to such pains to justify it?

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Definitely!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
Why would they rescind the card after going to such pains to justify it?

Because the appeals panel is independent. PGMOL is not.
Earn cashback on all your purchases with Quidco!

http://www.quidco.com/user/3878046/1870622/

Online Spion Night, Holy Night

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
  • Don't vote for those Tory bastards.
Don’t you believe it mate

Around 3/4 months ago Was at an older Evertonians house all day working with another lad who’s not really into footy. Will watch if it’s on sort of thing

He spent the entire day abusing me. The first hour I treated it as banter but I knew his claws were out from
The off. He kept coming back more and more snide until I simply went ‘Allright bloody hell’

But he didn’t leave it. He got more and more spiteful until my workmate actually said we should probably change subjects

He then starts talking to him and trying to inform him of ‘what’ he’s working with. At this point the atmosphere turned from contained abuse to all out rage. Heysel made its first appearance into the days Proceedings

We eventually got to a point where we shut him in his kitchen

He came out later with cups of tea and Everton pictures of the 60’s team. I thought ah he got carried away prob embarrassed. I’ll go into a bit of footy talk now, he’ll be ok. 5 minutes later he was off again calling Ron Yeats names and the story behind hate songs of the 60’s it was so utterly depressing to listen to. This transcends football so much it’s not funny. We have ruined this mans life because of how one sided it’s been and that goes for all of them. The most horrible thing you’ll see is actually the young ones being taught to hate by their vicious parents. Go and watch the leg break incident and you’ll see a woman with a child in the crowd grabbing the kids arms and waving them in a thumbs down motion furiously with scant regard of force

With this old guy I’d been close to mentioning my late old fella played  for Liverpool schoolboys. Thankfully I didn’t cos I’m Pretty certain he’d have stuck the boot into him aswell which at that point would’ve seen me chin him possibly old or not

Bloody hell.  :o

What on earth is wrong with these sad lunatics? I think I'd have walked off the job. You don't go to work to get abused by idiots like that.

When I was an outreach support worker I worked in the home of a family of staunch blues. It was back in the 90s and they had a knack then of doing well against us, particularly at Goodison, in those days. I spent an awful lot of time with that family for the lion's share of a decade and we never once had a cross word over football. Lovely people, lovely family who loved their club but had respect and knew where the boundaries were. I was exactly  the same towards them too.

I couldn't even imagine sticking around to be abused on a job like you were by that moron. There really are some sad, twisted people out there, aren't there? 
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
Because the appeals panel is independent. PGMOL is not.

Which would surely make the FA's statement and Atkinson's initial reaction look both flummoxed and embarrassing.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Definitely!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
Which would surely make the FA's statement and Atkinson's initial reaction look both flummoxed and embarrassing.

It wasnt the FA's statement though. The Premier League (separate to the FA) made it after advice from PGMOL (separate to the FA)
Earn cashback on all your purchases with Quidco!

http://www.quidco.com/user/3878046/1870622/

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
He's 72 in Everton years.

Ageing without ageing.

So 62 then.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline OLD SAINT NICK'S GOT BIG SNOWY BALLS

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
All clubs have their share of arseholes.

Mind you we've never had anyone jailed for lashing toddlers at the opposition though have we?
Another first for Everton...

They should put it on their tour of Goodison. Experience the thrill of toddler lashing at Goodison in VR.

At least it was his own toddler. Part of the initiation rites.

Offline robbed 1966 yorkies from kids' selection boxes

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Sorry, I had to

Offline lobsterboy

• Believer
Sorry, I had to

Too much red going on there.

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
It wasnt the FA's statement though. The Premier League (separate to the FA) made it after advice from PGMOL (separate to the FA)

Ultimately it doesn't matter who advised on the statement.  If the red card is overturned it makes the statement - and Atkinson - look totally stupid.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline T₂Ohcumallyefacefull

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Ultimately it doesn't matter who advised on the statement.  If the red card is overturned it makes the statement - and Atkinson - look totally stupid.
This one occasion, I understand it.

Atkinson I can forgive.  Why?  Well even a ref is human.  They see the foot going backwards and think shit, that must be a red. I get that.

Why AI don’t get, is why VAR didn’t review it to help him out.
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
This one occasion, I understand it.

Atkinson I can forgive.  Why?  Well even a ref is human.  They see the foot going backwards and think shit, that must be a red. I get that.

Why AI don’t get, is why VAR didn’t review it to help him out.

The only reason I can think of is maybe Taylor on VAR was just as stunned. 

I suppose there's also a chance the ref feared the crowd boiling over in the immediate aftermath; although it's certain Son would have to have been subbed off anyway - he was in no fit state to continue.

At the end of the day, the statement has put them in a box that justifies a decision that was clearly incorrect.  If - when - the card is overturned they'll have to justify that position.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline T₂Ohcumallyefacefull

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
The only reason I can think of is maybe Taylor on VAR was just as stunned. 

I suppose there's also a chance the ref feared the crowd boiling over in the immediate aftermath; although it's certain Son would have to have been subbed off anyway - he was in no fit state to continue.

At the end of the day, the statement has put them in a box that justifies a decision that was clearly incorrect.  If - when - the card is overturned they'll have to justify that position.
It was overturned yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50309594
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
It was overturned yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50309594

Well I don't blame Poch for being pissed off, especially as Atkinson doesn't seem to have received any kind of censure or demotion for his action.  The statement issued by the PL justifying the red was always a crock of bull but I doubt they're going to issue any kind of retraction.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Tesco selection box fudge fiddler

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
 ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/en0m5g8j_rc&amp;feature=share&amp;fbclid=IwAR3w6qGdTn6axZgfAcuYKLJOXNx4GLIiuWjRNpjnPefu4G_RS4zTex_uAJc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/en0m5g8j_rc&amp;feature=share&amp;fbclid=IwAR3w6qGdTn6axZgfAcuYKLJOXNx4GLIiuWjRNpjnPefu4G_RS4zTex_uAJc</a>
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline Dim glas yn siaced Santa

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
They are taking the news that Son has started for Spurs tonight very well.

https://twitter.com/Dan_KP/status/1192164539472777216?s=20
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
They are taking the news that Son has started for Spurs tonight very well.

https://twitter.com/Dan_KP/status/1192164539472777216?s=20

Of course they try and drag us into it somehow too, nice to see somebody making a dog eating comment too.  ::)

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
Of course they try and drag us into it somehow too, nice to see somebody making a dog eating comment too.  ::)
I didn't get through all the comments. How on earth did they manage to shoehorn Liverpool into it?  :o

This was a mid/lower table clash between Everton and the team Everton supported in the European Cup Final last season. How do we enter the equation?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
I didn't get through all the comments. How on earth did they manage to shoehorn Liverpool into it?  :o

This was a mid/lower table clash between Everton and the team Everton supported in the European Cup Final last season. How do we enter the equation?

Because if they didn't - something just wouldn't feel right to them....to the point they probably couldn't function that day until rectified.

"Hey - I heard you had pneumonia - hope you are doing well."
"Yeah doctors given me medicine, and told me to get a lot of rest, and take it easy. Stupid fucker!"
"Excuse me? Are you ok?"
"Oh I'm sorry - just pretty sure those stupid fuckers are what caused this."
"Sorry what? What did I miss? Who caused this?"
"Those stupid RS of course! It's obvious."

Or something like that.

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
Because if they didn't - something just wouldn't feel right to them....to the point they probably couldn't function that day until rectified.

"Hey - I heard you had pneumonia - hope you are doing well."
"Yeah doctors given me medicine, and told me to get a lot of rest, and take it easy. Stupid fucker!"
"Excuse me? Are you ok?"
"Oh I'm sorry - just pretty sure those stupid fuckers are what caused this."
"Sorry what? What did I miss? Who caused this?"
"Those stupid RS of course! It's obvious."

Or something like that.

I see what you mean.

It's probably like how LFC started World War 2 as well.

Deffo our fault. I mean Hitler was rumoured to have been over here in 1912 to visit his half-brother Alois in Upper Stanhope Street.

As he wasn't from Liverpool he was clearly a glory-hunting RS.

In 1939 he started the war, so it's clearly Liverpool's fault.

#Evertonlogic

#KopiteBehaviour

Offline Tesco selection box fudge fiddler

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
I see what you mean.

Deffo our fault. I mean Hitler was rumoured to have been over here in 1912 to visit his half-brother Alois in Upper Stanhope Street.

#Evertonlogic

#KopiteBehaviour
Here's the house he stayed in  ;)
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
I see what you mean.

#Evertonlogic

#KopiteBehaviour

Was clearly a blue, heard he was that shocked at the state of Goodison he ordered the Luftwaffe to fly over and do £100,000's worth of improvements

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer

The one about not trusting Son to mind a poodle?

That was on TW, normally a pretty rational site, but some of them are mentally disintegrating before our eyes.

Son fouls one of their players, causes a major injury but they trawl through the history books to bring up a tackle by Jimmy Case on Geoff Nulty yet ignoring the more recent example of Funes Mori on Origi, complete with badge kissing as he was sent off.

FC Class and Dignity.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Haha had a quick glance at our fave thread on GOT - and guess what they're discussing just after our win against Genk, at half 4 in the morning - yep - you guessed it.

One fella said they probably shouldn't go on about it as much, and to stop blaming it for all of their problems.

Needless to say he was promptly ganged-up on.

Amazing.

FC Class and Dignity.

Offline him_15

• Believer
How could Silva still not get fired?
Believer

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
I see what you mean.

#Evertonlogic

#KopiteBehaviour
Well, Everton were the Champions in the season before war was declared so we obviously encouraged Hitler in order to stop them reaching their full potential

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
Well, Everton were the Champions in the season before war was declared so we obviously encouraged Hitler in order to stop them reaching their full potential

Which including the first world war means that Everton have spent the 2nd longest time as reigning champions behind their best mates from down the east Lancs so needless to say they had the last laugh, again