Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 476903 times)

Offline Six Baby

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Everton haven't won a trophy for 24 years.

Liverpool haven't won a trophy for 24 days.

Yeah but they got a heroic goal-less draw at home to the the future Champions Of Europe, who were so good they absolutely battered the mighty Bayern Munich and Barcelona along the way. Meanwhile all we could manage was a scraped win in some kind of mutant pre-season friendly/League Cup/Community Shield type irrelevance against  Tottenham fckin spursy Spurs. Levels.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
They won five of their nine titles before WW2.  The rest were spread over a 25 year period that ended 33 years ago.

they're shit.

Don't forget the no football war years when they held the title, 2nd highest number of years as reigning champions behind their red brick drinking buddies

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
Don't forget the no football war years when they held the title, 2nd highest number of years as reigning champions behind their red brick drinking buddies

Of course, how silly of me!

But they're still shit.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 11:17:44 PM by Red Berry »
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Six Baby

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Believer

Haha and they like to further the myth that they used to be the number one club in the city until recently - yet from 1901 onwards in a total of 118 years they've only had more league titles than us for a paltry 9 years during that time. And 6 of them were because football was cancelled during WW2.  ;D

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Believer
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
And there'll be a point next year where we wont have won a trophy for 25 days. ;) ;D

Exactly what I was thinking lol

Online Something Worse

• Believer
Yeah but 24 and 24 is a one moment in time thing.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Navy Blue
‏ @Paddock_View
Replying to @andystreacle

Memo to you.... the CL is a cup tournament. Which anyone can win...similar to Wigan and Portsmouth winning the FA Cup.

The true test of a champion & elite side is winning their Domestic League. which you have not done since 1990.

Barca, juve et al have nothing to prove. lfc do

:lmao :lmao :lmao
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Redcap

• Believer
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
I think Everton has come a long way to be honest. They've got a firmly top 9 team and look set to stay there for years to come.

Well done to you, Blues.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist

"The true test will always be something you haven't done."

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 08:26:04 AM by Riquende »
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Gomes may be CL quality, Barca did sign him after all, but him signing for Everton would suggest that no CL clubs where in for him, or certainly not at the wages he wanted.

How he has a big fat long term contract, it'll be interesting to see how he goes. He struggled later last season after an initially strong start.  I'm sure the Blues are hoping that wasn't a sign of things to come.  He's a weird player of what I've seen of him. He can look the part in some games, but too often, he seems to contribute little. Still, he's their best midfielder, not that he has a lot of competition there.

He had the talent, but as you say he faded after reasonable start. He also seems to like a dodgy tackle, which cost him a few games last season. He didn’t set the league on fire exactly, but who knows.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA

“Anyone can win it”

Other than Everton, clearly. Just like the domestic cup tournaments too.

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
I think Everton has come a long way to be honest. They've got a firmly top 9 team and look set to stay there for years to come.

Well done to you, Blues.

Other than 3 seasons ago when they were 11th. The same the season before that  :-X

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• If a cow could dance and be a member of a football forum, this would be it. If he had no lips he'd be ChaChaOooOoo!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice shall prevail. JFT96.
“Anyone can win it”

Other than Everton, clearly. Just like the domestic cup tournaments too.

Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest have won the champions league.

That proves that anyone can win it. Liverpool were merely lucky because they got lucky at home. They lost all 3 group stage games and at Camp Nou. And they only had to overcome an abysmal Spurs in the final.

If thats the level of quality of the games, then Everton are right not to participate in it. They choose to conserve their energy and concentrate on the league.

Offline Red Berry

• Believer

We finished the season on 97 points  - 10 more than Barcelona.  We have absolutely nothing to prove - least of all to a little club that finished 43 points behind us.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kekuleyule y'all!

• Believer

“Anyone can win cup tournaments.”

Which fails to explain why they’ve not won any type of cup competition in their last 50 odd attempts, and only one in 34 years.  Their record before that isn’t too clever either.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg right

• Believer
We should all know the drill by now:

Any success we have either doesn't count, or as we've seen, devalued.

Any hint of anything that can be described as success is spun beyond credibility. Which is why we have things like firsts etc.

Sometimes the 2 meet which is funny because previous arguments are unravelled and revised to fit the new reality.

A good example was Everton, a couple of years ago claiming the various nationalities visiting their ground as evidence of a global fanbase, when they, their fans and accolytes  have spent years (and still do) decrying and devaluing our global support.

The worst of this is that true blues can see all this and are totally embarrassed by it. It really does start from the top at Goodison (Hillsborough support being the notable exception).

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
Is that the same year Wigan twatted them at Goodison in the same amount of time it took me to make tea and toast? I was in the kitchen and my lad kept shouting goal.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Max_powers

• Believer

If anyone can win an FA cup or Champions League then why don't Everton do it?

Offline Red Berry

• Believer

Which fails to explain why they’ve not won any type of cup competition in their last 50 odd attempts, and only one in 34 years.  Their record before that isn’t too clever either.

Everton cups in their entire history:

5 FA Cups - 2 in the past 35 years.
1 CWC.

Liverpool, since Everton last won anything:

2 FA Cups.
4 League Cups
2 European Cups
1 UEFA Cup
2 European Super Cups

Guess they're right - anyone CAN win a cup competition. Except Everton seemingly.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
Is that the same year Wigan twatted them at Goodison in the same amount of time it took me to make tea and toast? I was in the kitchen and my lad kept shouting goal.

Fuckin hell lad you must have a fast kettle & toaster, either that or your tea was weak as piss? 3 goals in 3 minutes ;D

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
Everton cups in their entire history:

5 FA Cups - 2 in the past 35 years.
1 CWC.

Liverpool, since Everton last won anything:

2 FA Cups.
4 League Cups
2 European Cups
1 UEFA Cup
2 European Super Cups

Guess they're right - anyone CAN win a cup competition. Except Everton seemingly.

Aren't they on the longest run in English football without winning any sort of trophy or promotion?

If so they'd better get relegated and at least have a chance of maybe winning something ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Believer
Aren't they on the longest run in English football without winning any sort of trophy or promotion?

If so they'd better get relegated and at least have a chance of maybe winning something ;D

Winning without winning
He's got a tattoo on his wrist that says "I hate blackie blackie blackie blacks, and I fucking love handballing it into the opponent's goal and away from my own goal, and biting people, and kicking young kids in the bollocks when they ask for autographs. And diving. I fucking love that."

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Believer
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Pensby

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Pub
Not even equivalent to a League Cup now, according to GoT

I'm glad they're not representative of the real Blues I know, but they do give me a laugh with their unhinged world view - helps explain how we ended up with Brexit and Trump.
...if I have to explain, then you'll never understand...

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
surely if it's lowlier than the league cup, it's not worth talking about. So why are they still doing it 3 weeks later?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

• Believer

I'm glad they're not representative of the real Blues I know, but they do give me a laugh with their unhinged world view - helps explain how we ended up with Brexit and Trump.

The Simod Cup has one similarity with the European Cup.  Everton have never won it.

I don't think we ever entered the Simod Cup, but Everton did and took it quite seriously if I remember.  They kept losing in the final though. Shame.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
They're like the little street urchin licking the window of the sweet shop telling anyone who will listen that the sweeties inside probably aren't all that tasty.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 12:43:54 PM by Chakan »

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
https://twitter.com/furlongfurlong/status/1142742910233915392?s=21

Strange status to begin with - very quickly descends into pops at the “red shite”. We’re ruined em.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
They're like the little street urchin licking the window of the sweet shop telling anyone who will listen that the sweeties inside will make you fat.

Updated that for you.

The problem is we keep getting fatter and fatter on Trophies... :champ
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
surely if it's lowlier than the league cup, it's not worth talking about. So why are they still doing it 3 weeks later?

Because we are. And as long as we are they have to. They want us to stop so they can, but as a parasite they have no choice in the matter.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
We’ve absolutely finished GOT haven’t we by winning our 6th Big Ears. Reading this thread, it seems they are getting more desperate and ludicrous each day to convince themselves it isn’t a big deal. Messi’s reaction and the interviews after the semi are enough to show how massive a competition it is to the players. He won the domestic double but it was clearly a consolation to the European Cup.
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
Fuckin hell lad you must have a fast kettle & toaster, either that or your tea was weak as piss? 3 goals in 3 minutes ;D
haha was boss. He yelled out, i ran in and watched the  replay then went back in the kitchen. Rinse and repeat.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
We’ve absolutely finished GOT haven’t we by winning our 6th Big Ears. Reading this thread, it seems they are getting more desperate and ludicrous each day to convince themselves it isn’t a big deal. Messi’s reaction and the interviews after the semi are enough to show how massive a competition it is to the players. He won the domestic double but it was clearly a consolation to the European Cup.

Messi only won La Liga this year? Lost the final to Valencia?  ???

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Messi only won La Liga this year? Lost the final to Valencia?  ???

Haha. I thought they won for some reason. We must’ve really affected them.
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• If a cow could dance and be a member of a football forum, this would be it. If he had no lips he'd be ChaChaOooOoo!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice shall prevail. JFT96.

Club world cup is international friendlies?

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer

This is the irony, isn't it. It's amazing how it's oh so easy to win these cup competitions, yet it seems it's way beyond the capabilities of their tinpot club. Something just doesn't add up there.

The one we've just won is one they can't even qualify for, yet ''anyone'' can win it.  ::)

They seem unable to realise that by vainly attempting to play down our club's achievements as somehow easy, they throw the abject failure of their own club further into the spotlight. If it's so damn easy, why aren't they doing it too? If it's all so easy, yet they still can't manage it, what on earth does it say about them?

Think about it, Blues.
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
it's way beyond the capabilities of their tinpot club.

You mean "lack of tinpot" club.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer

They are deranged.  :lmao

It seems ''anyone'' can win the Champions League these days, but lets just have a casual look at the last ten winners of the trophy.

Liverpool  Who beat Spurs.
Real Madrid  Who beat Liverpool
Real Madrid  Who beat Juventus
Real Madrid  Who beat Atletico Madrid
Barcelona  Who beat Juventus
Real Madrid  Who beat Atletico Madrid
Bayern Munich  Who beat Borussia Dortmund
Chelsea  Who beat Bayern Munich
Barcelona  Who beat Man United
Internazionale  Who beat Bayern Munich

The only blot in there is Chelsea, but even they had an extremely good side then. But hey, ''anyone'' can win this crappy trophy. Said with a straight face too, even after they've all watched Abu Dhabi try to buy it with the supposed best team in football history and fail every time.

Check out the runners-up too. No puddings in there either. Facts are, you have to be very, very good to reach the final at all, never mind win it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:36:35 PM by Sons of pioneerS »
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

• Believer
You mean "lack of tinpot" club.

Cuckoo clock club.