Author Topic: PL - Lpl 4 vs Burn 2 ‘6 Westwood ‘19 ‘67 Seρor Bobby ‘28 ‘93 Mane ‘90 Gudmanson  (Read 25942 times)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Burnley are horrible.

Lovren should start alongside Virgil at Bayern.
why? Matip made one mistake of panicking and shouldering the ball out for a corner but apart from that he did alright
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
Such an encouraging performance from Lallana. If he can build on that performance he becomes one the first names on the team sheet - his mix of creativity and work rate is ideal for what is a workman like midfield.
On the down side I thought Trent was awful - he really is not a defender. Matip's lack of agression and authority was shown up in Burnely's  first corner/ goal - thankfully Gomez will be back soon. Salah looks like he badly needs a goal - he should really be slotting away after intercepting Heaton's clearance. Overall a hotpotch of game - we played some brilliant football in fits and starts but will need to up our level to beat Bayern

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Great result and beat fulham next week we go top again. It anit over til the fat lady sings. Thought the whole side were pretty decent today but Lallana was exceptional
what's not over until the fat lady sings?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Nice to see Lallana play well and Sturridge get a great assist considering they have nothing to offer according to some beauts.

Both had very significant parts to play. Lovely ball by Sturridge for the 4th.
#JFT97

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Burnley are horrible.

Lovren should start alongside Virgil at Bayern.

No chance.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Maybe, but he was always showing for the ball, made some great runs at their defence which meant they simply couldn't settle whenever the ball went near him. He could have scored but he gave everything and was a player they would have loved to have been subbed.
Definitely,  needs a goal to get his confidence back just.
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
what's not over until the fat lady sings?

The title of course, that one point would be miraculous to overhaul
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ColdSteel

• Anny Roader
We played angry and never looked like we were in trouble despite the dodgy officiating. 

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I had to laugh at Virgil a couple of times, the way he just shrugged those grocks off the ball. He just takes the piss he's so good.

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
why? Matip made one mistake of panicking and shouldering the ball out for a corner but apart from that he did alright

Yep, Matip hardly put a foot wrong. TAA had a nervous game though.
#JFT97

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Pretty good from all ours. Lallana was excellent, and Indian summer from him this Spring? Hendo was great when he came on, hustling, chasing and looking a boss at RB. Everyone else fine. Shame Mo couldn't get his goal, a small part of me wishes Mane had laid it on for him to tuck in at the end there.

McNeil was good for them; the wind their best defender
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan

He played very well. Even the corner, you would have to think he never got a shout and running towards the line not being able to see if someones pressing you with no call is a recipe for disaster, you stop to control the ball and the player nips in and knocks it towards the box we're open for a tap in

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Always said Lallana could be a key player.  :-X
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lot better today, lot more movement up front to find space. could have been far more goals but that will do. Mo tantalizingly close to running riot again.
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
Brilliant from Lallana, great seeing him shut up the usual moaners when the team sheet was announced. Hope Trent is alright.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
There was one moment from Van Dijk that was crazy, running almost away from the ball towards our goal, Burnley player perfectly placed to take advantage and he turns and falling backwards still manages to scoop the ball away from danger

Incredible player

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
The most ridiculous part of their first goal is Alisson getting booked. Just shows what kind of person Marriner is.
He's a useless fuck

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Burnley - Shithouse FC, fucking yard dogs, fuck off to the Championship.

But not before taking points off City.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
We are used to keepers playing out of their skins against us, nice to see one have an absolute stinker for a change

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Good performance and much needed win.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
had my doubts over Lallana, but credit where it is due he had a great game.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
As jurgen said.....foul on Mo just before their 2nd which was again a very poor referring mistake.
#JFT97

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Didn’t think it’d be too long for us to have a ‘United vs PSG penalty moment’ but didn’t expect it’d be the very next one. Stonewaller on Taylor if the one in mideeek is one
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
The title of course, that one point would be miraculous to overhaul
that's what I thought, might as well give it up now!

Offline MH41

• Kopite
A good result. Burnley always make it tough for us (legally and illegally). Of course the first goal should not have counted, which makes the result even better.
And it could have been much more. We're still trying to walk the ball into the net, the Manι one that somehow hit the crossbar, and the 'PSG' penalty decision that didn't go our way.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgεrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
it shouldn't have been but they surrounded Alisson so imagine the ref would claim he didn't get a view of it, same with the linesman too I guess

IDK man looks like the linesman would have an easy job of spotting it

https://twitter.com/aarditgola/status/1104715416889368576?s=19

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Both teams suffered from the refereeing, us more as we were denied some fantastic positions, early on we should've had a couple of pens for some blatant pulls in the box. Both their goals should never have stood. Alisson was clearly fouled for the 1st and Salah was fouled in the build up for their 2nd.

It's like the refs have a contest between themselves. How worse can you go game by game? And they've tough competition with every ref trying their best to have the worst game refereed in the PL.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Terrible conditions, shite KO time, shite ref, early goal down, yard dog team etc...and we came through on top! and scored 4 in the process.

Win next week and suddenly we go top again, and City are chasing us.

Burnley have no right in the top flight in the Prem, horrible fuckers, hope to see them and that croaky dinosaur prick Dyche go down this season.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 02:31:04 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Yep, Matip hardly put a foot wrong. TAA had a nervous game though.

He did. That young lad for Burnley looks a decent player
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline A Dick

• Main Stander
  • How come Cafu is wearing Flanno's shirt?
Did I miss something with Lallana???! Why the negativity over him recently. I thought he was brilliant when he played a full season at centre mid and he's been injured ever since. So pleased for him today - exactly what we need. Could be like a new signing between now and the end of the season

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
Lallana - what a player. That block which led to our second was incredible. Great chance of starting vs Bayern

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

They showed an angle from where the referee was stood and it was the clearest angle to see the foul. Only issue was that Marriner was bizarrely watching the flight of the ball.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Great comeback there as thought for a second the auld vodoo dolls were out in Manchester and we could struggle after a freak goal. The front three had a great day as 2 goals each for Firmino and Mane while Salah was all over them (had one or two assists??). Special mention to Lallana as was surprised he could even put on his jersey with the amount of knives that were out in the pre-thread. Feck me how did he deserve to start before Keita, the lad is out the door this summer, etc etc and more shyte. He put a nice big middle finger up to a few plonkers that were floating about this am. More the same Wed as think he just made the attacking CM role his to lose now.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
Good win considering the conditions and the joke of a referee that is Andre Marriner. I swear that Lino always gives dodgy decisions against us too... :wanker

Bobby was outstanding and Mo was unlucky not to score today. Provided an attacking threat though as did Lallana. Hopefully he can maintain that form now and provide vital creativity in the title push.

Onward and upwards - let’s knock Bayern out in their own backyard and then top the table again next weekend to put the pressure back on City.

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ !!!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
TAA off with a shoulder injury worryingly.

Hope this isn't too serious.   :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
We started at -1 thanks to the ref, and we've won. Can't ask for much more, 12 on a Sunday is always a pain in the arse.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Nice to see Lallana play really well.

Absoultely, it we could just keep Lallana fit for the rest of the season he'd be a great asset, as he can create goals. Delighted to see him back on it, according to the stats he outrun everyone today.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Did I miss something with Lallana???! Why the negativity over him recently. I thought he was brilliant when he played a full season at centre mid and he's been injured ever since. So pleased for him today - exactly what we need. Could be like a new signing between now and the end of the season

i think people expect players to come back from injury and perform well immediately. It takes time to get back to playing well after such a long layoff. Today he showed how good he is.
#JFT97

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Hope this isn't too serious.   :(

Hope he can shake it off by Wednesday.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account

no way of knowing if he got a clear view of it, it was 100% a foul and that's the sort of thing that VAR clears up. On the other hand with VAR, you get ridiculous decisions like the one on Wednesday