Author Topic: Everton 0 v Liverpool 0  (Read 49612 times)

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: Everton 0 v Liverpool 0
« Reply #920 on: March 5, 2019, 10:38:52 am »
Great comment on radio 5 commentary....
In the upcoming week the champions League returns and we have commentary from two of the iconic European stadiums, but now back to goodison ....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #921 on: March 5, 2019, 11:51:34 am »
Great comment on radio 5 commentary....
In the upcoming week the champions League returns and we have commentary from two of the iconic European stadiums, but now back to goodison ....

;D
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #922 on: March 5, 2019, 04:24:46 pm »
Glad this post has had the recognition it deserves, you should post more mate.
After having a quick glance at the post match thread and seeing the predictable shite in there, it's great to see some sense and perspective. Some of our "fans" are pathetic and do not deserve what they want the most.

The phrase " this is on Klopp" needs to be banned from this site. I would be interested in the thinking behind the substitutions, but that is a completely different thing from confidently proclaiming that he "should have" done XYZ.
Is it "on Klopp" that Salah missed a couple of chances, that our dead ball delivery rarely beat the first man, that we frequently misplaced simple passes, that we gifted them the ball by being sloppy in possession?

On a separate note I stupidly paid for a day pass and lasted the grand total of 3 minutes before I muted the commentary. When ever I flicked it back on briefly to gauge the fume, either Tyler or Neville was spouting some convoluted agenda driven shite. Seriously, if Sky want to do something about illegal streaming, making their UK product less bad would be a start.

Good post.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: March 5, 2019, 07:58:45 pm »
I wold have liked to have seen us start with either Origi or Sturridge as the centre forward, allowing Mane to occupy Coleman.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: March 5, 2019, 10:40:55 pm »
In looking at some stat posts there's a couple of things that really stick out as odd:

-Origi was a hot mess.  Average position was only ahead of Fabinho!!  He also completed all of 10 passes in 63 minutes with 1 shot while Firmino completed 9 in the following 27.
-Gini was a hot mess.  He was playing like Keita in the 4231 but did nothing.  No dribbles, no shots, no passes. 
-Minimal ball recoveries in the offensive zone.  Everton like ManU did a good job of kicking it long so we couldn't counter-press.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #925 on: March 6, 2019, 11:20:27 am »
In looking at some stat posts there's a couple of things that really stick out as odd:

-Origi was a hot mess.  Average position was only ahead of Fabinho!!  He also completed all of 10 passes in 63 minutes with 1 shot while Firmino completed 9 in the following 27.
-Gini was a hot mess.  He was playing like Keita in the 4231 but did nothing.  No dribbles, no shots, no passes. 
-Minimal ball recoveries in the offensive zone.  Everton like ManU did a good job of kicking it long so we couldn't counter-press.
And yet, no changes were made half time. Think that's the main indicator that Klopp wanted to make sure, more than anything, that we didn't lose, before going for the kill.

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm still annoyed by this and the Old Trafford result. Two teams there for the taking and we didn't go for the win. But then I think about the dark days under Hodgson and remember how far we've come!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel