Author Topic: Leicester City AKA The Plutocrats  (Read 261540 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Leicester City
« Reply #2440 on: August 5, 2021, 01:18:25 pm »
Thanks.

That's much shorter than I would have thought.  I know Gomez's injury was ankle rather than leg and required eventual ankle surgery but Gomez's six months compared to the prognosis of 6-8 weeks is surprisingly good news.

He's still awaiting to see the ankle damage
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2441 on: August 5, 2021, 01:23:28 pm »
Thanks.

That's much shorter than I would have thought.  I know Gomez's injury was ankle rather than leg and required eventual ankle surgery but Gomez's six months compared to the prognosis of 6-8 weeks is surprisingly good news.

I believe they tried conservative management with Gomez first, the fracture didn't unite so they had to go to surgery which lengthened the timeframe.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2442 on: August 5, 2021, 03:45:19 pm »
Having just seen the vid,  the tackle from Fer is an odd motion,  usually when you slide tackle the follow through momentum keeps you going the opposite way.  Looks like Fer meant to leave a bit more than what's fair after the  earlier clash with Fofana.... but this risk is always there on the pitch.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2443 on: August 6, 2021, 01:49:58 pm »
Just me that thinks it wasn’t that bad a challenge? A bit hard for a friendly but he’s got the ball. Think Fofana’s ankle is just planted awkwardly. 0 intent.

I've not actually seen it but... do these challenges come about in pre-season friendlies when players aren't fully fit, their bodies are overstretching, and their brains are tired.
ie 3 weeks later they'd have timed it differently.  Or are they just shithouses?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2444 on: August 7, 2021, 05:23:50 pm »
The 2021 Charity Shield : Leicester City 1 - 0 Manchester City.

Leicester XI: Schmeichel, Ricardo, Amartey, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Ndidi, Tielemans, Perez, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy.
Subs: Ward, Thomas, Benkovic, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall, Soumare, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Daka.

Man City XI: Steffen, Cancelo, Dias, Ake, Mendy, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Palmer, Mahrez, Edozie, Torres
Subs: Carson, Couto, Sandler, Rodri, Gomes, Doyle, Grealish, Bernardo, Knight.

Info - https://twitter.com/FA : www.thefa.com/competitions/the-fa-community-shield : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Community_Shield : https://twitter.com/LCFC

The match will go straight to a penalty shootout if the scores are tied after 90 minutes (there is no 30 minute period of extra-time).

The match is live in the UK on ITV / ITV Hub - www.live-footballontv.com

TV stations around the world showing the match live (+ great for IPTV etc) - www.livesoccertv.com/match/4069580/leicester-city-vs-manchester-city

60+ Stream Sites - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.0 (in the 'Some useful info for following the football + TV, Streams, & Highlights etc' thread)

Leicester 1-0 Man City; Iheanacho goal (penalty) on 89' - https://streamwo.com/ulc2XPm & https://twitter.com/101greatgoals/status/1424069554473422851

Leicester win the 2021 Charity Shield

Highlights & Full Match Replay : https://old.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/ozw47n/leicester_city_vs_manchester_city_fa_community

5 minute ITV highlights:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ypS-4akyLys" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ypS-4akyLys</a>

Video of Schmeichel lifting the Shield - https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/status/1424075984261861378

Grauniad Match Report: www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/07/leicester-manchester-city-community-shield-match-report

« Last Edit: August 7, 2021, 07:44:31 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2445 on: August 7, 2021, 06:13:14 pm »
Hope we see Daka get a run out

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2446 on: August 7, 2021, 06:14:06 pm »
Hope we see Daka get a run out

Hope we see England get a run out.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2447 on: August 7, 2021, 07:05:02 pm »
Be honest, who else thought Ianecho would "miss"?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2448 on: August 7, 2021, 07:09:34 pm »
Get in, well done Brendan lad, made up for ye.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2449 on: August 7, 2021, 07:10:49 pm »
Fantastic! Well done Leicester. Looked pretty good as well. Another trophy for Brendan
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: August 7, 2021, 07:13:57 pm »
Honestly, these are my second favourite club this year.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: August 7, 2021, 07:15:01 pm »
Well done, Brendan.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2452 on: August 7, 2021, 07:17:28 pm »
Well done, Brendan.

Absolutely, It never grates on me when somebody who has represented Liverpool - who is by and large a good person, does well...

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2453 on: August 7, 2021, 07:18:47 pm »
Will never forgive him that. Cheated us of another title.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2454 on: August 7, 2021, 07:20:15 pm »
Leicester have won a Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield, Championship title and League One title since 2000.

Just need to get relegated to League Two now to complete the set.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2455 on: August 7, 2021, 07:20:37 pm »
Well in Brendan!

Fuck off city and Ped Cardiola.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2456 on: August 7, 2021, 07:27:08 pm »
Absolutely, It never grates on me when somebody who has represented Liverpool - who is by and large a good person, does well...

I didn't mind it when someone who had represented Liverpool, who was by and large a gigantic arsehole, did well against Man City.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2457 on: August 7, 2021, 07:28:21 pm »
I didn't mind it when someone who had represented Liverpool, who was by and large a gigantic arsehole, did well against Man City.

Are you talking about Brendan?

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2458 on: August 7, 2021, 07:31:16 pm »
Are you talking about Brendan?

Hodgson.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2459 on: August 7, 2021, 07:32:34 pm »
Hodgson.

Ooh, you'll have to forgive me mate, i never knew he actually did!

Anyway, Leicester thread, well done Brendan, really please for you mate...

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #2460 on: August 7, 2021, 07:39:53 pm »
Leicester have won a Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield, Championship title and League One title since 2000.

Just need to get relegated to League Two now to complete the set.

Amazing what financial doping will do for a club.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2461 on: August 7, 2021, 07:40:08 pm »

Nah, but don't get the not celebrating bullshit after scoring against a club you barely played for and haven't been at since 2017!

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2462 on: August 7, 2021, 07:42:02 pm »
Hodgson.

It felt like Hodgon's Palace were always good for a result against City and would bend over for us. Had such a soft spot for the c*nt by the end, easy to forget the 2010-11 season sometimes.
:D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2463 on: August 7, 2021, 07:44:28 pm »
Honestly, these are my second favourite club this year.

Yeah, not for me when these c*nts wave S*n banners at us at away games

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: August 7, 2021, 07:45:59 pm »
Amazing what financial doping will do for a club.

I'm not sure whether you're insinuating that their owners are wealthy to the point of their success....they are by and large in the same ball park as our owners, in fact they have a little more than ours do....but it's competitive, our club has more self generated revenue than Leicester....

At no point have i seen any financial information that they have deviated on FFP... infact they had an awesome acquisition department that allowed them to make a small fortune, along with winning a league on a wage budget fucking massively smaller than their competitors.....

They had a great footballing and business model.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2465 on: August 7, 2021, 07:46:33 pm »

Not seen that mate, so if that's the case then i accept your frustrations.

I'll add to this, it happens at all away grounds mate....
« Last Edit: August 7, 2021, 07:48:08 pm by A-Bomb »

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2466 on: August 7, 2021, 07:51:37 pm »

Just a little glimpse for you

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/12/27/video-some-vile-leicester-fans-show-lfc-supporters-the-sun-logo-as-reds-thrash-the-foxes-4-0/

It also doesn't happen at all away grounds, I've been to plenty of them

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2467 on: August 7, 2021, 07:53:27 pm »

This is mad to me. I have pictures of Leicester at home from 16/17 and they are holding up Don't Buy the Sun banners in the away end.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2468 on: August 7, 2021, 07:55:23 pm »
I'm not sure whether you're insinuating that their owners are wealthy to the point of their success....they are by and large in the same ball park as our owners, in fact they have a little more than ours do....but it's competitive, our club has more self generated revenue than Leicester....

At no point have i seen any financial information that they have deviated on FFP... infact they had an awesome acquisition department that allowed them to make a small fortune, along with winning a league on a wage budget fucking massively smaller than their competitors.....

They had a great footballing and business model.

You could do with looking into their spending and the action the Football League were taking against them. It ended in court and a pay off. If you still lord them after that you have a different value set to me.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2469 on: August 7, 2021, 08:08:54 pm »
You could do with looking into their spending and the action the Football League were taking against them. It ended in court and a pay off. If you still lord them after that you have a different value set to me.

Oh mate i'm all for education, so please share me some links mate.... i always had them as a club doing it the right way.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2470 on: August 7, 2021, 08:12:43 pm »
Oh mate i'm all for education, so please share me some links mate.... i always had them as a club doing it the right way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43146018

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2471 on: August 7, 2021, 08:17:17 pm »
It’s just dawned on me that City have Spain’s best striker and Brazil’s first choice striker and Guardiola is desperate to sign a striker …. It beggars belief really

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2472 on: August 7, 2021, 08:19:17 pm »

This is mad to me. I have pictures of Leicester at home from 16/17 and they are holding up Don't Buy the Sun banners in the away end.
It was only a couple of twats who look like they were there together and had the 'bright' idea to act like complete gobshites. Hardly a case for collective responsibility and nor does it negate the sounds fans from 16/17 you mention, nor the generally positive response to Liverpool that I've always heard from Leicester fans.

Having said that some of their fanbase did go up a level in general twattiness after they won the league. A case of giving it the big 'un and a bit of undue arrogance, esp when they played away in Europe.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2473 on: August 7, 2021, 08:23:01 pm »
It really wasn't all that bad. They claimed misunderstanding, it was probably a bit of a case of chancing it to see if they'd get away with it. Not squeaky clean but not that terrible either.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2474 on: August 7, 2021, 08:23:26 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43146018
Pretty common in the Championship though isn't it? Most of the clubs are making losses.and towing that line. Knowing if they can get to the Prem it's worth it

I mean in that article

"The Foxes had legally challenged the charge of breaching FFP rules, but proceedings were halted pending the outcome of a legal challenge by Queens Park Rangers in May 2015 that is ongoing.

Bournemouth were fined £7.6m for breaching FFP rules in their 2014-15 promotion-winning season.

Sides that breach FFP rulings not promoted to the Premier League can face a ban on transfers.

Championship sides Bolton, Fulham and Nottingham Forest were all placed under a transfer embargo after breaching Football League rules in 2014-15."

Know Birmingham had a point deduction other year too

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2475 on: August 7, 2021, 08:26:42 pm »
It was only a couple of twats who look like they were there together and had the 'bright' idea to act like complete gobshites. Hardly a case for collective responsibility and nor does it negate the sounds fans from 16/17 you mention, nor the generally positive response to Liverpool that I've always heard from Leicester fans.

Having said that some of their fanbase did go up a level in general twattiness after they won the league. A case of giving it the big 'un and a bit of undue arrogance, esp when they played away in Europe.

It was more than a couple. I was there, and surprisingly sober for an away, so I remember seeing them

Also any club that plays a Fox Hunting horn prior to any match shouldn't have anyone's support really.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2476 on: August 7, 2021, 08:36:37 pm »
It really wasn't all that bad. They claimed misunderstanding, it was probably a bit of a case of chancing it to see if they'd get away with it. Not squeaky clean but not that terrible either.

They were lucky that they got promotion, otherwise they were likely to have been up for a fine and points deduction for the following season. As it transpired they were out of the control of the Football League and so they, and the FL, were happy with a payoff.

They cheated, were caught and had to pay out £3m. You don't pay £3m if you are innocent, but if you are unnaturally wealthy, you can pay to make problems go away.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2477 on: August 7, 2021, 08:39:28 pm »
It was more than a couple. I was there, and surprisingly sober for an away, so I remember seeing them
Well I wasn't there that day so I'll take your word for it, but I've been there other times and never seen anything like it. A bunch of knobheads, then, rather than two.

Also any club that plays a Fox Hunting horn prior to any match shouldn't have anyone's support really.
Yeah, I'm rabidly anti-fox hunting and I think it's cringeworthy, but I can sort of see why some bright spark thought it would be appropriate, with the Reynard symbolism (though you'd think they'd be pro-Reynard) and the egregiously infamous but important Quorn Hunt nearby

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2478 on: August 7, 2021, 08:45:06 pm »
Well I wasn't there that day so I'll take your word for it, but I've been there other times and never seen anything like it. A bunch of knobheads, then, rather than two.
Yeah, I'm rabidly anti-fox hunting and I think it's cringeworthy, but I can sort of see why some bright spark thought it would be appropriate, with the Reynard symbolism (though you'd think they'd be pro-Reynard) and the egregiously infamous but important Quorn Hunt nearby

It's part of their tradition, just as Liverpool incorporated the Liverbird into our badge, and Norwich changed their colours to match their nickname.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2479 on: August 7, 2021, 08:48:51 pm »
They were lucky that they got promotion, otherwise they were likely to have been up for a fine and points deduction for the following season. As it transpired they were out of the control of the Football League and so they, and the FL, were happy with a payoff.

They cheated, were caught and had to pay out £3m. You don't pay £3m if you are innocent, but if you are unnaturally wealthy, you can pay to make problems go away.
I've never said they were 'innocent'; I reckon they chanced it though they claim misunderstanding and the EFL seemed happy with that. Perhaps money changed hands, I don't know.

Financial shenanigans are not unheard of once big money is involved. I just don't think it was that bad in the grand scheme of things. If some kind of bribery can be proved that would be much worse.

And in any case, as we should know, the fanbase and the historic entity that is a club can't control what any particular ownership models do. At some point most clubs will have their moment of shame.

There is another much more engaging and appealing side to the ownership. Few owners have the same close relationship with the fans, and a seemingly genuine determination to win things for those fans, as Leicester's do.