Author Topic: Summer 2019 predictions thread.  (Read 1762 times)

Offline aw1991

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Summer 2019 predictions thread.
« Reply #40 on: June 4, 2019, 08:42:18 PM »
Outs:
Sturridge, Moreno, Mignolet, Wilson, Lallana, Kent, maybe Shaq, maybe Lovren, MAYBE Milner

Ins:
Sessegnon, Alex McCarthy, Konate (if Lovren leaves), Aouar

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #41 on: June 4, 2019, 09:46:47 PM »
Just keep our best players

Who ever klopp brings in you just know there  going to be successful

Creative midfielder and  somebody to compete with our front three

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #42 on: June 4, 2019, 09:50:44 PM »
No idea who is arriving, nor am I very fussed.
We're such a strong team, it's really about fine touches and beefing up the squad.
We obviously need a left back so one of those probably, some attacker to take the load off our front three and possibly a second goalkeeper. That's about it for me.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #43 on: June 4, 2019, 10:13:17 PM »
Outs:
Sturridge, Moreno, Mignolet, Wilson, Lallana, Kent, maybe Shaq, maybe Lovren, MAYBE Milner

Ins:
Sessegnon, Alex McCarthy, Konate (if Lovren leaves), Aouar

Absolutely no way we should be letting Milner leave. We shouldnt be petting Lovren go either. Both are big characters as well.

Online Agent99

• Believer
« Reply #44 on: June 4, 2019, 10:34:10 PM »
Absolutely no way we should be letting Milner leave. We shouldnt be petting Lovren go either. Both are big characters as well.
Agreed. I wouldn't let Shaqiri go either. Replace Sturridge, Moreno and possibly Lallana and Mignolet if they leave with more suitable players. 3 maybe 4 new arrivals is all we need imo.

Offline Heritage

• Boys Pen
  • Boot Room Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: June 4, 2019, 10:59:05 PM »
Really exciting transfer window for us, we haven't been this attractive as a prospective club for a very long time, and our pull now should be nearly maximized. IMO This poses a magnificent opportunity to not only secure above average back up reinforcements in key positions (LW/FW, LB, RB + back-up GK if these Clyne and Mignolet rumors carry water) but to attract established top talent.

If we could attract an established, mid-career, world class midfielder... It could do absolute wonders for our team overall and it's flexibility. Naturally, a player fitting that description is pretty god damn hard to come by. Could we attract, say, Toni Kroos, and match his current wages? Technically yes, but it remains unlikely. Personally, I'd love to see us pursue a player like Verratti, but we'll likely go in again for Fekir (which is totally fine). A midfield talisman could change our midfield from a relentless machine (that is still the weak point of the team, but has players still growing) to something truly fearsome.

I also feel that Origi has absolutely earned a place in the rotation, but even so with Dinger and Solanky done we'll be needing another rotational FW so it would be nice to dump some cash here on a top prospect. Timo Werner? Keita Balde? Max Gomez? I lean towards Balde myself.

CB is a position that we're fine in, but the rumors that we are pursuing De Ligt do tempt. With a player like that our backline could be sorted and top 5 in the world for 6-10 years, as well as immediately being doubtlessly elevated to a firm top 3 backline. I do believe that our pull is nearly maximized at the moment and attracting top shelf talent should be on the table. Would love to see a big signing this Summer.