Author Topic: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).  (Read 149340 times)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).
« Reply #840 on: January 7, 2019, 07:53:05 PM »
Bad News Pearce

The ECHO understands that Omur is not currently a target for Jurgen Klopp, who is unlikely to add to his squad during the January transfer window.
He sure knows how to kill the mood. :(

"James Pearce is reporting that sources close to Soxfan's girlfriend are saying Soxfan did not give her an orgasm last night. The ECHO understands she was bored & faked it."

Thanks James. :wanker

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #841 on: January 7, 2019, 07:55:37 PM »
Steven Caulker please.

Seriously, lets get in somebody as cover for 6 months

And this is why I'm surprised we haven't looked at bringing in an experienced option on a short-term deal . We've played with fire and now likely have got burned. That said we'll probably start Fabinho until we rush Gomez/Matip back

Offline Linudden

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #842 on: January 7, 2019, 08:15:42 PM »
Fabinho might not have bags of experience as CB, but he has the raw attributes to be a very good one. For starters, he's 15 cm taller than Mascherano...
« Last Edit: January 7, 2019, 08:21:01 PM by Linudden »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Believer
« Reply #843 on: January 7, 2019, 08:43:07 PM »
Bahaha that’s great  ;D

We’ve got the best defence in the league, set records at various stages of the season for goals conceded and then someone goes ‘....but Klavan’
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #844 on: January 7, 2019, 08:43:20 PM »
And this is why I'm surprised we haven't looked at bringing in an experienced option on a short-term deal . We've played with fire and now likely have got burned. That said we'll probably start Fabinho until we rush Gomez/Matip back

Surely we’ve got to look at Gary Cahill on a short term deal? Experienced, can come in straight away, decent enough. We’re talking 5th choice centre back here, someone who might play 4/5 games at most, think he’d be a good option on a 6 month deal.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #845 on: January 7, 2019, 08:48:50 PM »
Surely we’ve got to look at Gary Cahill on a short term deal? Experienced, can come in straight away, decent enough. We’re talking 5th choice centre back here, someone who might play 4/5 games at most, think he’d be a good option on a 6 month deal.

God no.

Matip and Gomez are due back after the Brighton game, Klopp isn't going to rush out and sign a CB to cover a couple of games at most this month.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Believer
« Reply #846 on: January 7, 2019, 10:02:19 PM »
If Gomez is still out for another few games and Lovren will be too then we definitely need someone short term.

We can't afford even a few games with someone filling in at CB who isn't used to playing there, or has very little first team experience.

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #847 on: January 7, 2019, 10:05:21 PM »
We should re-sign Klavan, he’d solve the major defensive problems we’ve been having all season. Or Cahill or Pepe.
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and that’s being very conservative. So that’s £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head that’s £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn.
  • Kopite
« Reply #848 on: January 7, 2019, 10:05:40 PM »
It's probably only the game against Brighton. Matip will then most likely be back for Palace with Gomez not far behind.

Offline tubby

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #849 on: January 7, 2019, 10:06:27 PM »
Fabinho is fine at centre half for a couple of matches, I'm more worried about the lack of quality available up front if Salah, Mane or Firmino get injured for any great length of time.  Desperately need another pacey forward who can cover across all 3 positions.  Sturridge is done and Origi just isn't at the necessary level.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #850 on: January 7, 2019, 10:07:50 PM »
It's probably only the game against Brighton. Matip will then most likely be back for Palace with Gomez not far behind.

Match fitness will definitely be an issue

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Believer
« Reply #851 on: January 7, 2019, 10:11:30 PM »
Fabinho is fine at centre half for a couple of matches, I'm more worried about the lack of quality available up front if Salah, Mane or Firmino get injured for any great length of time.  Desperately need another pacey forward who can cover across all 3 positions.  Sturridge is done and Origi just isn't at the necessary level.
Aye, that's a more precarious position. Luckily none of our front 3 have had any real issues with injuries in the past. Unlike 3 of our senior CBs, didn't need Klavan though :-X

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Believer
« Reply #852 on: January 7, 2019, 10:15:11 PM »
I think it's being very naive thinking Fabinho would be "fine".  You have to remember we are in a Premier League battle where we basically need to win every game we possibly can. Fabinho didn't look comfortable tonight, so i wouldn't want to risk playing him there again unless there is no other option.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #853 on: January 7, 2019, 10:17:23 PM »
I think it's being very naive thinking Fabinho would be "fine".  You have to remember we are in a Premier League battle where we basically need to win every game we possibly can. Fabinho didn't look comfortable tonight, so i wouldn't want to risk playing him there again unless there is no other option.

He did look comfortable.

And we don't have any other options until after the Brighton game so Fabinho will probably be playing alongside VVD at the weekend.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • Believer
« Reply #854 on: January 7, 2019, 10:19:54 PM »
Fabinho is fine at centre half for a couple of matches, I'm more worried about the lack of quality available up front if Salah, Mane or Firmino get injured for any great length of time.  Desperately need another pacey forward who can cover across all 3 positions. Sturridge is done and Origi just isn't at the necessary level.
This all day. Although I still have some weird hope that both Sturridge and Origi can do some good things for us. No idea what I'm basing this on, mind. Wouldn't mind another centre half, but if we buy one now they'll probably play the next coupla games (and be shite cos they haven't had time to bed in) and then spend the rest of the season not even getting on the bench.

Offline fucking appalled

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #855 on: January 7, 2019, 10:24:01 PM »

If they all get injured at the same time then we’re fucked

If one of them does we’re fine
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and that’s being very conservative. So that’s £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head that’s £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Believer
« Reply #856 on: January 7, 2019, 10:35:54 PM »

Who'd you reckon we'd play there. Shaq?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #857 on: January 7, 2019, 10:43:01 PM »
Do we not have a young tall CB that can slot in for a few games?

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Believer
« Reply #858 on: January 7, 2019, 10:43:21 PM »
Cover for 2 games (tonight and the next one, after that Matip and Gomez are back)? Is that really needed? Do you expect someone else, completely new to the team, to do that much better than Fabinho or Hoever tonight?

Offline fucking appalled

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #859 on: January 7, 2019, 10:44:08 PM »
Who'd you reckon we'd play there. Shaq?

Origi or Sturridge I’d imagine like we have already this season

You can’t shove all the fringe players into a team, at the same time, and then go ‘see that proves that none of them are good enough to be back up so we’re fucked if anyone gets injured’.

TAA - Gomez - VVD - Moreno

For a few games isn’t a problem

Salah - Firmino - Origi

For a few games isn’t a problem

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #860 on: January 7, 2019, 10:45:34 PM »
Do we not have a young tall CB that can slot in for a few games?

Hoever, based on tonight's evidence.

Matip and Gomez will be back in the next couple of weeks. 

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Believer
« Reply #861 on: January 7, 2019, 10:50:09 PM »

Not sure at all how we can cover for Salah, should he miss more than a game or two. Of course that is usually the case when your starter is a world class player, but ideally we’d have better cover for him than we do. We have no player like him really. Mane and Origi comes closest, but one is needed in another role almost every game, and the other just isn’t very good unfortunately.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #862 on: January 7, 2019, 11:07:49 PM »
Not sure at all how we can cover for Salah, should he miss more than a game or two. Of course that is usually the case when your starter is a world class player, but ideally we’d have better cover for him than we do. We have no player like him really. Mane and Origi comes closest, but one is needed in another role almost every game, and the other just isn’t very good unfortunately.

Mane, with Keita stepping into Mane´s role, maybe.
Welcome to Bologna on Capital Gold for England versus San Marino with Tennent's Pilsner, brewed with Czechoslovakian yeast for that extra Pilsner taste and England are one down.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Believer
« Reply #863 on: January 8, 2019, 12:27:57 AM »
We should just do our best to get a decent/top attacker in. We have the funds for it, no need at all to worry about affecting squad dynamics or anything like that.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #864 on: January 8, 2019, 12:30:40 AM »
We should just do our best to get a decent/top attacker in. We have the funds for it, no need at all to worry about affecting squad dynamics or anything like that.

The only way we do that is if a player that we really want is available right now. We wont be making short term decisions.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Believer
« Reply #865 on: January 8, 2019, 12:32:33 AM »
The only way we do that is if a player that we really want is available right now. We wont be making short term decisions.
If there's a time to be making short term decisions it's now. Get us a player who'll secure this league, here and now.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #866 on: January 8, 2019, 12:37:25 AM »
If there's a time to be making short term decisions it's now. Get us a player who'll secure this league, here and now.

Klopp doesn’t really do short term decisions in the transfer market. 

He’ll very likely wait until the summer to do any business.

Offline Redcap

• Believer
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #867 on: January 8, 2019, 12:38:33 AM »
Not bothered about the defence. If we fail to beat Brighton because Fabinho had to fill in one game, then we deserved to drop points. Klopp said Gomez and Matip back after that game, so I'm very comfortable.

As for the other positions, obviously we're not getting in anyone in the short term.

I think we can deal with one injury to Salah or Mané comfortably.

If Salah or Mané go out, we go to a 4-3-3 a la last season, with Shaqiri and the fit one of Salah/Mané, with Mané being the first choice backup goalscorer if Salah goes out. Keita is then the 10.

If Firmino goes out, it's a little bit harder. There's no one that really plays his role, I don't see who could come in and do the same things he does. I think we've been lucky so far he hasn't ever had an extended stint out, but I think we will need to train someone up to do his job - whether that's Brewster, Mané or someone new sooner rather than later. Issue is Sturridge and Origi are quite unsuited to playing the role, so I think we should be looking for someone to replace one of them, in July.

Offline jizzspunk

• Kopite
« Reply #868 on: January 8, 2019, 12:43:02 AM »

Gini played at the back at the Amex last season and we won 5-0

Surely we can cover 1 match till Matip is back

Matip might even be risked anyway
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Believer
« Reply #869 on: January 8, 2019, 02:21:55 AM »
If Firmino goes out, it's a little bit harder. There's no one that really plays his role, I don't see who could come in and do the same things he does. I think we've been lucky so far he hasn't ever had an extended stint out, but I think we will need to train someone up to do his job - whether that's Brewster, Mané or someone new sooner rather than later. Issue is Sturridge and Origi are quite unsuited to playing the role, so I think we should be looking for someone to replace one of them, in July.
Yeah, I was just thinking how we looked much better tonight as soon as Firmino came on the pitch, dropping deep, linking the midfield to the attack, carrying the ball. It would be really great to sign a player with similar attributes who can do that role, because as you say - we have no like-for-like replacement. There probably aren't any we can get who are as good as Firmino, but even someone less good but with the same skills would be lovely. There must be players we can get (and probably quite cheaply) in the Dutch, Scandinavian, German etc leagues who'd fit this profile.

Offline 88_RED

• Believer
« Reply #870 on: January 8, 2019, 06:32:43 AM »
If we're honest Ejaria is going nowhere fast. I'm not convinced he'll ever be good enough to make it here, so I hope this loan deal goes well so we can potentially fetch a respectable fee in the summer.

With Edwards around this will never be an issue.. Gone are the days of us being ripped off in the transfer market..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #871 on: January 8, 2019, 07:48:34 AM »
Couldn’t hurt to sign an experienced CB on loan or short term deal. We’re short there and both Matip and Lovren pick up constant injuries.

Fabinho shouldn’t be an option as weakens midfield drastically.

Did I read Pepe is available? Could he do a job?

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #872 on: January 8, 2019, 08:07:52 AM »
Imagine VVD picking up a knock :-X
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #873 on: January 8, 2019, 08:27:33 AM »
Did I read Pepe is available? Could he do a job?

No.

Hoever would be more reliable than Pepe, he’s terrible and too erratic.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Believer
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
    • Some Film Reviews what I dun
« Reply #874 on: January 8, 2019, 08:42:00 AM »
He did look comfortable.

And we don't have any other options until after the Brighton game so Fabinho will probably be playing alongside VVD at the weekend.
He looked comfortable but I would to see him in midfield ideally.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #875 on: January 8, 2019, 08:45:37 AM »
He looked comfortable but I would to see him in midfield ideally.

But if he has to cover there for a game or two until Gomez and Matip are back it shouldn’t be an issue - I’d prefer him to play in midfield too but we have the options there to accommodate Fabinho covering at CB for a game or two.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Believer
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #876 on: January 8, 2019, 08:56:44 AM »

A player that knows the system is better for a couple of games than a player that knows the position
Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Romford_Red

• Believer
« Reply #877 on: January 8, 2019, 09:19:16 AM »
I thought Fabinho looked very good at CB.

A defence is a team thing. If Fabinho looked that decent against a team that has done well against the other 'big' sides, whilst (sort of) carrying two teenagers and Moreno, whilst also getting little protection from the midfield for similar reasons, then he's more than fine to play a game against Brighton and one against Palace.

Imagine if this actually worked out and Fab turned out to be a decent CB. While I have nothing against Gomez or Lovren, VVD and Fab could be epic :D

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesligas shit
  • Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #878 on: January 8, 2019, 11:05:09 AM »
Fabinho was our best player on the pitch by a country mile - against Premier League opposition. He can do a  job Saturday.

A quality attacker would increase our chances of winning the league much more than a back-up defender for the sake of a few games. I don't expect either.
Better than the Invincibles.
Better than Mourinho's Chelsea.
Better than the fabled Man Utd treble team.

I'm alright with that.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #879 on: January 8, 2019, 11:28:43 AM »
We could probably play with just Virgil and Alisson at the back...
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid