Author Topic: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).  (Read 147757 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• Believer
Vote Labour

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).
« Reply #761 on: January 7, 2019, 01:15:01 AM »
Didn't the detroit red wings have an Abdulkadir? He was really good.

Offline RedG13

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #762 on: January 7, 2019, 02:41:09 AM »
Didn't the detroit red wings have an Abdulkadir? He was really good.
Yes and he is under contract though 2022-2023 season with cap hit of 4.25 mil. Source is here https://www.capfriendly.com/players/justin-abdelkader
« Last Edit: January 7, 2019, 02:43:02 AM by RedG13 »

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #763 on: January 7, 2019, 07:35:47 AM »
Going to be interesting to see the reaction if Origi goes this window and we donít sign anyone - I think itís quite a likely scenario.

I imagine the reaction will be Ďmehí.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Believer
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #764 on: January 7, 2019, 08:42:30 AM »
I imagine the reaction will be Ďmehí.

No chance.
If Origi left, the back up for the front three would be Sturridge, Brewster (who hasn't started a single Premiership game) and then you're looking at midfielders.
And you think the reaction to Origi leaving would be 'meh'. If you say so.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #765 on: January 7, 2019, 08:45:00 AM »
No chance.
If Origi left, the back up for the front three would be Sturridge, Brewster (who hasn't started a single Premiership game) and then you're looking at midfielders.

The FA Cup is the only reason to really want to keep him around. We have 2 rounds in January and if we get through then I do hope we keep him. If we dont then we dont reqlly need him.

Offline spider-neil

• Believer
« Reply #766 on: January 7, 2019, 08:48:31 AM »
The FA Cup is the only reason to really want to keep him around. We have 2 rounds in January and if we get through then I do hope we keep him. If we dont then we dont reqlly need him.

When the CL kicks in again (which admittedly may only be another two games) means two games a week. When you're playing two games a week then you have to look to rotate if you want to keep up the intensity and not risk injuries.
Also, thinking that the current front three will remain injury for the rest of the season is a presumption.

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #767 on: January 7, 2019, 08:51:37 AM »
When the CL kicks in again (which admittedly may only be another two games) means two games a week. When you're playing two games a week then you have to look to rotate if you want to keep up the intensity and not risk injuries.

Thing is we have Salah, Shaqiri, Firmino, Sturridge and Mane as our effective front three options and when playing a 4-2-3-1 we have Keita and Lallana that can be deployed on the left.

I think we are an attacker light (namely someone who can be effective playing off the left as Mane is our only really proven option there) but Origi hasnt been effective enough to keep himself around.

Offline spider-neil

• Believer
« Reply #768 on: January 7, 2019, 08:54:03 AM »
Thing is we have Salah, Shaqiri, Firmino, Sturridge and Mane as our effective front three options and when playing a 4-2-3-1 we have Keita and Lallana that can be deployed on the left.

I think we are an attacker light (namely someone who can be effective playing off the left as Mane is our only really proven option there) but Origi hasnt been effective enough to keep himself around.

Oh well, each to their own. But despite playing less than 100 minutes in the league I would be disappointed to see Origi move on in the January window unless the fee was huge. We don't have the biggest squad as it is.

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #769 on: January 7, 2019, 08:58:21 AM »
Is there anything reliable yet to suggest Origi is leaving this month?

• Believer
« Reply #770 on: January 7, 2019, 08:58:52 AM »

Oh well, each to their own. But despite playing less than 100 minutes in the league I would be disappointed to see Origi move on in the January window unless the fee was huge. We don't have the biggest squad as it is.

We dont and like I said, we are one attacker short in my opinion but we do have 5 attackers for 3 positions and can do stuff with formations and returning players to mitigate that.

If Origi had been better and shown more against Burnley or other sides then I would agree. But at the moment he hasnt been of much use at all, apart from that one glorious header.

Offline Agent99

• Believer
« Reply #771 on: January 7, 2019, 09:03:47 AM »
John Harriott@JHFootballAgent
Divock Origi is set to join Fulham from Liverpool for £25m. Something strange happening at Anfield... Solanke £19m, Origi £25m, Ings £20m... Money laundering? Wouldnít be surprised to see #FFP regulations broken and a ban given here #LFC #FFC

:lmao :lmao

• Believer
« Reply #772 on: January 7, 2019, 09:06:21 AM »
John Harriott@JHFootballAgent
Divock Origi is set to join Fulham from Liverpool for £25m. Something strange happening at Anfield... Solanke £19m, Origi £25m, Ings £20m... Money laundering? Wouldnít be surprised to see #FFP regulations broken and a ban given here #LFC #FFC

:lmao :lmao

Is that reliable?

Also we clearly got screwed over the Ings fee. I guess we can give Saints this one.

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #773 on: January 7, 2019, 09:07:41 AM »
No chance.

Origi is pretty poor though. Maybe thatís why I think itíll be meh. Iíd rather have one of Shaq or Lallana up top if we had a long term injury to about 4 forwards before Origi.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #774 on: January 7, 2019, 09:09:42 AM »
Is that reliable?

Also we clearly got screwed over the Ings fee. I guess we can give Saints this one.

How did we? He was out for like 2 years and Saints are paying his wages for the loan then transfer fee.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #775 on: January 7, 2019, 09:10:34 AM »
Origi is pretty poor though. Maybe thatís why I think itíll be meh. Iíd rather have one of Shaq or Lallana up top if we had a long term injury to about 4 forwards before Origi.

Fully agree. 25m for Origi would be great business

• Believer
« Reply #776 on: January 7, 2019, 09:10:54 AM »
How did we? He was out for like 2 years and Saints are paying his wages for the loan then transfer fee.

He is a reliable scorer unlike Solanke and Origi and relatively young. But yeah the injuries probably had a huge influence.

Online BarryCrocker

• Believer
« Reply #777 on: January 7, 2019, 09:15:58 AM »

And a rumoured 20% sell-on clause.

It was a magic deal for all parties.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Believer
« Reply #778 on: January 7, 2019, 09:24:16 AM »
He is not very good, but is at least a number 9. Sturridge doesnít play like one anymore. If this is our only chance to get 20-25 million for him, fine, but otherwise I donít really see the benefit of letting him go.

Online BarryCrocker

• Believer
« Reply #779 on: January 7, 2019, 09:25:12 AM »
Fully agree. 25m for Origi would be great business

It's nearly a double Shaq.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

• Believer
« Reply #780 on: January 7, 2019, 09:25:27 AM »
He is not very good, but is at least a number 9. Sturridge doesnít play like one anymore. If this is our only chance to get 20-25 million for him, fine, but otherwise I donít really see the benefit of letting him go.

We have Salah and Firmino who could play as the 9 with Sturridge replacing either as the 10.

Offline Roger Federer

• Believer
« Reply #781 on: January 7, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »
We have Salah and Firmino who could play as the 9 with Sturridge replacing either as the 10.
Itís Salah who is the regular number 9, who we need cover for of course. Not very often hopefully, but if we progress tonight Origi could be useful a few more times. Even if he isnít great, I think the rest of our attacking player who donít start all the time benefit if heís on the pitch to stretch teams. A front three of say Shaqiri, Sturridge and Lallana canít really. It would be better to have the option to play those three behind Origi. Firmino could play there too, but he isnít a number 9 either and probably needs a rest in the same games Salah do (they both almost always start).

25million is quite a lot though, and it wouldnít be a great loss if he leaves now. He wont get many minutes in the league.

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #782 on: January 7, 2019, 09:41:51 AM »
Iíd play Firmino, Mane, Shaq, Lallana, Sturridge, and probably a load of others out of position over Origi.

If some is offering us £25m then that by far surpasses what heíll offer on the pitch until May, imo of course, when he can then leave for free.

Offline Roger Federer

• Believer
« Reply #783 on: January 7, 2019, 09:54:37 AM »
Iíd play Firmino, Mane, Shaq, Lallana, Sturridge, and probably a load of others out of position over Origi.

If some is offering us £25m then that by far surpasses what heíll offer on the pitch until May, imo of course, when he can then leave for free.
How would you start tonight, without Origi, and with Mane, Firmino and Salah all rested?

He can leave for free? Didn't know that, thought he was contracted for another year. Then I'd take 25million too, for sure.

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #784 on: January 7, 2019, 09:59:37 AM »
Origiís contract runs until 2020 doesnít it?

When he was linked with other clubs in the summer it was being reported that he had two years left on his deal here.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #785 on: January 7, 2019, 10:14:21 AM »
Every media report I've seen says £15m not £25m, but either way it seems mad to be cutting our squad at this point of the season. It only takes an injury or two and we're at bare bones. I wouldn't have even let Clyne go, not when he's finally fit again and ready to start logging minutes.

Offline Knight

• Main Stander
« Reply #786 on: January 7, 2019, 10:18:53 AM »
If Origi goes too we must be bringing someone in.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #787 on: January 7, 2019, 10:24:15 AM »
I still say get Werner - even if we have to do the same thing we did for Keita (i.e. let him play there the 2nd half of the season - unless we sell Origi)

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #788 on: January 7, 2019, 10:26:33 AM »
If Origi goes too we must be bringing someone in.

Swap Origi for Coutinho and pretty much everyone was saying the same thing this time last year.

If Origi goes, it will very likely be the same outcome this January as it was last year - weíll wait for the summer to bring players in.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesligas shit
  • Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #789 on: January 7, 2019, 10:32:17 AM »

This point always glosses over the fact you're taking squad depth from another position.

I don't think I've even posted once about Clyne or Solanke leaving, because I'm not really arsed. I rate Clyne, but the manager clearly favours Trent, Gomez and Milner in that position in that order ahead of him, so it's unfair to keep a player of that age and quality around for the sake of a few starts a season, especially when we've got a couple of youngsters coming through who he seems to rate as well. I don't rate Solanke and think the statisticians got far too excitable over a small sample size last season, so the fee for him looks astronomical (like Ibe) and impossible to refuse for a player who hasn't even been making our bench.

But Origi has been, almost every week, so to let him go without replacing him would very clearly be leaving us a body light. If Oxlade and/or Brewster were back this month I could maybe understand it, but they're not, and to rely on them to hit the ground running after long-term injuries seems both risky and unfair in any case.

To make a second string XI for tonight's game without involving Origi would likely mean using Lallana, Keita or Curtis Jones in a front three. These players aren't forwards - they're midfielders and should be used as such. They don't make the runs in behind a player like Origi can make, which can make all the difference in matches. If you don't stretch teams, it's very difficult to break them down. This is even more the case when the other two players in that front three are Shaqiri and Sturridge, who are now very much 'come to the ball' type players.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2019, 10:34:07 AM by LallanaInPyjamas »
Better than the Invincibles.
Better than Mourinho's Chelsea.
Better than the fabled Man Utd treble team.

I'm alright with that.

Offline Roger Federer

• Believer
« Reply #790 on: January 7, 2019, 10:34:08 AM »
Swap Origi for Coutinho and pretty much everyone was saying the same thing this time last year.

If Origi goes, it will very likely be the same outcome this January as it was last year - weíll wait for the summer to bring players in.
I donít know what wouldíve happened if Coutinho stayed or if we replaced him with someone, but I think there is strong argument that weíd been able to handle our injuries in midfield and the loss of Salah in the final better with him being here or replaced.

Origi hardly ever plays though, unlike Coutinho, so I donít think it will make much of a difference.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #791 on: January 7, 2019, 11:14:15 AM »
Origi is probably similar to the Solanke situation. It was clear we intended to loan Solanke, until Bournemouth came in with an offer too good to turn down for a player not even making the bench. We're probably happy for Origi to stay until the summer, but if a club makes an offer around the £20m mark, we'll likely take it.

Think in that scenario Klopp would roll the dice, trust the squad can get through the next couple of months and then hopefully be bolstered by Chamberlain and Brewster. Just don't think we'll be making a signing, although it certainly feels like we're clearing the decks for a couple of incomings in the summer.

Offline Bergersleftpeg

• Believer
« Reply #792 on: January 7, 2019, 11:15:18 AM »
I still say get Werner - even if we have to do the same thing we did for Keita (i.e. let him play there the 2nd half of the season - unless we sell Origi)

Yep. Isn't this what Chelsea are doing with Pulisic? It is sometimes worth waiting a bit for top targets. We did it with Keita and, in a sense, with VVD as well.

I think getting someone in right now may be a waste as they may not be able to get up to speed straight away. Suppose that depends on the position though.

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #793 on: January 7, 2019, 11:23:51 AM »
Yep. Isn't this what Chelsea are doing with Pulisic? It is sometimes worth waiting a bit for top targets. We did it with Keita and, in a sense, with VVD as well.

We donít know if Werner is a top target though.

Given a few clubs are reportedly interested, it probably makes sense from Leipzigís perspective to wait for the summer and see if they can get a bit of an auction going, unless someone is willing to pay a premium on top of a big fee now.

Offline Rick-40

• Might be missing a 'p'. If found, please return to RAWK Towers in a stamped SAE for a reward.
  • Believer
« Reply #794 on: January 7, 2019, 11:29:06 AM »
Origi deserves a new contract for that goal.
P

Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly,
The Fields of Anfield Road,
We are loyal supporters,
And we come from around the world!

Allez, Allez, Allez...

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #795 on: January 7, 2019, 11:29:10 AM »
Origi is probably similar to the Solanke situation. It was clear we intended to loan Solanke, until Bournemouth came in with an offer too good to turn down for a player not even making the bench. We're probably happy for Origi to stay until the summer, but if a club makes an offer around the £20m mark, we'll likely take it.

Think in that scenario Klopp would roll the dice, trust the squad can get through the next couple of months and then hopefully be bolstered by Chamberlain and Brewster. Just don't think we'll be making a signing, although it certainly feels like we're clearing the decks for a couple of incomings in the summer.

Is getting an extra c. £5m now for Origi worth compromising squad depth? I didn't realise we're skint.

I'm alright with that.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Believer
« Reply #796 on: January 7, 2019, 11:30:41 AM »
Is getting an extra c. £5m now for Origi worth compromising squad depth? I didn't realise we're skint.

He's played 72 minutes this season. Whilst 6 of those minutes were glorious; I really do not think he will be missed.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #797 on: January 7, 2019, 11:33:15 AM »

Heís on a free in the summer.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #798 on: January 7, 2019, 11:38:26 AM »
Heís on a free in the summer.

That obviously changes a lot - still can't see why we couldn't have lined someone up last summer and got him and Solanke out of the door then to be honest.

I'm alright with that.

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #799 on: January 7, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »