Author Topic: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).  (Read 106685 times)

Online BrandoLFC

• Believer
Re: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).
« Reply #1000 on: January 11, 2019, 12:35:37 AM »
Barcas bid for Willian rejected, Chelsea want Malcolm part of the deal

No, the offer was Malcolm + cash for Willian which Chelsea rejected.  They should be jumping at that deal as it's crazy good.  Instead they want to keep Willian and sign Higuain who isn't even any better than Morata to stay 4th?  I don't know, seems completely short sighted and bad.  Like really bad.

As far as Barca, it's all about trying to win now with Messi and they're completely dependent on Dembele to stay wide so Willian makes some sense in that he'd cover for Dembele.  They're going to run into the same issue at this point as Real Madrid are in that the squad is going to all age out at once and then it's a shit show.

Edit: Link to Barca offer - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/10/chelsea-reject-barcelona-bid-willian-offer-brazilian-forward/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:45:11 AM by BrandoLFC »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1001 on: January 11, 2019, 12:40:06 AM »
At least you can understand why barca would do that deal with messi/Suarez/busquets/pique all being 32 or so, chelsea though is just odd

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #1002 on: January 11, 2019, 12:44:28 AM »
No, the offer was Malcolm + cash for Willian which Chelsea rejected.  They should be jumping at that deal as it's crazy good.  Instead they want to keep Willian and sign Higuain who isn't even any better than Morata to stay 4th?  I don't know, seems completely short sighted and bad.  Like really bad.

As far as Barca, it's all about trying to win now with Messi and they're completely dependent on Dembele to stay wide so Willian makes some sense in that he'd cover for Dembele.  Not saying it makes any sense as they're going to run into the same issue at this point as Real Madrid are in that the squad is going to all age out at once and then it's a shit show.

Cheers for the correction.

If they sign Willian, not sure what the purpose of Coutinho is. The aren't playing him as an 8, and he's barely getting a look in the front 3.

Suarez and Messi are certain to start so you'd have Willian,Coutinho and Dembele for one remaining spot?

Madness

Online BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #1003 on: January 11, 2019, 12:56:05 AM »
Cheers for the correction.

If they sign Willian, not sure what the purpose of Coutinho is. The aren't playing him as an 8, and he's barely getting a look in the front 3.

Suarez and Messi are certain to start so you'd have Willian,Coutinho and Dembele for one remaining spot?

Madness

Coutinho is a bench player at this point due to squad issues.  Willian would rotate with Dembele.

Coutinho can't play in a midfield with the favored Busquets/Rakitic combo as they're all a negative defensively which means teams almost waltz through the middle on counters.  So they need to play Arthur or lately Vidal who still has some legs left instead of Coutinho.  If Busquets or Vidal were still in their prime then they could get away with Coutinho in midfield or if instead of signing Vidal they signed the next Kante.  Unfortunately for him they did not do that so he doesn't get minutes in midfield.

Then he can't play with Suarez/Messi up top as all three then end up in the middle of the box/field and nobody is left out wide.  So they then become very easy to defend.  Which is why Dembele has now been preferred to him as he'll stay out wide to help with spacing.  Again not solely a problem made by Coutinho but he's also not replacing Suarez or Messi, it's just not happening.

So what's he left with?  Basically the bench which is what has been happening now.

For Barca's transfer strategy, I almost wonder if it's just left to Messi for the most part?  Something similar to LeBron here in the States when he was in Cleveland.  They would just sign old pros that he liked instead of ever looking to the future unless it just happened by chance.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #1004 on: January 11, 2019, 01:00:04 AM »
Coutinho is a bench player at this point due to squad issues.  Willian would rotate with Dembele.

Coutinho can't play in a midfield with the favored Busquets/Rakitic combo as they're all a negative defensively which means teams almost waltz through the middle on counters.  So they need to play Arthur or lately Vidal who still has some legs left instead of Coutinho.  If Busquets or Vidal were still in their prime then they could get away with Coutinho in midfield or if instead of signing Vidal they signed the next Kante.  Unfortunately for him they did not do that so he doesn't get minutes in midfield.

Then he can't play with Suarez/Messi up top as all three then end up in the middle of the box/field and nobody is left out wide.  So they then become very easy to defend.  Which is why Dembele has now been preferred to him as he'll stay out wide to help with spacing.  Again not solely a problem made by Coutinho but he's also not replacing Suarez or Messi, it's just not happening.

So what's he left with?  Basically the bench which is what has been happening now.

For Barca's transfer strategy, I almost wonder if it's just left to Messi for the most part?  Something similar to LeBron here in the States when he was in Cleveland.  They would just sign old pros that he liked instead of ever looking to the future unless it just happened by chance.

I don't think Messi makes decisions like that, obviously we're all guessing but their transfer decisions have been really baffling, I can't see Messi being that daft.

Coutinho had a great half a season at Barca after joining in January, but other than tactical issues, he's been injured this season. Velverde imo isn't the right coach for him to get him to a higher level than he is currently.

He went from being one of the stars in England, to now an afterthought at Barca

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #1005 on: January 11, 2019, 01:04:28 AM »
I don't think Messi makes decisions like that, obviously we're all guessing but their transfer decisions have been really baffling, I can't see Messi being that daft.

Coutinho had a great half a season at Barca after joining in January, but other than tactical issues, he's been injured this season. Velverde imo isn't the right coach for him to get him to a higher level than he is currently.

I'm sure there were reports of Klopp telling him that when we were trying to convince him to stay, that he'd end us just another player at Barcelona if he did leave.

I'm surprised he's struggling so badly at the moment, I really thought he'd be great there.  I saw some Barcelona supporters' opinions of him on Twitter after their game last night and a lot of them were vitriolic.

Offline blacksun

• Believer
« Reply #1006 on: January 11, 2019, 01:05:15 AM »

Insert <Van Dijk who cares gif> here

Online BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #1007 on: January 11, 2019, 01:15:28 AM »

Because he's an amazing player, maybe the best of all time, he can't be infallible?  At least here in the US most All Time greats, regardless of sport, end up failing as talent evaluators with some exceptions.  Michael Jordan was and has been a terrible GM for instance.  John Elway is busy running the Denver Broncos into the ground because he can't properly evaluate QB's which is ironically the position he played.  I know PoP has talked about it before as well.  And yes I think Messi would have that type of pull.  Barca are completely dependent on him at this point, your going to piss him off by not listening to him and what he wants?  I"m sure they bend over backwards every day to meet whatever need he has as long as that means he's out there for 90 minutes every game.

As far as Coutinho, I guess what I was saying is it's not his fault.  Valverde is searching for answers to squad age issue and bad transfer dealings that weren't of his making.  Whoever it may be in charge if it was a must win game and every one is 100% fit he has to play Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Rakitic, Alba and Pique.  Klopp may have got Coutinho to play as a #8 at times but it certainly wasn't like he was prime Gerrard out there, he had some defensive action but very minimal.  So based on who HAS to play by then putting Coutinho out there it completely imbalances the side, at least for games that matter such as vs. LFC in the CL.  We would romp through that line-up and only Messi's magic could be the difference.

Edit: LOL I confused Pique and Ramos.   :o
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:26:52 AM by BrandoLFC »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1008 on: January 11, 2019, 01:23:11 AM »
Didn’t zlatan say in his book messi told barca if he couldn’t play centrally he’d be off?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hand over the cookie.
« Reply #1009 on: January 11, 2019, 01:25:52 AM »
Poor Stevies gonna be distraught when we end up trading Ryan Kent for Philippe straight up instead of selling him Rangers.  ;D

This exact situation seemed inevitable to me from the start, Couhtino needs the nurture and the ability to make mistakes sometimes, relatively unremarked. He was in a really good spot and he got sucked into a really, really bad one, for his own structure. Barca's good, hes won stuff, fulfilled a dream, so thats all good for him. But without klopp hugs, really, i mean hes peaked i guess then, spend his days rifling one in the top corner every ten games or so off the bench....
Damn that Mane's good!

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #1010 on: January 11, 2019, 01:30:21 AM »
Whilst I love putting the boot into Coutinho, i think its far to premature for people to write him off at Barcelona. He will come good eventually I reckon. Barcelona and Madrid fans overreact and I remember when Suarez signed there was a period where he wasnt rated and people felt he didnt have the technique they needed.

Online BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #1011 on: January 11, 2019, 01:40:07 AM »
What's your definition of fine or good?  Barca could play him every game now and they probably wouldn't drop off that much.  Maybe it would guarantee they wouldn't win the CL whereas now they have a good chance and it makes the league closer than it should be?  Is that then not good, what almost any other club in the world would take? 

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1012 on: January 11, 2019, 01:40:34 AM »
He probably goes to juve in a year or two

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #1013 on: January 11, 2019, 01:52:10 AM »
Whilst I love putting the boot into Coutinho, i think its far to premature for people to write him off at Barcelona. He will come good eventually I reckon. Barcelona and Madrid fans overreact and I remember when Suarez signed there was a period where he wasnt rated and people felt he didnt have the technique they needed.

Suarez was serving a 6 month ban due to his biting incident at the WC, so his start was rusty he hadn't played football, but by the time that season ended there was no question about his quality. Suarez could play anywhere in any system any way any how and be successful. Coutinho is not the same situation.

Offline S

• pineless
  • Believer
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1014 on: January 11, 2019, 02:33:08 AM »
Coutinho will come good eventually for them.

If he does leave Barca sometime soon though, I really hope he doesn’t join a rival English club. I loved watching him for us. Like Salah and Suarez in their individual ways, he too was capable of certain goals where you just think, “only Coutinho can do that”. He’d be a huge success for just about any team in this league.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1015 on: January 11, 2019, 02:40:00 AM »
Coutinho will come good eventually for them.

If he does leave Barca sometime soon though, I really hope he doesn’t join a rival English club. I loved watching him for us. Like Salah and Suarez in their individual ways, he too was capable of certain goals where you just think, “only Coutinho can do that”. He’d be a huge success for just about any team in this league.
which English club, only one which I think he could end up at is chelsea, come to think of it if they get ridiculous money for hazard this summer Phil could be a decent replacement

Offline Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
  • Backpfeifengesicht
« Reply #1016 on: January 11, 2019, 02:57:34 AM »
Coutinho won't give up on Barcelona this quickly after the way he went about getting his 'dream' move in the first place. He and his family wants to be in Spain. Maybe he'll come back to the prem one day, but I can't see him going to chelsea or anywhere else in the summer. He'll be there after the current coach gets the boot, and maybe things will pick up for him then.

Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1017 on: January 11, 2019, 03:30:17 AM »
Coutinho just needs to outlast Messi and then he will get to run the place.

Offline MinnyRed

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1018 on: January 11, 2019, 04:31:30 AM »
Insert <Van Dijk who cares gif> here

Insert <+1> here

Offline Zoomers

• Believer
  • Meow
« Reply #1019 on: January 11, 2019, 06:05:37 AM »
which English club, only one which I think he could end up at is chelsea, come to think of it if they get ridiculous money for hazard this summer Phil could be a decent replacement

Man City. David Silva is getting old so I can see them jumping at the chance to sign Coutinho.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1020 on: January 11, 2019, 06:41:16 AM »
Barcas bid for Willian rejected, Chelsea want Malcolm part of the deal
Eh?

Chelsea want to unload him inthe summer anyway...  seems an odd signing for Barca
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Redman78

• Believer
« Reply #1021 on: January 11, 2019, 07:01:44 AM »
He's 29 and injury prone.  Not sure where you're getting the 3 years from.  West Ham should move him on for that kind of fee, maybe £5m more but still.

It may make financial sense but selling pretty much your best player in the January window certainly isn't a no brainer from a footballing perspective in my opinion. If they are going to sell surely the summer is the window.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:05:36 AM by Redman78 »

Online jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1022 on: January 11, 2019, 07:52:31 AM »

It depends if the rumours are true about Barcelona wanting Neymar back. Coutinho could well be used in that deal according to a few journalists. It's been quite noticeable the lack of denials in this story overall. I would have expected Barca to deny all knowledge of it yet they haven't. I don't have any feelings towards him, though he used to be one of my favourite players. When you think back it was the likes of the ex-Barcelona players like Ronaldinho his national manager, who were so keen to get him to leave Liverpool and go to Barcelona, well neither of them are looking very smart now. You could well be right he could turn it around, but he needs to do it quickly otherwise things could esculate around him. He was afterall, thought of a an instant impact player for them and so far that's not proved to be the case, after a promising start.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #1023 on: January 11, 2019, 07:56:32 AM »
i wonder if camacho is a similar situation to grujic last season?

lazio wanted him and thought they could pick him up on the cheap but we insisted on £20m.

noises about benfica wanting him back will definitely be coming from their end as we don't leak on transfers anymore.

therefore stories are either bollocks or we will expect them to put their hands deep in their pockets.

i don't recall them doing that very often but lets wait and see.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #1024 on: January 11, 2019, 08:05:50 AM »
Eh?

Chelsea want to unload him inthe summer anyway...  seems an odd signing for Barca

probably don't fancy malcom and would rather cash.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #1025 on: January 11, 2019, 08:10:55 AM »
It depends if the rumours are true about Barcelona wanting Neymar back. Coutinho could well be used in that deal according to a few journalists. It's been quite noticeable the lack of denials in this story overall. I would have expected Barca to deny all knowledge of it yet they haven't. I don't have any feelings towards him, though he used to be one of my favourite players. When you think back it was the likes of the ex-Barcelona players like Ronaldinho his national manager, who were so keen to get him to leave Liverpool and go to Barcelona, well neither of them are looking very smart now. You could well be right he could turn it around, but he needs to do it quickly otherwise things could esculate around him. He was afterall, thought of a an instant impact player for them and so far that's not proved to be the case, after a promising start.

i don't see him coming back to anfield. too embarrassing for phil after pushing for a move and do think PSG more likely.

would rather us get dembele but is he fully settled and performing for those catalan rats? #vivaespana

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Believer
« Reply #1026 on: January 11, 2019, 08:49:22 AM »
Shaqiri and Sturridge are exceptionally talented, but do they offer enough “without the ball” for a Klopp team? I have to say I doubt it - In Daniel’s case age and injuries add to the doubt, in Shaq’s, it’s fair to ask whether it’s possible to teach old dogs new tricks - sufficient to enable him to be anything other than a bench player or a starter against dross. He was a bargain price, and worth buying, but I think he’s the very definition of squad player.
What is wrong with Shaqiri's defending and work rate? I was surprised that we were in for him even at the that price as I didn't think he was a Klopp player off the ball myself, but I was wrong about that. As part of a front 4 he's been great. Against Arsenal his defending ahead of TAA was as good as you can expect from an attacking midfielder. Our squad and the players he competes with still doesn't make him an automatic choice by any means, but he's a very good allround player, and much more complete than I thought.

As for next season, I do expect even more competition for him though. Chamberlain is back (although you never know if he can truly recover from that injury) and we'll sign another attacking player. We need competition for two positions in the attack, Mane on the left side, and for Salah as the number 9, but I doubt we'll buy two players. Werner I think could cover for both, but no idea if we're in for him or if he'd chose us, but that sort of player would be ideal.

We alternate between playing with either 2 or 3 central midfielders so need quite a lot of players, but if we buy Werner (or a similar player), our midfield and attack look pretty complete to me:

Central midfielders: Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita, Milner
Attacking midfielders: Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Firmino, Mane
Strikers: Salah, "Werner"

Origi and Sturridge will likely leave, and it's possible that Lallana will to. I don't mind if he stays to add depth, but he's barely played in almost two years and if gets himself fit again, he might want to be a regular elsewhere.

In defence we don't need much. Replace Mignolet and Moreno. Maybe replace Clyne too, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us use Milner, Gomez and Camacho/Hoever there as the back up to Alexander-Arnold next season. All in all 3-4 new players, only one major signing.

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1027 on: January 11, 2019, 09:56:43 AM »
why the fuck are we talking about Coutinho?? jeeeez

Offline welshred1976

• Believer
  • make us dream
« Reply #1028 on: January 11, 2019, 10:11:36 AM »
Out of interest where did the Tarkowski story originate?
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1029 on: January 11, 2019, 10:17:51 AM »
Russia
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesligas shit
  • Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #1030 on: January 11, 2019, 10:31:33 AM »

I first remember seeing it from big Mig Delaney of the Indy. He's often bang on when it comes to LFC transfers. In fact I'd be amazed if we don't see Tarkowski touching the 'This Is Anfield' sign within the next week or so.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-jurgen-klopp-shortlist-tarkowski-lascelles-premier-league-epl-a8361576.html

Online jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
« Reply #1031 on: January 11, 2019, 10:45:43 AM »
why the fuck are we talking about Coutinho?? jeeeez

Should he get sold on, rumours are we will get more money so it's relevant for our future business.

Online jillc

• RAWK Mod
  • Believer
« Reply #1032 on: January 11, 2019, 10:47:08 AM »
i don't see him coming back to anfield. too embarrassing for phil after pushing for a move and do think PSG more likely.

would rather us get dembele but is he fully settled and performing for those catalan rats? #vivaespana

I would agree, no way he's coming back here, nor should he. I think Klopp made his feelings clear enough in the interview with Melissa Reddy (I think it was her).

Offline lamonti

• Believer
« Reply #1033 on: January 11, 2019, 10:54:16 AM »
I think with hindsight, you could see him going to Arsenal, United or Chelea and being able to get games pretty quickly! He's better than anything United or Arsenal have in that position. Irony I guess is now that Chelsea end up paying 60 mill for the player who Sancho is helping keep out of BVB's starting 11. But of course, at the time, maybe no guarantee, whereas in Germany he could likely see the evidence of teams trusting youngsters on a regular basis.

And now, his price has sky rocketedd more than any youngster in Europe. BUT If they could tempt BVB to sell, he'd imrpove any of those starting 11's from the word go, such has been his progress at Dortmund.

Yeah I can see United absolutely splooging a fortune on him this summer, well, well north of £100m.
@montigol

Offline proudred

• Believer
« Reply #1034 on: January 11, 2019, 10:58:56 AM »
Read on the Echo website that coutinho has to appear 54 more times in order to trigger the £17.6 mill from barcelona.Come on coutinho play play play.

Offline Jookie

• Believer
« Reply #1035 on: January 11, 2019, 11:02:47 AM »
Coutinho just needs to outlast Messi and then he will get to run the place.

Coutinho will be 29 by the time Messi's current contract expires.

I think Coutinho will probably be a success for Barcelona. But that's in relative terms. I think he's become a regular starter and be one of their more important players. But his performances over the next year or so (and what has preceded) will be viewed by most Barce fans through the prism of his transfer fee.

Any player bought for +100M is going to viewed as needing to be an absolute star player. That's pretty difficult at Barcelona when the system, understandably, is shaped around getting the best out of Messi and, to a lesser degree, Suarez. Coutinho is a 140M signing that is not the star player the system is built around. He's a cog to complement the star attractions.

His challenge is to convince the Barcelona fans and media that he's a very vital 140M cog. The same pressure applies to Dembele. It's been the same with others in the Messi era Barcelona. Ibrahimovic is the prime example. Teams can have lots of good players but in essence they are set up from an attacking perspective to get the best out certain individuals (normally 2 or 3 at most). Our team is the same with Mane, Salah and Firmino.

As for Coutinho he won't be moving any time soon. I just dont think he'd want to give up on his 'dream move'. If Barcelona did see him surplus to requirements then I think they'd be looking for +80M as a transfer fee. That provides a very small pool of teams he can potentially join. I don't think we are one of them. We wouldn't pay 80M for someone his age, who may not be a guaranteed starter or fit with the current tactical system.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesligas shit
  • Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #1036 on: January 11, 2019, 11:06:23 AM »
As for Coutinho he won't be moving any time soon. I just dont think he'd want to give up on his 'dream move'. If Barcelona did see him surplus to requirements then I think they'd be looking for +80M as a transfer fee. That provides a very small pool of teams he can potentially join. I don't think we are one of them. We wouldn't pay 80M for someone his age, who may not be a guaranteed starter or fit with the current tactical system.

I'd have Phil back in a heartbeat at that price personally. If we persist with 4-2-3-1, there are few better players out there for the wide left or number ten role, and we know the level he can play at for us.

He's one of the top 20 footballers in the world, there's absolutely no doubt about that.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2018 Champion Tipster
« Reply #1037 on: January 11, 2019, 11:10:18 AM »
With that dodgy back of his? No thanks!

Offline Jookie

• Believer
« Reply #1038 on: January 11, 2019, 11:33:21 AM »
I'd have Phil back in a heartbeat at that price personally. If we persist with 4-2-3-1, there are few better players out there for the wide left or number ten role, and we know the level he can play at for us.

He's one of the top 20 footballers in the world, there's absolutely no doubt about that.

It's a good point around the 4-2-3-1.

I think we'll want a slightly younger player to be bought for the front 4 positions. I personally don't see us spending anywhere near 80M on a player next summer. Defo not on someone who will be 27 when next season starts. Just a gut feeling.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Keita Success

• A real fighter who doesn't deserve being treated badly by a needy hyper critical ex! Needs our support to believe in himself again.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #1039 on: January 11, 2019, 12:26:38 PM »
The Rag, I believe.
Champions League preview found here: https://bit.ly/2S7UfQy