Author Topic: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).  (Read 96028 times)

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).
« on: December 31, 2018, 12:11:34 PM »
Let's throw a few in here:

- Pulisic - The Yank - Gone to Chelsea

- Dembele - The Bad Boy

- Rabiot - Mommy's Boy

Rumours around these abound
« Last Edit: January 4, 2019, 07:01:31 PM by Tepid T₂O »

Offline Dazzer23

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Thread - Winter Window 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 12:16:44 PM »
Apparently Chelsea have put an offer in for Pulisic.

(Source: one of the guys on Sunday supplement yesterday, think it was Samuels)

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 12:16:55 PM »
Looks like Pulisic is going to Chelsea in the summer and Dembele is not happening.

It would be a huge surprise if there are any incomings this month, I've seen some reports that we're interested in a left-back at Bristol City but wouldn't expect anything to happen unless we get some bad injuries that force our hand.

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 12:18:18 PM »

£45m offer accepted and he will move to Chelsea in the summer.  Seems like a done deal this one.

On Dembele, I’m not sure why he would move to us from Barca unless they needed the money. 
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Online Agent99

• Believer
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:19:15 PM »

Rafa Honigstein said that Chelsea are the only ones to have formally bid but that Dortmund are waiting for other clubs to do the same.

Offline Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 12:21:22 PM »

- Pulisic

- Dembele

Which one? :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 12:23:30 PM »
All we need is one more attacker or who can play off the left, but that could be Lallana if we keep playing the 4-4-2.

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 12:33:59 PM »
You all know that we’re not signing anyone don’t you.....

You do ... good.
Bernard blows goats

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 12:38:14 PM »
Can't see us moving for anyone as Klopp said barring injuries it's unlikely

Pulisic, going by the bundesliga watchers on here he's nothing special and hasn't improved as he should have

Dembele, wonderful player but he seems to be surrounded with people who are bad influences and shit like turning up to training late a lot wouldn't fly here. Didn't he wreck a property of Klopps previously?

I'd still love Fekir here but I think that ship has long sailed.

Would love to see us move to secure a deal for a young talent like Pavard or De Ligt for a move in the summer.

Online jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 12:44:59 PM »
I can't see us signing anyone in January. No rumours from the usual LFC journalists so far either.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 12:49:51 PM »
I can't see us signing anyone in January. No rumours from the usual LFC journalists so far either.

I still have some extremely vague hope that some Fekir shaped figure will be unveiled shortly ;)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Stevie2810

• Boys Pen
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 12:52:07 PM »
This must be the first time in years that a Transfer Window is  about to open and I'm not even arsed about it.

Always felt in previous years we need at least 1 or 2 signings but this season I'm concerned that it would unbalance the squad.

In saying that if we get a few injuries (praying we don't!) things can change quickly.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 12:56:50 PM »
Faustino Asprilla and David Batty anyone? ::)

Offline Sarge

• Fucker
  • Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 01:09:50 PM »
You all know that we’re not signing anyone don’t you.....

You do ... good.

You do know you say this every window, you dont, ahh balls.
If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2018, 01:23:18 PM »
I think I've said this every transfer window for the last few seasons but I'd still love to see us get a pacy attacker who can fit in well anywhere across the front three. You look at the rest of the team and we have nice depth everywhere, even if it means players switching position, but that front three lacks any real depth, which is partly why we always play the same three players regardless of form or fitness. I don't want to see us resorting to Lallana out wide again as he's so ineffective there, and Shaqiri is an option but he's mostly playing in midfield at the moment and doing well there.

It's possible Klopp sees Brewster as this attacker, has there been any word on how close he is to getting involved in the first team?

Offline Sarge

• Fucker
  • Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 01:24:56 PM »

Lloyd Kelly from Bristol.

Offline cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 01:29:17 PM »
I don't think we will do anything this window except Solanke out on loan. Longer term where do we need to improve? Cover at left back, another pacy wide option and maybe a new striker if Solanke, Sturridge and Origi leave?

I think we also need to look at the homegrown quotas- if Sturridge and Clyne leave are we close to the limit? If so could someone like Sessegnon from Fulham (who we have had previous interest in) come in to cover both left back and left wing?

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 01:35:19 PM »
I don't think we will do anything this window except Solanke out on loan. Longer term where do we need to improve? Cover at left back, another pacy wide option and maybe a new striker if Solanke, Sturridge and Origi leave?

I think we also need to look at the homegrown quotas- if Sturridge and Clyne leave are we close to the limit? If so could someone like Sessegnon from Fulham (who we have had previous interest in) come in to cover both left back and left wing?

A back up goalkeeper, left-back and another attacker.

Given Mignolet and Moreno have both complained about not being first choice in their positions, it's probably safe to assume that they'll go in the summer.  If Clyne were to leave at some point we've got enough cover at right-back.  Sturridge and Origi will probably go permanently in the summer so we're probably looking at someone who can play across the front with Brewster getting an opportunity and Shaqiri another excellent option.

Offline Sarge

• Fucker
  • Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 01:40:12 PM »
to be honest if we do sign anyone it will be a wide pacy player and cover at LB.

Thats it.

Solanke will go on loan, Migs wont go anywhere, Moreno may go but doubtful and the rest ie. Markovic and Origi will go some time soon maybe the Summer but if we get decent offers then bye bye. More outs than ins in my opinion.

Offline will2003

• Believer
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 01:51:16 PM »
Seen a few Fekir rumours again which could be interesting... i think we need a LB, CB and perhaps a foward to back up the front 3. Don’t see all of them in jan however LB I think could happen
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Online Schmidt

• Believer
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2018, 02:09:15 PM »

Given Mignolet and Moreno have both complained about not being first choice in their positions, it's probably safe to assume that they'll go in the summer.  If Clyne were to leave at some point we've got enough cover at right-back.  Sturridge and Origi will probably go permanently in the summer so we're probably looking at someone who can play across the front with Brewster getting an opportunity and Shaqiri another excellent option.

Do we? Gomez for me has pretty much cemented his place at centre back, and there's been some suggestions that Klopp sees TAA playing in midfield eventually. If Clyne goes I think there's space to bring in another right back without them being under pressure to bed in immediately.

I can see us potentially losing 5-6 players over the next coming window and only bringing in 3-4, but being much better balanced for it.

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2018, 02:12:32 PM »
Do we? Gomez for me has pretty much cemented his place at centre back, and there's been some suggestions that Klopp sees TAA playing in midfield eventually. If Clyne goes I think there's space to bring in another right back without them being under pressure to bed in immediately.

I can see us potentially losing 5-6 players over the next coming window and only bringing in 3-4, but being much better balanced for it.

Yes.

Trent is going to be there for the long-term, Gomez, Milner and Fabinho can all cover there if we need them to, Klopp has said Camacho is an option there, Hoever is progressing pretty rapidly.

Offline lukeb1981

• Believer
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »

Hazzards replacement by the look of it.

Online Pyro

• no party no
  • Believer
    • Hattrick. Browser-based, football themed strategy game
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 02:23:34 PM »
First time since who knows when that I can say we don't need to sign anyone.

Wait until the summer and use that to sell a player or two we could improve on. Like, sell Lallana and replace with Fekir and/or sell Moreno and upgrade with quality LB, and/or Origi with Werner.
I will eat my own shit if city win this...

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2018, 02:29:09 PM »
You do know you say this every window, you dont, ahh balls.

Online Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
  • Backpfeifengesicht
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2018, 02:29:56 PM »
Hazzards replacement by the look of it.

bit of a strange replacement. Hazard mainly plays on the left cutting in I think? Pulisic so far has played mostly on the right. Also, he'd be a massive downgrade talent for talent.

Even odder, Bayern Munich are trying to sign Callum Hudson-Odoi from Chelsea, to let him go to Germany, and then bring in Pulisic for a big fee is some interesting transfer dealing!
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2018, 02:29:59 PM »
Seen us linked to Thorgan Hazard

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2018, 02:31:47 PM »

Going to Dortmund by the looks of it.

Chelsea apparently have first option on him and they want Pulisic so it makes sense for Hazard to go to Dortmund and facilitate Chelsea getting who they want.

Online Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
  • Backpfeifengesicht
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2018, 02:32:47 PM »

been a few rumours he wants to give the PL another go.  Also lot of talk that Dortmund want him.

Not sure if he'd leave to be a squad player though. He's been such a consistantly good player for Gladbach and improves year on year, plays mostly on the left, but has also played centrally and on the right.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2018, 02:34:53 PM »

- Pulisic

- Dembele

Now you've done it! :D

Online Schmidt

• Believer
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2018, 02:35:10 PM »
Yes.

Trent is going to be there for the long-term, Gomez, Milner and Fabinho can all cover there if we need them to, Klopp has said Camacho is an option there, Hoever is progressing pretty rapidly.

Gomez is, I think, unarguably our best centre back alongside van Dijk and Fabinho seems to be our first choice holding midfielder now, we shouldn't be weakening the rest of the team to cover for absences. Milner is an option but then he's also still one of our better midfielders and is often key there in the big games. I'm not sure Trent is there for the long-term either if we have plans to move him into midfield.

Camacho might be an option but so far we've used at least four other players in that position ahead of him this season, which suggests it's just too early for him.

Depending on if/when Klopp thinks TAA is ready to move elsewhere, having another right back bedded into the team and ready to take over would be great. We could also look for a utility fullback that can cover both the left and right.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Believer
  • @David_Harvey81
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2018, 02:36:45 PM »

Agree with the above, and the below.

If Moreno is leaving in the summer, then I'd love us to sign Chilwell. Think he's a proper, proper player and would give great competition for Robertson.

Online Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
  • Backpfeifengesicht
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2018, 02:38:19 PM »

If Moreno is leaving in the summer, then I'd love us to sign Chilwell. Think he's a proper, proper player and would give great competition for Robertson.

Price he'll go for - only Manchester City will be buying him. He'd be a 50 million pound backup!

Offline Sarge

• Fucker
  • Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2018, 02:42:21 PM »

Agreed!!!

Plus Thorgan Hazard has been linked.

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2018, 02:43:59 PM »
Gomez is, I think, unarguably our best centre back alongside van Dijk and Fabinho seems to be our first choice holding midfielder now, we shouldn't be weakening the rest of the team to cover for absences. Milner is an option but then he's also still one of our better midfielders and is often key there in the big games. I'm not sure Trent is there for the long-term either if we have plans to move him into midfield.

Camacho might be an option but so far we've used at least four other players in that position ahead of him this season, which suggests it's just too early for him.

Depending on if/when Klopp thinks TAA is ready to move elsewhere, having another right back bedded into the team and ready to take over would be great. We could also look for a utility fullback that can cover both the left and right.

There is no suggestion that we actually do - people have been calling for him to play in midfield since he broke into the first-team but it might never happen.  We're not exactly short of options in midfield as things stand in any case, we've got Oxlade-Chamberlain coming back much earlier than expected by the looks of things and another outstanding young midfielder coming through in Curtis Jones. 

We've got plenty of options at RB, we don't need to spend money there if/when Clyne does leave.  It won't be too long until Hoever is in the first-team picture either if he carries on at the rate he's progressing.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2018, 02:44:00 PM »
I'd be quite happy if our scouts have found another 16-18 year-old with huge potential. One that will actually meet that potential in 3 years.

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2018, 02:47:01 PM »

Chilwell is good but I don't think there's the slightest chance of us being interested in him again.

We've got the best LB in the league, arguably in Europe at the moment.  Leicester are going to want the same kind of money for Chilwell that Maguire was being touted for in the summer, it would be pointless for us to spend big on a player who is not as good as what we've already got. 

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Funk is the problem. And the solution.
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2018, 02:51:13 PM »

Chilwell might be the second best LB in the league, behind only Robbo. He won’t be coming here to be a rotational player and will be far, far too expensive at this point.
http://youtu.be/BrOWKFGlWSY

Follow my indoor team on Instagram as we strive for mid-table glory: @thebillyrayjeters

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Tepid T₂O

• RAWK Mod
  • Believer
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2018, 02:53:16 PM »
Agreed!!!

Plus Thorgan Hazard has been linked.
Source?

:lmao
Bernard blows goats

Offline Sarge

• Fucker
  • Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2018, 02:54:28 PM »
Source?

:lmao

Some bloke from a place said it to a tramp on the street and he soldthe story for love.