Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 197393 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: The Jordan Pickford thread
« Reply #2160 on: May 15, 2023, 08:42:48 am »

The grids on the fans behind him

--edit-- is that red on the superdry hoodie?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2161 on: May 15, 2023, 08:55:23 am »
Mo from Eastenders and Bob Greaves from Granada both ‘enjoying’ the game there.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2162 on: May 15, 2023, 09:38:14 am »
Is Pickford’s water bottle related to the Font of All Knowledge, the Bullens Wall?

It's Pickfordpedia.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2163 on: May 15, 2023, 10:29:41 am »
His water bottle told him Haaland always heads towards the far post.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2164 on: May 15, 2023, 10:51:20 am »
His water bottle told him Haaland always heads towards the far post.

Torres, Torres

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2165 on: May 15, 2023, 10:52:59 am »
Torres, Torres

You'll never reach the ball it said
Jurgen YNWA

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2166 on: May 15, 2023, 11:06:39 am »
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2167 on: May 15, 2023, 11:10:28 am »
He brings me so much joy on a weekend.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #2168 on: May 15, 2023, 11:39:15 am »
The grids on the fans behind him

--edit-- is that red on the superdry hoodie?

I see Bobby Chartlon is there .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2169 on: May 15, 2023, 11:56:04 am »
You'll never reach the ball it said
they bought the lad from sunderland

hes let the ball in again

Jordan Pickford

9 inch arms
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #2170 on: May 15, 2023, 12:03:22 pm »
I see Bobby Chartlon is there .

Timmo from brookside in the grey T-shirt.

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #2171 on: May 15, 2023, 12:08:01 pm »
What's your pleasure?

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2172 on: May 15, 2023, 12:14:59 pm »
https://dubz.co/c/a45cfc

What's he doing here? U8s level keeping from him yet again. Fucking gobshite.

Can you imagine Alisson doing this?

The daft c*nt could have saved that if he acted normally like any GK in the world.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: May 15, 2023, 12:22:09 pm »
The daft c*nt could have saved that if he acted normally like any GK in the world.

I enjoy ridiculing him as much as anyone. But what does he actually do wrong?
Starts on his near post, and moves toward the danger (Haaland) when it becomes apparent, then is caught wrong footed when the ball is headed back to where he's just come from.
Even normal length arms wouldn't have to that ball it was so far from him.

--edit-- thaddeus just answered.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 12:24:16 pm by PaulF »
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2174 on: May 15, 2023, 12:23:12 pm »
In his defence it was a free-header in the middle of the six yard box.  That it was a pretty poor and saveable header makes Pickford look daft, particularly the bizarre jumping into the post thing.

I don't really understand why Pickford was in front of his near post when Gundogan was about to cross and therefore had to sprint to get back into the middle of the goal.  There's protecting your near post and then there's just bad positioning and I think it was definitely the latter.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2175 on: May 15, 2023, 12:23:30 pm »
they bought the lad from sunderland

hes let the ball in again

Jordan Pickford

9 inch arms

'The Downward Spiral' is a fantastic album.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2176 on: May 15, 2023, 12:31:37 pm »
If he has to make a save, he's already made a mistake ...
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2177 on: May 15, 2023, 12:34:27 pm »
If he has to make a save, he's already made a mistake ...

Everton have already made a mistake by playing him.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: May 15, 2023, 12:41:17 pm »
Jordan Pickford thinks his water bottle talks to him when nobody is looking.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2179 on: May 15, 2023, 01:16:07 pm »
Jordan Pickford thinks his water bottle talks to him when nobody is looking.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #2180 on: May 15, 2023, 01:18:54 pm »
GHFGHF" border="0

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2181 on: May 15, 2023, 01:19:29 pm »

Timmo from brookside in the grey T-shirt.

Tin Head?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2182 on: May 15, 2023, 01:31:59 pm »
A career in Hollywood awaits him, seeing how much he loves the cameras

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2183 on: May 15, 2023, 01:32:42 pm »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2185 on: May 15, 2023, 02:45:55 pm »
Roy Keane had it spot on....I've been saying for years. He's one of the worst goalkeepers in the league - nowhere near one of the best.

He seems to live off a reputation of eccentricity and being Englands No1 (when there has been little to no competition for that Jersey)

His much lauded footwork and kicking is erratic at best and often ends up in the stands.
He storms off his line far too much and creates all sorts of problems for his defenders
He throws himself around like superman rather than shaping his dives to position his hands to redirect shots
He's an absolute mess with 1 on 1's - you've literally got no idea what he will do.
Causes complete panic in the defence because of his randomness so they've no idea what their doing.

And to compound all his shiteness he's a massive arrogant wanker who screams at everybody around him, as though he a fucking clue what's going on - I'd have chinned him by now.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2187 on: May 15, 2023, 02:53:30 pm »
Capon needs his own thread for these masterpieces.

there are so many classics it'd be great to visit it and review them at any time - a great way to really brighten up a bad day.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #2188 on: May 15, 2023, 03:22:04 pm »
Capon needs his own thread for these masterpieces.

there are so many classics it'd be great to visit it and review them at any time - a great way to really brighten up a bad day.
Seconded.  :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: May 15, 2023, 03:25:31 pm »
In his defence it was a free-header in the middle of the six yard box.  That it was a pretty poor and saveable header makes Pickford look daft, particularly the bizarre jumping into the post thing.

I don't really understand why Pickford was in front of his near post when Gundogan was about to cross and therefore had to sprint to get back into the middle of the goal.  There's protecting your near post and then there's just bad positioning and I think it was definitely the latter.

I still blame the useless twat for it. Like you say, his positioning was awful initially, but if you look at Haalands shape he's not going to go for a flick, he's going to go for power and T Rex should have anticipated that, instead he goes flying past the fucking thing (and the ball). He's just a clown.

For the freekick, while the dive is a clown dive, I don't really blame him for not getting to it. I've had a keepers eye view of an Alonso freekick from the Kop and by the time you see the ball it's too late to move. Ali counters this by making sure he can see the run up, then starts moving before the kick, to give himself the best chance of getting the ball.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2190 on: May 15, 2023, 03:34:03 pm »
Roy Keane had it spot on....I've been saying for years. He's one of the worst goalkeepers in the league - nowhere near one of the best.

He seems to live off a reputation of eccentricity and being Englands No1 (when there has been little to no competition for that Jersey)

His much lauded footwork and kicking is erratic at best and often ends up in the stands.
He storms off his line far too much and creates all sorts of problems for his defenders
He throws himself around like superman rather than shaping his dives to position his hands to redirect shots
He's an absolute mess with 1 on 1's - you've literally got no idea what he will do.
Causes complete panic in the defence because of his randomness so they've no idea what their doing.

And to compound all his shiteness he's a massive arrogant wanker who screams at everybody around him, as though he a fucking clue what's going on - I'd have chinned him by now.

He causes panic. Compared to Ali it's like they're playing two different sports. Him jumping around like a toddler in a ball pit for Haaland's goal epitomizes his approach to keeping. His positioning is so, so, so poor yet most people wouldn't pick up on it, because he has the odd highlights save (again, usually him rectifying his atrocious positioning). How many times have we seen Ali need to pull off a save for the cameras? I really can't think of too many.

His distribution is also woeful as you said. People laud him for this part of his game but every time I watch him he's punting it into the stands. Almost as bad as Raya for Brentford or De Gea in this area of his game.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 03:35:52 pm by Kopenhagen »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2191 on: May 15, 2023, 03:35:30 pm »
Jordan Pickford "He kicks far"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2192 on: May 15, 2023, 03:45:45 pm »
Jordan Pickford "He kicks far"

He'd be brilliant in Rugby League going for the 40/20 kicks as he always finds touch
Jurgen YNWA

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2193 on: May 15, 2023, 03:57:39 pm »

It winds me up that. If you watch him, he puts his boot through absolutely everything, just drives it as hard as he can. Every time

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #2194 on: May 15, 2023, 04:21:36 pm »
Tin Head?

Ha ha ha yeah that’s who I meant

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #2195 on: May 15, 2023, 05:54:33 pm »
The Haaland goal “leap” was similar to the leap he did against us. It’s as though he tries to anticipate the shot/header and move early. Problem is he looks a proper clown when the ball goes the other side.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2196 on: May 15, 2023, 06:00:45 pm »
The Haaland goal “leap” was similar to the leap he did against us. It’s as though he tries to anticipate the shot/header and move early. Problem is he looks a proper clown 

Could have stopped it there, really...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2198 on: May 15, 2023, 08:56:25 pm »
Looks like T-Rex arms was having the time of his life v the Cheats.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2199 on: May 15, 2023, 09:00:28 pm »
The Haaland goal “leap” was similar to the leap he did against us. It’s as though he tries to anticipate the shot/header and move early. Problem is he looks a proper clown when the ball goes the other side.
Ramsdale does this a lot too.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."