Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1428227 times)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #4720 on: February 5, 2019, 01:08:06 pm »
Currently we are 3 points clear having played the same number of games as everyone else. This is excellent - no?

62 points from 25 games is an excellent return.

Here's what the previous 5 league winning teams had accumulated after 25 games:

2018 - Man City 65 points
2017 - Chelsea 60 points
2016 - Leicester 53 points
2015 - Chelsea 59 points
2014 - Man City 54 points

Average = 58 points

So far we're meeting pretty much all of the criteria needed to win the title. Our points average is good, we're scoring heavily, and our defence is statistically the best in the league. I said this in the post game thread last night, anyone claiming that we're bottling this title challenge based on the last 2 results is just embarrassing themselves 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Korbflechter

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4721 on: February 5, 2019, 01:12:15 pm »
I can only speak for myself here but there is a feeling of trepidation about us at the moment.

I’ve said this before, we’ve lost every final we’ve played since 2012, and it’s quite a few. It is natural to feel stressed that it’s going to happen again and, for me, it does detract from the enjoyment a bit.

Before anyone starts, that’s not to say if I was at the game last night I’d have been pissing and moaning, I wouldn’t, I’d have been behind the team 100%, but honestly, I think it’s hard to enjoy the ride and not worry about whether or not it ends in success when every single campaign since 2012 has ended in failure.

The other thing to bare in mind is that Klopp isn’t going to be here forever. I am in no way suggesting he should be sacked if we don’t win a trophy soon, but I do fear he may eventually move on to pastures new out of his own choosing and I’d rather we win something before that happens. Of course I could be wrong and he could be here for the next 10 years but we do need to strike when the irons hot as you never know when it can all change, as we found out with Rafa.

You don't have to enjoy it mate. I did at times this season, right now I can't. But on the other hand, I can't wait for the next game to make up for the last two. I can't wait for the next City game although the frustration about their probable blow out win is going to eat me alive again. It's just the regular drama, nothing much really.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4722 on: February 5, 2019, 01:13:25 pm »
If you can't enjoy it because you are afraid of the end result, then why do you watch football season after season year after year?

It makes no sense.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4723 on: February 5, 2019, 01:25:47 pm »
our defence is getting over egged as an issue - the bigger problem is at the other end of the pitch

Maybe, but there's no doubt in my mind that we'd have won these last 2 games 1-0 if we had our first choice defence, and the mood would be so much different.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #4724 on: February 5, 2019, 01:29:12 pm »
We draw two game = bottlers

City lose a few = blip

You can only but laugh at the agenda from the media.
Better yet, I thought I should poke a nose in to Blue Moon to see what the glory hunters were saying about us. There is a thread called Liverpool FC 2018/19 season. How many pages? How many? Well over a thousand. How?. I didn't bother reading it after two posts. We will never equal other teams obsession with us. It always brings a smile to my face when I hear about other teams crowds singing about us as well - at games against other teams!. I wish I was a bottler. If I could bottle what we have that they all wish they had, I'd be as rich as the Guinness family.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4725 on: February 5, 2019, 01:30:44 pm »
I can only speak for myself here but there is a feeling of trepidation about us at the moment.

I’ve said this before, we’ve lost every final we’ve played since 2012, and it’s quite a few. It is natural to feel stressed that it’s going to happen again and, for me, it does detract from the enjoyment a bit.

Before anyone starts, that’s not to say if I was at the game last night I’d have been pissing and moaning, I wouldn’t, I’d have been behind the team 100%, but honestly, I think it’s hard to enjoy the ride and not worry about whether or not it ends in success when every single campaign since 2012 has ended in failure.

The other thing to bare in mind is that Klopp isn’t going to be here forever. I am in no way suggesting he should be sacked if we don’t win a trophy soon, but I do fear he may eventually move on to pastures new out of his own choosing and I’d rather we win something before that happens. Of course I could be wrong and he could be here for the next 10 years but we do need to strike when the irons hot as you never know when it can all change, as we found out with Rafa.

When you put it like that...

I mean we've been runner-up in everything since then, right? FA Cup, League Cup, League, Europa League, Champions League...

Law of averages and all that. It has to change at some point.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4726 on: February 5, 2019, 01:30:47 pm »
62 points from 25 games is an excellent return.

Here's what the previous 5 league winning teams had accumulated after 25 games:

2018 - Man City 65 points
2017 - Chelsea 60 points
2016 - Leicester 53 points
2015 - Chelsea 59 points
2014 - Man City 54 points

Average = 58 points

So far we're meeting pretty much all of the criteria needed to win the title. Our points average is good, we're scoring heavily, and our defence is statistically the best in the league. I said this in the post game thread last night, anyone claiming that we're bottling this title challenge based on the last 2 results is just embarrassing themselves

You'd have never, ever heard league leaders with 62 points described as 'bottlers' in any of these other seasons. Least of all by their own fans.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4727 on: February 5, 2019, 01:31:16 pm »
I think it’s worth reminding ourselves from time to time that all of this is meant to be fun. Football is entertainment. Are we not entertained by three and a half years of Jurgen in charge, the signing of wonderful footballers, a glorious tilt at the Champions League, and BEING AHEAD in the title race in February against a team which all the ‘experts’ seemed to think was unstoppable a couple of months ago?

Are we all desperate to win it, to end the drought? Of course we are. But can we not treat the dips and setbacks with a sense of equanimity, of calm consideration instead of instant meltdown? As a fanbase surely we need to collectively summon our nerve, suck up the tension we feel, and channel it all into unbridled passion and energy to get behind the team unconditionally until the season is done.

Good post.

The thing I've noticed with football fans nowadays is that people are too concerned about the pot of gold at the end of the season rather than the journey that takes you there. There's part of me that feels like that so I'm assuming others do too.

I've posted on the subject on RAWK a while back. Nothing to do with title races but how we consume football nowadays. I used my personal experience. The 1st 20-25 years of my life, my consumption of football was mainly going to Anfield and watching the Reds. Firstly going with my dad and then progressing to going with my mates. My enjoyment of football wasn't confined to those 90 minutes of the game. It was the whole experience of the day. Getting there, going for a drink before and/or after the game. Basically having a laugh with your dad or mates and punctuating it with 90 minutes of football. There was always a desire for us to win but I can still remember certain days/games fondly when we haven't won.

Due to work and family commitments, and living outside of Merseyside, I don't go the game as much now -  couple of games a season which I enjoy immensely. My consumption of football is mainly through watching us on TV. The biggest difference is that, until a few years ago, my enjoyment of football came down to those 90 minutes. To be fair it was all down to the result we got. Win and I had a sense of relief more than anything. Even during our amazing run in 2013/14 I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I should have. I was too much eaten up by the stresses of it all and the need to see us reach that pot of gold at the end. Speaking to people I know who still go the game they still look back at that season fondly despite not winning the league. That's the difference for me.

That 2013/14 season was hard for me to take. I reckon it took me the whole of the next season to get over it. Ultimately I came to the realisation that I need to enjoy football more again. That winning the league will be amazing but it can't be the be all and end all of what I'm investing a lot of my time in watching Liverpool. I've loved Klopp's time at the club. It's helped me to fall back in love with football. It's been a high point in our recent club's history despite the losses in finals of cup competition's.

I hope as much as anyone we win the league this season. But don't let that desire get in the way of enjoying the journey. Last night and Leicester was shite. But it's just 2 games in a 38 game season. We could have some amazing days between now and May. Let's enjoy them and leave any finger pointing  until May at the very earliest. Honestly, it could even be fun and we might even win the league.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4728 on: February 5, 2019, 01:38:07 pm »
We’ll need to expect every side to play like the last two games. They’re all desperate to stop us, we’ve painted that target on our own back and now have to deal with that. If we can’t, very quickly, then we won’t get to the end of the season in a position where we can win the league.
Glad someone agrees with me that we have a target on our backs and teams are more motivated when they face us than they would be against City.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4729 on: February 5, 2019, 01:42:17 pm »
“I think we should enjoy being in this position, these are the positions you want to play in. It is a lot worse at the bottom end of the league when you are fighting against relegation or playing for nothing in mid-table, so let’s enjoy it and push forward together – ourselves, the fans and the whole club – and embrace it.”

James Milner
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4730 on: February 5, 2019, 01:50:17 pm »
We’ll need to expect every side to play like the last two games. They’re all desperate to stop us, we’ve painted that target on our own back and now have to deal with that. If we can’t, very quickly, then we won’t get to the end of the season in a position where we can win the league.

I agree in part as its always nice to have the top teams in the league to play against as they could treat it like a cup final and as the auld teams use to say the hard work really starts when you are on top as staying there is tougher again. On the other side certain teams will look beyond us and perhaps save their stronger team for the next game where the three points are more attainable in terms of a relegation battle perhaps. We always complain how Utd use to roll over the teams as once the first goal went in they would implode. Right now I think teams actually fancy their chances against a side that is missing 3 or 4 starters as even last night West Ham quality of chances sure were pretty decent considering they had 25% of the ball. Hopefully Jurgen will knock that on the head once he can get a couple of lads back but the school boy defending last night against their set pieces was an eye opener. Virgil did not look himself (think he was ill or carrying a knock) but they need to defend better than that even with a couple of missing players. Anyhoo we need a wee bounce in our step again and if we cant do it against Bournemouth at home who have lossed 9 of their 12 away games & have conceded the 2nd most away goals in the league then ......
« Last Edit: February 5, 2019, 01:53:13 pm by fowlermagic »
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4731 on: February 5, 2019, 01:54:52 pm »
Have to laugh with the commentators talking about City’s relentless pursuit last night. Literally less than a week since they lost at Newcastle. We ended up dropping two points on the weekend games but the whole ‘lead cut to two points’ is so overly dramatic when they play a day or two before is.

We need to beat Bournemouthh obviously. But if we do we’re still in the driving seat. If this is our blip so be it, at least we’re digging in and drawing rather than losing. We need to improve performances sharpish but we shouldn’t overblown this.

Esit - Sorry, missed your post on the same subject Barney!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4732 on: February 5, 2019, 01:57:20 pm »
Have to laugh with the commentators talking about City’s relentless pursuit last night. Literally less than a week since they lost at Newcastle. We ended up dropping two points on the weekend games but the whole ‘lead cut to two points’ is so overly dramatic when they play a day or two before is.

We need to beat Bournemouthh obviously. But if we do we’re still in the driving seat. If this is our blip so be it, at least we’re digging in and drawing rather than losing. We need to improve performances sharpish but we shouldn’t overblown this.

The media build you up to bring you down. Many are too infatuated with what the media the pundits, the twatters, the instagrammers, their non LFC supporting mates are saying and they can't handle it

When we were 7 points ahead, I wasn't getting giddy or thinking it was over, and I am not thinking its over now with 3 points.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4733 on: February 5, 2019, 01:58:57 pm »

Esit - Sorry, missed your post on the same subject Barney!

That Sky presenter said us beating Palace and Brighton illustrated that we were feeling the pressure.

Its no wonder why people hate the media and they try to make us feel sorry for them.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4734 on: February 5, 2019, 02:08:36 pm »
I agree in part as its always nice to have the top teams in the league to play against as they could treat it like a cup final and as the auld teams use to say the hard work really starts when you are on top as staying there is tougher again. On the other side certain teams will look beyond us and perhaps save their stronger team for the next game where the three points are more attainable in terms of a relegation battle perhaps. We always complain how Utd use to roll over the teams as once the first goal went in they would implode. Right now I think teams actually fancy their chances against a side that is missing 3 or 4 starters as even last night West Ham quality of chances sure were pretty decent considering they had 25% of the ball. Hopefully Jurgen will knock that on the head once he can get a couple of lads back but the school boy defending last night against their set pieces was an eye opener. Virgil did not look himself (think he was ill or carrying a knock) but they need to defend better than that even with a couple of missing players. Anyhoo we need a wee bounce in our step again and if we cant do it against Bournemouth at home who have lossed 9 of their 12 away games & have conceded the 2nd most away goals in the league then ......

Very astute post this.

I think this is why Klopp may have played a pretty attacking side last night. I felt watching it that if we could put them away quickly they would give up.

We could really do with spanking Bournemouth so the rest of the league feel as if they have no chance and go into our games accordingly.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4735 on: February 5, 2019, 02:09:04 pm »
When we were 7 points ahead, I wasn't getting giddy or thinking it was over, and I am not thinking its over now with 3 points.

Last Wednesday morning on here I lost my rag a bit with people getting too giddy about the possibility of going 7 points ahead. Some people were talking like the league could be almost ours if we won against Leicester.

Fast forward nearly a week and it's the complete opposite. Getting riled by people who want to look for the negatives and down play the chance we have despite being 3 points ahead.

I think the inexperience of dealing with title run-ins is unnerving parts of our fanbase. Too many can't handle the fact that it's a long game. Nothing will be won or lost in January or early February. It about maintaining position and getting ready for the final straight. If this was the Grand National we've done 1 lap of the course already and we are just about to reach Becher's Brook for the 2nd time. We've seen a number of other riders fall but we are well positioned coming into the final stages. Still loads of hurdles to jump yet though.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4736 on: February 5, 2019, 02:16:12 pm »
Last Wednesday morning on here I lost my rag a bit with people getting too giddy about the possibility of going 7 points ahead. Some people were talking like the league could be almost ours if we won against Leicester.

Fast forward nearly a week and it's the complete opposite. Getting riled by people who want to look for the negatives and down play the chance we have despite being 3 points ahead.

I think the inexperience of dealing with title run-ins is unnerving parts of our fanbase. Too many can't handle the fact that it's a long game. Nothing will be won or lost in January or early February. It about maintaining position and getting ready for the final straight. If this was the Grand National we've done 1 lap of the course already and we are just about to reach Becher's Brook for the 2nd time. We've seen a number of other riders fall but we are well positioned coming into the final stages. Still loads of hurdles to jump yet though.

Nothing in life is handed to you, nothing is easy, and that applies to football. For whatever reason, people thought that we would win the title in December or January, that we would go the season without dropping points and that City wouldn't put up a fight.

United had a 8 point lead over City in April of 2012. They lost the title on the last day of the season due to goal difference [talk about bottling it]

My biggest problem is people saying that we can't handle pressure. Yet we've been doing it countless times. We've done it under Klopp before. People bring up cup finals, which are different than an entire season in the league.

Football is a mixture of skill,determination,fight and luck. Losing to real madrid after two blatant mistakes by the keper and your best player being injured in the first half for instance isn't bottling it.

It's a lazy opinion. It's even lazier to have such an opinion as a Liverpool supporter, I don't begrudge non LFC supporters, but as a Liverpool supporter who has seen this same side play Napoli and win when needed, play in numerous other games when City slipped up and we capitalized on it,etc..

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4737 on: February 5, 2019, 02:20:16 pm »
If this was the Grand National we've done 1 lap of the course already and we are just about to reach Becher's Brook for the 2nd time. We've seen a number of other riders fall but we are well positioned coming into the final stages. Still loads of hurdles to jump yet though.

Thats a very god way of putting it I like that. Just to add, as a punter (fan) before the race started you just want to have your horse still running and be in prime position for the run it.
I heard some idiot say today that Liverpool are over achieving being ahead of City, but if they dont win it its a massive failure. He then went on to say Spurs have the 2nd best squad in the league by a distance, are the 5/6th best team in Europe but are not under achieving the last few years.
You have to wonder sometimes if it really is possible to sit on your brain

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4738 on: February 5, 2019, 02:22:25 pm »
We draw two game = bottlers

City lose a few = blip

You can only but laugh at the agenda from the media.

4 draws are worse than two wins amd two losses.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4739 on: February 5, 2019, 02:26:02 pm »
4 draws are worse than two wins amd two losses.

19 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss is better than 19 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4740 on: February 5, 2019, 02:32:02 pm »
I wish I was a bottler. If I could bottle what we have that they all wish they had, I'd be as rich as the Guinness family.

:D

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4741 on: February 5, 2019, 02:33:30 pm »
19 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss is better than 19 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses
Amen

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4742 on: February 5, 2019, 02:35:52 pm »
Feels a lot like 2008-09 where we lost our steam during late January-early February with a bunch of draws and United gained momentum ahead of us.

Need to beat Bournemouth confidently, go on a 10 day break (no Dubai or Marbella trips please) and get Trent, Lovren, Gini and Hendo back in the squad. Hopefully no more serious injuries to anyone from now till May cause we're threadbare.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4743 on: February 5, 2019, 02:38:48 pm »
Feels a lot like 2008-09 where we lost our steam during late January-early February with a bunch of draws and United gained momentum ahead of us.

Need to beat Bournemouth confidently, go on a 10 day break (no Dubai or Marbella trips please) and get Trent, Lovren, Gini and Hendo back in the squad. Hopefully no more serious injuries to anyone from now till May cause we're threadbare.

Amen.

Gini and Trent being key. No Marbella trips, concentrate on set-piece defending and get VVD over his illness as well.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4744 on: February 5, 2019, 02:41:22 pm »
You have to give one thing to the media. They've convinced the masses that these football players who have played in tense games loads of times, in front of passionate crowds domestically and internationally and who have performed fantastic all season have suddenly become a bunch of wet lettuces afraid to take the ball or afraid incase anyone says boo to them, rather than just played a poor couple of games of football in a season where standards have been amazing.
The remain campaigners should have employed Sky Sports News they'd have worked wonders

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4745 on: February 5, 2019, 02:45:44 pm »

There going to Marbella after Bournemouth Monday to friday.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #4746 on: February 5, 2019, 02:57:01 pm »
You have to give one thing to the media. They've convinced the masses that these football players who have played in tense games loads of times, in front of passionate crowds domestically and internationally and who have performed fantastic all season have suddenly become a bunch of wet lettuces afraid to take the ball or afraid incase anyone says boo to them, rather than just played a poor couple of games of football in a season where standards have been amazing.
The remain campaigners should have employed Sky Sports News they'd have worked wonders
I never played football to any decent level whatsoever - played for my Uni 3rd team mainly - but I can remember having some nerves before games but as soon as you're out there running round like a lunatic and trying to do what you've been instructed to do it's very difficult to have time to feel nervous.

I was crap though.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4747 on: February 5, 2019, 03:03:05 pm »
I never played football to any decent level whatsoever - played for my Uni 3rd team mainly - but I can remember having some nerves before games but as soon as you're out there running round like a lunatic and trying to do what you've been instructed to do it's very difficult to have time to feel nervous.

I was crap though.

So you had a career at Everton yeah?

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #4748 on: February 5, 2019, 03:12:45 pm »

He cant be that bad, surely.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4749 on: February 5, 2019, 03:12:57 pm »
no Dubai or Marbella trips please

No Marbella trips, concentrate on set-piece defending and get VVD over his illness as well.

Not sure why there's such an ill feeling about the players going away for warm weather training.

They aren't going on holiday. As an educated guess I suspect they are doing training and conditioning work to help prepare for the rest of the season. Obvious benefits from getting some warm weather. But also benefits in taking the players away from the bubble of Melwood and Liverpool. Then there's the intangible benefit of team building. Having the players spend time together will, in theory, strengthen bonds between them and help those newer players settle more quickly.

What's the big disadvantage in taking the players away for a few days?

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4750 on: February 5, 2019, 03:14:34 pm »
Not sure why there's such an ill feeling about the players going away for warm weather training.

They aren't going on holiday. As an educated guess I suspect they are doing training and conditioning work to help prepare for the rest of the season. Obvious benefits from getting some warm weather. But also benefits in taking the players away from the bubble of Melwood and Liverpool. Then there's the intangible benefit of team building. Having the players spend time together will, in theory, strengthen bonds between them and help those newer players settle more quickly.

I would imagine it’s because every time we do so we seem to be shite upon our return. This particular trip seems to have culminated in illness and injury as well.

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4751 on: February 5, 2019, 03:14:44 pm »

2 draws in 5 days depending on who you listen to!
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4752 on: February 5, 2019, 03:15:23 pm »

They went away, we drew two games. Therefore it's bad.

It ignores context, like we were no great shakes immediately before going, but people have their agendas.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #4753 on: February 5, 2019, 03:26:58 pm »
2 draws in 5 days depending on who you listen to!

And starters losing 5 kilo's due to a sickness bug. ;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4754 on: February 5, 2019, 03:30:28 pm »

Changing weather can get people sick.

Going from cold, to warm to cold to warm and then cold, can cause some of those weird "illness" we have seen in the squad. I would have no problem if we have a camp in Ireland or Austria, just somewhere where they don't have to change the weather and get ill again.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4755 on: February 5, 2019, 03:30:32 pm »
I would imagine it’s because every time we do so we seem to be shite upon our return. This particular trip seems to have culminated in illness and injury as well.

But that's not the case. We've had a wide range of results and it has nothing to do with Marbella,Dubai,Blackpool or whatever.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4756 on: February 5, 2019, 03:30:57 pm »
There going to Marbella after Bournemouth Monday to friday.

Where did you find this out?

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #4757 on: February 5, 2019, 03:33:53 pm »
Turned the sad sacks of shite down.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #4758 on: February 5, 2019, 03:35:58 pm »
The is one thing missing from our push to win this league..and we can...is a mad intimidating Anfield. Now it's been well discussed the atmosphere but it's clear now the 'fear
' is affecting the support...now I'm not saying that affects players but a lack of raucous support will make a difference.

Anfield should be an intimidating cauldron for coming home games starting Saturday...I fear it will be populated by a majority of people terrified rigid with anxiety like a bunch of wallflowers at a school disco

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4759 on: February 5, 2019, 03:39:50 pm »
The is one thing missing from our push to win this league..and we can...is a mad intimidating Anfield. Now it's been well discussed the atmosphere but it's clear now the 'fear
' is affecting the support...now I'm not saying that affects players but a lack of raucous support will make a difference.

Anfield should be an intimidating cauldron for coming home games starting Saturday...I fear it will be populated by a majority of people terrified rigid with anxiety like a bunch of wallflowers at a school disco

My feeling is this will drop off for a while before coming back again in April if we’re still in a title race at that point.

For me I reached a crescendo last Wednesday prior to the Leicester game and am beginning to chill out a bit now, I’d imagine the same will come from the crowd.