Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 982310 times)

Offline Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Formerly fordy87
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #4480 on: February 4, 2019, 11:21:30 AM »
I'm not sure what all this talk of man city's run-in being easy came from.

Crystal Palace
Tottenham
Burnley
Leicester
Brighton

I know that if we had that type of run-in I'd be concerned. Tottenham will tough enough. But it's the other four that should concern them. They are exactly the type of teams that raise their game against the big teams regardless of their league position or even if they've been relegated.

Crystal Palace, Burnley and Brighton all away and Leicester home, throw in possible CL semi final games. If man city aren't at least 7 or 8 points clear going into their last 5 games they're going to fuck it up.

There's a good chance everyone of those teams will be on the beach by the time those games come around. They're exactly the kind of games you want in a run in.

Offline Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Formerly fordy87
« Reply #4481 on: February 4, 2019, 11:24:32 AM »
Nothings a given. Again, they have lost 4 games. Clearly they can be beat and you dont even need to be amazing to do so.

They've lost 4 in the last ten but went four months undefeated before that. They're quite capable of doing the latter again. They've only just got their best player back fully fit as well.

Point is, we need to keep winning to maintain this 5 point gap to keep the pressure on them and not take it as a given that they'll drop points as well. They could easily win 11/12 of their last 13 in my opinion, we've seen them go on runs like that before.

Online DelTrotter

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4482 on: February 4, 2019, 11:25:46 AM »
Every time City get wanked over on here for a pending huge winning run they fuck up so let's keep these posts coming!

Offline DaveyLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #4483 on: February 4, 2019, 11:51:56 AM »
If they get to the semis of the FA Cup and CL, they could have 9 games in April

I think these sort of things will be really important come the end of the season. It is a fair point that City have a big squad and it is possible they could rotate individual players to avoid them being able to physically tired individually but there is more to football than that now its much more technical. Having a week or 5/6 days between games means you can spend 3 or 4 days working on a game plan, tactics and coaching for the match against that specific team. With games every 3 days this simple isn't possible. Especially if the opposition is having a week before their games and is fully prepared. Will be impossible for City to be able to fully prepare tactically for every match if they have 9 games in a month which leaves the door more open for upsets and surprise results.
Form is temporary, Class is for life... Liverpool FC - All others forever in our shadow

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4484 on: February 4, 2019, 12:11:15 PM »
How about we smash the doom and gloom worth a cracking win. Fucking hope it happens so it gives the more nervous among us the chance to gather their nerves. Up the fucking Reds!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Petadroli

• Believer
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #4485 on: February 4, 2019, 12:30:53 PM »
How about we smash the doom and gloom worth a cracking win. Fucking hope it happens so it gives the more nervous among us the chance to gather their nerves. Up the fucking Reds!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Hammers are certainly shitting it on Twitter haha ;D
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Believer
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
    • Some Film Reviews what I dun
« Reply #4486 on: February 4, 2019, 12:44:55 PM »
We're in a Title Race which usually means the other team out to win it are bloody good.

Just have to concentrate on ourselves and bin-off any thoughts on how good City are.

As Klopp said, we've had high pressure on us to qualify in 4th before and the run to the Champions League final was hardly a cake walk.

Do our jobs, beat West Ham.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #4487 on: February 4, 2019, 12:48:51 PM »
Apologies if this has already been posted.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/feb/04/manchester-city-pep-guardiola-arsenal-overthinking-pressure

There remains a sense that when the pressure is on, Guardiola overthinks the problem. An immediate warning sign is Fernandinho, Ilkay Gündogan, Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva in the same side. They played together in four league games in 2016-17, and won only one. They played together in the scratchy League Cup final win over Arsenal last season and in the Champions League quarter-final first leg defeat by Liverpool. This was the first time they had started together this season and the result was that underwhelming first half.

Yet in the end City won with ease. They did what they’ve been asked to do and overcame the uncertainty. They look no more nervous than Liverpool. And yet it’s hard to avoid the feeling that if they can make that much of a meal of beating Arsenal at home, even if the concerns lasted only half an hour, there will be greater wobbles ahead.
AIXIO SONYO ELON MISAS

Offline disgraced cake

• Believer
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #4488 on: February 4, 2019, 12:53:43 PM »
I try not to look ahead to the next game, but in this instance I look at tonight and Bournemouth before a 10 day break until we play Bayern. Only thing in the world we need to do as far as the next 7 days are concerned is win both of them. If we do that then City are going into that game against Chelsea with a bit of pressure on them. It might feel like wishful thinking, but if they were to draw that match say, and the reds win these next two, we'll be in a hell of a position. Really, we already are. It just depends on how you look at it and what makes you at ease with the situation.
Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4489 on: February 4, 2019, 01:13:31 PM »
We're gonna fuck up can feel it. Leicester game showed pressure was on us and we didn't find a way to win.  :(

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #4490 on: February 4, 2019, 01:15:33 PM »
We're gonna fuck up can feel it. Leicester game showed pressure was on us and we didn't find a way to win.  :(

So what about the other times when City dropped points and the pressure was on us to capitalize? You make it sound like this is the first time we've been under pressure, which with all due respect Samie is completely bollocks.

We may still not win the title, but it's baffling how anyone can suggesting that we crumbled under pressure, where we've been in pressure situations for the entirety of the season.

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4491 on: February 4, 2019, 01:17:53 PM »
Yeah well...pfft.  :wave

Offline kaesarsosei

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4492 on: February 4, 2019, 01:20:14 PM »
I feel like the difference between us and City squad-wise is that they have one player who everyone agrees would be a massive loss for them if unavailable - Fernandinho.

In our case I think we have 5 - Allison, VVD and the front three. I think we are just as weakened if any of those got a long term injury as City would be if they lost Fernandinho. City have already shown they can be without one of their best outfield players for most of the season (KdeB) and do well. Likewise I would suggest the same if Sane, Aguero or Sterling was missing.

Online DelTrotter

• Believer
« Reply #4493 on: February 4, 2019, 01:26:02 PM »

Luckily you are usually wrong  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4494 on: February 4, 2019, 01:27:40 PM »
No idea who you are del boy.  Haven't you got some dodgy material to sell to the kids of Peckham? :D

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #4495 on: February 4, 2019, 01:28:37 PM »
Yeah well...pfft.  :wave

Well that told me mate  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4496 on: February 4, 2019, 01:30:17 PM »
Well that told me mate  :D

;D

I'm just letting out my feelings mate. These day's I don't have the time to argue and basically spend all day/night on RAWK.  :D

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #4497 on: February 4, 2019, 01:42:02 PM »
;D

I'm just letting out my feelings mate. These day's I don't have the time to argue and basically spend all day/night on RAWK.  :D

Save it for the draft tower!  ;)

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #4498 on: February 4, 2019, 02:12:11 PM »
I feel it in my fingers, toes and waters. This week fans could very well have the biggest meltdown seen in history.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4499 on: February 4, 2019, 02:20:15 PM »
I feel it in my fingers, toes and waters. This week fans could very well have the biggest meltdown seen in history.

Why though? Even if we lose both games this week, we'll be at worst 1 point behind with 12 games to go
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4500 on: February 4, 2019, 02:28:01 PM »

Thats right . The weak fans could have a meltdown. 
Damn that Mane's good!

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4501 on: February 4, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »

I think the snow was on the pitch more than the pressure was on us, in terms of things having an influence on the game.
Damn that Mane's good!

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer