Author Topic: Moving to Liverpool  (Read 9101 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
Re: Moving to Liverpool
« Reply #40 on: February 3, 2019, 10:26:23 pm »
It begs the question about what he said.

Where does he live now ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #41 on: February 3, 2019, 10:32:52 pm »
It begs the question about what he said.

Where does he live now ?

I checked his profile before he was jibbed, said he lived in Liverpool.

Most of his quotes were about music, the racist one was off the wall.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #42 on: February 3, 2019, 10:50:01 pm »

I was having a bit of a chat with him on a music thread and he seemed ok. I'd not seen this thread.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #43 on: February 3, 2019, 11:59:36 pm »
I wonder if there was some other factor going on that led him to fall into a very bad place and be so unexpectedly abhorrent in that post.

I had a quick browse through his posting history and he did seem to be a bit upset here.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #44 on: February 4, 2019, 01:54:09 am »

A Micheal Jackson fan then ?

I wonder if there was some other factor going on that led him to fall into a very bad place and be so unexpectedly abhorrent in that post.

I had a quick browse through his posting history and he did seem to be a bit upset here.

Ah. Yep. The lad didn't seem to be in a good place reading through that .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: February 4, 2019, 12:29:41 pm »

Aye , certainly seems to have issues and hope he gets the help he needs .

Having said all that , needs to give his head a serious fuckin wobble. That kind of bile has fuck all to do with any mental health issues .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 4, 2019, 06:12:41 pm »
Aye , certainly seems to have issues and hope he gets the help he needs .

Having said all that , needs to give his head a serious fuckin wobble. That kind of bile has fuck all to do with any mental health issues .

Other than the offensive word he used, which has no place, the rest of what he posted can be down to mental health issues. I've gone off on proper rants saying all kinds of stuff when I was at my lowest. You really can get stuck in a cycle of negative thoughts
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 4, 2019, 06:58:04 pm »
Other than the offensive word he used, which has no place, the rest of what he posted can be down to mental health issues. I've gone off on proper rants saying all kinds of stuff when I was at my lowest. You really can get stuck in a cycle of negative thoughts

Don't disagree mate . Wasn't arsed about his rant in general .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 4, 2019, 07:24:56 pm »
Yep. The racist word he used was not on. The rest? Well I've had more than my share of mental health problems in my lifetime and at certain periods in time I've been pretty much anti everything and anti everyone. It really can get you that way at times. I used to be ultra negative, ultra pessimistic and basically thought life and people were shite. Once that stuff sucks you in it can be very difficult to climb out again.

I also had a real love/hate relationship with our great city too. I just saw too many bad things. Thing is, because I was in such a bleak, negative head space, I couldn't see all the good things and good people here too. Thankfully I'm far more balanced now and my mindset and outlook are much more positive.

The guy in question here seemed a decent fella while I was talking with him in one of the music threads. Only today did I see his post in the depression thread. Hopefully the racist term he used was just an unfortunate one-off and he can get the support he needs to find a better place as far as his mental health is concerned.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #49 on: February 5, 2019, 12:34:14 pm »
^^^
Ive had a love hate relationship with our city too hence me being on the road mainly between 2010 and 2017. I was always looking for an oppurtunity which meant I wouldnt have to return. Had a few foreign girlfriends and tried to getting heavy with a few so I could stay wherever I was. My French friends use to laugh at me because I use to speak fondly of Liverpool but was never here. Use to hate coming home sometimes usually in the Autumn . Being honest I dont really give a fuck where I am these days but deffo need to get away for a week or so every three months or so.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 6, 2019, 06:39:42 pm »
Just out of interest, I've recently moved into the Toxteth area of Liverpool, not far from Sefton Park and Lark Lane.  Today my mate who has lived in the area for years introduced me to the Florrie, and I'm absolutely made up.

Where I was there wasn't a lot going on in terms of community, being right on the edge of the city centre, and I don't think it has helped my recovery from mental health issues at all.  But with the art groups, drama and yoga on offer at the Florrie I'm really positive I can build a proper social network in this area - if I can get over my social angst at least. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #51 on: February 6, 2019, 10:33:00 pm »
Just out of interest, I've recently moved into the Toxteth area of Liverpool, not far from Sefton Park and Lark Lane.  Today my mate who has lived in the area for years introduced me to the Florrie, and I'm absolutely made up.

Where I was there wasn't a lot going on in terms of community, being right on the edge of the city centre, and I don't think it has helped my recovery from mental health issues at all.  But with the art groups, drama and yoga on offer at the Florrie I'm really positive I can build a proper social network in this area - if I can get over my social angst at least. ;D

The Florrie is legendary and people have fought to keep it open. On Lark Lane every month they have the Flea Market inside the old Bizzy Station. Last Sunday of each month If I remember correctly. In the same building they have the Healing Days too four times a year. The next one will be Mid March and the nearest Saturday to the Spring Equinox . The prices are cheap . £7.50 unwaged and £ 10.00 waged for any kind of massage or treatment. Been a few years since I've been involved with it but it's a nice day out for everyone. 

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #52 on: February 6, 2019, 10:41:10 pm »

Is that the old Florence Institute in Dingle? My dad used to take boxing classes there in the 1930s.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 8, 2019, 09:50:37 pm »
Is that the old Florence Institute in Dingle? My dad used to take boxing classes there in the 1930s.

Yep.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 9, 2019, 02:29:57 pm »
The Florrie is legendary and people have fought to keep it open. On Lark Lane every month they have the Flea Market inside the old Bizzy Station. Last Sunday of each month If I remember correctly. In the same building they have the Healing Days too four times a year. The next one will be Mid March and the nearest Saturday to the Spring Equinox . The prices are cheap . £7.50 unwaged and £ 10.00 waged for any kind of massage or treatment. Been a few years since I've been involved with it but it's a nice day out for everyone.

Yeah. I'd love to try and sell some of my art there.  :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 9, 2019, 04:36:53 pm »

Amazing to hear. I lived in Beresford Road for 20 odd years and obviously used to mess around the area. Good to see the Florrie alive as when I was a kid it was obviously empty with smashed windows which was a shame. My cousin is always in there :)

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #56 on: February 9, 2019, 06:10:22 pm »
I remember being on the 80 Bus going up Upper Parly back from town, the day it kicked off in 81.
We all loved it.
Although we were too young to appreciate, the chance to protest meant alot.
Also most of us hated Hatton & Militant.
The 2nd time I did something similar was the over Poll Tax.
No one protests anymore - Labour/Momentun are a joke.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 9, 2019, 09:04:52 pm »
^^^
Ive had a love hate relationship with our city too hence me being on the road mainly between 2010 and 2017. I was always looking for an oppurtunity which meant I wouldnt have to return. Had a few foreign girlfriends and tried to getting heavy with a few so I could stay wherever I was. My French friends use to laugh at me because I use to speak fondly of Liverpool but was never here. Use to hate coming home sometimes usually in the Autumn . Being honest I dont really give a fuck where I am these days but deffo need to get away for a week or so every three months or so.

I'm of a similar vein.  I sometimes wonder if it's just the grass being greener but I really would like to move on from here.  I don't think I will find what I'm looking for in Liverpool, with my mental health problems restricting me in what I can do.  Then again, I've had no luck getting a gf, foreign or otherwise. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2019, 07:00:21 pm »
I'm of a similar vein.  I sometimes wonder if it's just the grass being greener but I really would like to move on from here.  I don't think I will find what I'm looking for in Liverpool, with my mental health problems restricting me in what I can do.  Then again, I've had no luck getting a gf, foreign or otherwise. ;D
I'm very similar. It's not necessarily a Liverpool issue for me though. Liverpool has a lot to offer. I'll always be eternally grateful that I grew up here at the same time LFC ruled at home and abroad too. In the UK there aren't many places I'd rather live. The Lakes and Snowdonia are places I'd enjoy, and as far as cities go, I enjoy Bristol.

It's a UK thing for me really. I've never really felt at home here. For me, the grass has actually been greener elsewhere. We eventually hope to move over to Menorca. My mental health is always far better in places with sunnier, warmer climes with more relaxed lifestyles and general mentality.

What I truly look for in life is not here, but while I am still here I think Liverpool does have things to offer, some truly outstanding human beings and as far as this country is concerned, is a pretty good city to live in.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2019, 01:59:38 am »

I feel my mental health was better when on the road . Saying that though I've been on a beach in Goa or somewhere with my head fucked thinking about my past . And saying something else too Ive been at my happiest skint in Liverpool when getting stuck in my yoga , chanting and meditation.

Wherever you go . There you are !

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2019, 02:10:40 am »
What I always find mad is this. I was more or less settling in Aude , Languedoc in France and making good friendships with local alternative people or hippies if you want to call them that. Some of them I knew from the Canary Islands . I thought I was about to finally crack it and make the leap only to come home for two weeks only to bump into my old / ex who I'd not seen for six years. We made a baby. I wouldn't swap being Fleur's Daddy in a million years but consciously I can't think of any other reason for being in Liverpool. There maybe thousands and Iam sure there are but I do miss my French life I use to have.

Go'ed life ya big sexy twat !

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2019, 06:29:17 pm »
I feel my mental health was better when on the road . Saying that though I've been on a beach in Goa or somewhere with my head fucked thinking about my past . And saying something else too Ive been at my happiest skint in Liverpool when getting stuck in my yoga , chanting and meditation.

Wherever you go . There you are !

I totally agree with that.

You can always leave a place to get away from external things there, but you can never leave in order to escape yourself.

If the issue is internal, you simply pack it and take it with you.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2019, 08:35:37 pm »
 I know a fair number of people - Londoners mostly - who came to Liverpool seeking a new life; any number of them had several cities in mind but they always came here first and stuck.  They love the place.  They say the people are like nothing else, especially in London.  And there's always something happening. 

I'm proud to have my roots here, to come from a city that is always punching above its weight.  However I do believe there's more to offer someone like me elsewhere, and unfortunately scousers just don't seem to get a lot of recognition in their own country.

Also, I'm not a fan of hot weather but I do much prefer the longer daylight hours and milder climate of a southern European winter.  I have a touch of SAD, so the longer winter nights in the UK can often hit me quite hard.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2019, 03:02:15 am »
Yeah. I'd love to try and sell some of my art there.  :)

The next is the 16th of March.

http://www.larklanecomcentre.org.uk/events/healing-days/

http://www.larklanecomcentre.org.uk/contact-us/

It's a nice community vibe mate and I reckon you'd love it.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi