538 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 739

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 849213 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Brexit-i-a-poos! 10 Predications
« Reply #33200 on: December 15, 2019, 04:22:33 PM »
I heard he had become closer to Starmer but today he was in pure bunker mode. Burgeon, Long-Bailey, Butler and Raynor his choices.

Fuck off.
dawn butler as leader :lmao just say you want someone thick who the unions and Milne and co can control easily and won’t make their lives difficult

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #33201 on: December 15, 2019, 05:10:13 PM »
Blyth - Lower than average wages, higher than average unemployment, worst cuts to any Police force in 2018, voted for Brexit and will be badly affected by it, 47 migrants out of a population of 300,000 and they voted a TORY MP in :butt :butt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50782411

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #33202 on: December 15, 2019, 05:11:25 PM »
Iím hoping against hope that Johnson at heart isnít as extreme right wing as the ERG cohort that surrounds him.  I guess this will become clear through January.

I donít think he will be as bad as people worry about because if his time as mayor is anything to go by, he doesnít do a lot. The things heís best known for like the Olympics and Bikes were under way before he became mayor and his other ideas like the airport and garden bridge were just stupid and didnít go anywhere (but did waste a fair bit of money). But the most important lesson to learn I from his career is that he will say and do whatever the electorate want to hear, and most of them are not hard right nutters.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33203 on: December 15, 2019, 05:33:08 PM »
I donít think he will be as bad as people worry about because if his time as mayor is anything to go by, he doesnít do a lot. The things heís best known for like the Olympics and Bikes were under way before he became mayor and his other ideas like the airport and garden bridge were just stupid and didnít go anywhere (but did waste a fair bit of money). But the most important lesson to learn I from his career is that he will say and do whatever the electorate want to hear, and most of them are not hard right nutters.
Well the EU are going to have to help him sell a soft brexit as a breakway deal victory.
No extension of 2yrs just a implementation period of 2yrs.
Tried to PM you to say thanks for last nights post,  :) no pms which is fine.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 05:37:07 PM by oldfordie »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #33204 on: December 15, 2019, 05:47:37 PM »

Its not him I worry about, its vile bastards like Gove, Mogg and Patel who are the danger.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #33205 on: December 15, 2019, 06:13:11 PM »
Well the EU are going to have to help him sell a soft brexit as a breakway deal victory.
No extension of 2yrs just a implementation period of 2yrs.
Tried to PM you to say thanks for last nights post,  :) no pms which is fine.

I should have caveated my post to begin with ĎOther then Brexit....í, I kind of assumed it was taken as given on Brexit and it will be done on 31/01/20 (thankfully I will be on holiday then!), but as heís not so dependent on the ERG he might be able to soften things slightly with the EU. But on the flip side, obviously now he cant blame Parliament for frustrating the will of the people and all that so will have to plow on with no excuses when it come to Brexit.

And no worries, I actually forgot I had turned messages off (was after someone sent a message with some strong language- not aimed at me- but the messages used to be forwarded to my email, which was my work one so just stopped them)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #33206 on: December 15, 2019, 06:45:44 PM »
I heard he had become closer to Starmer but today he was in pure bunker mode. Burgeon, Long-Bailey, Butler and Raynor his choices.

Fuck off.
does he need to check with you before he expresses his own opinion
The National Pensioners Convention (NPC) is the principal organisation representing pensioners in the United Kingdom. It is made up of around 1,000 bodies representing 1.5 million members, organised into federal regional units.
The NPC was founded by former Transport and General Workers' Union trade union leader, Jack Jones in 1979