Author Topic: CyberPunk 2077  (Read 48112 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: CyberPunk 2077
« Reply #480 on: December 20, 2020, 04:52:21 pm »
Depends on the game I feel.  I think that more often than not it's simply implemented badly.  The parkour in Dying Light on the other hand is an absolute blast and I very rarely feel like I'm not going to land where I intended, rather than what you are describing above.

It's as much my fault as anything, clearly. I am the only common denominator after all!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: December 20, 2020, 05:34:41 pm »
I'll just wait for the next gen upgrade before I play it again, the bugs and glitches even on a Series X are unacceptable for a game that's been in development for 7 or 8 years.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #482 on: December 20, 2020, 07:53:11 pm »
What a fucking shitshow.

Perfect end to 2020.

A fucking semi finished game that is not the RPG it promised to be. Been reading all about its development etc, oh dear oh dear.

Played a few hours but my hearts not in it. Will wait a month or two till they patch it and polish it. It will never be great I fear.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #483 on: December 21, 2020, 12:51:50 am »
I've put about 10-12 hours into it now. I just don't get what's going on really. Scores of people who I've never met call me every two minutes offering work. Sometimes more than one at once. I've no idea how to craft, which guns are good, what upgrades I should get (should I even bother) etc.

I want to love it, but I just don't. I might get the Witcher 3 DLC to tide me over a few more patches then start again, or I might power through the main quest line then when the next gen version is out I'll have a full runthrough.

I found it a bit overwhelming for a while until I kind of worked out what was going on. Somehow. Not really even sure how to be honest.

The fixers all calling you the instant you go through their 'area' was pretty annoying but thankfully only happens once.

As for guns, just try whatever until you find one that you enjoy using. They all tell you what their DPS are so just use the best version of the type you like.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #484 on: December 21, 2020, 04:46:20 am »
The one thing I would say is, probably don't use sniper rifle as I have. 

I don't really understand the point of them in this game because there are not so many open spaces to pick people off from distance plus you go out of stealth the moment you shoot someone.

There are a lot of perks which improve your damage in stealth, but if you go out of stealth the moment you shoot someone, it's pretty hard to justify investing in them when there are so many other enemies to deal with.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #485 on: December 21, 2020, 07:00:20 am »
The one thing I would say is, probably don't use sniper rifle as I have. 

I don't really understand the point of them in this game because there are not so many open spaces to pick people off from distance plus you go out of stealth the moment you shoot someone.

There are a lot of perks which improve your damage in stealth, but if you go out of stealth the moment you shoot someone, it's pretty hard to justify investing in them when there are so many other enemies to deal with.

Tech sniper rifle is ridiculous with a silencer. Vision which sees through walls plus perks which let you shoot through walls/ceilings and stealth perks to increase damage for using silencer.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #486 on: December 21, 2020, 10:45:48 am »
yeah hide in the corner of a building, use the ping hack and then shoot the enemies through the walls/ceiling using a tech sniper. it's almost unfair.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #487 on: December 21, 2020, 03:38:40 pm »
Crafting seems very pointless except maybe for upgrading weapons you like and want to keep using. And yeah, the people calling is very annoying. Especially, when you do the Delamain quest right at the beginning and visit every part of the city in quick succession.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #488 on: December 21, 2020, 03:47:34 pm »
Crafting seems very pointless except maybe for upgrading weapons you like and want to keep using. And yeah, the people calling is very annoying. Especially, when you do the Delamain quest right at the beginning and visit every part of the city in quick succession.

Try getting a call right in the middle of dialogue with another person, happened so many times i've lost count. You're then having 3 different conversations.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #489 on: December 21, 2020, 03:59:10 pm »
Try getting a call right in the middle of dialogue with another person, happened so many times i've lost count. You're then having 3 different conversations.

only happened to me once thankfully but yeah it's annoying.

an option to reject phone calls would go a long way. maybe it would delay them for 5/10 in-game minutes or something if it's connected with a storyline or just send you a message if not.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: December 21, 2020, 04:06:58 pm »
Yeah, thankfully I haven't had that happen to me. The only thing I had once that in one of those dialogue scenes with two people both were talking over each other.
The thing with the fixers pisses me off most. At the start of the story, they make a big deal about having that fat guy as a fixer and how important they are, but soon afterwards random twats just call you and give out missions as if they were candy. They should have at least made you visit each fixer once so they get to know you before you do the first mission for them. That would have made exploring the city a better experience in my view.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #491 on: December 21, 2020, 04:11:22 pm »
the initial call when you first go to an area should possibly have been a message instead, something like "this is my patch, come see me if you want work" and their map markers appear after you've gone to see them.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #492 on: December 22, 2020, 10:02:05 am »
Have they done undocumented changes in 1.05 or is it just random chance? In my first couple of playthroughs  (so whatever release version was) the ads in eg V's garage were always the same but latest run and they've changed. Ads on display did seem to change towards end game, and obviously vary by area anyway, but definitely seeing a lot of ads I've never seen before on this current run. More for beer, food, and car loans than some of the more overtly sexual ones. Same thing with the loot table, I've cleared out the food factory maybe five times previously (to see which options triggered) and always come out looking like a clown with the looted gear. This time it's been wearable leathers and even some trenchcoats and stuff like hotpants. Weapon loot has remained the same though.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #493 on: December 22, 2020, 10:25:11 am »
by nature of them being undocumented I guess it's difficult to tell. but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #494 on: December 22, 2020, 08:36:54 pm »
Seen some complaints about censorship which would fit what I'm seeing. I don't think it's censorship so much as they've kicked the adverts into being more varied. Although sometimes hard to tell whether it's just them swapping one bug for another - I didn't see any AV in the air outside of cut scenes/heavily scripted events on first two playthroughs but they're pretty common in this current one. The tubes in Afterlife are missing their dancers though...

Seems to be that Nomad is the 'canon' start from all the references. Even Corpo beginning forgets and makes mention of events in it. Lot of other stuff only really fits that beginning, or makes better sense with it. Makes me wonder how late in the day they decided on offering the other beginnings.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: December 22, 2020, 09:07:38 pm »
Apparently Street Kid was the canon one and was going to be the only life path at one point.

Personally i’m loving it, but hating that i’ve heard you can do the main story in about 20 hours, so I keep putting off doing story quests.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #496 on: December 22, 2020, 09:14:28 pm »
Apparently Street Kid was the canon one and was going to be the only life path at one point.

Personally i’m loving it, but hating that i’ve heard you can do the main story in about 20 hours, so I keep putting off doing story quests.

knowing how these sort of games work I did the 'main' story mission in an area pretty much only after I'd done everything else in that area. glad I did too.

but you won't stumble into the ending. it's very explicit in letting you know once it's about to begin.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #497 on: December 22, 2020, 10:07:30 pm »

Street one really surprises me with the whole 'welcome to Night City' cut scene. Although neither would it be a surprise if it was and they then switched.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: December 22, 2020, 10:43:07 pm »
What a fucking shitshow.

Perfect end to 2020.

A fucking semi finished game that is not the RPG it promised to be. Been reading all about its development etc, oh dear oh dear.

Played a few hours but my hearts not in it. Will wait a month or two till they patch it and polish it. It will never be great I fear.
Exactly how I feel about it, my heart isn't in it, with a great RPG you just don't want to stop exploring, playing, Skyrim had it, Fallout 3, The Witcher 3, Mass Effect Trilogy, this doesn't, to be fair no matter how good it turned out it was never going to be meeting the expectations, the amount of stellar reviews reminds me of Death Stranding, another painfully average game, but made by another games media darling in Kojima, it's like a modern day witch hunt if you dare criticise the likes of him or CDPR, whereas Activision and EA get massive shit for everything (some of it warranted) despite releasing great games in the past.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #499 on: December 23, 2020, 10:15:53 am »
Massively disagree with you on Death Stranding. I believe some folk just dont get, it has dared to be different, unlike many other games out there.

As for EA, when was the last really great game? Squadrons almost but tailed off the more I played. Cant think of anything in recent memory thats been good by them. Activision are money grabbing bastards in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 10:21:26 am by has gone odd »
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: December 23, 2020, 10:19:17 am »
Massively disagree with you on Death Stranding. I believe some folk just dont get, it has dared to be different, unlike many other games out there.

It was superb. Completely different to the rest of the blockbuster AAA games. I didn't encounter any bugs whatsoever either unlike the likes of CyberPunk etc.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #501 on: December 23, 2020, 10:35:24 am »
Nintendo, are without a shadow of a doubt, the best in the industry when it comes to producing games. They don't rush. They don't bullshit their customers by promising things they can't deliver. They don't release half-baked, broken games full of bugs, riddled with microtransactions and game destroying grindy game design, or have massively inflated game sizes and patches. You can think whatever you want about them. Be critical of other things about them, but as a game developer, no one gets near them. They've been consistent for as long as I can remember.
Back in the day, when I used to work in games development as an independent with Sony, SEGA and Nintendo it was Nintendo that had a real tough stance on QA. For them the brand quality was paramount
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: December 23, 2020, 02:10:52 pm »

As for EA, when was the last really great game? Squadrons almost but tailed off the more I played. Cant think of anything in recent memory thats been good by them. Activision are money grabbing bastards in my opinion.
It was pretentious rubbish, made by anyone other than Kojima it would have been panned.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: December 23, 2020, 02:14:13 pm »
It was pretentious rubbish, made by anyone other than Kojima it would have been panned.

Masterpiece. Deal with it  8)

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #505 on: December 24, 2020, 02:55:39 am »
Patch 1.06 has just dropped. 16.845 GB on the PS pro.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 04:49:30 am by kopite321 »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #506 on: December 24, 2020, 10:38:40 am »
The strange 8mb thing is gone as a result of the patch too. Even if it did only seem to affect 3 people it still shouldn't really have existed.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: December 24, 2020, 02:28:56 pm »
Patch 1.06 has just dropped. 16.845 GB on the PS pro.

First day of vacation woooooooo let’s play some cyber...

Fuck.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: December 24, 2020, 03:25:16 pm »
Love how people are bigging up Nintendo yet ignoring the countless, reported bullying they’ve done.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: December 24, 2020, 08:56:58 pm »
Have finished the main storyline and still like the story aspect of the game. I also like the side-quests and that's clearly one of the big strengths CDPR have. They know how to tell stories whether it's the big ones or just smaller ones. That said, I can see why people might feel disappointed with the game on the whole (even not taking into account the various bugs and issues with stability). The game simply is nothing special in terms of what it does in the open world (not that I think The Witcher 3 was much better in that respect, but there will probably be a lot of people who disagree with that).

The core of the game for me is still the same as in W3. You have a main quest to follow and you have loads and loads of side-quests. The only difference is the way you get those side-quests. In W3 you have to go to a place and actually pick up the quest (although you can do it in bulk picking up every quest on a message board). In C2077 you just drive around, get phone calls or texts and you quest-logs just keeps filling up. As I've already said that's not really my cup of tea. I like my open world games to basically guide me through the world. I hate that "Do whatever you want approach". The sad thing is, that it would really have been a good option to have you go from place to place and doing jobs for one fixer after the other to climb up the ladder. They could even have connected the main quest with those fixer side-quests to give you even more of a feeling that you're progressing. The way it is, the game feels to me like they just created a huge city and then splattered (main/side)-quests all over it and then filled up the empty space with crimes or gang-related stuff. As I've also already said, they make a big deal in the beginning of the story about how you're now working with Dex who's this legendary fixer and he doesn't work with just everyone who asks nicely. Once you finish the prologue or whatever that is, that whole concept is just thrown overboard and every fixer in the city just calls you willy-nilly to give you one mission after the other. That just feels wrong.

I'll probably wait a bit before I start my next playthrough, but I will definitely play it again with a different background story for V (even if that doesn't really make a difference), because I simply reached a point in this playthrough where I couldn't be arsed doing all the side-stuff anymore. I wanted to know how it all ends and just decided to not do the other stuff (like the Rogue storyline).

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #510 on: December 24, 2020, 10:14:18 pm »
So far as I can see from mine, the only value of doing a full second run through right now is to pick up on all the bits you missed first time round (and, rarely, locked yourself out of by choosing another option).

It is a really strange game. It'd play a whole lot better with a decent balancing pass, at least for harder levels, going across everything from combat, through items, and into crafting.

Thing I can't quite resolve in my own head is that the city does feel empty yet zipping from site to site listening to the ingame radio is actually quite nice - in a way that tromping around the countryside on Roach wasn't. Although I suppose it's more how disconnected V is from events, partly as there few consequences to her actions and partly because there's only really one character arc which develops due to the fuzzy sense of time the game is forced into keeping.

Loot table seems to have been kicked a bit.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: December 26, 2020, 12:53:30 am »
It is a really strange game. It'd play a whole lot better with a decent balancing pass, at least for harder levels, going across everything from combat, through items, and into crafting.

I think Yahtzee is spot on. It just feels that there's so much stuff in the game, that is almost useless. It feels like they made the base game (main story and all the quests) and then just kept adding in stuff just for the sake of it. Stuff like clothes shops or restaurants. I've never been to one of them in my whole playthrough except the bars and stuff you have to visit for missions. Crafting is another thing that feels rather useless. I used it to upgrade one of my weapons so I could keep using it. Other than that? Nothing. Then they decided that looter shooters are the "new thing", so better put about a million pieces of loot with 90 percent of it being useless. Then they realised that people like collecting stuff, so here we go with about 20 or whatever cars you can buy, but don't really need. Some of those mechanics should have been cut and maybe they would have had more ressources to make sure console versions are working better...

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: December 26, 2020, 06:27:42 pm »
Booted it for the first time today on PS5. Had one crash after about an hour or so just as I drove the car for the first time, other than that it was stable, no real graphical glitches aside for the odd texture load in and it seemed to run at a stable frame rate. Visually it looked okay, nothing spectacular and animation looks just okay really - the lip sync is quite jarring (sure it looks much better on better pc hardware) Even compared to something like GTAV it's just not really impressive considering how that game performed on Xbox 360 and PS3 and later Xbox one and PS4. UI looks cluttered around inventory management. I liked the customisation around the character creator.

I haven't really explored the more open world nature of the game but so far it feels pretty generic in gameplay to be honest. I think I'll enjoy it but I can't see it really being a memorable RPG or pushing the genre forward. Even compared to Witcher 3 it just feels less epic from the off.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 06:31:57 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #513 on: December 27, 2020, 04:37:22 am »
Got to say the AI and storytelling in this game is nothing really to write home about, in fact, it's old and stale if you have played Metal Gear Solid from the PS2 onwards or any major PS3 or PS4 release, then this is frankly fucking awful.

If you really want to try and find anything groundbreaking or incredible about this game, I will be honest the is nothing here, as my nan once said. " its all fur coat and no knickers" .. its a con job. 

It still crashes, and the rendering is still bloody awful.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #514 on: December 27, 2020, 09:49:41 pm »
Exactly how I feel about it, my heart isn't in it, with a great RPG you just don't want to stop exploring, playing, Skyrim had it, Fallout 3, The Witcher 3, Mass Effect Trilogy, this doesn't, to be fair no matter how good it turned out it was never going to be meeting the expectations, the amount of stellar reviews reminds me of Death Stranding, another painfully average game, but made by another games media darling in Kojima, it's like a modern day witch hunt if you dare criticise the likes of him or CDPR, whereas Activision and EA get massive shit for everything (some of it warranted) despite releasing great games in the past.

Again I have not played much. Seems it is a game made by committee/dev teams, lets put this feature in, lets put this cool idea in without any final say or vision beyond get it fucking released till we make $££$£££$£  :( sad but it may be playable/good after updates without being special. Such a fucking shame.

plus side. nvidia/amd had no fucking chips/cards available so I was not able to buy my dream PC :)

So something cyberpunky in that I guess.....
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #515 on: December 28, 2020, 02:29:16 pm »
Not played this yet. Waiting on the Series X patch. Any indication on when that could be?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #516 on: December 29, 2020, 03:37:14 am »
Not played this yet. Waiting on the Series X patch. Any indication on when that could be?

Would check back in round February to see whether they've released it by then. Beyond 'next year' and 'free' they've not talked much about the next gen console patches but then they've mainly been talking about patching and free DLC for what they have released.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: December 29, 2020, 03:12:54 pm »
Finished it, no real inclination to play it again to be honest. What killed my motivation was

Spoiler
finishing the racing story line. 3 times I tried to confront Sampson. Get to the point of confronting him and then game won’t let me get out of the car. 3 times I had to redo the race and every time “can’t get out of the fucking car”

Just absolutely killed my motivation. Started the main quest and rushed through to the end. Just wanted to finish it and get it over with.

[close]

Anyway decent enough game far far too many glitches and crashes though

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #518 on: January 7, 2021, 12:32:23 am »
Yeah, there are far more glitches and bugs then have even been picked up on by reviewers. Some of it contributing to criticisms of the game world seeming lifeless. There's so much in there it's not a surprise in some ways for at least some triggers for NPCs initiating dialogue not always working but the amount of fundamental, and very evident, problems with it which ruin gameplay too is inexcusable really.

All that said, digging through trying to piece together the intended design, has made me realise that there's a wonderful, wonderful game buried in there. Johnny's arc is brilliant. It's just hidden beneath bugs and glitches, a false sense of 'time' given to the player which rushes them through the main questlines, and the fact that so much isn't flagged and left to your own exploration instead. And that's bonkers on a map the size they've got when you're not even told there's something to look for (without spoilers for entire questlines).

Should really put it aside for a full run through sometime in March but I can't help just keep poking away for the stuff which is 'hidden'. Not even nice loot and clothing sets, just additional storylines which connect and consequences to V's prior actions. It's leaned so hard into cyberpunk's film noir side that it forgets most people aren't going to spend the bulk of a 100+ hour save wandering round back alleys reading shards and trying to piece together the conclusion of stories they did dozens of hours before.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2021, 12:34:18 am by Zeb »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: January 8, 2021, 08:17:42 am »
Finished it, no real inclination to play it again to be honest. What killed my motivation was

Spoiler
finishing the racing story line. 3 times I tried to confront Sampson. Get to the point of confronting him and then game won’t let me get out of the car. 3 times I had to redo the race and every time “can’t get out of the fucking car”

Just absolutely killed my motivation. Started the main quest and rushed through to the end. Just wanted to finish it and get it over with.

[close]

Anyway decent enough game far far too many glitches and crashes though

Give it another go after it's fully patched,won't be getting it myself until then.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill