539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1471520 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Brexit Pretty much living the Orwellian future in Airstrip One
« Reply #25720 on: September 3, 2019, 07:20:38 pm »
Gone full buffalo bill too, excellent ‘tucking’
"It prorogues Parliament and fucks up the country. I said it prorogues Parliament and fucks up the country!!!"
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #25721 on: September 3, 2019, 07:21:35 pm »
I honestly don't understand how normal people can support or vote for a pompous twat like that...

Lady Hermon's death stare as he gave her a meaningless answer is my default whenever he appears.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25722 on: September 3, 2019, 07:21:44 pm »
Can someone explain what Labour would gain out of not going along with an election now?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #25723 on: September 3, 2019, 07:24:20 pm »
How can he stand there lecturing people about the constitution after what they have attempted to do in silencing Parliament. Defies belief. Clark standing up and putting them right.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25724 on: September 3, 2019, 07:26:23 pm »
Can someone explain what Labour would gain out of not going along with an election now?

They would probably lose? Also the government might find a way to delay it until after Brexit has happened.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25725 on: September 3, 2019, 07:26:52 pm »
Oh, here's Walter...

My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25726 on: September 3, 2019, 07:28:09 pm »

SCOTLAND’s servants are to defy an order by Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson’s government to stop attending EU meetings in Brussels.

Officials will continue travelling to the Belgium capital to feed into discussions on devolved issues such as agriculture, fishing and animal welfare.

The move highlights a breakdown in relations between the Scottish and UK Governments. They have been under considerable strain since the EU referendum in 2016 when Scotland voted to remain in the EU. They deteriorated when ex foreign secretary Jeremy C*nt refused Nicola Sturgeon diplomatic support during a visit to Brussels in June and worsened when Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson became Prime Minister and last week moved to suspend parliament to force through a No Deal.

Last week The National revealed the Scottish Government had not been consulted on the decision taken by Brexit Secretary Stephen Barclay for civil servants to stop attending most meetings in Brussels.

He announced in August that from September British officials would only attend meetings at which the UK has “a significant national interest in the outcome of discussions, such as on security”.

However, last night a Scottish Government spokesman said Scottish civil servants would continue to attend EU meetings in Brussels.

The spokesman said: “Scottish Government officials intend to continue representing Scotland’s position at relevant EU meetings, which is all the more important given the increasing threat of a ‘No Deal’ Brexit and the impact it would have. We are in urgent discussion with the UK Government to ensure its recent decision to reduce attendance at EU meetings does not affect that representation.”

A spokesman for Scottish Brexit Secretary Mike Russell said the decision to withdraw from the meetings was “typical” of the UK Government approach and it was particularly important for Scotland to be represented in Brussels given the current political and diplomatic situation. He said: “It is typical of the of the high-handed, arrogant and cavalier approach of this out of control Tory government that they should take this move. But as we are dragged ever close to a No-deal Brexit, it has never been more important for Scotland’s voice to be heard in Europe, and the Scottish Government will continue to engage as closely as possible with our European friends and neighbours.”

The National was alerted to the row last week with one insider saying Scottish civil servants heard of the decision by the UK Government to stop attending most meetings when they saw it in the press.

“The UK Government didn’t consult or even inform the Scottish Government before making the decision. The first they heard about it was through the media,” one senior figure told us.

Announcing the decision last month Barclay said: “An incredible amount of time and effort goes into EU meetings, with attendance just the tip of the iceberg. Our diligent, world-class officials also spend many hours preparing for them whether in reading the necessary papers or working on briefings.” More articles

He said: “From now on we will only go to the meetings that really matter, reducing attendance by over half and saving hundreds of hours. This will free up time for ministers and their officials to get on with preparing for our departure on 31 October and seizing the opportunities that lie ahead.”

After the decision Fiona Hyslop, the Scottish External Affairs Minister, wrote to Barclay to raise concerns over a lack of consultation, saying: “It is clear beyond any doubt the UK Government should not take a decision on this possible step without proper involvement of the Scottish Government or other devolved administrations.”

Last night a DExEU spokesman said: “The Brexit Secretary spoke to Scottish Government Minister Fiona Hyslop ahead of the formal announcement being made. We’ve been clear we will attend meetings on issues which are significant to the UK’s continued interests.”

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17876163.scottish-civil-servants-defy-boris-johnson-go-eu-meetings/

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25727 on: September 3, 2019, 07:28:14 pm »
Rees-Mogg just makes my skin crawl.

Awful creature.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #25728 on: September 3, 2019, 07:28:51 pm »

It wrecks the planned Tory election campaign because there will be no 'deal' Johnson can pretend to be getting. Damages Johnson by forcing him to extend past 31st October. (Which all helps further split Tories.) More time to see whether gap can be closed further before the election is called. Campaign platform for Corbyn 'I stopped 'no deal' - you can trust me on this'. Lot of potential upside there if they can play it as in the national interest rather than the purely party political.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25729 on: September 3, 2019, 07:30:24 pm »
"It prorogues Parliament and fucks up the country. I said it prorogues Parliament and fucks up the country!!!"

‘It puts the back stop in the basket or else it gets the hose again’
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25730 on: September 3, 2019, 07:31:23 pm »
Gove is also careful to say that there will be ‘enough food that people need’ which of course is entirely different from ‘enough food that people want’
All this is going to look awful in a different light.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #25731 on: September 3, 2019, 07:31:56 pm »
Bercow putting the twat in his place.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25732 on: September 3, 2019, 07:32:16 pm »
Hahaha you tell them Mr Speaker.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25733 on: September 3, 2019, 07:42:54 pm »
When is this prick going to be done? He's unbearable.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25734 on: September 3, 2019, 07:44:20 pm »
Richard Corbett
@RCorbettMEP
 · 4h
The Finnish Presidency of the EU Council of ministers @EUCouncil confirmed in answer to my question in @EPInstitutional that there has been NO NEW PROPOSAL received from the UK government on the Irish #backstop or any other aspect of #Brexit

a sham.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25735 on: September 3, 2019, 07:46:06 pm »
Rees-Mogg just makes my skin crawl.

Awful creature.

You could never tire of repeatedly hitting the c*nt with a shovel.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25736 on: September 3, 2019, 07:46:15 pm »
When is this prick going to be done? He's unbearable.

He will speak for as long as he is able, the speaker needs to kick his ass off the stage.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25737 on: September 3, 2019, 07:48:16 pm »
Benn looks like he wants to fight him. haha

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #25738 on: September 3, 2019, 07:49:24 pm »
Benn looks like he wants to fight him. haha
Wish I'd screenshot the look on Benn's face, with his arms out wide. "C'mon, pussy, let's 'ave it, yer posh TWAT!" would've been the perfect caption ;D

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #25739 on: September 3, 2019, 07:49:51 pm »
Liz Kendall: "Rees-Mogg visibly enraging Tory MPs who I would have thought he should be trying to persuade to back the government. Never seen such cold hard anger."

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #25740 on: September 3, 2019, 07:50:22 pm »
It wrecks the planned Tory election campaign because there will be no 'deal' Johnson can pretend to be getting. Damages Johnson by forcing him to extend past 31st October. (Which all helps further split Tories.) More time to see whether gap can be closed further before the election is called. Campaign platform for Corbyn 'I stopped 'no deal' - you can trust me on this'. Lot of potential upside there if they can play it as in the national interest rather than the purely party political.
Plus the Tories are falling apart before our eyes, no point in interrupting that.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25741 on: September 3, 2019, 07:50:28 pm »
Hang on, the Leader of the House cannot recall exactly when the Prime Minister made him aware of his intentions to prorogue Parliament?!?!?!?! What the actual fuck? You slippery fuckin snake........

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25742 on: September 3, 2019, 07:51:02 pm »
Wish I'd screenshot the look on Benn's face, with his arms out wide. "C'mon, pussy, let's 'ave it, yer posh TWAT!" would've been the perfect caption ;D
haha yeah ;D

I can't blame him. I don't know how they keep their cool having to listen to such drivel.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #25743 on: September 3, 2019, 07:58:58 pm »
Interesting point raised by my old local MP Seema Malhotra on the BBC - the Tories are threatening the grandson of Sir Winston Churchill with deselection, that’s where these lot currently are.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25744 on: September 3, 2019, 08:01:26 pm »
Interesting point raised by my old local MP Seema Malhotra on the BBC - the Tories are threatening the grandson of Sir Winston Churchill with deselection, that’s where these lot currently are.
They probably think they don't need the grandson anymore now they have the reincarnation of the man himself in charge.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #25745 on: September 3, 2019, 08:09:42 pm »
Well fuck me the country's fucked but this is entertaining if nothing else. Maybe that boredom theory for Brexit that was discussed a few pages back has some legs...

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #25746 on: September 3, 2019, 08:19:13 pm »
Glad Ian Blackford’s finished, I can’t stand listening to him.  Such a poor speaker.  He always sounds like he’s reading, even when he isn’t.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #25747 on: September 3, 2019, 08:20:23 pm »
Newsnight's Nicholas Watt: "So Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson loyalists in the Lords helping out the PM. Am told 90 amendments have been tabled to an opposition business motion for tomorrow which is designed to find time to debate the anti no deal bill. Minister in the Lords tells me they are trying to block rebels from ‘unprecedented’ move to guillotine (set a time limit) debates if bill is passed in commons and then comes to the Lords. Supporters of PM in the Lords are hoping to have two votes on each of the 90 amendments. ‘Hopefully this will take up 90 hours’, one tells me."

If you remember Cooper's bill going through, it passed as it did because May, ultimately, decided she'd rather facilitate it than set everything on fire trying to stop it. Johnson, not so much.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25748 on: September 3, 2019, 08:21:19 pm »
Ken Clarke just schooled JRM :D

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25749 on: September 3, 2019, 08:21:57 pm »
Tory or not, I'm quite enjoying Ken Clarke ripping into his fellow Tories right now

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25750 on: September 3, 2019, 08:23:03 pm »
Kenneth Clarke is killing me  ;D

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25751 on: September 3, 2019, 08:25:33 pm »
Who's that weird looking fella sat behind him? Can't tell if he's fuming or not

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25752 on: September 3, 2019, 08:25:47 pm »
Kenneth Clarke is killing me  ;D
He's brilliant today........so dry..........so acerbic.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25753 on: September 3, 2019, 08:27:27 pm »
If the Johnson loses the vote tonight does that mean we can't leave with No Deal? BBC didn't explain that very well.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #25754 on: September 3, 2019, 08:28:15 pm »
Who's that weird looking fella sat behind him? Can't tell if he's fuming or not
The unbearable fop, Desmond Swain.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25755 on: September 3, 2019, 08:28:22 pm »
We’re going back to Pitt the Younger in 1793 to see a PM defeated in their first vote...

Will we see it again tonight?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25756 on: September 3, 2019, 08:28:59 pm »
If the Johnson loses the vote tonight does that mean we can't leave with No Deal? BBC didn't explain that very well.
They could just not grant it royal assent...

Which would cause enormous issues... enormous.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25757 on: September 3, 2019, 08:30:14 pm »
We’re going back to Pitt the Younger in 1793 to see a PM defeated in their first vote...

Will we see it again tonight?
Was he an unelected PM too? If not, then Johnson's setting new precedent there ;)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25758 on: September 3, 2019, 08:30:20 pm »
Mogg getting a quick kip in.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25759 on: September 3, 2019, 08:31:17 pm »
Ken Clarke just schooled JRM :D