Author Topic: What's your bold predictions for the next season?  (Read 156742 times)

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
Re: What's your bold predictions for the next season?
« Reply #760 on: August 31, 2020, 10:42:25 pm »
remember though - we have a very weird set of supporters that seems to be excited when things aren't going well because then they get to jump up and down and say "see!! I told you."

they can't enjoy what we've been building up the last 4 years or where we are now.

Don't include me in that shit. I was trying to tell the fella that I think Chelsea will be better, nothing else. It seems people are turning into Americans with their inability to simply discuss something without hyperbole and fake stunned shock. It's tiresome, not aimed at you personally, just some of of the know-everything-know-nothing dipshit experts on here and elsewhere.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: September 1, 2020, 03:24:43 am »
Don't include me in that shit. I was trying to tell the fella that I think Chelsea will be better, nothing else. It seems people are turning into Americans with their inability to simply discuss something without hyperbole and fake stunned shock. It's tiresome, not aimed at you personally, just some of of the know-everything-know-nothing dipshit experts on here and elsewhere.

Not sure who you were aiming that specifically, but the responses to the prediction that Chelsea will be considerably ahead of us, are different than you just saying that Chelsea will improve. I agree, they will improve, but considerably better than us, bar a major injury crisis, is extremely unlikely.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #762 on: September 1, 2020, 06:09:36 am »

So you don't agree with that post after all.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline King Kennys Pumas

• Main Stander
« Reply #763 on: September 1, 2020, 12:07:26 pm »
Jurgen has tweaked things tactically each year. I think we will have some more variability in our play, judging by the formation changes last Saturday. Keita and/or Taki, Robertson and TAA as creative forces will be very interesting, but in the end the winner will likely be whoever has the most stamina/least injuries.

Hard to say. We’ve been a bit under par since coming back so I hope this doesn’t continue.

I can only see us and City competing. Remember we have Alisson, VVD, TAA, Robertson and Gomez in defence with Fabinho protecting them with two of Henderson, Keita and Gini. Front three pick themselves. That’s a fantastic starting 11 and if our key players remain fit and don’t hit a big loss in form then we’ll be hard to beat.

If we win the league again this year and have a good run in the CL then we’ll probably strengthen next summer.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #764 on: September 1, 2020, 04:47:24 pm »
Some people don’t seem even willing to want to acknowledge how strong we are. It’s like they are blind or mental. Anyone predicting below 2nd is mental.
Why sooo angry at other people's opinions on a forum.   ???
« Last Edit: September 1, 2020, 04:53:22 pm by LiverBirdKop »

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: September 1, 2020, 05:27:03 pm »
I'm not sure its anger, its bewilderment towards some of the unjustified pessimism.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #766 on: September 1, 2020, 07:15:06 pm »
I think that the loss of a packed and motivated Anfield hurts us more than any other team, incrementally. Not happy about it at all. Slightly apprehensive, frankly. 

If we can overcome that then this is one of the greatest teams ever. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #767 on: September 1, 2020, 08:01:26 pm »
I'm not sure its anger, its bewilderment towards some of the unjustified pessimism.
I don't get that either. It's an opinion forum ffs.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #768 on: September 1, 2020, 08:10:11 pm »
I don't get that either. It's an opinion forum ffs.

And TWs opinion is that their opinion is shit.

Why are you so angry at her opinion? It’s an opinion forum ffs
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: September 1, 2020, 08:10:28 pm »
That it is. And other opinions can be questioned and discussed.

@LBK
« Last Edit: September 1, 2020, 08:12:03 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #770 on: September 1, 2020, 08:13:57 pm »
In bottom three after first three games having lost one and drawn 2.

Win all remaining games.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #771 on: September 1, 2020, 08:46:42 pm »

And TWs opinion is that their opinion is shit.

Why are you so angry at her opinion? It’s an opinion forum ffs
I'm not angry but I'm also not gonna call anyone "mental" or blind or ignorant or any other names bc they have a different opinion than mine.

But I will make an exception here bc I think your opinion of my opinion of her opinion of other peoples' opinions is shit as well.  ;D

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #772 on: September 1, 2020, 09:19:57 pm »
It looks like Jurgen failed to turn doubters into believers

Honestly

A few sub par games when we were already in flip flops after pissing the league and some of yous have lost yer bollocks.

We're winning number 20.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #773 on: September 1, 2020, 09:35:45 pm »
I think that the loss of a packed and motivated Anfield hurts us more than any other team, incrementally. Not happy about it at all. Slightly apprehensive, frankly. 

If we can overcome that then this is one of the greatest teams ever. 

I’ve heard that plenty, but given that we dropped points in a single home game, one which we still dominated and should have won, after clinching the title, I’m not sure what basis it has in reality.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #774 on: September 1, 2020, 11:56:21 pm »
Why has the PFA player of the year not been announced yet?
20 and 7

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #775 on: September 1, 2020, 11:58:23 pm »
I’ve heard that plenty, but given that we dropped points in a single home game, one which we still dominated and should have won, after clinching the title, I’m not sure what basis it has in reality.
But it surely must make a difference over a season, even if it's only crucial for a few games and the resultant points - otherwise all the hype about the 12th man over the last 60 years must be tosh. So there must be a difference in crucial points if we lose our 12th man and city lose their 12 men.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #776 on: September 2, 2020, 12:13:19 am »
As it stands I think we’ll clinch it but only just. If City were to sign Koulibaly and / or Messi that would put them favourites. I don’t want to go into the season without a fourth choice CB. All the CBs have played their part over the last three years and we look light at the moment. I’m not a big fan of Fabinho playing there for a run of games but he’s an able deputy for the odd game.

If we lose Gini that would be a massive blow. He’s been a massive player for us and does all the hard work which goes unnoticed to the majority. Signing Thiago would be brilliant but I wouldn’t want it to be at the expense of Gini.

League Cup - All depends on whether we get a kind draw or not but more than likely Klopp will play the kids and a few squad players throughout.
FA Cup - I’d like us to have a real go this year. Obviously depends on league / Europe position as to how seriously we take it but our record in the last few years is not great.
CL - I think Bayern are the only team that could beat us over two legs. Hopefully avoid Atletico / Sevilla at all costs. Thankfully no Napoli this season.

"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #777 on: September 2, 2020, 12:19:33 am »
But it surely must make a difference over a season even if it's only crucial for a few games and the resultant points - otherwise all the hype about the 12th man over the last 60 years must be tosh. So there must be a difference in crucial points if we lose our 12th man and city lose their 12 men.

Or it can be just another potential hurdle which we are actually capable of overcoming, rather than adding to the rapidly growing number of ones we're destined to be stopped by according to RAWK posters in pre-season.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2020, 12:33:04 am by Bjornar »

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #778 on: September 2, 2020, 02:48:37 am »
Or it can be just another potential hurdle which we are actually capable of overcoming, rather than adding to the rapidly growing number of ones we're destined to be stopped by according to RAWK posters in pre-season.
I am not saying that we can’t overcome it and win the league...I was arguing that it must be a disadvantage to us given our home support in the past

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: September 2, 2020, 04:45:41 am »
Feels like signing Thiago would either be amazing and propel us even further as a team, or he ends up injured after two games and we’re reduced to no Gini and Grujic starting every game.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #780 on: September 3, 2020, 12:47:50 pm »
Us to sign both Thiago and Eriksen.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #781 on: September 3, 2020, 01:18:26 pm »
We might win a domestic knock out cup.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: September 3, 2020, 02:18:16 pm »
Naby Keita to score a hatrick.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #783 on: September 7, 2020, 04:04:12 pm »
We'll drop off into the 85-90, or even the 80-85 point range which may still be good enough to retain the title. However, we'll drop far more points than we are used to from the previous two seasons which will lead to a lot of hysterical overreactions in the post-match threads! Admittedly, that last part isn't exactly a 'bold' prediction!

Offline sushared

• Main Stander
« Reply #784 on: September 10, 2020, 07:57:15 pm »
my call

we will either be 1st or 2nd in the league. the variance is because of 2 things. 1. we are one of the few teams which feed on the Anfield(home) atmosphere. City and Chelsea do not even know what is home support. too plastic. it would depend when fans are allowed into the stadium 2. injuries - with Alison in goal we should have been in the semis to say the least in last yr champions league. crucial injuries at critical stages could hamper us.

other observations - as long as Lampard and Ole are there in their respective roles, this yr will also be a 2 horse race. long may this continue. with matches almost all week, all teams are going to get fatigued. not just deep squads, but team members rising upto the occasions will determine the outcome. anything near or close to 90 pts should be the winner. points are going to be dropped and here is where i see an advantage for us. been there, done it with almost the same team should make us have that extra mental strength to carry us till the end.

by the way anyone here has an idea how the season will close in case Covid decides to come back for a 2nd visit.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #785 on: September 10, 2020, 08:09:10 pm »
Man City will win it. Chelsea will be ten points better off. We will be ten points worse off. Utd will be ten points better off too. We shall finish 2nd to 4th.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #786 on: September 11, 2020, 02:33:29 pm »
Winning either one of PL or CL would be good return. I think successfully defending PL looks like the most likely outcome.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #787 on: September 11, 2020, 02:35:16 pm »
Man City will win it. Chelsea will be ten points better off. We will be ten points worse off. Utd will be ten points better off too. We shall finish 2nd to 4th.

This gives me so much confidence for the season ahead ;D

Can you please tell me I’ve got no chance with Scarlett Johansson please
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: September 11, 2020, 06:22:52 pm »
City to fall to pieces as players finally grow tired of the bald frauds ranting and raving.

Brendan Rodgers replaces Ole at OT in January.

Lampard sacked and replaced with Poch in December

Gary Neville sacked by Sky after he is caught with a Thai lady boy in an undercover sting operation by the tabloids

Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #789 on: September 11, 2020, 07:17:06 pm »
This gives me so much confidence for the season ahead ;D

Can you please tell me I’ve got no chance with Scarlett Johansson please

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you have no chance with Scarlett Johansson ;D
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: September 12, 2020, 01:22:13 am »
Whatever happens in the rest of the transfer window, I'm feeling good about the season. Keita, Jones and Minamino all look good, and if Shaq and Origi can stay fit I think they'll surprise people too. We just have to cross our fingers on injuries, particularly where the defence are concerned.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: September 12, 2020, 02:10:14 am »
Final predictions in...

We finish with a lower points total than the two seasons previous.

We’ll be involved in a much tighter title race with City. Everyone else will still be a little bit further back.

We’ll go further in the Champions League than we did last season.

A favourable draw will give us a run at one of the domestic cups.

Curtis Jones will play a lot of football and be very good while doing so.

We’ll lose the Merseyside Derby (I say this every year in fairness) at Goodison and none of them will be there to witness it.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: September 12, 2020, 02:36:26 am »
I'd like a couple more quality additions, Thiago and Daka would be nice, but it is what it is, we're still the best team in England.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: September 27, 2020, 06:01:56 pm »
We're champions again arent we
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #794 on: September 27, 2020, 10:53:47 pm »
No, we're dropping 20 points compared to last season, and Chelsea are going to finish above us.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #795 on: January 28, 2021, 11:05:50 pm »
Here's one I thought about during the March-June break actually...I'll call it for right at the end of the 2020-21 season or the start of the 2021-22 season:

Sadio Mane (currently 84) and Mo Salah (currently 75) to score their 100th Premier League goals in the same game.

Still like the look of this...need Sadio to up his rate a wee bit.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: May 23, 2021, 06:30:11 pm »
Time for a bump? ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #797 on: May 23, 2021, 11:45:01 pm »
League Champs

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: May 23, 2021, 11:47:02 pm »
Well, we will definitely challenge Man City for the title ...

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #799 on: May 24, 2021, 12:22:24 am »
Just been on GOT for a laugh and read an in depth analysis on how we cycled off the PEDs this season to prevent long term consequences and have been reliably told that we'll be back juicing next season and winning all our games again. So approximately 114 points and a quadruple to boot incoming