Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 293186 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #2480 on: September 7, 2021, 01:27:12 pm »
Not his fault but all the injuries and surgery means his mobility and sprinting ability is a shadow of what it used to be. Physically I just don't think he could compete in the Premier League anymore. Surprised a move to the MLS didn't materialise.

If he could then he would've had tons of Clubs lining up to take hi.

He's a great lad.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2482 on: October 1, 2021, 06:05:02 am »
Provided he stays fit, he should be scoring a goal a game down here. Absolutely buzzing to watch him live again hopefully a couple of times. Good luck to him, there'll be plenty of scousers in Perth and Reds fans all over Australia who will be keen to watch him. Just what the A-League needs.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #2484 on: October 1, 2021, 07:59:32 am »
Fucking made up he's signed for Perth, y'know.

Getting to watch him again will be boss.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2485 on: October 1, 2021, 10:08:02 am »
Good luck to Danny, love the lad, honestly one of my favourite players we’ve had

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2486 on: October 1, 2021, 11:39:14 pm »
Yay - so happy Studge has a new club. He was such a class player for us.

Enjoyed watching this for a little reminder of just what a brilliant player he was for us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9dXFNPu4ak

Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2487 on: October 2, 2021, 03:14:29 am »
On the one hand, it's great that he will play in Australia. On the other hand, what a fall from grace. The standard here is mediocre at best and for someone of Sturridge's talent to be playing here only goes to show how far he has fallen physically. It was obvious when he was playing for us when he couldn't sprint or beat a defender anymore but still, this is a bit of a sad move in a way.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2488 on: October 2, 2021, 03:51:09 pm »
Yeah, it's sad. The few times I caught him playing in Turkey he looked like a guy with a different level of talent from his teammates, but one who was also kinda struggling to get about the pitch. I imagine it's going to be even more so in Australia.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2489 on: October 2, 2021, 06:24:06 pm »
On the one hand, it's great that he will play in Australia. On the other hand, what a fall from grace. The standard here is mediocre at best and for someone of Sturridge's talent to be playing here only goes to show how far he has fallen physically. It was obvious when he was playing for us when he couldn't sprint or beat a defender anymore but still, this is a bit of a sad move in a way.

End of the day he's had an excellent career and earnt good money ... so at least this move keeps him playing in a nice part of the world. So i don't think it's sad at all
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2490 on: October 3, 2021, 07:50:46 am »
Yeah, it's sad. The few times I caught him playing in Turkey he looked like a guy with a different level of talent from his teammates, but one who was also kinda struggling to get about the pitch. I imagine it's going to be even more so in Australia.
A-League matches are notorious for being chaotic and high scoring. Del Piero managed to score 24 in 48 at the age of 38-39, its not out of the realms for Studge to do better.

It's only a 1 year deal so I wouldn't count out Studge going back to Europe for another crack if he manages to stay fit and get into form. Ola Toivonen came to Melbourne, banged in 23 in 38, then went back to Malmo and (I think) played Champions League football, so I can certainly see similar happening for Studge.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2491 on: October 3, 2021, 08:37:44 am »
Ola Toivenen!...a name I haven’t heard of for ages. I’m sure we were heavily linked to signing him under the Owl. Never liked him because of that!

Good luck to Sturridge. As long as he can keen himself for and play regularly I’m sure that will make him happy. There’s a lot worse places to be playing!

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2492 on: October 5, 2021, 08:15:34 pm »
Good luck to him, hope it helps him finish his career at a decent level
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2493 on: October 6, 2021, 07:48:26 am »
The only sad side is that Perth don't look as promising on paper as they have been over the last few years. Castro & Ikonomidis leaving is a lot of creativity gone.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #2494 on: October 26, 2021, 05:36:17 am »
I really hope he does well in Perth.

I watched a compilation of some of his goals for us and, man, he was brilliant. Insanely talented, had some beautiful goals even beyond 2013/14. It's such a shame injuries took their toll on his body, because the man was absolute fire for us when fit.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2495 on: October 26, 2021, 06:56:16 am »
Good luck to the lad. Shame about the injuries as he had so much ability.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2496 on: October 26, 2021, 11:11:40 am »
Suarez and Sturridge that season to me is the best 'partnership' in PL history.

62 games between them, 53 goals and 26 assists.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2497 on: November 15, 2021, 02:45:54 pm »
I'd completely missed this news about Sturridge and Perth. Such a shame what's happened to his career since he left us. I think we all guessed that he was physically shot but not to this extent.

With the greatest respect to the A-League it's quite a shock to see him up roots and move all the way over there at the relatively young age of 32. I guess there weren't many offers forthcoming in Europe or the lowe prem/championship. You'd have to think the time out of the past few years plus the drop in level will speed up his retirement. Be surprised if he lasts more than a season.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2498 on: November 15, 2021, 03:03:52 pm »
Suarez and Sturridge that season to me is the best 'partnership' in PL history.

62 games between them, 53 goals and 26 assists.
Always bugs me when people credit that season solely to Suarez, when this guy was spectacular as well. Think I'm right in saying he was second highest scorer in the league.

Plus, Suarez's best form at Liverpool coincided with Daniel arriving, attracting defenders and creating a bit more space for Suarez.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2499 on: November 15, 2021, 07:08:41 pm »
Always bugs me when people credit that season solely to Suarez, when this guy was spectacular as well. Think I'm right in saying he was second highest scorer in the league.

Plus, Suarez's best form at Liverpool coincided with Daniel arriving, attracting defenders and creating a bit more space for Suarez.
It was amazing watching those two on the same pitch. They both raised each other's performance levels. Almost like they were competing to see who could score more.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2500 on: November 15, 2021, 08:08:37 pm »
The Studge was boss, la. Loved watching him play. Could make something out of nothing. When he was on the ball, things happened. But a boss fellah too by all accounts. Humble guy ya know. All the best to him. They'll love him out there
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2501 on: November 15, 2021, 10:17:05 pm »

Sturridge was not only a top class striker but also a joy to watch as a footballer.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2502 on: November 18, 2021, 01:02:42 pm »
The right-footed poke into the roof of the net against Villa always springs to mind when I think of the eclectic finishes he put together during his time with us, don't know how he generated that lift and power to this day.

The lob v West Brom is one of the greatest Premier League goals of all time though, dances away from the oncoming defender, shields it, drives away from the centre of goal still 25 yards+ out, then disguises the lob by generating the height and pace with next to no back lift. Filthy.

Still one of my favourite ever players, had he stayed fit he'd have been rated like an Henry.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2503 on: November 18, 2021, 08:34:11 pm »
The right-footed poke into the roof of the net against Villa always springs to mind when I think of the eclectic finishes he put together during his time with us, don't know how he generated that lift and power to this day.

The lob v West Brom is one of the greatest Premier League goals of all time though, dances away from the oncoming defender, shields it, drives away from the centre of goal still 25 yards+ out, then disguises the lob by generating the height and pace with next to no back lift. Filthy.

Still one of my favourite ever players, had he stayed fit he'd have been rated like an Henry.

Was a left footed finish v Vill wasn’t it? He could have tapped it in with his right far more easily!

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2504 on: November 19, 2021, 09:04:31 am »
What a player. One of my favourite strikers for us, if not my favourite. He would have been a proper proper legend if it wasn't for all the injuries.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2505 on: November 19, 2021, 09:22:10 am »
That 2013 season was amazing. It wasn't a matter of IF him and Suarez would score, but when. Teams were scared shitless and they could score goals and create chances out of nothing. But looking back at his wiggly arms celebration, it would get on my tits if he wasn't one of our own.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2506 on: November 19, 2021, 10:08:54 am »
Was a left footed finish v Vill wasn’t it? He could have tapped it in with his right far more easily!
Yes, sorry, left footed, which is why it seemed so impossible. The angle of it was just wrong for him to get that loft and power into the roof of the net.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2507 on: November 19, 2021, 01:45:17 pm »
^ that goal and the penalty save - bloody hell what a great season that was

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #2508 on: November 19, 2021, 05:48:00 pm »
Hell of a player - injury robbed him of the true greatness afforded to legends.

I remember the goal to equalise v Chelsea in October 2018 - sheer class.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #2509 on: November 20, 2021, 01:19:59 am »
I'm very surprised more people don't mention and rate his goal for us in the Europa League Final.

The sheer audacity of the technically-brilliant execution.
I think even a lot of strikers wouldn't have attempted it, let alone pulled it off.

One of my absolute favourite goals of his for it's uniqueness. Plus it was on the top stage.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2510 on: November 28, 2021, 10:30:56 pm »
"Daniel Sturridge made his return to football recently by joining Australian side Perth Glory.

It has now emerged that he refused to partake in what would have been his second game for the club, for a bizarre reason.

The owner of his A-League club, Tony Sage, said that the 32-year-old “Isn’t used to the 4 hour flights” and so didn’t want to play."
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2511 on: November 29, 2021, 02:33:23 am »
"Daniel Sturridge made his return to football recently by joining Australian side Perth Glory.

It has now emerged that he refused to partake in what would have been his second game for the club, for a bizarre reason.

The owner of his A-League club, Tony Sage, said that the 32-year-old “Isn’t used to the 4 hour flights” and so didn’t want to play."

Always been a character.  Pretty sure soon we will hear that he didn’t realize how far Australia is from England.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2512 on: November 29, 2021, 11:05:12 am »

That's... not great.  But if he does need a little time to adjust to this sort of thing, they should be keeping it in-house.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2513 on: November 29, 2021, 04:09:18 pm »
Always been a character.  Pretty sure soon we will hear that he didn’t realize how far Australia is from England.

Can't blame the lad, he probably thought Austria.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2514 on: November 29, 2021, 04:28:40 pm »
Shouldn't be much of a problem. Perth isn't that far away from other Australian cities.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2515 on: November 30, 2021, 12:36:50 am »
Apparently it’s been cleared up. He was coming off of 2 weeks of quarantine and is still working his way to fitness - apparently wasn’t cleared to play.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2516 on: November 30, 2021, 01:19:23 am »
working his way to fitness just doesn't sell as much as refusing to play.

thats the clickbait level of gutter journalism nowdays.

A certain brad jones is playing for Perth glory as well.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2517 on: November 30, 2021, 08:23:09 am »

Just when I think I’m properly appreciating what we have in Alisson…I read that third line, and despite being a man grown I whimper like a child afraid of a thunderstorm. Nice guy is Brad but my god was he a bad shot stopper.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2518 on: December 2, 2021, 05:00:32 am »

It was nothing to do with gutter journalism.  It was a quote from the club owner.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2519 on: December 3, 2021, 12:36:43 pm »
It was nothing to do with gutter journalism.  It was a quote from the club owner.

It's a bit of both. The owner did say it, but it wasn't to be critical of Sturridge really and more pointing out that he isn't fit yet and felt that after a 4hr flight he was cramping up so the decision was made to not give him any minutes.