Author Topic: Rhian Brewster  (Read 334347 times)

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rhian Brewster
« Reply #2040 on: August 27, 2020, 07:04:35 pm »
If Brewster goes on loan again then I don’t think he will ever have a future at Liverpool. If Klopp believes  Rhian  has a future at Anfield then he would want to develop  the player himself.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2041 on: August 27, 2020, 08:00:03 pm »
Sheffield United would play him as they are short of quality up front.

And we are short of decent back up,this season is going to be a real slog and players will need to be rested at every opportunity,we can only do that if we have players who can do a job.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2042 on: August 27, 2020, 08:01:14 pm »
If Brewster goes on loan again then I don’t think he will ever have a future at Liverpool. If Klopp believes  Rhian  has a future at Anfield then he would want to develop  the player himself.

Not if he feels he needs more game time under his belt to develop. Don't forget he's missed a lot of football during his injury.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2043 on: August 27, 2020, 08:03:11 pm »
And we are short of decent back up,this season is going to be a real slog and players will need to be rested at every opportunity,we can only do that if we have players who can do a job.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Rhian to get a chance I'm just not sure he will. If he doesn't get the time playing here, spending the season with another Premier League team is only going to bring him on further. If we get injuries we have the option of bringing him back. But I'd rather see him playing then just sitting on the bench.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2044 on: August 27, 2020, 08:11:38 pm »
So Brewster needs to improve his all round game and I'm sure a lot of teams that take Brewster on loan will want Brewster focused on scoring goals. Brewster wouldn't get much minutes on the pitch at Liverpool but he would be able to focus on his overall game and learn from the likes of Firmino.

Exactly. The kid is a natural goalscorer and they're at a premium.

If you've got a 15-20 goal striker you're half way to a good season if you're a mid table side or might otherwise struggle. Look at Leicester last season, they were nothing special at all but Vardy's goals carried them to Europe and Vardy is onedimensional.

Sheffield United's top goalscorer last season scored 6 goals and that's in all competitions and helps explain why they fell away. If Wilder stumbles upon a goalscorer on loan then it's not really in his interests to work on this or that with Brewster's game as it is to get him scoring goals as his other strikers can't.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 08:18:22 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #2045 on: August 27, 2020, 08:12:48 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I'd love Rhian to get a chance I'm just not sure he will. If he doesn't get the time playing here, spending the season with another Premier League team is only going to bring him on further. If we get injuries we have the option of bringing him back. But I'd rather see him playing then just sitting on the bench.

Yes, it’s a conundrum; i.e there’s no perfect answer.

Matt Smith on the Press Box feature just now, thinks the most likely outcome might be to keep him in the squad until January, and review the situation then with the possibility of a loan should it be evident he’s in need of more regular game time.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2046 on: August 27, 2020, 08:14:54 pm »
Exactly. The kid is a natural goalscorer and they're at a premium.

If you've got a 20 goal striker you're half way to a good season if you're a mid table side or might otherwise struggle. Look at Leicester last season, they were nothing special at all but Vardy's goals carried them to Europe and Vardy is onedimensional.

But I'm not certain Spider's point backs yours up, more a contradiction. Think he's arguing for Brewster to stay.

If Brewster is a natural goalscorer, and he goes to another team that want him focused on scoring goals, then by definition the areas of his game that need to improve won't.

He doesn't need to focus on scoring goals. He needs to focus on developing in other areas.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2047 on: August 27, 2020, 08:16:05 pm »
I think this year, for most PL teams, squads are going to be bigger than they were in the past. To keep the costs down, many will probably keep a lot of their younger players on the squad instead of keeping around more expensive veterans. So in this respect, I think players like Rhian have a good chance of staying instead of heading out to loan, though it doesn't mean there wouldn't be interest in him from other teams.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2048 on: August 27, 2020, 08:17:08 pm »

I'm being selfish,I would sooner have him around and not need him (we will,far too many games to fit in) than watch him go out and leave us short of a real goal scorer.

I've no doubt that whatever the boss decides to do will be in the clubs & seasons best interest,that is so long as he doesn't send him to Newcastle,Brighton or Crystal Palace,if he does that then I will hunt him down with a rusty teaspoon.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2049 on: August 27, 2020, 08:20:32 pm »

We're going to be competing in four competitions. We may get injuries. Klopp might decide to rest one of our front three due to fixture congestion. And if Rhian comes in and does well, then there's no reason why he can't continue to come back in. Keep him. I have a feeling he's going to make quite an impact this season.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2050 on: August 27, 2020, 08:21:30 pm »
But I'm not certain Spider's point backs yours up, more a contradiction. Think he's arguing for Brewster to stay.

If Brewster is a natural goalscorer, and he goes to another team that want him focused on scoring goals, then by definition the areas of his game that need to improve won't.

He doesn't need to focus on scoring goals. He needs to focus on developing in other areas.

No, I agree, if Klopp wants Brewster to develop other parts of his game, he's best doing that here and develop and learn the way Robertson/Fabinho/Ox etc did when they first signed.

Most managers are only ever potentially a few games from the sack which is always a problem with the loan market if you want your players to do more than get game time. Managers haven't usually got time to develop other clubs players beyond playing to their immediate strengths and let them sink or swim (look at Woodburn at Sheff U, he got about 2 games before he was bombed).

If we had Liverpool B in the EFL with Critch or someone in charge who could focus purely on his development then it might be different.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 08:24:36 pm by Fromola »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2051 on: August 27, 2020, 08:22:18 pm »
Yes, it’s a conundrum; i.e there’s no perfect answer.

Matt Smith on the Press Box feature just now, thinks the most likely outcome might be to keep him in the squad until January, and review the situation then with the possibility of a loan should it be evident he’s in need of more regular game time.

That's a good idea, to keep him for now and then review in January. The front three are usually reliable with their fitness though of course that could change.

I'm being selfish,I would sooner have him around and not need him (we will,far too many games to fit in) than watch him go out and leave us short of a real goal scorer.

I've no doubt that whatever the boss decides to do will be in the clubs & seasons best interest,that is so long as he doesn't send him to Newcastle,Brighton or Crystal Palace,if he does that then I will hunt him down with a rusty teaspoon.

I guess a lot depends on whether the manager decides to play a younger team in the League/FA Cup competitions he will doubtless get an opportunity then. I agree whatever the manager decides will be in his best interest.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2052 on: August 27, 2020, 08:39:42 pm »
Not if he feels he needs more game time under his belt to develop. Don't forget he's missed a lot of football during his injury.
We already have quite a thin squad as it is, we need a striker. With the compressed fixture list next season we will need more players and we can’t expect the front 3 to play every game. It Brewster is not going to get a chance then  we need to sign someone as Origi is not of a high enough standard. I would expect the sports washers to push us more this season so we need better back up for front 3. Also some creativity in midfield but that’s another matter.,

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2053 on: August 27, 2020, 08:42:23 pm »
We already have quite a thin squad as it is, we need a striker. With the compressed fixture list next season we will need more players and we can’t expect the front 3 to play every game. It Brewster is not going to get a chance then  we need to sign someone as Origi is not of a high enough standard. I would expect the sports washers to push us more this season so we need better back up for front 3. Also some creativity in midfield but that’s another matter.,

If Origi isn't a high enough standard then lets be honest Brewster probably isn't either - he simply isn't ready.

I don't disagree that we need to sign another up there, however I don't think that means we should stop what we believe is best for Brewster's development.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2054 on: August 27, 2020, 08:55:33 pm »
If Origi isn't a high enough standard then lets be honest Brewster probably isn't either - he simply isn't ready.

I don't disagree that we need to sign another up there, however I don't think that means we should stop what we believe is best for Brewster's development.

By all accounts Brewster is a better finisher than Origi , however it’s just as likely Brewster could be another Nemeth. If he’s not given a chance then no one will know for sure.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2055 on: August 27, 2020, 08:57:33 pm »

By all accounts Brewster is a better finisher than Origi , however it’s just as likely Brewster could be another Nemeth. If he’s not given a chance then no one will know for sure.

His finishing is great, but in our team there is a whole lot more that every player needs to be able to do. That's exactly what Klopp was saying the other day.

Klopp and co are obviously best placed to decide if he'd pick that up from playing in the PL regularly (which I imagine will be the aim of any loan) or from training with the team and sporadic minutes. Whichever they decide I'll back as they're the guys in the know.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2056 on: August 27, 2020, 09:15:51 pm »
His finishing is great, but in our team there is a whole lot more that every player needs to be able to do. That's exactly what Klopp was saying the other day.

Klopp and co are obviously best placed to decide if he'd pick that up from playing in the PL regularly (which I imagine will be the aim of any loan) or from training with the team and sporadic minutes. Whichever they decide I'll back as they're the guys in the know.
Absolutely back what Klopp does, who could argue with that after the last few years. If we’re not going to sign anyone , which is not looking likely unless we sell as per usual,  I would just like to see Brewster given a chance.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2057 on: August 28, 2020, 06:57:12 am »
Neil Atkinson made the point yesterday that his statistical profile is equivalent to Olly Watkins at Brentford, who is talked about as a bargain at the prices being discussed re Villa. He argues that therefore we already have a very saleable asset on our hands.

There are a few ways it could go really eh?

Edit: seems to be an article in The Athletic on the subject today.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 08:32:35 am by royhendo »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: August 28, 2020, 09:21:55 am »
After reading that Athletic article I really hope we keep hold of him and continue to work to adapt his game. Let's face it, he isn't going to let us down we he is a goal scorer and working with the front three every day can only develop him further. I don't think we have anything to lose with keeping him with the squad now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2059 on: August 28, 2020, 09:31:12 am »
Neil Atkinson made the point yesterday that his statistical profile is equivalent to Olly Watkins at Brentford, who is talked about as a bargain at the prices being discussed re Villa. He argues that therefore we already have a very saleable asset on our hands.

Starting to hope more and more that we keep him, or that the intention is that should he do well as we expect, this is the final loan move before complete integration to the first team squad.

Interesting that Watkins is the comparison, I see similarities indeed but think Brewster is the more 'natural talent.'
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2060 on: August 28, 2020, 10:04:39 am »

About the price of a Sarr, if that, for a player who could be England's striker for years.

Ultimately what were our options last season off the bench for the front three. Origi (who didn't score a single goal off the bench last season) or throw Ox out wide.

Move Brewster out and we probably need two forwards. A wide player (someone like Sarr) and a goal threat.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2061 on: August 28, 2020, 10:12:29 am »
Starting to hope more and more that we keep him, or that the intention is that should he do well as we expect, this is the final loan move before complete integration to the first team squad.

Interesting that Watkins is the comparison, I see similarities indeed but think Brewster is the more 'natural talent.'

The object of it was to demonstrate his market value really (it was the Guttter show)... so it went something like "Watkins played for Brentford in a side dominating teams in that league... he got X numbers for shots on target, shot conversion, touches in box and so forth... Villa offering £20m odd for him is being talked of as a 'bargain'... he's 24...

...Brewster matched his per 90 numbers playing for a struggling side and arguably propelled them into the playoff positions as a result, he's 20 (and has had 2 years of rehab rather than miles on the clock)... so surely he's worth at least £30m.

Overall I think Neil Atkinson wanted him to be kept around but could otherwise see how his value is growing as an asset.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2062 on: August 28, 2020, 10:23:19 am »
I think there are often so many different things that go into what one club offer for a player that it’s very hard to look at that figure and place a comparable value on another player.

Is kind of like the old “the car guide says my car is worth £5k” line you tell all the buyers only offering £3k.

I think what is apparent though is he is certainly improving and showing what we saw him do as a kid now doing against adults, which in turn will almost certainly be leading to an appreciation in his value.

I’m really torn as to what is best for his future development and for us as a club. He missed so much football with his injuries and do wonder if a season playing at a top level somewhere would do wonders for him and then whatever weaknesses Klopp see’s can be worked on when he is back here for the 21/22 season as a better player ready to step into the side. Or if he’d be best staying and working on those things now but then maybe not being ready to get all that many minutes on the pitch and that ultimately harming his development.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2063 on: August 28, 2020, 10:47:24 am »
Palace just paid £19.5m for Eze who scored 14 in 46 for QPR and only 20 in 104 in total.

If we were in for Rhian now people would be creaming themselves silly and the price would easily be  £30m+

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2064 on: August 28, 2020, 12:35:34 pm »
From Klopp...

Is he part of your first team plans?

In the moment he is. We will have to see what happens over the next few weeks. He looks promising but we have to decide both what is good for us now and good for his development.

Important for his position as a 9 that experience is important and have to decide if we can give it here or if he needs to go elsewhere to get it.

Decision has not been made yet.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2065 on: August 28, 2020, 01:05:32 pm »
Here’s the TAW comparison with Watkins.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2066 on: August 28, 2020, 01:36:21 pm »
Thanks for posting Royhendo was looking for that
Puts where he is in his development in perspective
A loan this year would probably be best

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2067 on: August 28, 2020, 01:40:56 pm »
The lad needs game time and it has to be in the PL. Right now he might be good enough to start for a bottom half team and may have the potential to really blossom but he is not going to develop sitting in the stands which is where he will be most of the time or getting 3 or 4 runs in cup games if he stays with us this season. Just looking at the bench last season even when we expanded to 9 subs he probably would be omitted. Unless he comes on in the next few games and rips the opposition a new ahole he should be loaned out. Can always review it in January and bring him back if we need him.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2068 on: August 28, 2020, 03:14:25 pm »
Palace just paid £19.5m for Eze who scored 14 in 46 for QPR and only 20 in 104 in total.

If we were in for Rhian now people would be creaming themselves silly and the price would easily be  £30m+

Sheff Utd fans seem to think they are trying to buy him now for £15 mill, cos one of their local journos has said so. 

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2069 on: August 28, 2020, 03:21:25 pm »
I think, whatever happens, we can safely rule out a sale. Unless they want to go bonkers and give us 50 million or something.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2070 on: August 28, 2020, 03:27:11 pm »
Sheff Utd fans seem to think they are trying to buy him now for £15 mill, cos one of their local journos has said so.
If we were to sell him, I hope we put a huge sell on clause in the  contract.l

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2071 on: August 28, 2020, 03:35:38 pm »
I have very little confidence that Shaquiri can stay fit, Ox can do a good job as a wide forward (he’s mustard but he usually struggles at wife forward) or that Origi is good enough so selfishly I’d like to keep him around to give us another option, especially as the number of games is going to be crazy. However, if it’s best for him to go to a PL team on loan where he’ll (probably) play, super. What we really don’t want is a PL loan where he can’t get a game. In that sense Sheffield Utd might be a good bet as they play decent football and don’t have a lot of goals up front. But if they end up in a relegation dog fight (which they may well, just because last season was brilliant is no guarantee) I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wilder revert to his trusted long termers.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2072 on: August 28, 2020, 03:36:51 pm »

Not a striker though, so not really a fair comparison. Eze had something like 8 or 9 assists, being used mainly as a left-sided midfielder or wide forward, sometimes played behind the striker. QPR were even crapper than Swansea too.

Thanks for posting that Roy, ably demonstrates what the conversation was centred around. I wouldn't even contemplate selling Brewster for fees he's not yet worth, ie £30m. Because he becomes worth so much more in my opinion.

It was interesting to hear him say in his post-match interview that he was concentrating on 'doing the running,' or words to that effect. Shows he's clearly internalised the message of what the coaching staff have asked of him and that achieving that in-game was his primary focus. If he keeps that attitude he'll become the player he and all of us hope he'll be.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 03:38:36 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2073 on: August 28, 2020, 03:45:34 pm »

:lmao :lmao

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2074 on: August 28, 2020, 04:14:49 pm »
:lmao :lmao

Fordy hasn’t commented yet though, which makes me think it might have legs.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2075 on: August 28, 2020, 06:32:52 pm »
I think Klopp's comments are telling - for his continued development, minutes (and thereby experience) is probably the most important thing especially considering the gap in development during crucial years due to his injuries. The club has to make a decision whether we are able to provide those minutes are not. In part, it's going to be dependent on the incomings and outgoings, especially with the likes of Origi and Shaqiri.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2076 on: August 28, 2020, 06:51:27 pm »
He needs first team minutes not wait and see if we get an injury minutes, so i think he will almost definitely go out on loan

just my opinion of course

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2077 on: August 28, 2020, 07:18:26 pm »
He could be playing two full matches in first three weeks with League Cup on top of league minutes he might get. I’d keep him until winter window and assess then

That said with the window being open until October we could keep him for these early matches and decide then
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 07:25:20 pm by dudleyred »

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2078 on: August 28, 2020, 07:41:58 pm »
Here’s the TAW comparison with Watkins.

Just out of curiosity, do these comparisons take into account the performance of the team at all?  Or just normalized per 90 minutes?

I only ask as Watkins has significantly more touches in the box and xG assisted, but that could be down a lot to Brentford's style of play and how prolific they were, having the best attack in the entire league and second best form overall this calendar year.
King Kenny.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2079 on: August 28, 2020, 09:23:21 pm »
There are coherent arguments for both scenarios. Send him out on loan and let him gain experience, that experience comes at a cost though because he will become less accustomed to Klopp's methods.

Keeping him here will allow him to become more accustomed to Klopps methodology and crucially our pressing triggers, that will have the downside of fewer minutes and less experience.

The kicker though is his ability to change games. Against Salzburg we were 2-0 down and the first team were being replaced by the ressies and kids. Our chances of getting something out of that game were receding by the minute. Brewster single-handedly turned that around.

In a tight game that we should win I would take Brewster coming off the bench rather than Origi every time.

Personally I think he is the best finisher at the club. We have incredibly talented all around footballers playing upfront, however they are all pretty wasteful in front of goal. Brewster has a touch of Fowler about him, his reactions and instinctive finishing set him apart against a packed defence.
"Ohhh-kayyy"