Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL Final Real Madrid v Liverpool [26 May 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 296907 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
didnt Ramos do something similar when sent off a couple of games ago? Stayed around to cheer team on? It's Real Madrid,they can do what they want

Yeah he did.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Watching that prick Ronaldo crying his eyes out at the final whistle is going to fill me with as much happiness as winning the trophy

Watching him look at himself on the big screen while trying to appear he's crying his eyes out....

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I can feel the "Quickening" start to take over here  ;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
at this rate, there will be no gum left to buy for me come kick off

Offline biscuitme

• cakeyou
  • Main Stander
Another arrogant old blert dismissing Liverpool.

“I cannot find a single Liverpool player that improves Real Madrid, [not even] Salah.
-Vicente Del Bosque

http://www.goal.com/en/news/no-liverpool-player-would-make-real-madrids-team-del-bosque/1b9mgl6ml8ws21c3pva595rsie

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Imagine if we have one of those nights were we take every chance?

Battered Roma 5-2 shoulda been 10 or more

Battered city 3-0 coulda been about 8

Imagine if we had that one night where we didn't miss chance after chance

Imagine that

That's where I am at, mate.

Its the underlying trend of the final --- can a fast start turn into an overwhelming red flow of goals, and non-stop fire?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Anyone know the approximate numbers heading over for the game? Reckon we had about 30k at the Ataturk, not sure about Athens. Hoping we get loads in there for Saturday.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
That's where I am at, mate.

Its the underlying trend of the final --- can a fast start turn into an overwhelming red flow of goals, and non-stop fire?
Hope so.i seriously hope we welly these fannies

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
didnt Ramos do something similar when sent off a couple of games ago? Stayed around to cheer team on? It's Real Madrid,they can do what they want
i think he was suspended and he was there, but he wasnt meant to be there.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

• Legacy Fan

“I cannot find a single Liverpool player that improves Real Madrid, [not even] Salah.
-Vicente Del Bosque

http://www.goal.com/en/news/no-liverpool-player-would-make-real-madrids-team-del-bosque/1b9mgl6ml8ws21c3pva595rsie

he predicted a 4-1 win for Real as well

• Legacy Fan
i think he was suspended and he was there, but he wasnt meant to be there.

he was sent off recently and didn't leave the stadium he was still on the sidelines

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
Diego Torres, you fucking WUM, I hope Real Madrid get fucking smashed

Also, you're a fucking shite singer and your songs are unbearable ;D

I'm afraid only Latin Americans will get that

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
According to many in-the-know journalists, it seems like Bale has many chances to start in the final. Personally I can understand that as he's looked colossal of late.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
According to many in-the-know journalists, it seems like Bale has many chances to start in the final. Personally I can understand that as he's looked colossal of late.

Might need to read that through mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.

-Vicente Del Bosque

Indeed, the 67-year-old, who won the Champions League and La Liga twice apiece during his reign at Santiago Bernabeu, believes the final could be something of a rout.

He's got something right then.  ;)

We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
In my 50+ years of supporting this club, I'm looking forward to this final more than any before. This Liverpool team seem a group of lovely lads - likely lads that enjoy each other and the electric football they bring.

When we were winning everything, it was hard not to take it for granted. It is different now. This means more.

If we play the way we know we can, I'll be happy even if we don't win because it will have been one hell of a match and we will have lost to the best CL team of recent years. We will be back next year, and better, too.

If we play the way we know we can, we also have every chance of blowing Madrid away.

This, ladies and gentlemen, might be a game we tell our grandchildren about.

C'mon you Redmen.

Absolutely agree with this, what a great time to be a red. So long as we are not cheated out of a win I will be joyous with this Champions League campaign. It is the first one I have been able to properly share with my 14 year old son and I will never forget the joy I experienced with him against city and Roma particularly. Fantastic stuff from our wonderful squad . Strongly confident that the best is yet to come.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
he was sent off recently and didn't leave the stadium he was still on the sidelines
as i said in my OP he is a fucking headcase
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
In my 50+ years of supporting this club, I'm looking forward to this final more than any before. This Liverpool team seem a group of lovely lads - likely lads that enjoy each other and the electric football they bring.

When we were winning everything, it was hard not to take it for granted. It is different now. This means more.

If we play the way we know we can, I'll be happy even if we don't win because it will have been one hell of a match and we will have lost to the best CL team of recent years. We will be back next year, and better, too.

If we play the way we know we can, we also have every chance of blowing Madrid away.

C'mon you Redmen.
Nice post

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan

-Vicente Del Bosque

Very insightful, and wrong,  from him wasnt it.  None of the Huddersfield teamwould get in the Utd or Chelsea team, but they got a result against them with heart, talent and balls.
Arrogance is not a good quality Mr Del Boy

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer

-Vicente Del Bosque

Isn`t he also a bit of a racist and facist as well ? Maybe my memory is failing me but I am sure I read something along those lines in the last few years.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why are people looking for Real Madrid people daring not to bow down to us in order to be offended? Does it really matter if some old dinosaur thinks his club is better?

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
Why are people looking for Real Madrid people daring not to bow down to us in order to be offended? Does it really matter if some old dinosaur thinks his club is better?

I think there's a difference between not bowing down and being disrespectful to the opposition, which is what people are offended by. But no it doesn't really matter, because all of that type of talk makes them look a bit thick. Zidane and his squad can't afford to share that mentality.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Not at all.... it passes the week though. Killing time or speeding it back to a normal rate is all that matters right now.

Couldn't give a fiddler's what they think really.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Exactly.

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song.

I like heavy metal.”  8) ;D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think there's a difference between not bowing down and being disrespectful to the opposition, which is what people are offended by. But no it doesn't really matter, because all of that type of talk makes them look a bit thick. Zidane and his squad can't afford to share that mentality.

There is a difference, but it's Real Madrid, who cares what their people think?

They won't, neither team will be complacent or arrogant.

Online Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
Every morning the last few days I've been getting up and telling myself - ONE MORE BLITZ!

Might not be able to guarantee we win but if we can manage one more blitz it'll put us in one hell of a position. They won't know what's hit them or how to deal with it.

Counting down the days & hours here.

ONE MORE BLITZ!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

• Legacy Fan
Isn`t he also a bit of a racist and facist as well ? Maybe my memory is failing me but I am sure I read something along those lines in the last few years.

you're thinking of Arragones

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan

It doesn't matter what anyone, anywhere thinks. What matters is what happens on the pitch. But its the CL build up week, a lot will be said from all sorts of people and brought up. Fire us up ?  yeah, why not.  Offended ?  Takes a lot more than that  :)

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Drawing conclusions from comparisons between individual players demonstrates that this individual doesn't comprehend the nature of the problem they are about to come up against. They are about to come up against a footballing organism which for large parts of this game is going to make them look like ducks out of water. Whether they can equal our tally in the time we allow them is the big question - and I can't see it. Someone earlier mentioned Klopps first City game in Manchester, that's how I see it going, with longstanding models of composure and consistency like Kompany looking absolutely petrified of receiving the ball.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
Real Betis
Girona
Spurs
Barcelona
Villareal
Leganes
Espanyol
Juventus
Sevilla

All above have beaten real madrid this season....they can be beaten and they have not come across LFC this season....fuck any worry, what ifs or doubts....were gonna steam roll these cwnts!

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Real Betis
Girona
Spurs
Barcelona
Villareal
Leganes
Espanyol
Juventus
Sevilla

All above have beaten real madrid this season....they can be beaten and they have not come across LFC this season....fuck any worry, what ifs or doubts....were gonna steam roll these cwnts!
That's a lot longer than Man City's list.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
That's a lot longer than Man City's list.

it'd be similar, cos you can put Liverpool in the Man City list 3 times.  :P

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Especially with the possibility of extra time. We fade at the end of 90 minutes so extra time would really push our starting eleven too far.
Pfft- we fade at 60! I mean our midfield really fade out badly- so much so that they just basically let everything through as the game progresses and as a result, our defense drop deep- and that's where the goals against come from. Happened as recently as at Roma away the other night (even worse- by halftime, we were done).
Understandable, seeing as we have prolly the hardest working midfield of the top teams in Europe. They regularly clock up 2/3 kms more per game than their opponent.
Our challenge in rotation really is with our midfield and that's why we- more than most- would need an abundance of squad options there. Where other teams can get away with 6/7 midfielders, we need 9/10.

Anyway- the catch 22 is that we wouldn't know if we're going into extra time or not, so yeah - we have to try and perform in midfield at as high a level for as long as possible.
That's the one big way a final differs from an ordinary cup game or a league game and that has a big impact on game management, selection and just tactics in general.
Them being available though sure is huge.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:08:44 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
I'd feel a lot better if Bale doesn't start. Asensio and Isco are great players too but Bale can hit worldies, good in the air, excellent pace and great at set pieces. He won't be awed playing us but feel we can really shock some of the other Real players who don't know us.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan

C'mon you Redmen.

GET IN
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Will be interestinh to see what we do with Marcelo. Do we leave him and let them worry about Salah?

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

C'mon you Redmen.

Love this.

• Legacy Fan
Love this.

I third that.

COME ON YOU RED MEN!!!!!

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Reading this thread brings all my nerves back to the fore.

Glad to see they seem to underestimate us - let's hope we play to our strengths in the final. Klopp will have them well prepared.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
I'd feel a lot better if Bale doesn't start. Asensio and Isco are great players too but Bale can hit worldies, good in the air, excellent pace and great at set pieces. He won't be awed playing us but feel we can really shock some of the other Real players who don't know us.

The last time Bale played us we had Kolo Toure, Markovic, Borini, Johnson and Manquillo in the side.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:41:48 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.