Author Topic: Sean Cox still in hospital but 'recovers consciousness'.  (Read 94206 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Sean Cox still in hospital but 'recovers consciousness'.
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2018, 01:14:11 am »
It's a joke and he is clearly lying. I'd say that he was intent on causing injury to Sean and therefore he should be heavily punished. When anyone lashes out at an innocent person then they are not in control of the end result (similar to violent conduct in football.......if you tackle somebody and are not in control then it's a red card even if you don't injure the other player).
i
If you swing your belt at somebody and miss then it should be treated in exactly the same way as if you connected and caused serious injury. Anyone doing this in, say a shopping mall at innocent bystanders would be dealt with very severely.

Violent attacks by fans should be dealt with by long jail sentences as a deterrent to other idiots.

I agree with you. Of course he is lying. He's trying to save his skin. That little crew of theirs were clearly looking for trouble and knew exactly what they were doing.
The taking off of belts and using the buckle as a weapon is a common tactic from Italian thugs. Napoli did the same last time they were here. When you swing a belt buckle at someone you know full well you are risking a lethal outcome. It's like sticking a knife in someone. A lottery. On one hand you could hurt someone, on the other, you could kill them. When you willingly swing that belt, you have no way of knowing which outcome will arise. Swinging a heavy buckle at someone should be classed the same as swinging a blade at someone. It shouldn't matter if you connect or not, because your intent is clear.

Also, it's laughable of this scumbag to make out he was scared for his safety. He was part of a gang clearly looking to cause trouble with innocent match-goers. It was them who attacked people for no reason whatsoever. They were in no danger at all, and if they had simply walked around to their own end like the rest of their following then nothing would have happened. They had already walked to the ground from town, so I'm sure they could have managed another hundred yards or so without issue if they so wished. Anyone involved in these premeditated, savage attacks should be handed long sentences. No ifs or buts. The Italian authorities don't seem interested in sorting these types out, but if they act like savages over here then we should throw the book at them and show them it will not be tolerated here.

Oh, and while we are at it, I do hope the police have learned from this and are a lot tougher and more proactive when Napoli bring their own morons over in the CL. They are really big on belt buckle swinging.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 01:20:34 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2018, 07:04:42 am »
If someone had lashed out at someone in a shopping centre, in the street or anywhere else in this country and didn't connect they wouldn't be charged with GBH.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2018, 01:12:54 pm »
I think we should be careful with our comments as there is likely to be an extradition hearing for N40 in the near future.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2018, 03:07:53 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #284 on: October 26, 2018, 04:38:54 pm »
Klopp donated 5k
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: October 26, 2018, 09:45:57 pm »
Looks like Seamus Coleman just donated 5k too. Class.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #286 on: October 26, 2018, 10:48:23 pm »
Looks like Seamus Coleman just donated 5k too. Class.

Also David Meyler.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: October 26, 2018, 11:16:10 pm »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2018, 10:34:19 am »
Going over now to help with the buckets, anyone else wants to help out they are registering at the Twelth Man on Walton Breck Road from 11.30 onwards.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #289 on: October 27, 2018, 10:43:03 am »
Class acts
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: October 27, 2018, 04:58:48 pm »
There were plenty of buckets out before the game, thanks to everyone who contributed, hope we have raised a great amount for Sean and his family. Then I sat on the bench opposite Anfield and listened to the crowd celebrate that first goal, cool day.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #291 on: October 27, 2018, 07:45:10 pm »
Got told the club are matching the money raised today which is nice to hear.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: October 28, 2018, 09:20:33 am »
Great stuff from SOS and the club on this. Fair play to everyone who helped yesterday.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #293 on: October 28, 2018, 10:43:40 am »
I’ve such admiration for all involved , best club in the world .

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #294 on: October 29, 2018, 09:51:35 am »
Aston Villa chief executive Christian Purslow has donated 5,600 euros to the family of Liverpool supporter Sean Cox.

Purslow, who previously held the role of managing director at Anfield, has dipped into his own pockets to help fund Cox's long-term care.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-liverpool-sean-cox-15341016
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 29, 2018, 10:25:22 am »
Even when doing something good Purslow still manages to come out looking sleazy.
It's a rare gift the man has.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #296 on: October 29, 2018, 10:47:11 am »
Even when doing something good Purslow still manages to come out looking sleazy.
It's a rare gift the man has.

I am far from his biggest fan but it's a decent thing to do. End of debate.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #297 on: October 29, 2018, 02:05:24 pm »
Quote from 98FM (Dublin radio station)......

"Huge crowds have taken part in a fun run in Dunboyne GAA club to raise funds for assaulted Liverpool fan Seán Cox #YNWA"

Well done guys.
#JFT97

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: October 29, 2018, 02:24:24 pm »
Have they said yet how much was raised on Saturday?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #299 on: October 29, 2018, 02:54:30 pm »
Have they said yet how much was raised on Saturday?

Saw a tweet from SOS this afternoon asking if anyone local had access to coin counting machines - which is a great sign. Seems like they are struggling to get through them!

I did see something at the weekend saying it would be early this week before they knew how much they had, but this may be longer now if they're struggling to get it counted.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: October 29, 2018, 04:26:42 pm »
Saw a tweet from SOS this afternoon asking if anyone local had access to coin counting machines - which is a great sign. Seems like they are struggling to get through them!

I did see something at the weekend saying it would be early this week before they knew how much they had, but this may be longer now if they're struggling to get it counted.

It said originally they were hoping at the end of the week to announce a total.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: October 29, 2018, 05:29:16 pm »
Cheers both of you :wave

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: November 1, 2018, 12:36:07 pm »
£59,000 raised last weekend apparently. :)

EDIT: £59,104 to be precise.

@LFCFoundation
 42m42 minutes ago
More
An amazing £59,104 was raised at Saturday’s game for the Sean Cox Appeal. The collection was supported by volunteers from @LFC, @LFCFoundation & @spiritofshankly & match funded by the #LFCFoundation. Huge thank you #LFCfamily for supporting Sean’s rehabilitation & long term care.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2018, 12:43:06 pm by redgriffin73 »

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #303 on: November 1, 2018, 12:44:09 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #304 on: November 1, 2018, 12:50:23 pm »
Great news

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #305 on: November 1, 2018, 01:26:23 pm »
Full statement below showing how the total has been achieved

Liverpool Football Club can today confirm that £59,104 has been raised for the Sean Cox appeal.

The generosity of supporters at last weekend’s Cardiff fixture at Anfield raised  £28,725.17 which was collected around the ground by volunteers from LFC and Spirit of Shankly.

The LFC Foundation, official charity of Liverpool Football Club, has also match funded the amount raised as well as donating proceeds of £1,653.75 from the matchday fundraising lottery held at the game – taking the overall total to £59,104.

LFC would again like to thank everyone who participated in the collection, either as collectors or donors, while club officials remain in dialogue with the Cox family regarding initiatives to support them.

Reds fans can still support the appeal by visiting
: https://www.gofundme.com/SupportSeanCox

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/323290-lfc-family-raises-59-000-for-the-sean-cox-appeal

Brilliant effort all around
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: November 1, 2018, 05:20:31 pm »
Wow, that's brilliant, shows what can be achieved when the club and fan groups work together. I hope there is more of these ventures.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: November 1, 2018, 05:28:21 pm »
I didn't realize what the target is - yikes!

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: November 1, 2018, 10:11:00 pm »
I’m a bit ignorant of these things, but what is the money for?

Genuine question. And just wanted to say I’m glad that Sean pulled through and was gutted when it happened. I don’t know anything about his prognosis, or what the need for cash is. Health care? Loss of earnings to support his family? I genuinely don’t know.

Offline Rafa Rulz

• Kemlynite
« Reply #309 on: November 1, 2018, 11:13:34 pm »
I’m a bit ignorant of these things, but what is the money for?

Genuine question. And just wanted to say I’m glad that Sean pulled through and was gutted when it happened. I don’t know anything about his prognosis, or what the need for cash is. Health care? Loss of earnings to support his family? I genuinely don’t know.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/liverpool/sean-coxs-wife-martina-speaks-about-the-catastrophic-injuries-the-liverpool-fan-and-his-family-are-dealing-with-37393061.html

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: November 1, 2018, 11:55:22 pm »
Thank you for the info, much appreciated.

What happened was terrible, but it really doesn’t seem right that the very serious injury is compounded by financial hardship, as Sean needs to go private to get the care he needs. I really don’t know what the solution is because I don’t know who you would sue or what you could sue for, but it doesn’t seem right that Sean’s family should have to go cap in hand to make progress with him.

Full credit to everyone who participated so far, though the initial target of €2M seems very daunting, and that’s without knowing what the total cost might eventually climb to. Terrible business all round.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: November 6, 2018, 03:21:28 pm »
Raised over £190,000 now.

Only just saw Coleman chipped in over £4k, pretty cool guy doing that and great gesture if nothing else to help awareness. Hope we give him a really good welcome at the derby, before knocking 5 past them of course.  :D

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: November 6, 2018, 03:40:13 pm »
Everton defender Seamus Coleman worried fans would question him for making a donation to help an injured fan of city rivals Liverpool.

The Ireland international gave 5,000 euros (£4,300) to an online fund for Sean Cox and said he considered making it anonymously.

But he decided to put his name to the donation to help raise publicity.

"You think 'Do you put your name towards it or not?'" Coleman said.

"You might get people saying 'he might have put more money in' or whatever," he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46107472

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #313 on: November 6, 2018, 03:45:43 pm »
Think David Meyler also matched Coleman's donation?
@JonnYNWA

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: November 6, 2018, 03:48:18 pm »
"the might have put more money in" side of things i fear would crop up

its marvellous for people to think of donating regardless of the amount or how much they may or may not have.

i wouldnt criticize them for what they give as they could so easily just do nothing.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: November 6, 2018, 03:53:16 pm »
Everton defender Seamus Coleman worried fans would question him for making a donation to help an injured fan of city rivals Liverpool.

The Ireland international gave 5,000 euros (£4,300) to an online fund for Sean Cox and said he considered making it anonymously.

But he decided to put his name to the donation to help raise publicity.

"You think 'Do you put your name towards it or not?'" Coleman said.

"You might get people saying 'he might have put more money in' or whatever," he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46107472

I think it's good of Coleman to speak about it, to show when it comes to important things like this it shouldn't come down to club tribalism etc.

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: November 6, 2018, 03:53:36 pm »
"the might have put more money in" side of things i fear would crop up

its marvellous for people to think of donating regardless of the amount or how much they may or may not have.

i wouldnt criticize them for what they give as they could so easily just do nothing.

I wouldn’t criticise anyone either. He donated and thst’s All that matters.
#JFT97

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: November 6, 2018, 03:55:15 pm »
Think David Meyler also matched Coleman's donation?
yes he did. Christian Purslow also donated. (no bad posts about him please, not the place for it)

I wouldn’t criticise anyone either. He donated and thst’s All that matters.

amen

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: November 6, 2018, 04:03:19 pm »
I think it's good of Coleman to speak about it, to show when it comes to important things like this it shouldn't come down to club tribalism etc.

And maybe we should give him 30 seconds of applause when he next plays at Anfield. I know that may stick in people’s throats but it would be because Sean Cox can’t.
#JFT97

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: November 6, 2018, 04:50:14 pm »
Well done everyone involved, every single person who organised, helped and contributed. It's a staggering gesture of support.