Author Topic: Where to watch the champs league final  (Read 244364 times)

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Where to watch the champs league final
« Reply #1760 on: May 6, 2022, 06:16:36 pm »
Waiting on the ballot but not confident so we will head to our usual Anfield drinking den that is the supporters club.

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #1761 on: May 6, 2022, 06:38:35 pm »
We're off to Crete 8am on the Sunday morning, Manc airport for 5:30, so will be watching at home with the kids - missus is out with her mate during the day but will be home in time to support Real....
We're off to Crete on the Thursday before so first job Friday is scouting the sports bars

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1762 on: May 6, 2022, 06:58:40 pm »
Parade on the Sunday if we win League and/or European Cup.

https://twitter.com/lpoolcouncil/status/1522600851981930501

That sounds like no parade if we win FA Cup but miss out on the other 2. No parade for winning both domestic Cups is an absolute joke.

Offline Stanley6

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1763 on: May 6, 2022, 07:00:38 pm »
Assuming your not going to Anfield and want to avoid a crowded bar ….
I went to the Adelphi last time - they had a few hundred seats set up in their
Grand hall thing with a good family vibe and no excessive drunkenness.
You’ll probably have to get there a few hours before kick off mind
As it’s unreserved seating - assuming they are doing the same this year

Thanks for the response. Would the Sandon fit the bill? Its currently the only place I've seen where I can guarantee a ticket without an age restriction.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1764 on: May 6, 2022, 07:01:10 pm »
We're off to Crete on the Thursday before so first job Friday is scouting the sports bars

Jammy git, not having to worry about not drinking ;D

We were in Orlando 2019, so I already knew the two candidates. Turned out the nearest was the official Orlando Spurs supporters club bar, so did Millers Ale House.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1765 on: May 6, 2022, 07:05:51 pm »
It’s fucking mad how many pages this topic has when you think about it.

Lets hope its still going next year, the year after, & the year after that.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1766 on: May 6, 2022, 07:22:47 pm »
Looking at my options as I definitely want to be in the city for the parade but do I come for the game too?

Is everywhere tickets only for the game?  I'll be coming by train most likely so don't fancy a trip out to Aintree or similar but no idea if Anfield pubs will be screening.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1767 on: May 6, 2022, 08:34:07 pm »

███████╗░░░
╚════██║░░░
░░░░██╔╝░░░
░░░██╔╝░░░░
░░██╔╝░░██╗
░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1768 on: May 6, 2022, 08:52:44 pm »
Thank fuck it's Memorial Day weekend in USA and therefore no 3,4,5 or 6 year old birthday parties to have to tote my boys to.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #1769 on: May 6, 2022, 09:10:20 pm »
It's my cousins wedding in Chester. Hopefully I can go parade on Sunday. The wedding reception is in the evening on Saturday.  I'm disgusted. Also he is a dirty manc. Supporter. Moreover he doesn't even understand the game. He's not from a footballing country.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1770 on: May 6, 2022, 09:11:25 pm »
It's my cousins wedding in Chester. Hopefully I can go parade on Sunday. The wedding reception is in the evening on Saturday.  I'm disgusted. Also he is a dirty manc. Supporter. Moreover he doesn't even understand the game. He's not from a footballing country.

NONE of this sounds unswervable

Do you reckon you will be dreaming about his wedding in ten years time? Some cousins wedding that. Sounds amazing too from your post. A SQUARE HITCHING or..

███████╗░░░
╚════██║░░░
░░░░██╔╝░░░
░░░██╔╝░░░░
░░██╔╝░░██╗
░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝

Do the right thing. Real family will understand.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2022, 09:13:07 pm by ToneLa »

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #1771 on: May 6, 2022, 09:30:52 pm »
;D

Just checking the options to get there. Even the travel is expensive, never mind the accommodations!
Got a cheap route mate if there’s a few of you. Cheapest you’ll find.
Portsmouth to Caen 1445 ferry on the Friday £55
Night in Caen - Ibis Budget £55 per room with two in
Return train ticket to Paris around £40 depending on what time trains you get
Caen to Portsmouth Sunday 1645 £45

Only issue you’ll have is a Paris hotel, you won’t get one. Just find an all night bar stay there till the morning train
We booked a while back an Ibis Budget £77  per room.

20 of us have booked this route travelling from Liverpool Friday morning.  Roughly cost around £180 each plus whatever the petrol money is to Portsmouth and back (5 in a car £20-£25 each)

For us with us with 2 hotels it was a no brainier for under 2ton 👍🏻
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1772 on: May 6, 2022, 09:32:46 pm »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1773 on: May 6, 2022, 09:38:54 pm »
Also seen today from someone at the LFC French Supporters Club, that it’s been announced there will be no fan parks over there. He says no big screens or fan parks.  Now I know they never do screens at the host city, as they don’t want fans on the streets. But I’m hoping the bit regarding no fan parks, has been misunderstood in translation.  Fan parks are one of the best parts of the day and if organised correctly makes the polices job easier, as they have the fans in the one place and can plan accordingly. If there isn’t one, then fans will naturally congregate anyway but could be in areas which authorities may not want them to be and that’s when problems occur.  Hopefully the club/fan groups put pressure on to get something properly organised 
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #1774 on: May 6, 2022, 09:47:51 pm »

Do you reckon you will be dreaming about his wedding in ten years time? Some cousins wedding that. Sounds amazing too from your post. A SQUARE HITCHING or..

I'm the best man ffs. I nearly booked euro tunnel train after the whistle went the other day. Completely unaware.

I'd rather be in Paris.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1775 on: May 6, 2022, 09:53:21 pm »
I'm the best man ffs. I nearly booked euro tunnel train after the whistle went the other day. Completely unaware.

I'd rather be in Paris.

Why not be like me my brother? Be free of the machinations of Travel, Family, Exes, tax all them bad things

FREEDOM IS A STATE OF MIND

I'm not saying walk out. I'm saying in this day and age you can still feel connected to the club

I myself will be walking the streets of Liverpool open to hear the natural noise of us winning a trophy. I'd like to try to record this on my phone. I get it's an emotional event

It's going to be crazy in fact

You? You the best man at the dude's side. Will you be disconnected from reality? Concepts of head heart soul?

Where you AT?

Where is your belief, boy? Got a smartphone? Can't wait a minute?

SOAK UP THE NERVES IT'S CERTAINLY SERIOUS

A proud red universal love that day will shine bright!

I fucking love all of you. You'll feel it that day.

THE VERY EARTH WILL TREMBLE WHEN WE SCORE
« Last Edit: May 6, 2022, 09:55:44 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #1776 on: May 6, 2022, 11:06:06 pm »

It helps if the Bride is a sports fan, I skipped one of my best friends weddings to see a GAA game, I had hoped to make it, but it went to extra time. I was still in the hotel room when they were saying I do in the chapel. First question she asked me at the reception was about a penalty.  ;D ;D

For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1777 on: May 6, 2022, 11:20:27 pm »
I would truly be sick if I had a commitment like a wedding to be at on a day like the 28th. If it was a dead rubber home match against Norwich it'd probably still annoy me to worrying lengths, but a Champions League final? I couldn't deal with that  ;D - Even though we've all been here before and God hoping we will again, it feels once in a lifetime, at least to me anyway. They don't come around every day, to put it lightly and use another cliche  ;D

That said, I think most would just be happy to see/hear that we've won  :wave
« Last Edit: May 6, 2022, 11:22:27 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1778 on: May 6, 2022, 11:23:54 pm »
I would truly be sick if I had a commitment like a wedding on a day like the 28th. If it was a dead rubber home match against Norwich it'd probably still annoy me to strange lengths, but a Champions League final? I couldn't do it  ;D

That said, I think most would just be happy to see/hear that we've won  :wave

I got married on a Saturday in 2007 where we played at home. Gutted as four of us missed the game but luckily it was a shite 0-0 with Birmingham.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1779 on: May 7, 2022, 01:13:25 am »
Also seen today from someone at the LFC French Supporters Club, that it’s been announced there will be no fan parks over there. He says no big screens or fan parks.  Now I know they never do screens at the host city, as they don’t want fans on the streets. But I’m hoping the bit regarding no fan parks, has been misunderstood in translation.  Fan parks are one of the best parts of the day and if organised correctly makes the polices job easier, as they have the fans in the one place and can plan accordingly. If there isn’t one, then fans will naturally congregate anyway but could be in areas which authorities may not want them to be and that’s when problems occur.  Hopefully the club/fan groups put pressure on to get something properly organised 

I hope that´s not true. Seems silly not to knowing the amount of people that will be heading there.

Anyone know how long the last one took? 3 hours or so am guessing?

Long enough for us to watch the start of it in Allerton and then do a drunken walk to town to catch the end of it (and even then we were waiting around).

My mates have booked an early Sunday train back from Paris on the hopes they can make it back for a potential parade in the afternoon. I´d love to join them in the event, but unfortunately I´ll have to head back to Barca for work Monday morning.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1780 on: May 7, 2022, 11:13:39 am »
I hope that´s not true. Seems silly not to knowing the amount of people that will be heading there.

Long enough for us to watch the start of it in Allerton and then do a drunken walk to town to catch the end of it (and even then we were waiting around).

My mates have booked an early Sunday train back from Paris on the hopes they can make it back for a potential parade in the afternoon. I´d love to join them in the event, but unfortunately I´ll have to head back to Barca for work Monday morning.

At the min, the No fan park thing is true. But I’m sure something similar happened in Madrid. Possibly it’s UEFA trying to stop fans travelling without tickets but behind the scenes hopefully things are getting sorted

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #1781 on: May 7, 2022, 03:12:22 pm »
has anyone heard anything about whether the club are likely to be showing it on big screens at Anfield? I am coming up to Liverpool for the weekend and that would be my preferred option I think.

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1782 on: May 7, 2022, 07:11:16 pm »
has anyone heard anything about whether the club are likely to be showing it on big screens at Anfield? I am coming up to Liverpool for the weekend and that would be my preferred option I think.
Didn’t do one in 2019 because of the concerts a week or so after the final. First concert is just under two weeks after this years final I think, so I’d be surprised if they do.

We went to the Auditorium at the Arena in 2019 as we were unsuccessful in the ballot and it was a cracking night in there. Unfortunately it won’t be on in there this year as there’s already another event on at the same time. Nothing on at the Arena at present so perhaps that could be an option.

Still hoping the club open up some of the hospitality lounges inside Anfield and put an event on in there if nothing else, but would be surprised if they bother.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1783 on: May 9, 2022, 11:20:38 am »

Ditch the Wedding. Anyone who books one on Champions League final night needs a head wobble.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1784 on: May 9, 2022, 12:08:14 pm »
Ditch the Wedding. Anyone who books one on Champions League final night needs a head wobble.

Given the groom is a Manc supporter, it's no surprise he knew they wouldn't be in it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1785 on: May 9, 2022, 07:54:05 pm »

MY 7000TH WAS SLAGGIN OFF HAALAND LOL IT IS DESTINY

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1786 on: May 9, 2022, 08:15:34 pm »

They did in 2018, so would have thought they would do it again. I Know someone who works for the company that does the clubs AV, press conferences, match day stuff, legends days, that kind of stuff, I'll ask her if there are any plans, as they will know what the club plans to do.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1787 on: May 10, 2022, 12:31:48 pm »
We're travelling to Cornwall on the 27th...

I'm picking a hire car up in Penzance and leaving at 3am to drive to Plymouth and get the 05:27 train to Bristol. Flight from Bristol to Paris is 10am

Got a cheap hotel in Paris for the evening and leave Paris at 7pm Sunday to get back and do the reverse to the above.

Am not popular, but I missed out on Istanbul as my second lad was born and then missed out on Kiev because of cost and Madrid because just could not get there. Was not missing another

In so much shit with the missus who I've never seen so angry before, but just have to go. Hope to fuck that I get a ticket now...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1788 on: May 10, 2022, 12:34:19 pm »
We're travelling to Cornwall on the 27th...

I'm picking a hire car up in Penzance and leaving at 3am to drive to Plymouth and get the 05:27 train to Bristol. Flight from Bristol to Paris is 10am

Got a cheap hotel in Paris for the evening and leave Paris at 7pm Sunday to get back and do the reverse to the above.

Am not popular, but I missed out on Istanbul as my second lad was born and then missed out on Kiev because of cost and Madrid because just could not get there. Was not missing another

In so much shit with the missus who I've never seen so angry before, but just have to go. Hope to fuck that I get a ticket now...

I love it. If I was in Europe - I'd have gone for sure.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1789 on: May 10, 2022, 12:35:18 pm »
Have watched many a game in the LFC supporters club bar over there.

They always get in trouble for the noise during games - fuck knows what will happen this time!! rofl!
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1790 on: May 10, 2022, 02:30:24 pm »

Spoke to the club via online chat the other week and they confirmed that they will NOT be screening it an Anfield.  There are also no plans to show it at the arena like they did last time.

IF we don't get a ticket then we definitely won't be travelling due to not being able to go until the morning of the game, so booked the Aintree outdoor screening as a backup plan.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1791 on: May 10, 2022, 04:56:36 pm »
Have watched many a game in the LFC supporters club bar over there.

They always get in trouble for the noise during games - fuck knows what will happen this time!! rofl!

I was in there the other year, and it was noisy pre-match. Unfortunately it was when we got beat 3-0 by Watford so there wasn´t much to shout about during the game.

Good luck being able to get in there for the final though. It was fairly small as I remember it. It is on the correct side of the city centre to get up to the stadium, if you´ll have tickets. Reckon you´d have to be in there at 9am to get a space though!

I also saw advertised a second LFC bar over there. Haven´t been to that one, but the owner was talking about an outdoor screen and space for 1,000 people, so could also be a good bet.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1792 on: May 10, 2022, 05:12:24 pm »
I reckon you've got no chance in the official places. If you're going to Paris with no ticket I'd go for the latin quarter/sorbonne area south of the river. Quite a few 'pubs' and student bars will have it on, and maybe smaller crowds than Pigalle etc. That's on no real authority just a feeling...

Offline nittinivala

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1793 on: May 10, 2022, 05:25:00 pm »
Travelling from Finland to Liverpool to watch the final.Already booked  a ticket to watch it in Sandon.Would you recommend it?Any experience what is it like in there for the final?

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1794 on: May 10, 2022, 06:56:16 pm »
will be on a road trip to Sweden this time round.

I would loved to have been in Pars.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1795 on: May 10, 2022, 07:08:42 pm »
Baltic Market just opened their tickets

£20 (plus £2.50 booking fee)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1796 on: May 10, 2022, 07:09:22 pm »
Baltic Market just opened their tickets

£20 (plus £2.50 booking fee)

:lmao
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Le Westalero

• Main Stander
  • You can count on Jürgen Norbert Klopp
« Reply #1797 on: May 11, 2022, 02:22:35 pm »
Somebody from here who's going to Paris?

I hope for a Jamie Webster pre final show like in Madrid. But I guess there's no information yet where he could or if he would play?

Otherwise I think I'll just go to a pub with some of our fans to watch it.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1798 on: May 11, 2022, 02:58:34 pm »
Somebody from here who's going to Paris?

I hope for a Jamie Webster pre final show like in Madrid. But I guess there's no information yet where he could or if he would play?

Otherwise I think I'll just go to a pub with some of our fans to watch it.
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=352270.0
YNWA

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1799 on: May 11, 2022, 03:08:18 pm »
I'm lucky enough to have a big garden, will have the telly in the living room, a telly in the garden and people round here to watch it.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."