Author Topic: CL Final 2018 - Kiev  (Read 172568 times)

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL Final 2018 - Kiev
« Reply #440 on: May 5, 2018, 09:02:06 am »
Was trying to hold off from booking flights until ballot results. Found a good couple of ways until  people write their routes on social media! Absolute nightmare.  :butt

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #441 on: May 5, 2018, 09:11:26 am »
panicked and booked world choice sports out of heathrow only to realise later that it returns sunday afternoon  ::) ::) oh well was panicking we wouldnt get flights

I’ve been worried about not getting them but hanging on for Thomas cook or sport options

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #442 on: May 5, 2018, 09:11:53 am »
I have just found a photo of a restricted seat.

See attached

Haha, please tell me that's a joke.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #443 on: May 5, 2018, 09:25:59 am »

I've booked up for me and the misses but struggling to find accommodation. If anyone might be interested in sharing the costs of some accommodation (preferably in Kiev!), please P.M me.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #444 on: May 5, 2018, 09:46:27 am »
Not on sale yet. Out Monday apparently to those who have travelled with them previously...

It says anyone who went with them and emailed them between 1st and 2nd legs of SF!! :no I never thought to do that and with work etc didn;t have time to start looking around for trips to a match I might not need to attend ::)

Emailed them since with booking ref from Rome in but now fear that I won't get a place. Might be pinning my hopes on people on TC list who don;t get tkts!!
We are a team of one half.

Offline redmanraj

• Main Stander
« Reply #445 on: May 5, 2018, 10:12:32 am »
Anybody sweating on accommodation situation in Kiev (All of us) Just been informed that they jacked all the prices up for the Euro's and when they realised that nobody was paying £400 a night for a shit pit communist era flat, they all went back to more realistic levels about a week before the game. So there's still hope yet.

Offline kopte4ever

• Main Stander
« Reply #446 on: May 5, 2018, 10:39:52 am »
Haha, please tell me that's a joke.

I wish - apparatly that was taken at the Euros final

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: May 5, 2018, 10:46:28 am »
I'm confused now with Thomas Cook and some of the comments from people who've been in touch with them.

With an LFC European away game, you can enter the details of the person attending the game. The card holder gets the credit, but the other person can attend. This works well for instance when there is a ticket collection, or name written on ticket. The only time they don't allow this is for the likes of Moscow. It stops touting as you're entering the details of someone you know, rather than selling to the highest bidder. Not perfect,  but the club know the situation with euro aways.

So for the final, if person A gets 1 in the ballot, as far as I know, he can enter the information of person B who can then attend on that ticket. Not that it matters much if there is no collection and no names on the ticket. I can see the club have confirmed this here: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/300466-champions-league-final-tickets-liverpool-fc-real-madrid

Now Thomas Cook on their site says:
We are currently assessing the applications for travel made so far to establish the number of qualifying fans that have applied. We are also looking to source more aircraft to assist as many fans as possible.

We have been approached by the club to offer travel for supporters due to the difficult nature of travelling to the host city. As a result we will be offering day return flights to Kiev. These flights can be booked by season ticket holders and members that have purchased a ticket for the final directly from the club, season tickets and membership numbers will be needed at the time of booking and will need to be verified as we will be operating as the clubs official provider.

I've booked 2 seats on TC. One for me, one for my mate.

I'm guaranteed one. My group (around 4 people) are in the ballot but only 1 plans to attend who I've registered onto the TC trip.

So according to the club, he could get a ticket from the club (from another one in our group that qualify in the ballot) - I just hope TC see sense that yes it's not on his membership card but if they look into it they can see the genuine process that has taken place.

I hope they are not strict and say it has to be in your name because he would fall short. It says 'at the time of booking'. Well - at the time of booking - I've put in my mate's genuine membership number. He might not get one. Others might - and they will let him use theirs - but I've not entered theirs up front because we don't know who might get one in the ballot.

Not sure if I'm making sense here. But if you're allowed to enter the different membership on TC up front other than your own - you'd hope they'd accept a different one after the ballot. Surely?

« Last Edit: May 5, 2018, 10:50:39 am by davidsteventon »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: May 5, 2018, 11:02:45 am »
Hopefully this answers some questions

This is what I'm on about.
My mate will hopefully get one in the ballot from our group. We don't know who that will be yet.
That's saying if we knew up front he'd be fine as entered at the time of booking.
If it's after the ballot then no?

They must hopefully not be that strict on that and look into each case.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #449 on: May 5, 2018, 11:03:00 am »
I wish - apparatly that was taken at the Euros final

There's no way that they'll sell any of those for this final surely?

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
« Reply #450 on: May 5, 2018, 11:04:07 am »
I'm confused now with Thomas Cook and some of the comments from people who've been in touch with them.

With an LFC European away game, you can enter the details of the person attending the game. The card holder gets the credit, but the other person can attend. This works well for instance when there is a ticket collection, or name written on ticket. The only time they don't allow this is for the likes of Moscow. It stops touting as you're entering the details of someone you know, rather than selling to the highest bidder. Not perfect,  but the club know the situation with euro aways.

So for the final, if person A gets 1 in the ballot, as far as I know, he can enter the information of person B who can then attend on that ticket. Not that it matters much if there is no collection and no names on the ticket. I can see the club have confirmed this here: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/300466-champions-league-final-tickets-liverpool-fc-real-madrid

Now Thomas Cook on their site says:
We are currently assessing the applications for travel made so far to establish the number of qualifying fans that have applied. We are also looking to source more aircraft to assist as many fans as possible.

We have been approached by the club to offer travel for supporters due to the difficult nature of travelling to the host city. As a result we will be offering day return flights to Kiev. These flights can be booked by season ticket holders and members that have purchased a ticket for the final directly from the club, season tickets and membership numbers will be needed at the time of booking and will need to be verified as we will be operating as the clubs official provider.

I've booked 2 seats on TC. One for me, one for my mate.

I'm guaranteed one. My group (around 4 people) are in the ballot but only 1 plans to attend who I've registered onto the TC trip.

So according to the club, he could get a ticket from the club (from another one in our group that qualify in the ballot) - I just hope TC see sense that yes it's not on his membership card but if they look into it they can see the genuine process that has taken place.

I hope they are not strict and say it has to be in your name because he would fall short. It says 'at the time of booking'. Well - at the time of booking - I've put in my mate's genuine membership number. He might not get one. Others might - and they will let him use theirs - but I've not entered theirs up front because we don't know who might get one in the ballot.

Not sure if I'm making sense here. But if you're allowed to enter the different membership on TC up front other than your own - you'd hope they'd accept a different one after the ballot. Surely?
I think they would if get in touch with them straight after ballot. I was thinking the same as a mate might come and while I have a guaranteed ticket we have 3 in ballot so if one of these comes out he will use it.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
There are only two teams in liverpool, liverpool and liverpool reserves.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: May 5, 2018, 11:08:24 am »
My mate is having a look at getting a private chartered flight. He reckons that we will need atleast 40 people but we can get it cheaper than Thomas Cook and the others.

I'll keep everyone updated on this - this isn't guaranteed but if we can sort it I reckon people will jump at the chance to get something cheaper.
Any word on this?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #452 on: May 5, 2018, 11:08:43 am »
Anyone on sports world had their booking confirmation through as yet?
"Nah nah nah, there's no rule book. Show me the rule book"

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: May 5, 2018, 11:13:11 am »
There's no way that they'll sell any of those for this final surely?

Seems a good way to save some money and just move?

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #454 on: May 5, 2018, 11:23:50 am »
Surely Thomas Cook will do their upmost to get enough flights on to cover demand, at £759 a seat they must be making a decent profit on everyone they sell.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: May 5, 2018, 11:27:14 am »
The fact that these day trips are being snapped up says it all about this venue and the nightmare it is to get there.

Unless you booked weeks ago, day trip is the most viable route remaining IMO... unless you fancy a 5 day coach trip  :o

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: May 5, 2018, 11:27:58 am »
You'd think but it's also Bank Holiday around there, school holidays, summer holidays, grand prix, all sorts going on, airport slots will be taken up fast as well. I'd imagine TC will only use their own planes? Others will have the option to use any I guess? But you'd think TC would be able to easily sort lots more what with them being an actual airline. I think they will.  I think they will release more around/after ballot.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: May 5, 2018, 11:29:23 am »
Someone's wife from Ukraine in the LFC Red Indians group on Facebook posted some tips, that may be useful.

1. To all those still looking for accommodation head over to www.dobovo.com (Ukrainian airBnB) they still have apartments and studios available for match night . Usually you can get a studio for £20 a night but already some are over ten times this but still cheaper than a hotel
2. Use uber in Kiev as normal taxi fares during the final will sky rocket
3. Don’t use public transport as Kiev is full of pick pockets (leave expensive watches etc at home)
4. Ever since the coup of 2014 there has been a rise of neo nazis but as always don’t travel alone and stick to the tourist areas
5. Potato is the national dish
YNWA.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #458 on: May 5, 2018, 11:29:27 am »
Get this. The champions league final in the past 22 years has been hosted in Western Europe (UK, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany) a total of 18 times.

So only 4 times since 1994 has the final been east of Germany. We've been to 3 of those finals!

It's almost like we feel we did our tour of Western Europe in the 1970s and 80s, so we need a further a field final to get us excited to be bothered to reach it hahaha.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #459 on: May 5, 2018, 11:31:17 am »
I have just found a photo of a restricted seat.

See attached

I’d sooner be vertically squashed in the Anny Road end!

Surely that can not be allowed.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #460 on: May 5, 2018, 11:32:02 am »
Get this. The champions league final in the past 22 years has been hosted in Western Europe (UK, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany) a total of 18 times.

So only 4 times since 1994 has the final been east of Germany. We've been to 3 of those finals!

It's almost like we feel we did our tour of Western Europe in the 1970s and 80s, so we need a further a field final to get us excited to be bothered to reach it hahaha.

Madrid for when we retain it next year.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #461 on: May 5, 2018, 11:36:44 am »
Someone's wife from Ukraine in the LFC Red Indians group on Facebook posted some tips, that may be useful.

1. To all those still looking for accommodation head over to www.dobovo.com (Ukrainian airBnB) they still have apartments and studios available for match night . Usually you can get a studio for £20 a night but already some are over ten times this but still cheaper than a hotel...

My eyes!!!

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline kopte4ever

• Main Stander
« Reply #462 on: May 5, 2018, 11:41:06 am »
I’d sooner be vertically squashed in the Anny Road end!

Surely that can not be allowed.

I’m hoping not allowed, but this is UEFA, I recon they will be sold and people just go down the aisles or go with others and squash

Offline sh04

• Boys Pen
  • We won it 5 times!!!!
« Reply #463 on: May 5, 2018, 11:43:00 am »
https://www.worldchoicesports.co.uk/uefa-champions-league-final

More flights available from Heathrow and Liverpool

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: May 5, 2018, 11:49:04 am »
My eyes!!!

Can just imagine a group of very big lads all crammed into this room on the Saturday night  ;D ;D

Having browsed AirBnB etc, a lot of these places in Ukraine have interesting decor...
« Last Edit: May 5, 2018, 11:50:40 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: May 5, 2018, 11:52:42 am »
Got a spare flight we booked back in February as we ended up booking a different route home.

Monday 28th, Kiev 12:05 - Lublin 12:25 (wizzair).

4 Seats at £60 each (£40 name change and £20 we originally paid). It's currently £136 so less than half price really

If anyone's interested drop me a message. Cheers

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #466 on: May 5, 2018, 12:11:09 pm »
So with Thomas Cook you can use someone elses membership card but as long as you put your details in when buying the ticket from the club you can get on the flight?
Have I understood that correctly?

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #467 on: May 5, 2018, 12:16:06 pm »
I'd probably just take that being honest. It's gettig beyond a joke now.

Booked it this morning, allez allez allez

Offline hkscally

• Boys Pen
« Reply #468 on: May 5, 2018, 12:18:59 pm »

1. To all those still looking for accommodation head over to www.dobovo.com (Ukrainian airBnB) they still have apartments and studios available for match night . Usually you can get a studio for £20 a night but already some are over ten times this but still cheaper than a hotel
2. Use uber in Kiev as normal taxi fares during the final will sky rocket
3. Don’t use public transport as Kiev is full of pick pockets (leave expensive watches etc at home)
4. Ever since the coup of 2014 there has been a rise of neo nazis but as always don’t travel alone and stick to the tourist areas
5. Potato is the national dish

Offline hkscally

• Boys Pen
« Reply #469 on: May 5, 2018, 12:20:23 pm »
Problem with Dobovo is you can book and confirm flat but unless landlord replies to make contact - which they aren’t - then it’s pointless

I emailed their customer service they said nothing they can do

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #470 on: May 5, 2018, 12:24:41 pm »
So with Thomas Cook you can use someone elses membership card but as long as you put your details in when buying the ticket from the club you can get on the flight?
Have I understood that correctly?

When you make the TC booking, you have to give them both the name and number of the ST/members card, and also the person travelling.

Then, when booking a ticket, the card holder needs to specify that the same named traveller will be using their card. That’s what I was told when booking anyway!

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #471 on: May 5, 2018, 12:35:59 pm »
When you make the TC booking, you have to give them both the name and number of the ST/members card, and also the person travelling.

Then, when booking a ticket, the card holder needs to specify that the same named traveller will be using their card. That’s what I was told when booking anyway!

Thanks

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #472 on: May 5, 2018, 01:28:12 pm »
The most annoying thing is I'm guaranteed a ticket but my dad but apart from TC people who aren't even getting a ticket are booking up the seats

Offline Jimbo

• Main Stander
  • Youll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #473 on: May 5, 2018, 01:29:44 pm »
This is the frustrating part. I’m guaranteed too and just want it booked.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: May 5, 2018, 01:40:36 pm »
I'm planning a day trip and constantly checking the Thomas Cook site.  I've yet to see it with anything other than "sold out" or "coming soon".  As there are at least 5000 fans that aren't guaranteed I thought they'd have loads of availability at this time.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #475 on: May 5, 2018, 01:44:03 pm »
This is the frustrating part. I’m guaranteed too and just want it booked.

You’ll get sorted easily, once the ballot results are out. It’s just you will have to do it the other way round. (Sort a flight after a match ticket)

Put it this way, I’d rather be in your shoes and guaranteed a match ticket and not sorted a flight yet  ;)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #476 on: May 5, 2018, 02:32:05 pm »
This might be a daft question but do you have to change your money back somehow before you leave, or spend it all? Will they check and take it off you at the airport if not? Just thinking how you could end up at the airport in the early hours with nowhere open to spend it or change it back.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline schoey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #477 on: May 5, 2018, 02:32:40 pm »
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2018/final/

"Where to stay
Kyiv is a major business hub as well as a tourist destination, ensuring there will be a wide range of overnight options for fans at the UEFA Champions League final."

Clearly they fucked up picking Kiev!

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #478 on: May 5, 2018, 02:54:04 pm »
This might be a daft question but do you have to change your money back somehow before you leave, or spend it all? Will they check and take it off you at the airport if not? Just thinking how you could end up at the airport in the early hours with nowhere open to spend it or change it back.

Honestly I would just use a credit card (a lot of credit cards have good rates when travelling) to make any purchases over there, and withdraw a bit of cash with debit card at a bank or at the airport when you land assuming you need to pay cash for transport to get to the city. Unless your bank is particularly harsh on international withdrawals you'll probably have to pay just a small fee (I think I pay 1% for example plus £1.50 or something for withdrawals). If you change money to euros and then change euros to UAH when you're over there you are going to lose far more money. Best thing I can say is try to plan what cash you will need as best you possibly can because I'm not sure if UK companies will take that currency back over here. And airport rates are always awful.

I know people have said above that cards get cloned over there blah blah but you'll be alright at one of the big bank chains, and at worst credit card fraud is normally easily resolved. I spent two months in Ukraine last year, didn't take any currency or euros or anything and got by fine with my cards. Always made sure I had two methods of payment in case anything happened to one card while I was there.

One last piece of advice I'd give is to let your bank know you're going there so they don't block your card at the first attempt of using it.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline kopte4ever

• Main Stander
« Reply #479 on: May 5, 2018, 03:21:11 pm »

I have read about convert your Pounds to either Euros or US Dollas, and change to Ukraine when at either a bank or airport, apparently the rates are not bad at airport unlike we have in UK. But would need to change it back before leaving. I'm just wondering if airport in Warsaw would change them as just over the border but unsure.

I think the suggestions of taking a couple of cards just in case and tell your bank.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2018, 04:16:29 pm by kopte4ever »