Author Topic: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'  (Read 110183 times)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'
« Reply #960 on: April 5, 2018, 09:56:14 am »
Just watched This is Anfield coverage of the fans last night on UTube and just loved it as that must have been the best atmosphere at a game under Klopp. Tremendous result and did what we had to do with aplomb. City looked the better side but couldnt really get at us and then we gave them a left, right and knockout punch that was stunning. Hats off to everyone for playing a part as to a man they gave everything excluding Karius who could have had a deck chair for the night ;) Kidding aside brilliant just absolutely brilliant by the team, management and fans. Well done!!!!
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #961 on: April 5, 2018, 09:58:17 am »
What are the city fans plotting for the 2nd leg? Massive bells? Giant bananas? Plastic flags?
Klopp must be fucking shitting it :D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: April 5, 2018, 10:00:18 am »
What are the city fans plotting for the 2nd leg? Massive bells? Giant bananas? Plastic flags?

Dressing up as blue plastic seats. ;D

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #963 on: April 5, 2018, 10:05:29 am »
ESPN on Guardiola...

Was his approach only a success with Barcelona because Lionel Messi was part of his team?
At Bayern Munich, with all the resources and strength that comes with
managing the German giants, Guardiola could not get beyond the semifinal stage
during his three years at the Allianz Arena.

And now at City, where he has spent almost £450 million on players
since arriving in the summer of 2016, Guardiola has a round-of-16 elimination against
Monaco on his CV and now a 3-0 quarterfinal first-leg defeat at Anfield.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: April 5, 2018, 10:05:33 am »
I swear that there used to be someone in the Kop with a big inflatable banana? Still there?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: April 5, 2018, 10:05:57 am »
Klopp's record against Guardiola is stunning. Is that 7 wins in 13 now? 
« Last Edit: April 5, 2018, 10:07:32 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #966 on: April 5, 2018, 10:08:12 am »
ESPN on Guardiola...

Was his approach only a success with Barcelona because Lionel Messi was part of his team?

since arriving in the summer of 2016, Guardiola has a round-of-16 elimination against

Was it that dog that injured Salah ??

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: April 5, 2018, 10:08:53 am »

I believe it's something like that, yeah. Long may it continue! ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: April 5, 2018, 10:10:04 am »
I believe it's something like that, yeah. Long may it continue! ;D

It's pretty incredible really, as he's not had a more talented squad than Guardiola in any of them.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: April 5, 2018, 10:10:53 am »
I swear that there used to be someone in the Kop with a big inflatable banana? Still there?

These being thrown onto the pitch.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: April 5, 2018, 10:15:49 am »
The mental gymnastics all over the internet today ;D apparently their offside goal should have stood since it was "more onside" than Salah, and there was a "stonewall penalty" denied for a Robertson deliberate handball that was so blatant nobody even noticed, no replays were played and no City player appealed .... ROBBED! UEFAPOOL!
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: April 5, 2018, 10:17:25 am »

Incredible record, and I don’t think we would of lost at City had Mane not been sent off so let’s erase that one from the records  ;D

I still can’t understand why Pep played Laporte at LB, who I can’t remember making a single overlapping run past Sane. I know he obviously wanted to leave Sane with 1v1 situations against TAA, but Sane is still a relatively inexperienced player himself in big games such as last nights, just seems strange to place so much trust in a single player. I guess the same can be said of Walker as well, they must of been instructed to sit back and avoid overlapping runs through fear of exposing the centre backs to the pace of Mane and Salah. Either way it didn’t work!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: April 5, 2018, 10:18:56 am »

Refunds on tickets and staying home.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #973 on: April 5, 2018, 10:20:19 am »
I'm a tad hungover this morning.  The dental hygienist wasn't too impressed! 

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: April 5, 2018, 10:20:49 am »
New Liverpool football tactics against Mourinho and his ilk.

Attack the bus before the game so they can't park it during.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #975 on: April 5, 2018, 10:31:12 am »
Incredible record, and I don’t think we would of lost at City had Mane not been sent off so let’s erase that one from the records  ;D

I still can’t understand why Pep played Laporte at LB, who I can’t remember making a single overlapping run past Sane. I know he obviously wanted to leave Sane with 1v1 situations against TAA, but Sane is still a relatively inexperienced player himself in big games such as last nights, just seems strange to place so much trust in a single player. I guess the same can be said of Walker as well, they must of been instructed to sit back and avoid overlapping runs through fear of exposing the centre backs to the pace of Mane and Salah. Either way it didn’t work!

They could have put anyone at left back or left midfield and it wouldn't have worked. Our game plan was executed perfectly.

Salah and Ox coming back in defense to help out TAA when City tried to overload. Milner and Henderson was stopping KDB and especially Silva from playing. I could not recall the last time Silva had such a bad game not even during that 4-3 at Anfield. He was literally taken out of the game.

They could throw the kitchen sink at us last night but it would have repelled and smashed Walker in his face.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: April 5, 2018, 10:31:33 am »
Sane's marginal offsides were still the right decision, technically. Salah was the only decision that anyone can really complain about and it was a fraction of half a yard offside near the half-way line. I can't take seriously City fans etc. blaming the officiating, though of course they're clawing for any excuse to explain being thrashed that hard ;D

They are so marginal done at speed which makes it difficult to blame any of the officials. It does, however, show that we get those decisions in Europe unlike domestically where there is a subliminal propensity to rule against us.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: April 5, 2018, 10:37:54 am »
Best bit is when Milner crosses the road.
just noticed that ;D

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #980 on: April 5, 2018, 10:40:04 am »
Did we win?
And in short, I was afraid

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #981 on: April 5, 2018, 10:41:08 am »
This is a very good point PoP and I know it's something we were talking about in PM with JCB - the correlations between certain stats and defensive performance and how some have actually no correlation at all (interceptions and tackles).

Klopp actually touched on this himself in his first answer in the post match presser:-

"Second Half I know that you all loved that - how we defended, no shot on target, very deep, concentrated, all that stuff. I like it as well but when we have the ball we have to play more football and that should be clear. We CAN do that so there is still space for a lot of improvement."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PII896zEdrc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PII896zEdrc</a>

One interesting thing tonight was the passing accuracy in our team. The front 3 were all 79-81 which is excellent. Robbo, Lovren & VVD were also 79-81. Chamberlain was 90% which is insane. Henderson is 82% which was good under the circumstances. Milner was just 60% and Trent was 64%.

In terms of clearances it is pretty much the same names who had the biggest impact on our failure to keep the ball. TAA had 10 - the highest in the back 4. Milner had 4, by far the biggest in the midfield line. Hendo just 1, Chamberlain 0. Mane was the only forward with 1.

TAA gets a free ride for me. His one job tonight was the shut down that side of the pitch and make Sane the quietest man on the pitch and he did that amazingly. Milner though was amazing defensively, even got an assist with a tackle, but was poor with the ball in general. Although I think in terms of movement, hum supporting Robbo and Mane on the left really helped us continually overload them there first half causing them all manner of problems.

Goddamn adore Klopp.

This match shows how he is capable of setting a team up. Fantastic intensity and organisation.

The fact City didn't have a shot on target is one of the great stats of the season.

Brilliant performance, and people have moaned and made valid criticisms of players like Milner, Hendo and Lovren in the past;
but you look at tonight and see how a Klopp team functions....at a fraction of the cost of Pep's troops.

What a great night, and as JK says, HALF-TIME, we have to fight again to get through
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: April 5, 2018, 10:41:54 am »
Reflecting on the result I'm really starting to appreciate that "nil" part of the scoreline.  I'm not alone in thinking we couldn't stop a full strength City side from scoring; and I can only assume they came looking for a score draw or narrow defeat to finish the job at their place.  What happened last night was completely unexpected for them.

It's not over by any means but it's ours to lose.  Need to get a goal and keep 11 men on the pitch.  I'm really expecting them to fight dirty in the return leg because they've figured by now we're the only team who can, man for man, give them a game.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: April 5, 2018, 10:44:39 am »
Finding work even harder than yesterday  ;D
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: April 5, 2018, 10:45:42 am »
Last night was pretty much the perfect performance. Clinical in attack in the first half, and a solid defensive unit second half (well, throughout the full 90 really). Thought the midfield 3 that started the game were amazing as well.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: April 5, 2018, 10:45:44 am »
Did we win?

25 page thread, so we must've lost ;)

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #986 on: April 5, 2018, 10:48:25 am »
The mental gymnastics all over the internet today ;D apparently their offside goal should have stood since it was "more onside" than Salah, and there was a "stonewall penalty" denied for a Robertson deliberate handball that was so blatant nobody even noticed, no replays were played and no City player appealed .... ROBBED! UEFAPOOL!

Just remind them how they won the league in 13=14 - If Sterling (of all people!) had been allowed to score rather than being given offside at their place (there was a City player about 10 feet behind him) that would had been 0-2 to us and I don't think they would have won that game. Even if a draw - they lose 2 points we gain 1 - we would have won the league.

Very tough to give an offside when you have one foot on the half way line as Salah did and the lino has to peg it down the field

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: April 5, 2018, 10:51:09 am »
There should be a minute of silence before kick-off next match because of what happened yesterday

Offline lapapa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #988 on: April 5, 2018, 10:51:13 am »
Absolutely beautiful

"Soccer is indeed more scientific now, more coolly professional, more dismissive of the intangible. Anfield, on one night only, offered a reminder that, sometimes, the chaos takes over, that everything is up for grabs, and that the obvious and the logical does not have to happen. That is why they gathered, hours before kickoff, where Arkles Road meets Anfield Road: to do all they could."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: April 5, 2018, 10:52:23 am »
Robertson was MOTM for me,
I agree, shouts for Trent and Milner are valid but Robertson was outstanding.

They all were really, and I've never been so grateful for a goalkeeper to just do basic stuff comfortably, confidently and competently before. He just seemed controlled in every aspect of his game.

Great stuff.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: April 5, 2018, 10:53:02 am »
About as close as we could've come to a perfect result today. Of course all is still to play for in the second leg but that is a stunning result. Made up for so many of these players; Dejan Lovren constantly derided & dismissed by so many, AOC ridiculed by opposition fans after an unremarkable debut substitute appearance & TAA, a young & talented player who's been under pressure recently following his mistake at Old Trafford. Clearly the togetherness of the squad forged by Klopp's leadership is taking us to levels we could've only dreamt about in previous seasons. And finally, credit to the supporters for making Anfield the fortress it is. Love you all.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: April 5, 2018, 10:58:54 am »
It's hard to think how any individual player could improve on that performance. Klopp said before the game city weren't perfect and that was impossible but last night I think pretty much every single one of our lads was bloody close to perfect. The only blemish was Hendo's yellow maybe. It was a game of two halves, but when both sections of the team were tested - defence/attack - no one was found wanting. Were devastating up top in the first half, measured and calm defensively in the second. The fans were outstanding. Drink this performance in, boys and girls, it's about as near to perfect as you'll get.

Whilst I agree all of the starting XI were excellent, options from the bench were a bit thin. Imagine if we had a top quality midfielder on there to come on and stroke the ball about with 20 left. We defended well, but fucking hell I never felt comfortable in that second half ;D

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #993 on: April 5, 2018, 11:02:08 am »
I agree, shouts for Trent and Milner are valid but Robertson was outstanding.

They all were really, and I've never been so grateful for a goalkeeper to just do basic stuff comfortably, confidently and competently before. He just seemed controlled in every aspect of his game.

Great stuff.

Aye Robbo was superb & if he scored after that lung busting run i think the roof would have come off.
I went for Trent Motm for a couple of reasons,his age/experience & facing Sane who is right up there with the worlds best this season.
Brilliant game from him,there wasn't a poor display from anyone last night..notable mentions to Mane & Lovren too who were quite outstanding.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #994 on: April 5, 2018, 11:04:30 am »
The police told us to be there...in fact...

Statement on change of route for team coaches ahead of Champions League quarter final
04 April 2018
A Merseyside Police spokesperson said: "Fans attending the Liverpool FC v Manchester City FC match on Wednesday, 4 April are advised the team coaches are not taking their usual route past the King Harry Pub.

"Due to building works and to ensure the safety of fans, they will instead travel along Arkles Lane, passing The Arkles pub before turning right onto Anfield Road."

Liverpool Football Club said: "Ensuring the health and safety of our fans and visitors is at the forefront of our all our procedures. The decision was therefore taken to re-direct the team coaches via a new route following guidance from Merseyside Police.

"The Club is working with the Police and other key stakeholders to provide a safe environment for those supporters who wish to welcome the team ahead of the match against Manchester City. We have taken additional steps to make sure the area is as safe and secure as possible, whilst working with local residents to ensure that they remain unaffected by any potential fan activity.

“We ask that any supporters who do wish to gather to show their passion and support for the team, do so in a friendly, respectful and considerate manner."

SO...bearing in mind that they knew there'd be a home crowd gathering ...and that they was another way into the ground passed the King Harry available why did they direct the City bus straight into that hostile crowd?

So it was the police, the club, building works - and any other excuse - rather than the daft twats who threw objects at the bus.

Just accept that a few dickheads acted like twats. Their whole life is probably dedicated to twatdom and they should be roundly fucked off, not passing the blame on to anyone else.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #995 on: April 5, 2018, 11:14:15 am »
So it was the police, the club, building works - and any other excuse - rather than the daft twats who threw objects at the bus.

Just accept that a few dickheads acted like twats. Their whole life is probably dedicated to twatdom and they should be roundly fucked off, not passing the blame on to anyone else.

Aye either that or they just got a bit caught up in the atmosphere and went over the top.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #996 on: April 5, 2018, 11:17:09 am »
Has anyone seen pictures of the city bus? And how bad the damage was? I'm not condoning it obviously, just some of the language used ['destroyed' etc. ] is pretty strong, am just interested to see what it looked like.

Guardiola also compared it to the bomb that went off by the Dortmund bus, so I think he might be over playing it a bit.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: April 5, 2018, 11:18:23 am »
Has anyone seen pictures of the city bus? And how bad the damage was? I'm not condoning it obviously, just some of the language used ['destroyed' etc. ] is pretty strong, am just interested to see what it looked like.

This is how utd, Ev and city fans describe it.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: April 5, 2018, 11:19:45 am »
ESPN on Guardiola...

Nonsense story / claim. Any attempt to belittle Guardiola's achievements are small minded. Sure- he has spent big and has had coached top teams and has had the best player in the world to rely on- his forward thinking and positive style of play should be endeared as he has taken the game to a different level and the proof is in the ultimate test in the league where consistency is key. In knock out football, anything can happen- any mistake by referee or player or poor start and you find yourself dumped out the cup. Argentina with Messi has yet to win a tournament.
The fact that Klopp has had the better of him speaks volumes of Klopp's ability as a coach who plays the game positively with a smaller budget to boot.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #999 on: April 5, 2018, 11:23:37 am »

Sadly ...dickheads are a fact of life, generally knowing that fact in all aspects of life enables you to plan to avoid said dickheads impacting on your life, love, enjoyment and happiness - and of those around you.
Particularly when you have this cabal of dickheads into the one place, it would be sensible for someone to realise to send the potential target of said cabal of dickheads - the other fucking way.

BTW did you enjoy the pyro throughout the evening...?