Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1487555 times)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Virgil Van Dijk - IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!
« Reply #9640 on: September 3, 2021, 11:35:14 am »
Anyway any time I see this thread title my heart sinks in case Virgil has succumbed to another injury. :o

Same here. Takes me back to the old Daniel Sturridge thread.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9641 on: September 3, 2021, 11:36:34 am »
Same here. Takes me back to the old Daniel Sturridge thread.

Or the Naby Keita thread - when will the angst and stress end?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9642 on: September 3, 2021, 11:38:50 am »
Or the Naby Keita thread - when will the angst and stress end?

haha yeah :-) Wonder if they are the same with the Phil Jones thread over in the Caf

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9643 on: September 3, 2021, 01:16:01 pm »
At the reported 800k a week wages Raiola is trying to get for him there's only two clubs he ends up at...

One when you consider Pep and Raiola hate each other.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9644 on: September 3, 2021, 01:18:52 pm »
One when you consider Pep and Raiola hate each other.

I'd already considered that. Madrid and PSG were the ones I was thinking of.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9645 on: September 3, 2021, 07:07:04 pm »
I'd already considered that. Madrid and PSG were the ones I was thinking of.
If Madrid gets Mbappe I dont think they add Haaland. They already paid like 100 mil for 3 super talented Young Brazilians two which are in the first team and looks like one is already pretty close to a start.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9646 on: September 5, 2021, 02:33:12 pm »
Didn’t play for Holland yesterday. Their next game is on Tuesday.

Seems to me like he’s not ready to be risked Wednesday-Saturday-Tuesday just yet.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9647 on: September 5, 2021, 02:42:00 pm »

Seems to me like he’s not ready to be risked Wednesday-Saturday-Tuesday just yet.
Good to see Van Gaal is being sensible and has the player’s interests at heart. Benefits of being a club manager for most of his long career I suppose.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9648 on: September 5, 2021, 05:53:58 pm »

Klopp stated a couple of weeks ago that after such a long injury, Van Dijk, shouldn't be playing 3 games a week yet. If he starts on Tuesday for Netherlands, it'll be interesting to see whether Klopp rests him for the Leeds game the following Sunday or the AC Milan game on the Wednesday after that.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2021, 05:56:01 pm by HardworkDedication »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9649 on: September 5, 2021, 06:07:45 pm »
Klopp stated a couple of weeks ago that after such a long injury, Van Dijk, shouldn't be playing 3 games a week yet. If he starts on Tuesday for Netherlands, it'll be interesting to see whether Klopp rests him for the Leeds game the following Sunday or the AC Milan game on the Wednesday after that.

Gomez and Matip must be in the same boat as well. Given we'll be playing Saturday-Tuesday from next week onwards that's a lot of rotation.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9650 on: September 5, 2021, 09:00:07 pm »
They didn't actually that have many. That video was one example, there was another when Van Dijk won a header off a corner against Haaland. I watched the game and the Dutch dominated, Haaland basically got very little service.

Van Dijk looked good in the game but Haaland is pretty incredible. Was hardly involved but the second that there was an attack his movement was absolutely brilliant. He hit the post with another shot and should have scored.

Once Lewandowski shows some level of drop off, this guy is going to be by quite a big distance the best striker in world football.
Sounds like he isn't clinical enough for us 😃
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #9651 on: September 5, 2021, 09:17:11 pm »
Gomez and Matip must be in the same boat as well. Given we'll be playing Saturday-Tuesday from next week onwards that's a lot of rotation.
I'd imagine so, I think all of our CB's have questions over their durability at the moment so I'm certain we'll see some rotation. I wouldn't mind seeing Gomez/Konate versus Leeds and Virgil/Matip against AC Milan.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #9652 on: September 5, 2021, 09:24:12 pm »
I'd imagine so, I think all of our CB's have questions over their durability at the moment so I'm certain we'll see some rotation. I wouldn't mind seeing Gomez/Konate versus Leeds and Virgil/Matip against AC Milan.

If Jurgen does go down that root, I think it will be the other way round. AC are shite and will be more than happy with a draw at Anfield. Elland Road will be rocking on Sunday with the reds in town. No place for a league debut in my opinion
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9653 on: September 5, 2021, 09:43:20 pm »
If Jurgen does go down that root, I think it will be the other way round. AC are shite and will be more than happy with a draw at Anfield. Elland Road will be rocking on Sunday with the reds in town. No place for a league debut in my opinion

I've had a fixation that we're playing Inter. :D

That loss in 1965 is still hurting.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9654 on: September 5, 2021, 09:56:50 pm »
I hate it when players threads get bumped during international breaks.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9655 on: September 5, 2021, 10:00:48 pm »
Probably Milan so he can get 2 out of 4 games. Tuesday-Sunday recovering is fine for Virgil. Sunday to Wed is very quick turnaround same with Wed to sat. Would make most sense to go Tuesday to Sunday then Sunday to Saturday. Virgil not playing in the EFL Cup. First two CL games are Milan at home then away to Porto probably not the worst time to give Gomez and/or Konate minutes there. At some point in the season he will be able to 3 games a week just not at this point.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2021, 10:03:21 pm by RedG13 »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #9656 on: September 5, 2021, 10:58:16 pm »
I've had a fixation that we're playing Inter. :D

That loss in 1965 is still hurting.

The European Cup that was stolen from us. Cheated. Robbed.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9657 on: September 6, 2021, 03:02:34 am »
Haaland isn't lightning over 5-10 yards like Salah or Mane, but he's one of those players that absolutely motors the further he runs.  His top speed will be crazy.

He's also no slouch over that 5-10.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9658 on: September 6, 2021, 06:48:07 am »
How useful is top speed against a packed defence?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #9659 on: September 6, 2021, 12:09:34 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gomez and Matip start together against Leeds and VvD and Konate start together against Milan (or some variation of this).

With us going to 3 games over 7 or 8 days I think we'll start to see a fair bit of rotation at the centre back position. I'm not sure Gomez, Matip or VvD could play 3 games over that period. May even see the odd Phillips start in the league and league cup.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9660 on: September 7, 2021, 05:41:07 am »
I wouldn't be surprised to see Gomez and Matip start together against Leeds and VvD and Konate start together against Milan (or some variation of this).

With us going to 3 games over 7 or 8 days I think we'll start to see a fair bit of rotation at the centre back position. I'm not sure Gomez, Matip or VvD could play 3 games over that period. May even see the odd Phillips start in the league and league cup.
4 games in 10 day with the league cup as the last one. Im guessing Virgil will play the 2 league games. Other 2 not sure but I would expect rotation at CB vs Milan of at least 1 Cb. I think Virgil playing 2 games instead of 1 out of 4 would be ideal. He been playing 1 game a week if he missing the first 2 at min CL game for coming back from ACL and better long term then that Smart.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9661 on: September 7, 2021, 09:35:41 pm »
virgil down...

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #9662 on: September 7, 2021, 09:40:11 pm »
Did he get a knock at the end?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9663 on: September 7, 2021, 09:50:13 pm »
Just said on SkySports he went off injured at the end, is it just a knock?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9664 on: September 7, 2021, 09:55:12 pm »
I hate it when players threads get bumped during international breaks.
Was thinking that before I clicked the thread and then I see the latest posts.. ffs

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9665 on: September 7, 2021, 09:55:42 pm »
What kind of knock?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9666 on: September 7, 2021, 10:00:31 pm »
Ankle knock/injury after a tackle

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9667 on: September 7, 2021, 10:03:03 pm »
Why didn't they take him off earlier? They were 4-0 up for hell's sake.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9668 on: September 7, 2021, 10:04:22 pm »
Neil Jones Retweeted
𝐀𝐅𝐂 𝐀𝐉𝐀𝐗 💎
@TheEuropeanLad
·
16m
Van Dijk: “I’m fine, luckily. I’m already over it.”
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9669 on: September 7, 2021, 10:04:30 pm »
Virgil van Dijk is naturally very satisfied with the very large victory of the Orange against Turkey (6-1). The captain of the Dutch national team had to deal with an unfortunate pass from Justin Bijlow in the final phase and was unable to prevent a goal from Cengiz Ünder. Van Dijk was hit hard on the ankle at that moment, but did not sustain an injury, he explains to NOS afterwards .

"It's not that bad, luckily," said Van Dijk. "Obviously it was a ball that was a little too soft. Maybe it has to do with concentration. I already had a yellow card, so I'm not going in completely. But he hit me nicely on my ankle. Maybe because I'm so big they think I'm starting to get upset because then I fall, but then it looks a little sluggish."

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp%3Fuid%3D393512&prev=search&pto=aue
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9670 on: September 7, 2021, 10:05:33 pm »
Why didn't they take him off earlier? They were 4-0 up for hell's sake.

Cause they're gobshites.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9671 on: September 7, 2021, 10:10:28 pm »
Despise international managers. What’s the point in Klopp being cautious if some twat will make his players do multiple full games in the space of a week?

Glad he’s okay.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9672 on: September 7, 2021, 10:14:51 pm »
Despise international managers. What’s the point in Klopp being cautious if some twat will make his players do multiple full games in the space of a week?

Glad he’s okay.

Van Gaal has looked after him more than some would. He played Wednesday and Tuesday in their 2 hardest matches. That's not bad at all.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9673 on: September 7, 2021, 10:18:17 pm »
What a thunderc*nt Van Gaal is.

International managers have massive egos, seems to be our club that gets the brunt of their egotistical arrogance for some reason.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #9674 on: September 7, 2021, 10:22:27 pm »
Van Gaal has looked after him more than some would. He played Wednesday and Tuesday in their 2 hardest matches. That's not bad at all.

Van Gaal or whoever, are caught between a rock and a hard place, as International managers.

Bald truth is that there’s always been a conflict between ‘club v country’, and given the seemingly insatiable greed of FIFA and UEFA, and the impossible demands on today’s players, it’s only going to become more problematic.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9675 on: September 7, 2021, 10:25:21 pm »
Can’t blame van gal for this. He was rested last game and I’m sure there were more deserving players in midfield and attack when it comes to being subbed after pummelling the opposition.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9676 on: September 7, 2021, 10:27:11 pm »

Exactly they had 3 matches and Van Dijk was rested for the middle one.

He is their best player by a country mile, a lot of coaches would have played him in all three.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9677 on: September 7, 2021, 10:32:11 pm »
Van Gaal or whoever, are caught between a rock and a hard place, as International managers.

Bald truth is that there’s always been a conflict between ‘club v country’, and given the seemingly insatiable greed of FIFA and UEFA, and the impossible demands on today’s players, it’s only going to become more problematic.

Van Gaal did ok with Virgil until that moment and as he says - Dutch had match under control Turkey had    Söyüncü (Dismissed at44'  for 2nd yellow) and they were 3-0 down at that stage. Dutch went 5-0 up at 80 mins. and Turkey hardly had a shot on target all game - 2 and they scored  from the player catching Virgil after poor pass from Keeperin 90+2. Van Gaal could have played another CB - but he had used up his 5 subs and Dutch were in total control.

van Dijk says it was nothing and walked around the field after the match. More worried  waht Brazil FA throw at us for leeds and CL matches - we could lose Alisson and Fabinho for both those matches, status (physical/mental) of Naby and when he arrives back and also Hendo and Trent - that will both probably not be good enough for England team tomorrow which is fine in my book.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9678 on: September 7, 2021, 10:34:12 pm »
Van Gaal did ok with Virgil until that moment and as he says - Dutch had match under control Turkey had    Söyüncü (Dismissed at44'  for 2nd yellow) and they were 3-0 down at that stage. Dutch went 5-0 up at 80 mins. and Turkey hardly had a shot on target all game - 2 and they scored  from the player catching Virgil after poor pass from Keeperin 90+2. Van Gaal could have played another CB - but he had used up his 5 subs and Dutch were in total control.

van Dijk says it was nothing and walked around the field after the match. More worried  waht Brazil FA throw at us for leeds and CL matches - we could lose Alisson and Fabinho for both those matches, status (physical/mental) of Naby and when he arrives back and also Hendo and Trent - that will both probably not be good enough for England team tomorrow which is fine in my book.

Henderson,Thiago  and Ox should be available at the very least, not including Jones and Ox [Eliott is a doubt].

We got more than enough quality to deal with this.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9679 on: September 7, 2021, 10:40:19 pm »

I am pretty sure that FIFA can only stop Ali and Fab playing the Leeds game as the CL games are under the jurisdiction of UEFA. Even if they are missing then Raphinha will also miss the game for Leeds.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2021, 10:43:23 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"