Author Topic: FT Liverpool (3) - Southampton (0) - Mo 30' 41' Phil 68'  (Read 40533 times)

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: FT Liverpool (3) - Southampton (0) - Mo 30' 41' Phil 68'
« Reply #320 on: November 18, 2017, 08:27:32 pm »
I think Klopp has learnt his lesson, he used the Huddersfield and Marabor games to trial a new system for away games where one of the full backs stays at home and tucks in to give a bit of protection, almost playing three centre backs. We used it against West Ham and it seemed to help.

Gomez will be vital in these games. We don't need both full backs bombing forward when we're away. Our forwards can create and score on their own so we don't need to leave ourselves exposed.
I hope so; 0 clean sheets away, 5 at home in the league. We need to get the away goals down to 1 per game on average from here on out. Do that and we will storm up the table.

On another note; quite happy with the bench today. Sturridge, Milner, Ox and Can with Lallana to come back and Clyne (eventually). Then we have Keita to come next season. There is the makings of a very good side here; a few things left to fix for Klopp but he is going in the right direction.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:29:58 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #321 on: November 18, 2017, 08:31:10 pm »
E.M.P.H.A.T.I.C.

Salah is a joy to watch. When he gets going, his legs look like the Roadrunner's.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #322 on: November 18, 2017, 08:34:56 pm »
Buzzing with that today, honestly thought they’d come and grind out a draw. Let’s hope we can keep this momentum going.

The bench is starting to look very strong all of a sudden.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #323 on: November 18, 2017, 08:43:11 pm »
My word....Mo's a gem and no mistake....

great to relax toward the end of a game and with all fingernails still at the same length as when I entered the ground..

encouraged by Van Dyke's head shaking and general frustration...too good for them and he'll want out of there pronto
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #324 on: November 18, 2017, 09:24:48 pm »
Way to go...'Mo'...  :scarf
Somebody posted a pic of 'Chrissy' from 'Boys from the blackstuff'... saying his dad be proud.  :lmao
Tickled me..  :wave

google it if your too young to know..  8)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: November 18, 2017, 09:31:51 pm »
3-0! After last season, when we couldn’t score against them, I expected a tough game. Once we scored, it felt like game over. We were in control and could/should have scored more goals. Really pleased with the way we just held on to the ball, remained active, but without risking anything. A solid performance. We have won another one of those must win games and things are looking quite bright. Let’s keep the momentum.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Len1

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #326 on: November 18, 2017, 09:39:06 pm »
When the team was announced, the front 6 looked sumptuous, the back 5 a worry.

The performance and result were excellent. How nice is it to sit back and enjoy the last quarter of games. Mignolet still managed to make some strange decisions - he's regressed from the player that finished last season. Moreno continues to impress. I keep half expecting him to do something crazy, but we may have found our solution to left back - need to get his contract sorted before the summer. We may now be in a position where full back positions are sorted for a number of years.

I thought Henderson did a good job of squashing counter attacks and kept things ticking over. Gini - who knows, but we play better when he's there.  The front 3 and Coutinho will score us more goals than we concede, if we can keep them fit.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #327 on: November 18, 2017, 09:41:37 pm »
can't you read? or are you being obtuse? you know "contender" doesn't mean MOTM right?

We won. Why get cranky like soneone pissed in your cornflakes?

I was responding to someone else who had originally claimed Henderson was MOTM. Give it a read yourself my fellow red.

This was an excellentteam display. Even the subs contributed. Picking a Man of the Match is a bit ridiculous. The pressing and passing that went into Salah’s goals were great team moments.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #328 on: November 18, 2017, 09:43:16 pm »
just seemed so easy today. due to the players being more relaxed because of the run were on and the crowd weren't moaning and groaning at every misplaced pass ( bar the captain getting stick for keeping the ball!) salah was superb, mane and firmino worked hard and must be a nightmare to play against. coutinho oozed class and wijnaldum was everywhere. the atmosphere surprised me a little as I was expecting another Huddersfield, but YNWA apart I thought it wasn't bad, could here the solsbury hill tune and gary macca song clearly.  finally, mike jones really challenged jon moss today as biggest twat to officiate one of our games, from the pedantic and pathetic re taking of a goal kick to the shitty schoolmaster act to the bemusing free kicks( you know a ref is crap when both sets of players have no idea what hes given a foul for) to constantly allowing Southampton players to pull us back with no punishment till about the 80th minute. an embarrassing abject display from him.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2017, 09:43:16 pm »
When the team was announced, the front 6 looked sumptuous, the back 5 a worry.

The performance and result were excellent. How nice is it to sit back and enjoy the last quarter of games. Mignolet still managed to make some strange decisions - he's regressed from the player that finished last season. Moreno continues to impress. I keep half expecting him to do something crazy, but we may have found our solution to left back - need to get his contract sorted before the summer. We may now be in a position where full back positions are sorted for a number of years.

I thought Henderson did a good job of squashing counter attacks and kept things ticking over. Gini - who knows, but we play better when he's there.  The front 3 and Coutinho will score us more goals than we concede, if we can keep them fit.
Why do you feel the urge to comment on Mignolet's performance, when he did nothing wrong and had nothing to save?
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #330 on: November 18, 2017, 09:43:23 pm »
Only nine pages?
Did we win or something?  :o
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #331 on: November 18, 2017, 09:43:56 pm »
Every time along gets near the penalty area he starts looking for a player to hang a leg at. He won a free kick today where again he trailed his leg into a player. I have never seen a player hit the turf so easily.

He would rather fall than shoot. Yet, he always finds a club to play for.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: November 18, 2017, 09:48:02 pm »
Only nine pages?
Did we win or something?  :o

Was just about to right the same,  Just shows that we are all to ready to criticise but not to praise.    All in all a solid performance against a poor unadventurous team.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #333 on: November 18, 2017, 09:54:31 pm »
Didn't go today watch or listen. Besides the scoreline how did we look? Did they test us at all?
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Len1

• Main Stander
« Reply #334 on: November 18, 2017, 09:54:40 pm »
Why do you feel the urge to comment on Mignolet's performance, when he did nothing wrong and had nothing to save?

He nearly messed up, when he tried that drag back. Hesitated on his line, but just managed to make a clearance from an on rushing attacker and there was a strange punch away - this was in a game where he had little to do. It wasn't the performance of a commanding gk - it rarely is, but if the front 6 continue their form, hopefully it won't matter.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #335 on: November 18, 2017, 10:06:51 pm »
Was just about to right the same,  Just shows that we are all to ready to criticise but not to praise.    All in all a solid performance against a poor unadventurous team.
These comments get very boring when there’s not more posts after a win.

It’s natural there’s  more to discuss after a loss, Who was at fault for the goals, tactics, team selection, substitutions etc etc

There’s much less to discuss after a win, especially a comfortable win with a clean sheet.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2017, 10:19:19 pm »
Great win today. Was at the game albeit with no voice due to a near crippling bout of man flu!

Mo Salah. Top 10 player in the world this week, for mine. A very special talent indeed. During the warm-up he potted three identical to the goal he scored.

Thought Coutinho was fantastic too.

Special mention to Dejan Lovren. Copped a lot of stick from their lot but made several important interventions.

Also thought Klavan was decent. He's been rather dependable these past four games.

Onwards and upwards.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #337 on: November 18, 2017, 10:22:59 pm »
Hope you're all enjoying the evening as best you can too. Phil's ball to put Salah in was my highlight. Nice to have 3 points, and nice to do it with the opposition deciding that after 60 minutes of playing us that they'd quite like to keep the scoreline down.

Onwards, upwards, and we're a bonkers sort of team this season. Consistency in results and performances clicks in and we'll have a good one.

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: November 18, 2017, 10:39:38 pm »
Hope you're all enjoying the evening as best you can too. Phil's ball to put Salah in was my highlight. Nice to have 3 points, and nice to do it with the opposition deciding that after 60 minutes of playing us that they'd quite like to keep the scoreline down.

Onwards, upwards, and we're a bonkers sort of team this season. Consistency in results and performances clicks in and we'll have a good one.

That was an amazing pass and effortless as well. Also, having seen it a few times its not an obvious pass either.

Its one of the best disguised/not obvious passes ive seen in the past couple of seasons, up there with the ball De Bruyne played to Silva for the Sterling chance last season and Firmino for Coutinho’s tap in against City.

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: November 18, 2017, 10:45:38 pm »
Their scouting team deserves a lot of credit, very very good at identifying and signing defenders, VVD, Alderweireld (loan) , Bertrand and now Hoedt, all relatively cheap too.

Hoedt has been rubbish this season, and, whilst its opinions and all that, was poor today, particularly for the 2nd goal
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #340 on: November 18, 2017, 10:47:29 pm »
Salah is awesome. Putting together a nice, professional run of wins at the moment. Well done, lads.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #341 on: November 18, 2017, 10:59:30 pm »
Good run out.

Anyone else think VVD was in no man's land for our 2nd? What was he doing?

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #342 on: November 18, 2017, 11:00:41 pm »
After the way we played against them last season,  I did fear another draw, but boy were my fears misplaced. Great to score 3 goals and keep a clean sheet.  Helps bump up the goal diff. 
This is one hell of a team Kloppo is slowly building here.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: November 18, 2017, 11:14:42 pm »
Good run out.

Think he was going for Firmino. 

Also quite funny when Lovren hacked him down haha. Careful Dejan now  ;)

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #344 on: November 18, 2017, 11:18:46 pm »
That ball from Phil for Mo’s 2nd goal should be illegal.

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Out of darkness cometh light
« Reply #345 on: November 18, 2017, 11:24:11 pm »
Think he was going for Firmino. 

Also quite funny when Lovren hacked him down haha. Careful Dejan now  ;)
Hendo did the same thing and went straight to apologise and brough him up. He didn’t want to break Daddy’s shiny new toy  ;D
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog you must stick together" - Bob Paisley

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: November 18, 2017, 11:25:03 pm »
Good run out.

He threw his hands up on the first before it even hit the net - haha.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:35:23 pm by newterp »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: November 18, 2017, 11:31:08 pm »
Jaysus. I know Mane is quick and must be an absolute pain in the arse to mark, but throw in he's lightning off the mark and is equally comfortable going on either side, I'd boot the fucker into the air if I was up against him.  So so important to how we want to play.
Salah, his runs are absolutely phenominal.
Lovren laid a marker down with big V too I see  ;)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: November 18, 2017, 11:31:55 pm »
Seeming VVD do that on the second goal. Can't help but think if Lovren did that people would be losing it. Rightly so. £70m my arse. Give them £40m max now.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #349 on: November 18, 2017, 11:39:51 pm »
Good run out.

He was trying to mark Firminho. He'd just tackled him on the edge of the box. Firminho went for a walk, pulling VVD with him, Salah spotted the space and let Coutinho know he was making the run. Like KH says up there, was a magnificent disguised ball which took advantage of it.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: November 18, 2017, 11:42:59 pm »
We won. Why get cranky like soneone pissed in your cornflakes?

I was responding to someone else who had originally claimed Henderson was MOTM. Give it a read yourself my fellow red.

This was an excellentteam display. Even the subs contributed. Picking a Man of the Match is a bit ridiculous. The pressing and passing that went into Salah’s goals were great team moments.

Sort of how I took your post, making out like Henderson was constantly messing up counter attacks which was obviously not the case. Thought your criticism might have been agenda driven, as a lot of the more unreasonable criticism of Henderson is.

I don't really give a shite about who's MOTM, but I don't think the idea he was MOTM was as crazy as you made out. Especially if the guy rules out Salah cos he only wants to give it to someone who played 90 minutes.

Seems we mostly agree though, and are both happy with the win today. Have a nice rest of the weekend!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: November 18, 2017, 11:44:02 pm »
encouraged by Van Dyke's head shaking and general frustration...too good for them and he'll want out of there pronto

True, and to be fair he defended the second like he was playing for us at Wembley

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: November 18, 2017, 11:44:22 pm »
Hendo did the same thing and went straight to apologise and brough him up. He didn’t want to break Daddy’s shiny new toy  ;D

Yeah that was pretty funny  ;D

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: November 18, 2017, 11:51:13 pm »

That was an amazing pass and effortless as well. Also, having seen it a few times its not an obvious pass either.

Its one of the best disguised/not obvious passes ive seen in the past couple of seasons, up there with the ball De Bruyne played to Silva for the Sterling chance last season and Firmino for Coutinho’s tap in against City.

Yeah, it looks like a futsal/beach football kind of pass. Don't think anyone else would/could have played it

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2017, 12:04:15 am »

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2017, 12:06:42 am »
Well in Reds, again.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: November 19, 2017, 12:15:37 am »
Seeming VVD do that on the second goal. Can't help but think if Lovren did that people would be losing it. Rightly so. £70m my arse. Give them £40m max now.
I think the fact the VVD plays for Southampton & we scored a goal had a bearing on that.

Of course LFC fans dont care if VVD makes a mistake rather than Lovren.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #357 on: November 19, 2017, 12:49:34 am »
On that second goal, I'd be going mad that no-one in midfield had latched onto Firminho meaning one of the central defenders was trying to do two jobs. VVD doesn't win if he lets Firminho go right from the off either - it just means Firminho's free on the edge of the penalty area. Would seem irrational not to look at why VVD felt he had to do something before getting mad. Southampton had problems with what they were doing as a team today.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: November 19, 2017, 01:02:43 am »
Only saw the highlights on MOTD but we looked great. Was really impressed with the pressing too, it's what led directly to the first. That's four games in a row now with three-goal winning margins, hopefully we can carry the form through to Sevilla on Tuesday.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: November 19, 2017, 01:19:38 am »
Salah will have to knock in a few OGs agianst Chelsea to lose the Barclay's Player of the Month award for November.