Author Topic: Liverpool 1 V 1 Burnley (Arfield, Salah)  (Read 74981 times)

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1 V 1 Burnley (Arfield, Salah)
« Reply #1440 on: September 17, 2017, 08:29:14 pm »
We've conceded eight goals in our two away games so far........
Certainly not  champion material.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Tooter

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1441 on: September 17, 2017, 08:41:29 pm »
We've got massive problems at the moment, a shot to goal ratio of 12.5% (needs to be around 20%) and a defense that's so far conceded only 1 less than the worst defense in the league. So whilst many will point to the defense being the only problem, we also desperately need to add a natural goal scorer (we can rely on) to the squad. Every side playing for a top place needs a goal machine up front, which is the reason Chelsea will not win the league this year, and why the top 3 will end up in a mix of Utd, City and Spurs. Its the reason why we almost succeeded a couple of years ago, and the reason why we'll struggle to retain the top 4 this season.

Offline Art of Lies

• The anime Effes. RAWK never forgets the tentacles.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1442 on: September 17, 2017, 08:43:11 pm »
1. Lack of any decent winger - We got Mane in.
2. Lack of pace outside of Mane - Got Salah in.
3. Lack of goalscoring and shit attacking play at the end of Brendan's tenure - Clearly we're far better going forward now.
4. Need better central midfielders - Moved Lallana down there, improved Henderson and Can, and now signed Keita and Ox.
5. At a club recruitment level, discord between the manager and "transfer committee" - Clearly, that has been solved and the manager is working with Michael Edwards' team.

Those are the ones off the top of my head. We've clearly adopted a strategy of keeping the powder dry to do better over the long run. A bit like what Spurs have been doing recently. I'm not suggesting we're perfect, but clearly, we've identified and addressed issues since Klopp got the job.

The lack of leadership thing is a red herring. People moaned about Gerrard's leadership or lack thereof when he was the captain. Now that he's gone, he's turned into a demi-God of a leader.

As for Mig in goal, we went out and signed Karius and played him straight up. He clearly wasn't ready and Mig won his place back. Are you suggesting that we need to go out and buy another keeper? That's fine for you to say but clearly Klopp and co rate Karius very highly. Hell, most goalkeeping experts seem to rate him very highly. Maybe he'll turn out to be garbage and that solution won't address our goalkeeping problem at all, but it's clear evidence that we can identify issues and at least attempt to rectify them. Not all of those attempts work, but on the whole, our success rate isn't the worst and I think we're doing okay in being less risk-averse in the short term but for greater long-term benefit.

This!

Although for nr. 4 you forgot Wijnaldum, 33 league starts last season, 6 goals, 9 assists.
'If I had known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.'

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1443 on: September 17, 2017, 08:50:00 pm »
1. Lack of any decent winger - We got Mane in.
2. Lack of pace outside of Mane - Got Salah in.
3. Lack of goalscoring and shit attacking play at the end of Brendan's tenure - Clearly we're far better going forward now.
4. Need better central midfielders - Moved Lallana down there, improved Henderson and Can, and now signed Keita and Ox.
5. At a club recruitment level, discord between the manager and "transfer committee" - Clearly, that has been solved and the manager is working with Michael Edwards' team.

Those are the ones off the top of my head. We've clearly adopted a strategy of keeping the powder dry to do better over the long run. A bit like what Spurs have been doing recently. I'm not suggesting we're perfect, but clearly, we've identified and addressed issues since Klopp got the job.

The lack of leadership thing is a red herring. People moaned about Gerrard's leadership or lack thereof when he was the captain. Now that he's gone, he's turned into a demi-God of a leader.

As for Mig in goal, we went out and signed Karius and played him straight up. He clearly wasn't ready and Mig won his place back. Are you suggesting that we need to go out and buy another keeper? That's fine for you to say but clearly Klopp and co rate Karius very highly. Hell, most goalkeeping experts seem to rate him very highly. Maybe he'll turn out to be garbage and that solution won't address our goalkeeping problem at all, but it's clear evidence that we can identify issues and at least attempt to rectify them. Not all of those attempts work, but on the whole, our success rate isn't the worst and I think we're doing okay in being less risk-averse in the short term but for greater long-term benefit.

Agree surprisingly with most of these points, except leadership and communication in the back does appear to be more than a red herring.

Its been a shite week in the woulda shoulda coulda category --- most of the bitching bemoans that we could have drawn at City if Salah finishes and Mane does not see red.   Second, we dominate Sevilla but only get a draw against a team that likes to play and to boot we get another home draw ----  fulfilling the prophecy of conceding stupid soft goals and being wasteful in front of our goal.

Our next week won't be like this one, again.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1444 on: September 17, 2017, 10:10:37 pm »
missed it again because of work ... someone sum it up for me please
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1445 on: September 17, 2017, 10:13:41 pm »

Just watch any FA Cup tie against lower league opposition that we didn't win
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1446 on: September 17, 2017, 10:34:53 pm »
Certainly not  champion material.

Because you can tell that in September when Newcastle and Huddersfield are riding high after five games of 38. ::)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1447 on: September 17, 2017, 10:48:33 pm »
Just watch any FA Cup tie against lower league opposition that we didn't win

Haha, Burnley are that shit to watch, you're not wrong. Kind of makes it all the more galling though.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1448 on: September 17, 2017, 11:26:00 pm »

Think back to any game against a parked bus team in the last decade or so and you'll get the gist.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #1449 on: September 17, 2017, 11:53:55 pm »
Firmino on a wing is not optimal. I barely noticed him playing.
Salah making some bad decisions, especially taking some bad shots.
We were decent. 2-1 on another day.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1450 on: September 18, 2017, 12:37:56 am »
One of those days. Burnley were excellent defensively and although on another day we could have scored more. They have to take credit.

The main criticism is conceding a soft goal again. We really do need to cut that out.

To put perspective on things, other than City and United, our rivals aren't much better off. Spurs drew with Burnley and Swansea. Chelsea lost to Burnley and drew at home with Arsenal. Arsenal got battered by ourselves, got beat by Stoke and dropped points today. So it's far from panic stations right now like some seem to suggest. We've got to sort out our defensive issues of course but after a couple weeks of struggling, we're not off the pace. We just need to get back to winning ways in the league soon.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1451 on: September 18, 2017, 07:16:33 am »
The lack of communication and leadership is costing us dearly at the moment. There is just zero confidence in our ability to defend with agression and smartness.

For an example on saturday around 80 minute mark, Can and Klavan jumped for the same cross or throw in with no Burnly player in sight, Mignolet was stand and watching the situation only 3 meter behind them. It resulted in a corner for Burnley, no one communicated any anything, there is no situational awareness. Mignolet had the full overview and should have screamed for them to leave, so he could easily collect it.

Its just shambles at the moment! And for me there is too many changes at the moment

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1452 on: September 18, 2017, 07:21:19 am »
The lack of communication and leadership is costing us dearly at the moment. There is just zero confidence in our ability to defend with agression and smartness.

For an example on saturday around 80 minute mark, Can and Klavan jumped for the same cross or throw in with no Burnly player in sight, Mignolet was stand and watching the situation only 3 meter behind them. It resulted in a corner for Burnley, no one communicated any anything, there is no situational awareness. Mignolet had the full overview and should have screamed for them to leave, so he could easily collect it.

Its just shambles at the moment! And for me there is too many changes at the moment

Can got bollocked by everyone for that so I presume Klavan shouted for it but Can ignored it?

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1453 on: September 18, 2017, 07:41:59 am »
Can got bollocked by everyone for that so I presume Klavan shouted for it but Can ignored it?

Maybe, but the lack of communication and execution based on that is just no existing. Their goal is the same, Matip and Klavan going for the same ball.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1454 on: September 18, 2017, 08:15:43 am »
Maybe, but the lack of communication and execution based on that is just no existing. Their goal is the same, Matip and Klavan going for the same ball.

Some situations don't need communication if players are switched on and make the right decision. A situation like that shouldn't need anyonr vocally claim the ball. Klavan has no business going for it.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1455 on: September 18, 2017, 09:03:19 am »
Klopp's admission that he has no Plan B or C and his seeming inability to solve the defensive mess that we have, are very troubling. While the tactical naivete with one man down against the attacking power of City is more redolent of the amateurishness that Rodgers displayed in setting up his team against Chelsea which led to us losing the race for the Premiership.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1456 on: September 18, 2017, 09:08:25 am »
Aye Firmino was largely anonymous.

Offline MihawkLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Meh.
« Reply #1457 on: September 18, 2017, 09:08:35 am »
Are people in here really moaning about Klopp?
get a fucking grip lads. if we finished 7th, didnt win a cup and didnt make the group stages of the CL then you can moan. Get behind the man.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1458 on: September 18, 2017, 09:29:17 am »
Klopp's admission that he has no Plan B or C and his seeming inability to solve the defensive mess that we have, are very troubling. While the tactical naivete with one man down against the attacking power of City is more redolent of the amateurishness that Rodgers displayed in setting up his team against Chelsea which led to us losing the race for the Premiership.

Could you explain to me how a manager who has reached two european finals, 1 of which was in the Champions League which they lost in the last minute to the best side Bayern produced for years, who has won 2 league titles and who for us didnt lose in a single game against fellow top 6 sides can be described as tactically naive?

Offline Phil1986

• Main Stander
« Reply #1459 on: September 18, 2017, 09:36:47 am »
The conversion rate is the problem and was particularly on Saturday. 35:5 shots and the game ends 1:1 is unacceptable. We created loads but didn't convert and were very unluky (Solanke e.g.).

If you are shit at the back but great upfront you have to outscore the opponent. Not more not less. I am also sure that if Mané had played we would have scored another but this one is on the FA.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1460 on: September 18, 2017, 09:40:43 am »
The conversion rate is the problem and was particularly on Saturday. 35:5 shots and the game ends 1:1 is unacceptable. We created loads but didn't convert and were very unluky (Solanke e.g.).

If you are shit at the back but great upfront you have to outscore the opponent. Not more not less. I am also sure that if Mané had played we would have scored another but this one is on the FA.

We were really good in the first half but in the second half we lost our heads a bit after 55-60 minutes. That was in particular led by Coutinho who took the fucking piss and then by Can doing some mad shots as well. The worst thing that there wasnt anyone ripping them to shreds on the pitch for doing it.

Forgetting their quality, a Gerrard or Suarez would absolutely bollock them for doing that. Its quite clear we are lacking leadership and thats an attribute Klopp needs to prioritise in January and next summer.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1461 on: September 18, 2017, 09:52:27 am »
let the crowd moan if they want....make every attack count. Only certain players should be shooting from outside the box and only when they are either in a great position or there's no other option. Nail down that discipline and stop being so careless at the back and we'll be fine

very early days yet so as im seeing this season as starting fresh, as I do every season, im hoping a good run will calm these lot down who are all a bit too eager to perform at the moment and getting frustrated too easily.

The game on Saturday I was expecting our 2nd to come but I even noticed while we were playing that we weren't creating anything substantial. The game was drifting along and the frustration grew but the ideas weren't changing. Weren't putting them under any long enough spells of pressure.

bad week.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Koplad83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1462 on: September 18, 2017, 09:59:51 am »

It drove me mad last season moving firmino when mane was out. In my opinion we are weakening two positions by doing it. Just bring someone into manes position and leave firmino central

Offline Koplad83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1463 on: September 18, 2017, 10:05:23 am »
There was one yesterday, who got banned and deleted and the call in shows have been a few

If klopp gets driven out I'll give up probably, that would be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #1464 on: September 18, 2017, 10:07:25 am »
Are people in here really moaning about Klopp?
get a fucking grip lads. if we finished 7th, didnt win a cup and didnt make the group stages of the CL then you can moan. Get behind the man.

I think a lot of people are frustrated that the rhetoric isn't changing when the results continue to be bad. We've essentially thrown away 2 pretty comfortable home wins in a row through suspect defending and Klopp is going on about luck not wearing a Liverpool shirt or some such bollox.

Our defending from CM back through the back 4 is clearly not well organised. He fingered Can after the Seville game but plugged him right back in for Burnley and him not covering Arfield was the last in a succession of errors that led to Burnley's goal and ddn't mention him again in the post match presser. Maybe he's keeping that for the training ground but I'd prefer he just say to the press that it's not acceptable to defend from midfield in such a lacksadasical manner than going on about "luck". It's not luck, it's players not doing what they should and throwing away points needlessly.

Klopp has been talking about teams that play like ours being more open at the back, which I think is acceptable if we're scoring at the other end and if the general defensive play is of an acceptable level. It's clearly not. Individual errors are everywhere, passive marking on set-pieces, we don't covering runners in our zones... just very basic things that we're not doing game in, game out. And it's costing us.

Then we go up front and see 30+ shots with only one goal to show for it. Fine, maybe "luck" accounts for some of these but all 30+?

When your manager is as candid and refreshingly honest about football as Klopp generally is, empty platitudes like this stick out. He should be saying it's not good enough, it's unacceptable, there's a lot of work to do, players need to  understand their jobs, to do their jobs.

When you have a humdinger like the City draw last season that could have ended 4-4 or 5-5 or anything in-between but finished 1-1, you can go on about luck. When you play Seville or Burnley off the park leaving them chasing shadows for 90 minutes and still scrape a draw (because, let's face it, we could easily have lost both), going on about luck is a cop out.

Klopp's public response to what's happening on the field does not represent what we're seeing when we watch the games.

That's what a lot of people are moaning about.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:10:50 am by Zimagic »
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #1465 on: September 18, 2017, 10:10:50 am »
I wonder if they were trying a new approach to defending that they'd been working on in light of recent frailties.

Because even for our defence some of that on Saturday was especially poor.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:13:46 am by Chief Brody »

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1466 on: September 18, 2017, 10:11:27 am »
Shite result and shite performance.

Personally the 'we did everything but score' mantra doesn't sit well with me, as the majority of our chances weren't clear cut, well worked openings - most were long range attempts.

We have been saying it for a week now, but we need to bounce back and see a reaction this week. Without being dramatic, this is a massive week for the Club - I don't want to be sitting here next week out of a cup competition and potentially 8 points behind one or both of the Manchester clubs.

I'm quite frustrated, as the problems we are seeing, are the ones we had last season - struggling to break down and beat teams who sit in and defend, and our own defence being shown up. On one hand I say to myself, 'It's only 5 games - maybe that's not enough of a sample size to get annoyed' but on the other hand I think, 'I am so fucking fed up seeing the same type of performance and result.'

I love Firmino, and there will always be a place in my team for him but I now wonder if there's a need for a top class striker, someone in the Costa mould who will come in and not be afraid to bully teams and throw himself about, just be a bit of a c**t really. Everything feels so nice at the moment.

They say a team is a reflection of their manager. Klopp is on the touchline getting angry and mad and screaming at 4th officials - I don't see any of that in our team.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1467 on: September 18, 2017, 10:11:58 am »
And is Gomez not worth a try alongside Matip?

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1468 on: September 18, 2017, 10:32:12 am »
And is Gomez not worth a try alongside Matip?

I'd like to see that tried out in the League Cup to see how they do together, if it looks like it has the makings of a decent pairing then why not give it a shot?

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1469 on: September 18, 2017, 10:45:27 am »
I'd like to see that tried out in the League Cup to see how they do together, if it looks like it has the makings of a decent pairing then why not give it a shot?
we have to try something because it would be madness to carry on doing what we are doing. Klopp isn't stupid, he showed last season he can adapt the play in the team and grind out results. If things carry on I'm sure he will make the adjustments needed. Guy is a world class coach and knows more than any of us that this isn't good enough.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: September 18, 2017, 10:48:55 am »
Could you explain to me how a manager who has reached two european finals, 1 of which was in the Champions League which they lost in the last minute to the best side Bayern produced for years, who has won 2 league titles and who for us didnt lose in a single game against fellow top 6 sides can be described as tactically naive?

I did not call Klopp tactically naive. I was referring to the tactical naivete displayed against City when we didn't fall back and close up shop with one man down. A person can be tactically adept while showing naivete on a particular instance. The same way that a very capable person can occasionally commit a blunder.

Nonetheless when allied with our continuing inability to defend to the level of champions, it was troubling.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: September 18, 2017, 11:44:32 am »
If klopp gets driven out I'll give up probably, that would be the straw that broke the camels back for me.
I've said this a few times.

I terms of social Media and every idiot having a voice the genie is well and truly out of the bottle so unfortunately we have to live with it and hope the more sensible among the fan base can provide some perspective.

It doesn't help when the fucking rag of a local paper actually creates a story about some knobheads rant about Klopp on some shitty phone in.

Finally, it's the language some of these dickheads use "I want ....... out". I want. Fuck reason, commonsense, patience, basically anyone else, because I want. Tells you everything you need about the mentality that we're dealing with.

Offline Koplad83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1472 on: September 18, 2017, 11:51:23 am »

I terms of social Media and every idiot having a voice the genie is well and truly out of the bottle so unfortunately we have to live with it and hope the more sensible among the fan base can provide some perspective.

It doesn't help when the fucking rag of a local paper actually creates a story about some knobheads rant about Klopp on some shitty phone in.

Finally, it's the language some of these dickheads use "I want ....... out". I want. Fuck reason, commonsense, patience, basically anyone else, because I want. Tells you everything you need about the mentality that we're dealing with.

I genuinely think we will be done for if we run klopp out. I don't think it'll come to that like but I thought the same about rafa and it took me a long time to get past his sacking.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1473 on: September 18, 2017, 11:54:43 am »

And they keep stooping low. There's a hysterical piece in today's edition.

'Elimination to Leicester would turn a disappointing run of form into a worrying one; that dreaded ‘c’ word – crisis – might even be uttered.'

Pricks. They're putting out a case for a strong team but I say fuck the Caribou cup, let's put out the team that follows Klopp's plans, not something that plays to the crowd. If we go out, I won't complain.

Offline Koplad83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1474 on: September 18, 2017, 12:09:51 pm »

'Elimination to Leicester would turn a disappointing run of form into a worrying one; that dreaded ‘c’ word – crisis – might even be uttered.'

Pricks. They're putting out a case for a strong team but I say fuck the Caribou cup, let's put out the team that follows Klopp's plans, not something that plays to the crowd. If we go out, I won't complain.

I think it's important we get through, as a trophy would really help everyone manager, players and fans.

I would like to see woodburn, Gomez at cb and solanke play tho.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1475 on: September 18, 2017, 12:23:18 pm »

That's awful. To think that as recently as Tony Barrett's time the Echo was a good source of accurate info, I only go there when I temporarily forget how shit it is and click on a link by accident.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1476 on: September 18, 2017, 12:25:47 pm »
I think it's important we get through, as a trophy would really help everyone manager, players and fans.

I would like to see woodburn, Gomez at cb and solanke play tho.

Klopp is damned either way it seems because surely that's the sort of experimental team he should be playing but it comes with risks and if it goes wrong, the usual crowd will be out in force. If he plays the same type of team that played in the Burnley game and they fail at the weekend, the usual suspects will also be out in force too.

For me the team that played against Burnley largely needs resting for the weekend Leicester game. I've always subscribed to going to Wembley and winning a trophy is better than coming fourth but if we lose out on CL next season we'll lose momentum, so I'm changing my mind this year.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1477 on: September 18, 2017, 12:28:35 pm »

The Echo is nothing more than a tabloid these days, and like all tabloids it loves anything what it can describe as a crisis. The crazy story of the idiot fan is just prove of how far its nose dived. Once it used to have sensible journalists who actually informed and constructed proper stories, now it just reports shite off social sodding media, and to them anything is a story. A really sad excuse of a newspaper now to be honest.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1478 on: September 18, 2017, 12:50:31 pm »
I've really missed that trigger in Coutihno's brain which decides today's the day to smash everything high and wide from outside the area. Irritating - much like our performance on Saturday. The hyperbole though is ridiculous.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1479 on: September 18, 2017, 01:22:08 pm »

They are absolute pricks.

Mountain out of a molehill.

We're 5 points off top.  2 points behind Chelsea, level with Spurs, 1 ahead of Arsenal.

Far far far from a crisis.  Sure, we should have won in particular the last 2 games, but crisis........fucking media need their next spin really don't they?

We'll be back on track soon enough.