Author Topic: FIFA or PES?  (Read 4057 times)

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
FIFA or PES?
« on: September 11, 2017, 02:04:41 pm »
I know we have seperate threads for detailed discussion about  the games, but just a thread to see a brief overview of which one people are getting and why.

I am having a hard time deciding while PES will clearly have the better game play, the Master League is broken again this year from what i read with unreastic transfers and My Club not having the addictive feel of Ultimate Team. FIFA clearly wins the game modes factor but under all the gloss is a very average football game.

Sure, you could get both but only feel there is time to invest in 1 football game properly.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:07:10 pm by SandyShore »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FIFA or PES?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 02:21:28 pm »
I've heard Konami are working on a huge day 1 patch for PES as they've taken a lot of the feedback from the demo into consideration, so I'm hoping that resolves the shite AI defending on the demo. If they fix that I'll buy it, otherwise I won't be buying a new footy game this year for the first time since I was about 10 years old!

Buying FIFA is not an option for me personally, after I switched back to PES last year. Seen a tutorial thing online the other day on how to take a Roberto Carlos swerve free kick, it just looked so shit I can't believe they're still selling the units they are. FUT has ruined any drive to create the perfect footy game because there's too much money at stake now. They'd rather settle for mediocrity and continue with the cash cow that is FUT.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 02:52:50 pm »
The one thing I ultimately buy a football game for is for gameplay so at the moment it is PES for me. Better gameplay, tactics, crossing, tackling, headers than the over hyped shit game EA Sports have delivered every year for a good while.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 03:02:55 pm »
PES on PC. The only mode I play on FIFA is pro clubs so I might pick it up eventually, but PES is the better football game imo.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 04:22:05 pm »
Ultimate team is a scam and MyClub is completely pointless, if you invest money into either of those modes you're a mug.

Then it comes down to the other game modes for me, Master League is better than Career Mode, whilst playing against the computer is far more entertaining on Pes. Online divisions on Fifa is the superior multiplayer mode, I got really bored of it this year though from some ridiculously unfair matches where I would dominate and lose 2-0 to someone with 2 shots on target.

I'll most likely go with Pes this year.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 04:25:42 pm by thelinnen »
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 05:03:28 pm »
Ultimate team is a scam and MyClub is completely pointless, if you invest money into either of those modes you're a mug.

Then it comes down to the other game modes for me, Master League is better than Career Mode, whilst playing against the computer is far more entertaining on Pes. Online divisions on Fifa is the superior multiplayer mode, I got really bored of it this year though from some ridiculously unfair matches where I would dominate and lose 2-0 to someone with 2 shots on target.

I'll most likely go with Pes this year.

I loved MyClub at the start of the year when you play against people who were not spending for players.  As the numbers dry up its crap as you end up against the same team (everyone with a strike force of Ronaldo / Neymar / Messi) then its very dull.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 07:55:03 pm »
Fifa for online clubs. Usually wait till the option files and price drops for pes.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 08:47:07 pm »
Possibly none for the first time in years this year. Getting bored of footy games.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 09:55:16 pm »
FIFA.

As good as Pro plays, the licensing issue's put me off. Lack of a real career mode and their version of Ultimate team isn't the best either.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 11:00:31 pm »
PES. Controls better, less annoying, I'm on PC and end up downloading massive logo and shirt packs  :)

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 09:23:56 am »
I play it for a realistic experience and for PES everytime, bar a 2 year golden period of FIFA being very good and Pro Evo being shite, I've always found FIFA arcadey and no fun.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 10:12:51 am »
Said for a while konami need to use their main weakness (lack of licenses) as their main strength. Why they don't add 20 custom leagues and teams is beyond me. The community edits them currently so could create as many leagues and teams that are made available to them. Then they should add little things like player id's like on football manager that remain constant across each year so changes can be easily carried over even if players move teams. The community could have all the kits, badges, players changes made and ready within the first week.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 10:36:45 am »
FIFA if you're 12, PES if you like decent gameplay.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 10:41:19 am »
FIFA if you're 12, PES if you like decent gameplay.

PES? You mean the game where through balls always get to the man? Bit too easy, probably alright if you are 7.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 02:34:59 pm »
PES? You mean the game where through balls always get to the man? Bit too easy, probably alright if you are 7.
Or alternatively the game where through balls don't work at all and Mertesacker can chase down Aubameyang?  ;D

Someone said it well the other day, Fifa is the better game, that is until you kick off. After that it's the same monotonous experience it's been for 6 or 7 years. The worst part is they always make changes in the demo to slow it down or making passing feel more rewarding, then when the actually game comes out they patch it to become more and more arcadey.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:38:35 pm by thelinnen »
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 02:59:40 pm »
Or alternatively the game where through balls don't work at all and Mertesacker can chase down Aubameyang?  ;D

Someone said it well the other day, Fifa is the better game, that is until you kick off. After that it's the same monotonous experience it's been for 6 or 7 years. The worst part is they always make changes in the demo to slow it down or making passing feel more rewarding, then when the actually game comes out they patch it to become more and more arcadey.

Ye it's just a personal preference. I prefer FIFA, as I think Pes doesn't feel fluid enough. My reply was just to make a point :)
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 03:13:51 pm »
Ye it's just a personal preference. I prefer FIFA, as I think Pes doesn't feel fluid enough. My reply was just to make a point :)
Just seems a bit nuts to me, if anything Pes is too fluid. If you try and pass your way through the middle on Fifa 17 you will find it a frustrating experience.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 03:19:49 pm »
Just seems a bit nuts to me, if anything Pes is too fluid. If you try and pass your way through the middle on Fifa 17 you will find it a frustrating experience.

Aye just out to the wing, bomb it to the byline, triple tap square and then nice easy finish.

Quite annoyed I've actually got quite addicted to FIFA 17 despite constantly being aware of what a poor, frustrating game it is. FUT, once you've got a good side, is very addictive. Guess that's the genius of EA, think its a good thing we have the guy who helped come up with the whole micro transaction thing in charge of us now. Also annoying how unrealistic some of the players are. I swear every other team has Jack Butland in goal, and every Jack Butland is like the lovechild of Buffon and Yashin.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 03:19:59 pm »
Haven't played PES since about 2004 and don't know anybody else that plays it either, everyone is on Fifa so I just get that. It's pretty infuriating but I do enjoy Ultimate Team (only started playing it a couple of years ago so it's still fairly new to me), don't bother with the career mode though, that's what FM is for for me. And yes, FM is far better than both.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 03:33:31 pm »
Aye just out to the wing, bomb it to the byline, triple tap square and then nice easy finish.

Quite annoyed I've actually got quite addicted to FIFA 17 despite constantly being aware of what a poor, frustrating game it is. FUT, once you've got a good side, is very addictive. Guess that's the genius of EA, think its a good thing we have the guy who helped come up with the whole micro transaction thing in charge of us now. Also annoying how unrealistic some of the players are. I swear every other team has Jack Butland in goal, and every Jack Butland is like the lovechild of Buffon and Yashin.
The drilled cross is no longer as effective as it once was  ;D

Ultimate Team's matchmaking is designed to make you encounter better opponents the more you win, that's why you only usually win 3 or so in a row before losing a couple. Once you start losing you are more likely to buy packs, which is why I no longer play it. I don't buy into the whole scripting thing but players performances, especially the defence, can be wildly inconsistent. Also too many games you can't score for love nor money whilst the other person has one shot on target all game and somehow wins.

Also for me Ultimate Team has always seemed even arcadier than the main game, I beat someone 11-1 once and have never come close to anything like that in any other game mode.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 03:42:03 pm »
I don't buy into the whole scripting thing but players performances, especially the defence, can be wildly inconsistent. Also too many games you can't score for love nor money whilst the other person has one shot on target all game and somehow wins.

Isn't that football :P

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 03:45:37 pm »
The drilled cross is no longer as effective as it once was  ;D

It definitely is!!

I've never bought one of the packs, but still have a beast team. Which means I've spent waaaaay too much time on it.....which I think is actually sadder than just paying money for packs.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 03:47:48 pm »
Isn't that football :P
This isn't football, it's a game. Your players should perform how you want them to, having players randomly chosen to have dips in form means that playing another person is an unbalanced mess.

It's equivalent to being given a gun that jams on Call of Duty whilst someone else's works perfectly.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:51:42 pm by thelinnen »

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 03:50:25 pm »
It definitely is!!

I've never bought one of the packs, but still have a beast team. Which means I've spent waaaaay too much time on it.....which I think is actually sadder than just paying money for packs.
Yeah I've never been one for buying underpriced cards and flipping them or antics like that. If someone has the talent and the time for that then they should consider trading equities or something instead to make real money  :D

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 11:47:11 am »
Fifa 17 is the worst football game that I've played in a long time.  There's so much wrong with it that I can't even be bothered breaking it down as it would take forever.  It's a steaming pile of shit and how a company that has been making football games for so long and has the resources that EA has comes out with something like that is beyond me.  I absolutely fucking loathe it, from the unresponsive controls to the retarded ai that you have as teammates.  Pretty much every time that I've played it I've ended up either bored or pissed off.  It's not remotely realistic and it's not remotely fun.  Given that FIFA 18 looks like the same shitefest with a few new features I will either go with PES or nothing this year. 

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 11:54:31 pm »
never liked fifa much. PES was great up to PES 6 then it went to shit and FIFA became more popular because of that.

PES is back now though. havent got PES 18 yet but loved PES 17. People are starting to realise how shit FIFA actually is again. they had nothing to compare it to for the past few years.

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 04:58:59 pm »
im strange in the sense that i see the lack of licenses as a good thing. i love the fantasy element of it. i loved playing PES master league with the made up default players.

and if it does bother people there are option files available that people can download.

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 11:59:59 am »
FIFA all day for me. PES feels like the players' boots are filled with concrete.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 02:19:40 pm »
Have never been able to take to FIFA.

Thought I'd fallen out of love with football games entirely, but PES 2017 was incredibly fun. Haven't tried the latest yet though.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2017, 02:28:27 pm »
Ever since International Superstar Soccer I've been a Konami man.  PES just always seems to play better, couldn't give a shit about the licencing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2017, 05:08:53 pm »
This may be my last FIFA this year as I'm starting to get bored of football games now. I may have a look at PES 2019 next year.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2017, 06:17:52 pm »
This may be my last FIFA this year as I'm starting to get bored of football games now. I may have a look at PES 2019 next year.

Wait, what?
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 06:44:00 pm »
Wait, what?

Yeah I’ve realised how pissed that sounds!

Basically the only footy game I’ve played the last few years has been FIFA and 18 might be my last one because I’m getting bored of it now. Although I might check out PES 2019 when it’s our next year to see if that keeps me interested in footy games.

[emoji3]

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 07:56:23 pm »
im strange in the sense that i see the lack of licenses as a good thing. i love the fantasy element of it. i loved playing PES master league with the made up default players.

and if it does bother people there are option files available that people can download.
Still playing pes 17 meself and still rocking master league with a classic teams and players option file i downloaded. The current master league im on is in it's 17th season and all the classic players have already retired and come back as kids. Great building them back up again.   

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2017, 09:05:43 pm »
Still playing pes 17 meself and still rocking master league with a classic teams and players option file i downloaded. The current master league im on is in it's 17th season and all the classic players have already retired and come back as kids. Great building them back up again.   
I'd still be playing if it weren't so easy.

I kept experiencing this thing where the harder the fixture, the easier the games were. Games against lower opposition were generally fine in terms of difficulty, but then I was literally beating the likes of Barcelona 5-0.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2017, 12:36:40 pm »
I'd still be playing if it weren't so easy.

I kept experiencing this thing where the harder the fixture, the easier the games were. Games against lower opposition were generally fine in terms of difficulty, but then I was literally beating the likes of Barcelona 5-0.
Using young players in master league makes it difficult for you though. When you build a player up into high ratings, i move them on.