Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer Series  (Read 51865 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 and 2019
« Reply #320 on: September 14, 2019, 06:10:51 pm »
Got mine! Not option filed it yet but caning Everton three nil (even by default, its good of them to choose less obscure team names) was boss - all different goals, even a long shot. It's less straightjacketed, more fluid.

The physics are better, the ball especially. Past PES I would say was a bit scripted, yknow? Sort of.. You could predict it, especially against the AI. Now the ball is very very realistic, and you can't just bang one tactic every time.

If you want to play mates then I see why you'd get FIFA but if you want a beautiful game of realistic football you're kidding yourself if you don't play PES.

Might be nerdy for a Satdee night but I am going to get the right kits and logos sorted. Adds so much! Happy to slag off the interface and all that, though it helps if you think Back = Save, but as soon as the whistle goes - when you remove commentary! - this is utterly sublime.

Put a dozen or more hours into the demo (remember I posted a crack to customise the match time) and from the full version, I'm absolutely loving it.

As a total package? Pretty good, flawed, a bit behind the times, a bit not mass market

As a game of footie replicated in video game form? My fav in years. Years. Probably since Sensible Soccer 2006  ;D

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2019, 09:53:03 am »
The menu on pes this year is utter fkn turd

Apart from that it's still the best football game

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: September 15, 2019, 07:32:16 pm »
wheres the best place to get an option file for this?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: September 15, 2019, 07:37:05 pm »
Ahh, option files installed!

wheres the best place to get an option file for this?

PES Universe but I couldn't sign up, don't know why. Costs a fiver

Ended up getting on PC from CDKeys. Got my option files from here (there's a link for PS4 on that page as well)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 08:37:21 pm by ToneLa »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: September 15, 2019, 09:11:11 pm »
cheers mate

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #325 on: September 16, 2019, 03:50:03 pm »
Old skool PESser - you'll have seen me on this thread...

Just played a game as Liverpool R against (licensed) Arsenal in PES 2020. Yeah, it seems to be a really good game. The ball feels a free object and the animations, especially of our players are spot on. The way Mo Salah controls the ball with his left. Oxlade's speed bursts from his best days, VVD's towering headers and passing.

The usual caveats apply: terrible menus, pointless navigation, horrible commentary but on the pitch it's ace. I played the Fifa demo and that was really bland. I played the full game of this and I didn't care that Liverpool had a non-licensed kit* that's how good the game is.

*Of course I will sort that when I have the time

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: September 16, 2019, 06:12:57 pm »
Guides for installing the option files!

PC Gamer have the best for PC:
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/pes-2020-option-file-pc-download/

And for PS4 (Xbox don't support it) as well as PC I think Eurogamer have a good one :

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-10-pes-2020-patch-option-files-licences-kits-badges-6521

In a nutshell you need a spare memory stick with the PS4, and you need a PC anyway: right click and format it in This PC and convert it to FAT32. Unzip every part of the patch to a folder called WEPES and you overwrite ( the contents when you unzip) if it asks (do it in order - this means I end up renaming each WEPES.ZIP to WEPES1.ZIP, WEPES2.ZIP)

Took me about 20 minutes, not including download times. Once the files are unzipped to a folded called WEPES, you can do the rest in PES itself.

Hint: Konami WANT you to edit it, there's even a tutorial when you import a team or competition  ;D Be bold - the worst that can happen is it doesn't work (but they've designed it to work!)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 07:29:48 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: September 16, 2019, 06:18:20 pm »
Yeah the PES Universe OF is excellent I’ve used them for years, and the steps are a piece of piss. Honestly gets easier every year, only takes 20 mins.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #328 on: September 17, 2019, 12:36:36 pm »
Just had a go on the demo and enjoyed it. The opposition scored a couple of similar goals which were sort of flighted hits from near the edge of the area which seemed to drift past an underwhelming keeper but it’s a minor gripe. Overall it’s fluid and plays as pretty realistic.

Wasn’t going to get it as I’m going hard at Skyrim but might have to relent in a few weeks...

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #329 on: September 17, 2019, 01:30:49 pm »
Just had a go on the demo and enjoyed it. The opposition scored a couple of similar goals which were sort of flighted hits from near the edge of the area which seemed to drift past an underwhelming keeper but it’s a minor gripe. Overall it’s fluid and plays as pretty realistic.

Wasn’t going to get it as I’m going hard at Skyrim but might have to relent in a few weeks...
Full game plays a little differently to demo.

Some folk complaining.  Some folk (myself included) think it's better.

It plays a phenomenal game of football IMO

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: September 17, 2019, 05:12:23 pm »

In the full version there's a pleasant amount of variety to the goals. Keepers seem a bit better than demo, Eg if you blast right at the keeper he usually saves, but you can't score the same way every time and you can still get lucky!

Had some great goals thanks to the ball physics. Last night had one like Mane's rebound goal vs Newcastle... Bobby dribbles into the box, tries the far corner, the keeper clatters into it (so not a pre scripted animation) and Mane appears with a tap in

Time to start Master League!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: September 25, 2019, 10:03:44 pm »
Keep getting this error

unable to connect to the pes server please check the configuration  of your network device code: FDDN_0018

had played alright most other nights, xanthe find much when I Google it and apparently the servers working fine, anyone any ideas what I can do? I'm a bit of a tech noob

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: September 26, 2019, 06:27:07 pm »
Keep getting this error

unable to connect to the pes server please check the configuration  of your network device code: FDDN_0018

had played alright most other nights, xanthe find much when I Google it and apparently the servers working fine, anyone any ideas what I can do? I'm a bit of a tech noob

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Past couple days have had loads of tech errors online - they had it down earlier for maintenance

If you can't get in tomorrow I'd suggest it's something your router is doing - but are you on PC or...?

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #333 on: September 26, 2019, 06:32:47 pm »
This is SO MUCH BETTER than FIFA this year.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #334 on: September 28, 2019, 04:11:13 pm »
Yeah the PES Universe OF is excellent I’ve used them for years, and the steps are a piece of piss. Honestly gets easier every year, only takes 20 mins.

Does the guide above work for the PES Universe files?  I see to recall that it was a 2/3 step process last year, with some files being subject to different options than others.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #335 on: October 10, 2019, 11:57:36 am »
Played PES 2019 for the first time at a mates house. Hadn't played PES since the fantastic PS2 days apart from a poor attempt on the PS3 and was blown away by it.. Anfield looks so beautiful on it and it plays better than FIFA. Any option files for 19 on PS4 that have this years kits or do I need to just find a 2019 option file
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #336 on: October 10, 2019, 03:06:51 pm »
Played PES 2019 for the first time at a mates house. Hadn't played PES since the fantastic PS2 days apart from a poor attempt on the PS3 and was blown away by it.. Anfield looks so beautiful on it and it plays better than FIFA. Any option files for 19 on PS4 that have this years kits or do I need to just find a 2019 option file

Guessing you’ll need to find a 2019 option file, the new kits will be on files for 2020.

Got the 2020 game at the weekend and really enjoying it so far. Used the excellent free option file in one of the posts above and with minimal effort and no extra expense, the game looks perfect.

English, French, Spanish, Brazilian and Italian 1/2nd divisions, plus Denmark, Holland, Russia, Bundesliga, Argentina, Chile, Thailand, Belgium, China, MLS and Japan.

First two games in the master league for us are Super Cup and Community Shield. First two trophies quickly secured ;D

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 13, 2019, 01:17:26 pm »
PES 2020 basic (or whatever) is £33 on the PS Store (down from 45 or 50!)

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: February 5, 2020, 04:04:41 pm »
This is SO MUCH BETTER than FIFA this year.

Yep. I grabbed an option file the other day. And started a Master League game.

Don't see how a football game could be any better really. When I play as Liverpool, the players have a certain weight and swagger about them. VVD is a beast. Gini wins the ball, dominates space and is a neat passer. Fabinho is fantastic at nicking the ball in deep midfield and Firmino is brilliant at picking out a little through ball for Mo or Sadio.

It gets pressing, passing, shooting and team shape better than any other game. I'm sure it's not perfect but it's good enough for me.

Okay they don't have Anfield any more but after a few games, who stops and looks at the stadium playing a football game?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #339 on: February 5, 2020, 04:08:14 pm »
Yep. I grabbed an option file the other day. And started a Master League game.

Don't see how a football game could be any better really. When I play as Liverpool, the players have a certain weight and swagger about them. VVD is a beast. Gini wins the ball, dominates space and is a neat passer. Fabinho is fantastic at nicking the ball in deep midfield and Firmino is brilliant at picking out a little through ball for Mo or Sadio.

It gets pressing, passing, shooting and team shape better than any other game. I'm sure it's not perfect but it's good enough for me.

Okay they don't have Anfield any more but after a few games, who stops and looks at the stadium playing a football game?

I've never quite got used to the 'advanced' shooting since they brought it in, and I think that's the one thing that means that I rarely turn to the game.  I've also been crap at crossing forever.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: February 5, 2020, 05:34:56 pm »
Loving master league now. Took a while!

Never get tired of watching our boys in their proper kits celebrate!

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: February 7, 2020, 06:00:21 pm »
This is the best footy game I have played.

Had a hard fought win again Man City at their place. Tense to the end, Alisson kept me in it.

Followed up by another tight game against Chelsea at home, where Firmino scored two typical Bobby goals late on.

I'm not as good as I probably used to be at playing these but the basic ebb and flow of football with realistic movement (from the admittedly brilliant LFC squad) and goals has never been better.

Gaming history wise; I find it hard to believe we are getting to the end of this console generation now and the end of life for PES and Fifa on current gen machines.

When we move up to PS5 and Xbox Scarlet (is it?) what will they improve, with the same inputs I would guess ball physics will continue to develop and player models will get better and better. They now presumably can get data on how real footballers take up space on the field - to the mm - over 90 minutes.

Still Konami's version is better at giving you a kinda of simulation of running/dribbling with Messi, Sadio Mane etc, or even nicking the ball with a DM like Fabinho. That should be their calling card still, if they survive much longer...
« Last Edit: February 7, 2020, 06:04:21 pm by lionel_messias »

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2020, 10:05:29 am »
Anyone familiar with the option files? An update was installed on Pro Evo yesterday (PS4) and it's wiped out all the kits and everything I'd installed with the option file.  Anyway to revert back or am I going to have to run through it all again?

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: May 5, 2020, 11:02:50 pm »
Anyone fancy a game?

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: May 28, 2020, 09:24:37 am »
This is £4.99 on the PS store at the moment. Is it worth getting at that price?

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2020, 09:25:47 am »

Yeah. Get the pack with all the kits and real names and you're flying

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2020, 10:58:34 am »
Yeah. Get the pack with all the kits and real names and you're flying

Indeed, and here's the post I made about doing it and how boss it looks  :D

Got my option files from here (there's a link for PS4 on that page as well)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2020, 12:42:00 pm »

The actual game play is better than FIFA in my opinion, the menus are still a mess and the lack of licencing is a bit jarring, especially as XBOX cant use option files, but its well worth £4.99.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2020, 04:03:52 pm »
Playing this quite a bit in lockdown.  Managed to get Liverpool relegated, and I'm quickly coming to terms with the fact that I've been absolutely shite at these games pretty much since the end of the PS2 generation.

I get absolutely dominated in possession terms every single game - 40% of the ball is a rarity for me  :o :-\

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: May 30, 2020, 09:54:43 pm »
A fiver is nothing for this game. You'd spend that on a couple of chocolate bars and a packet of crisps. I picked it up the other night, downloaded all option file and installed it. No problem with licences now. The only thing is the menus and interface are still absolutely shocking, but it came to me why that was when I browsed down and discovered that it's actually fucking intentional to get you to actually buy themes for it.  :duh Aye, fuck off Konami!  :tosser

Anyway, that aside, it's the first football game I've bought in years, and so far the gameplay feels really impressive. So much better than the last Fifa wank I played, and that thing hasn't changed in god knows how long.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: May 31, 2020, 11:37:53 pm »
Does anyone know an easy way to use Option file data when you are player TWO PLAYER offline games?

I tried to play with my 6-year-old (his first footy game experience) and it was impossible to do, so faffy and annoying that he lost interest in playing completely.

I have a full option file for one player, with all the kits and it looks great.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #351 on: June 1, 2020, 01:32:52 am »
Does anyone know an easy way to use Option file data when you are player TWO PLAYER offline games?

I tried to play with my 6-year-old (his first footy game experience) and it was impossible to do, so faffy and annoying that he lost interest in playing completely.

I have a full option file for one player, with all the kits and it looks great.
Are you making sure to start the game with the profile that has the edit data on?

I haven't tried this years Pro Evo other than the demo, but that happened to me on a previous version. If someone loaded the game with controller 2 there'd be no edit data and you'd have to reload the game before it'd show up.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: June 1, 2020, 11:09:14 am »
Are you making sure to start the game with the profile that has the edit data on?

I haven't tried this years Pro Evo other than the demo, but that happened to me on a previous version. If someone loaded the game with controller 2 there'd be no edit data and you'd have to reload the game before it'd show up.

Yes you are right but even if you load it with your profile, the game picks up the profile of the second player and locks the Edit data on that basis!

Stupidly annoying.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #353 on: June 2, 2020, 01:29:57 pm »
Yes you are right but even if you load it with your profile, the game picks up the profile of the second player and locks the Edit data on that basis!

Stupidly annoying.

Maybe try with controller 2 logging into a Guest account? May not work, just a hunch.

Online WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: June 2, 2020, 02:24:55 pm »
You can sign in as a guest or the second account you need to change one of the security settings on the profile. Something to do with the potential of images appearing that might not be suitable. Seems to be overly cautious setting by konami

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: June 4, 2020, 05:49:56 pm »
Currently playing in the ML, and I think the game is as good as it's ever been, and probably even better than it's ever been, which automatically makes it the best football title ever made. It's taken me right back to when the series was in its prime with the base Master League team you start with. Hard fought wins, and grinding out draws. Players are shite, but you identify the good ones and work with what you have.  I'm speaking purely on terms of playing against the AI in a campaign or cup too. The computer plays exactly how you want it to, and each game is so different that it doesn't get boring. My one complaint still is the menus and the sound options like music and crowd chants. They're still a bit shite in those areas, but just about acceptable. Pity you can't import your own music and crowd noise like in Fifa.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: June 5, 2020, 01:57:35 pm »
Are you on PC? If so you can download chant packs for a lot of teams. Dunno about the menu music, but you can also get the various league intro music, champions league music (bothmenu and in game) team music (if you have some perverse need to hear the blueshite taking the field to the abysmal Z cars) in stadium team goal music and the like.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 5, 2020, 03:27:02 pm »
Are you on PC? If so you can download chant packs for a lot of teams. Dunno about the menu music, but you can also get the various league intro music, champions league music (bothmenu and in game) team music (if you have some perverse need to hear the blueshite taking the field to the abysmal Z cars) in stadium team goal music and the like.
Na, mate. Just saw the game at 5 quid on Playstation and couldn't pass that up. first time I've bought a football game in a few years now; but, yeah, I usually would have it on PC, but my GPU is a bit ropey and is on its way out, so I don't risk putting load on it. I'll probably end up getting it on there, though, just for that.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: June 6, 2020, 05:06:09 am »
Yeah, understandable. Can't go wrong for a fiver. When you do go pc though head over to evoweb. You can also get extra stadiums (I have around 40 I think) tv overlays like bein sports,sky etcetera, better broadcast camera, extra leagues, cups, kits withthe correct patches depending on the comp, comp specific balls, better lighting, the list goes on...

You can get the game looking pretty bloody real is what I'm clumsily getting at. Far moreso than fifa, with the added bonus being that the gameplay isn't shite.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2020, 05:08:43 am by Darren G »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: June 6, 2020, 06:55:54 am »
Just got 2020 for cheap on PS4 - did some brief research, and wondering if you know of any decent trustworthy option files to play LFC?