Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1370004 times)

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #21040 on: November 7, 2023, 11:52:32 am »
He's a big enough name that he can out them and survive the fallout. Every week there's multiple example that would vindicate him.
At some point, something will give. A club taking the PGMOL to court over bad decisions leading to titles lost, CL qualification lost or being relegated would be a sad turn of events.

Exactly what I said last week Neville could do and say what he likes he is a multi millionaire and he always will be as he likes to tell others what they should be spending THEIR money on!

If Sky sacked him would it matter ? He'd walk into another highly paid job just look at the grusome twosome.

One is nailed on Neville he went on about how he watched several groundsman who cut the grass to perfection so his view is "some offsides are clearly wrong" as you can tell by grass cuttings and I agreed with him on that.

He moved from that to LFC are pathetic they need to accept it ....no why should we if we dont make CL by one point thats worth £60-100m its not a game on your local park its big business.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21041 on: November 7, 2023, 12:04:44 pm »
Manchester United were the richest team, they used to get lots of contentious decisions go their way. Then Chelsea.

Now Manchester City are the richest team, they seem to get lots of strange decisions go their way, and have decisions go against their competition. The same now seems to be happening with Newcastle.

Strange that.

With United I'd put quite a bit down to Ferguson's malign influence on referees, plus most of the referees coming from the United fanbase's catchment area in the North-West.

Not sure what the reason would be for City and Newcastle.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2023, 12:07:10 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21042 on: November 7, 2023, 12:13:21 pm »
He did back Klopp, you only read the quotes sky talksport and mellisa ready wanted you to read.

Sounds like it

"I don’t know. It’s something that we don’t have a say on, we don’t manage," Arteta said on October 6 when asked about if certain referees shouldn't take charge of matches involving certain clubs.

“I think they are trying to make the best decisions, they are trying to protect the game, they are trying to get as much support and be ruthless when they need to be.

"At some point as well we need to give support and understand that mistakes happen. We’ve made mistakes as well and if the pressure is so much then it’s very difficult to manage."

Not..

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #21043 on: November 7, 2023, 12:17:58 pm »
Keys is a bellend but..

Sports commentator Richard Keys, via his blog:

“I’m in the luxurious position of being able to say what I think about the falling standards of officiating in our league - but imagine taking a call from a high ranking PL broadcast official reminding you who pays your wages. Scary. It happened to two people that I know recently. The message was clear ‘stop criticising the refs’. What sort of world are we living in when people who run the game also want to steer the narrative?”

Who do we think? Neville and Carra right? Their flip flop from their ingame comments v's Spurs to the narrated script they followed at half time was clearly orchestrated by their overlord.

I was amazed and puzzled at half-time of the infamous Spurs game when we got virtually no pictures or review of the first half. When Neville flipped his view on the game I realised that not only were we seeing what appeared to being corrupt/incompetent officials but any discussion afterwards was steered away from criticism of them.

Sky were looking after their product which is showing matches from the best league in the world. Criticism of referee’s decisions wouldn’t help in the long run they decided so Neville and co were told to tone it right down. The refs are all over the place since that day I agree. Webb has tried to get the refs chat to var and his team to be heard without success. Don’t rock the boat as the PL is doing well.

We as fans want better refereeing but I’m not sure the PL has that as number 1 priority. A Taylor’s demotion to the Championship last weekend has been followed by selection to this weekend’s top match, which wouldn’t happen if everyone wanted to improve the standard. Taylor made a double error at Preston last Saturday but Webb ignores it as he knows he can do as he pleases. Sky are now constantly telling us that club’s criticism of the referee’s should stop. It’s dangerous apparently.

It’s a terrible state of affairs which doesn’t appear to being addressed by anyone.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #21044 on: November 7, 2023, 12:28:33 pm »
Read that Postecoglu was magnanimous about the decisions that went against him. I’m sorry but it’s easy to be magnanimous when the decisions are absolutely 100% justifiable, even if there was a hint of grey on the Romero one. See what it’s like when a clear goal that shouldn’t have been given gets given or one that you score that should be is taken away - be fucking magnanimous then you fuckin prick.

I’m in agreement that instead of going ‘haha Arsenal karma’ we as fans should back them. We get fucked over more than most teams so be nice if showed some solidarity.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21045 on: November 7, 2023, 12:39:34 pm »
I don't understand why all the journalists who support VAR are lauding the Spurs managers over his post match comments. He's essentially disagreeing with them over VAR!

Watching Spurs v Chelsea yesterday and a game of football almost broke out at one point.

What we are watching these days is essentially a new sport. Stop start like the NFL. I remember when there would be a replay of an offside decision and you'd think 'he looks about level' or 'he's just about off/on' then  the game would just continue, whatever the decision was. Unless it was a huge error it was never mentioned again, and the huge errors were few and far between. I'd take that every day over the dire VAR we have today.

Also it's doing my head in people criticizing Liverpool and Arsenal for releasing statements like both incidents are even comparable. We were well within our rights to release our statement on the basis of a unprecedented decision where the VAR team have come to a conclusion and its not been relayed to the ref. Literally never happened before in any league.

Arsenal just complaining about a subjective decision and incidents where the VAR couldn't prove something so the on field decision remained. This happens every week across all leagues and we should not be tarred with the same brush.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2023, 12:45:17 pm by owens_2k »

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #21046 on: November 7, 2023, 12:45:22 pm »
Was hoping one of the techy lot would embed the video, but here is a link to twitter

https://x.com/the_forty_four/status/1721225451278893076?s=46&t=jCPbk4G147VnXk0LjMfysg

He’s been assigned to Man City vs Chelsea for the weekend.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21047 on: November 7, 2023, 01:11:33 pm »
He’s been assigned to Man City vs Chelsea for the weekend.

12 v 11 again then 🤣

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21048 on: November 7, 2023, 01:19:13 pm »
The biggest thing for me not being talked about right now with Tottenham.

Ange has this wave of praise right now and it's escalated after him not criticising the refs and claiming 'its how he grew up'.

A. He has fuck all to complain about, his side played a terribly naive game and got punished (amazingly a lot less than they should have as Chelsea were average)

B. Those praising him are calling out Klopp and Arteta.. who have actually gone toe to toe with City and challenged for the title. It's easy to have all this talk of not calling out the refs when it isn't massively affecting you and costing you. There is expectation upon us and more recently Arsenal, we've actually been there and challenged which naturally will ramp up the expectations on the managers and can be the difference between winning and losing the title, Spurs getting top 4 is fucking utopia for them, they dont win things. Let them see a title challenge stopped in its tracks by decisions for City and against them and lets see if Ange is so fucking diplomatic in his answers. Not forgetting he fucking got booked yesterday for arguing with a refs decision

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21049 on: November 7, 2023, 01:47:12 pm »
This the same Keys who swore to the world that the Salah to Saudi deal was 100% done?

The guy is an attention seeking prick, unless he’s willing to evidence any of this stuff which I assume he isn’t, I don’t really think you can pick and choose which which totally baseless claims he makes that you believe, particularly with the obvious agenda he will have with Sky for daring to sack him for blatant sexual harassment, or ‘banter’ as he put it.

You don't need evidence in this case. It's beyond obvious this stuff happens. Most pundits are given a script to read and if they want to continue with their 2 million quid a year wages they play along. Read recently Carragher has made more money as a pundit thus far than he did in his whole playing career and i'd say that goes for Neville also. These guys are no more than paid actors.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21050 on: November 7, 2023, 01:52:31 pm »
I don't understand why all the journalists who support VAR are lauding the Spurs managers over his post match comments. He's essentially disagreeing with them over VAR!

Watching Spurs v Chelsea yesterday and a game of football almost broke out at one point.

What we are watching these days is essentially a new sport. Stop start like the NFL. I remember when there would be a replay of an offside decision and you'd think 'he looks about level' or 'he's just about off/on' then  the game would just continue, whatever the decision was. Unless it was a huge error it was never mentioned again, and the huge errors were few and far between. I'd take that every day over the dire VAR we have today.

Also it's doing my head in people criticizing Liverpool and Arsenal for releasing statements like both incidents are even comparable. We were well within our rights to release our statement on the basis of a unprecedented decision where the VAR team have come to a conclusion and its not been relayed to the ref. Literally never happened before in any league.

Arsenal just complaining about a subjective decision and incidents where the VAR couldn't prove something so the on field decision remained. This happens every week across all leagues and we should not be tarred with the same brush.

Just wait until they are having quick add breaks during VAR decisions.

"This VAR break was sponsored by Mc Donalds, go grab that big mac after the big game for that winning taste"......

Think it's far fetched, so was a world cup in Qatar in December a few years ago or a Saudi team possibly spending 200m on Salah next summer.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21051 on: November 7, 2023, 02:02:31 pm »

"This VAR break was sponsored by Mc Donalds, go grab that big mac after the big game for that winning taste"......

Think it's far fetched, so was a world cup in Qatar in December a few years ago or a Saudi team possibly spending 200m on Salah next summer.

I have no doubt that there will be some form of sponsor below the VAR logo in due course. It's already on the scoreboard!

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21052 on: November 7, 2023, 04:21:00 pm »
When you see them take two or three minutes looking at different angles to see if someone is offside while at the same time a pundit has called it within one replay. They are reffing scared right now as if you cant draw a line across the pitch n come to a decision within 20 seconds then something is wrong.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #21053 on: November 7, 2023, 05:08:07 pm »
When you see them take two or three minutes looking at different angles to see if someone is offside while at the same time a pundit has called it within one replay. They are reffing scared right now as if you cant draw a line across the pitch n come to a decision within 20 seconds then something is wrong.

I think that's a result of the Spurs-Liverpool fuck up as well, they know they can't afford another howler like that. England thought he could as he screwed us last season and got away with it.

If they'd gone forward with the automated offsides they could have made things a lot easier for themselves.

Just fuck off VAR off first and foremost, it doesn't work. Problem then is you've then got to sort out the state of the refereeing, but the worse the refs are then the worst VAR will be when the same refs are using it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #21054 on: November 7, 2023, 08:10:26 pm »
Former ref Keith Hackett seems to claim he knows that 2 people (likely Carragher and Neville) have been asked to quieten down criticism of the refs

https://x.com/hackettref/status/1721791143950594106?s=46&t=jCPbk4G147VnXk0LjMfysg
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #21055 on: November 8, 2023, 12:12:33 am »
I think that's a result of the Spurs-Liverpool fuck up as well, they know they can't afford another howler like that. England thought he could as he screwed us last season and got away with it.

If they'd gone forward with the automated offsides they could have made things a lot easier for themselves.

Just fuck off VAR off first and foremost, it doesn't work. Problem then is you've then got to sort out the state of the refereeing, but the worse the refs are then the worst VAR will be when the same refs are using it.

The thing is, I think VAR works. It doesn’t work as well as it should because people are incompetent but the overarching point and capability of the technology should almost definitely yield more correct outcomes.

I remain an overall supporter of VAR, despite the ways in which it has failed. Just sack the people running it at the moment and replace them with non incompetents and we’ll be laughing.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #21056 on: November 8, 2023, 01:34:28 am »

If anyone should ask for VAR to be fucked off it's PGMOL, because VAR is showing everyone how awfully run that organisation is. VAR (and the pressure by the club and the public to release the audio) made them look like fools and it will keep making them look like fools, because that's how their organisation is run. The issue everything boils down to is incompetent refs making the decisions. If there was no VAR they wouldn't suddenly become great refs. All the incompetence would just be brushed under the carpet. Is that what we want? Out of sight out of mind? I don't. I want a reform of how the whole refereeing system works in England. That can either be by changing how PGMOL is operating or by setting up a new organisation. We need refs to have proper training, we need to have accountability, we need clear rules of what they can and can't do (or what matches they can or can't ref especially in foreign countries) and we need transparency. Getting rid of VAR won't give us any of those things. All it does is, it makes it easier for them to get away with all the incompetence and bias.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21057 on: November 8, 2023, 07:32:36 am »
The thing is, I think VAR works. It doesn’t work as well as it should because people are incompetent but the overarching point and capability of the technology should almost definitely yield more correct outcomes.

I remain an overall supporter of VAR, despite the ways in which it has failed. Just sack the people running it at the moment and replace them with non incompetents and we’ll be laughing.

It doesn't work. There is more controversial talking points now than ever. That's why Sky and the other networks love it as it gives them more rubbish to talk about, more clicks, more revenue etc...

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #21058 on: November 8, 2023, 07:39:32 am »
Saw that Newcastle goal against Arsenal again yesterday.

Joelington knows he has pushed the defender and fully expects it to be disallowed, in fact he doesn't even celebrate immediately. He just walks nonchantly away like a guy who has put the ball in the net despite knowing that the offside flag was alraedy up.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21059 on: November 8, 2023, 07:52:39 am »
It doesn't work. There is more controversial talking points now than ever. That's why Sky and the other networks love it as it gives them more rubbish to talk about, more clicks, more revenue etc...

It works great... when implemented right

Prime example of this. https://youtu.be/qqdRxHHW89g?si=mB5tSvqAGf9m3sZI

The issue is the officials

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #21060 on: November 8, 2023, 08:27:03 am »

Absolutely, they have done it over here{Aust} in the Rugby league.. the "KFC Bunker check",, every time there was a bunker decision{Bunker is the same as var} there would be an advert for KFC.. now being the conspiracy nutter that i am, said to my aussie mates,,"there wont be a check on this, i reckon KFC have already spent their budget for this match"{thats me assuming they pay X amount for advert during the match}..
JFT 96

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #21061 on: November 8, 2023, 01:50:12 pm »
Paul Tierney to referee Liverpool v Brentford on Sunday, with Stuart Attwell on VAR. Absolutely incredible. Shambles
@FA_PGMOL

:butt
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21062 on: November 8, 2023, 02:10:59 pm »
Although VAR mostly got things right by all accounts in our game on Monday - it still made it an absolute shit show to watch. Barely a refereeing decision went by without everyone looking over to the screens in expectation of a VAR check.

They always said VAR wouldn't be re-refereeing the games but it certainly felt like that was the case on Monday. Feels like less and less is being left in the referees hands.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21063 on: November 8, 2023, 02:19:23 pm »
Although VAR mostly got things right by all accounts in our game on Monday - it still made it an absolute shit show to watch. Barely a refereeing decision went by without everyone looking over to the screens in expectation of a VAR check.

They always said VAR wouldn't be re-refereeing the games but it certainly felt like that was the case on Monday. Feels like less and less is being left in the referees hands.

Referees are definitely giving less, no doubt because they know they can fall back on VAR. I'd imagine this is also because there will have been plenty of occasions where VAR hasn't overturned a decision that the referee has looked back on and recognised they got it wrong.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21064 on: November 8, 2023, 02:20:11 pm »
He did back Klopp, you only read the quotes sky talksport and mellisa ready wanted you to read.

Where did he back Klopp?  :rollseyes
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #21065 on: November 8, 2023, 02:42:00 pm »
It should just be bin bagged, it's taken the joy out of a goal being scored and now instead of being pissed off with one bloke who admittedly got it wrong due to having to make an instant judgement you are now pissed off with three or four people who have the technology to view it numerous times and still get it wrong  :butt

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21066 on: November 8, 2023, 04:05:25 pm »

VAR causes more problems than it solves when it gets involved in subjective decisions. Arteta fuming over the goal being given, but if it's Arsenal scoring that he'd be equally fuming if it was ruled out. Eddie Howe obviously endorses the decision to allow the goal.

This is primarily where the 'clear and obvious' distinction comes in but even that's too subjective.

Offsides are supposed to be objective but far too often it's still cocked up (Arsenal and United against us last season and the Spurs one this season, Arsenal-Brentford, the one City scored against Fulham etc etc).

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21067 on: November 8, 2023, 04:18:22 pm »
VAR causes more problems than it solves when it gets involved in subjective decisions. Arteta fuming over the goal being given, but if it's Arsenal scoring that he'd be equally fuming if it was ruled out. Eddie Howe obviously endorses the decision to allow the goal.

This is primarily where the 'clear and obvious' distinction comes in but even that's too subjective.

Offsides are supposed to be objective but far too often it's still cocked up (Arsenal and United against us last season and the Spurs one this season, Arsenal-Brentford, the one City scored against Fulham etc etc).

Just have automated offsides and goal line technology. The VAR reviews on red cards and handballs are largely a joke which should be binned.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #21068 on: November 8, 2023, 05:24:05 pm »
Read that Postecoglu was magnanimous about the decisions that went against him. I’m sorry but it’s easy to be magnanimous when the decisions are absolutely 100% justifiable, even if there was a hint of grey on the Romero one. See what it’s like when a clear goal that shouldn’t have been given gets given or one that you score that should be is taken away - be fucking magnanimous then you fuckin prick.

I’m in agreement that instead of going ‘haha Arsenal karma’ we as fans should back them. We get fucked over more than most teams so be nice if showed some solidarity.

I agree as well. Instead of using Arteta's (media cherry-picked) comments, we should all be circling wagons together against a common foe. But no, we'll react the same way other fans react and rather than move forward, we'll continue to cross our arms and pout in the corner about how Arteta didn't support us the 'right' way. And then wonder why/complain that nothing changes.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #21069 on: November 9, 2023, 09:35:10 am »
There is a noise from Man United fans that they are being harshly treated by referee's at the moment. Will be funny to see Neville blow his 'Don't blame the refs' line live on tele should they get another few calls go against them.

Carragher already let his Sky Sports mask slip last night tweeting to get rid of VAR.

These 2 were so obviously told to defend PGMOL, it's hard to take them serious over anything else (if anyone actually did)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21070 on: November 9, 2023, 09:35:55 am »
There is a noise from Man United fans that they are being harshly treated by referee's at the moment. Will be funny to see Neville blow his 'Don't blame the refs' line live on tele should they get another few calls go against them.

Carragher already let his Sky Sports mask slip last night tweeting to get rid of VAR.

These 2 were so obviously told to defend PGMOL, it's hard to take them serious over anything else (if anyone actually did)

It can't be the refs to blame for them being shit, it's all the Glazer's fault
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #21071 on: November 9, 2023, 10:58:49 am »
It was very obvious they were told to quiet down or face consequences. Pathetic from both of them but nothing surprising unfortunately. I listened to Neville on YouTube after the Tottenham - Chelsea for a few mins and he was going on about how pathetic Arsenal's response was and how our response was undermining the game. Embarrassing really, even for him.

Be interesting to see how this all pans out, can see more clubs come out to criticise them when they inevitable get fucked over by the refs.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21072 on: November 9, 2023, 11:28:14 am »

Carragher is a muppet. He's always defended VAR previously. It's always been terrible.

Just shows with them 2 the money trumps everything else with that well paid job. If they had integrity they'd speak their mind.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #21073 on: November 9, 2023, 11:32:23 am »
I'll be honest, I can't see the controversy in the Rashford red card. Whether he means it or not is completely irrelevant, he is nowhere near the ball and plants a straight leg into the bottom of guys calf. It's reckless and dangerous. He would have got away with it if it was on the foot or even the ankle, but if you are that high on the leg with studs up and a straight leg then it is always going to be a red card. Intent has nothing to do with it, nor does the fact that 'Zidane used to do it all the time' as Scholes and Hargreaves kept using as some kind of defence...

The problem now is that managers and pundits are making such a fuss about every VAR decision that it starts to water down the effectiveness of the complaints about legitimate VAR f*ck ups. It's easy now for PGMOL and defenders of VAR to just say that there is some kind of agenda against VAR and group all of the complaints together.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #21074 on: November 9, 2023, 11:41:08 am »
Can someone remind why was var introduced again??!!

Cause now it's blatantly obvious it's being used by refs/pgmol to alter/change/influence the result of the match!

You cannot be making this many wrong mistakes/decisions naturally week in week out if you're not corrupt/biased!
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21075 on: November 9, 2023, 11:48:02 am »

Cause now it's blatantly obvious it's being used by refs/pgmol to alter/change/influence the result of the match!

You cannot be making this many wrong mistakes/decisions naturally week in week out if you're not corrupt/biased!

Decisions in football are too subjective on the whole, so each side expect them to go their way.

Historically people were more inclined to accept the refs decision unless it was a howler. Sky and the like poring over every decision didn't help, you'd have a group of pundits who couldn't agree with a decision, so why would they woth VAR?VAR was hailed as ending those controversies but it's a total mess with subjective decisions.

Managers like Arteta and Mourinho are more one eyed than ever as well and can't accept Decisions against them. Manchester United can't cope when anything goes against them.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2023, 11:51:56 am by Fromola »

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #21076 on: November 9, 2023, 11:53:29 am »
I just don't enjoy it as much anymore. I don't go the actual game as much as I used to but either in the ground or on TV, it just isn't the same. VAR has not been a success, the implementation of it and misuse of it is obscene and the flow of games is just non-existent a lot of the time. The actual football is secondary; all football fans across the board seem to talk about now is VAR and referees and that is not a good thing by any stretch.

Bin it. The refs will influence games and screw teams over with or without VAR. Some will always get beneficial decisions. So for the quality of the football match, the flow of the game, and the beauty of football, get fucking rid of it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #21077 on: November 9, 2023, 12:02:50 pm »

All the fuss today is about VAR decisions in European competition, nothing to do with the shambles over here.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21078 on: November 9, 2023, 12:24:06 pm »
All the fuss today is about VAR decisions in European competition, nothing to do with the shambles over here.
Yes last couple of weeks been a few strange decisions in european games which takes me back what I'm alluding to that refs/var can now change or influence a result. There's seriously something rotten going on with the implementation of VAR in football.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21079 on: November 9, 2023, 12:27:04 pm »
Something needs to be done asap as the game is turning into a fucking fiasco world wide :wanker :wanker :butt :butt :no :no