Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1371295 times)

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Well, another weekend coming up. Wonder what will be the talking points this weekend.
Hopefully, there will be 3, as far as we are concerned.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well, another weekend coming up. Wonder what will be the talking points this weekend.

Brendan getting fuck all at Anfield, Newcastle beating Man Utd and Wolves nicking a draw at the Emptyhad
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
What a fucking surprise that it doesn’t over rule another possible pen even though the ref was about 40m away.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What a fucking surprise that it doesn’t over rule another possible pen even though the ref was about 40m away.

That is EXACTLY why VAR was needed, ref far to far away to see, so he fucking guesses at his decision - the TV camera PROVE he was wrong in his guess, yet the fucking shithouses don't overrule him. Fucking joke.

How many times did Hoddle change his mind as well?

Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
Collina has backed me up. Case closed. Only those who've had two orgasms in a row will understand what real excitement is. You have to know what it's like play the active and passive role all at once, the doer, the receiver, the watcher and the watched.

“I don’t think VAR kills the excitement of a goal celebration, if anything it increases the level of excitement. You get to celebrate twice, when scoring and when it’s confirmed," said Collina.

Full story here
https://www.goal.com/en/news/var-increases-the-level-of-excitement-in-football-says-legendary-/j4tl3qwu1di917mtvfediw6z9
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
VAR has been great today....lol.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SOHC

• Main Stander
Hawk-Eye company apologises for VAR confusion
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50112447

The company that provides the Premier League's video assistant referee (VAR) technology has apologised to Tottenham and Watford fans after an incorrect graphic was sent to the big screen during Saturday's 1-1 draw.

Dele Alli rescued a point for Spurs after a VAR review for handball decided the goal had been correctly awarded.

However, initially the big screen wrongly indicated a 'no goal' verdict.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XMIu58Z5C3c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XMIu58Z5C3c</a>

Offline goliath377

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I've been pro-VAR but I must admit that current implementation of it is shit. Not a tech issue though... Should stick just to offsides this season and come up with a different protocol for other issues.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:04:44 am by goliath377 »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
VAR has been great today....lol.

I thought it worked well bar the slight confusion as posted above.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
BT need to quietly edge Walton out because he's embarrassing now.

So last night he said there was enough contact to justify Rose's pen, but not enough to justify Bayern's and on Saturday there was not enough contact for Mane's to be a pen.

I'm sure the laws talk about things like trip or attempt to trip, kick or attempt to kick etc. So if that's the case how can "not enough contact for a pen" be a valid consideration.

There is not one pen claim that we've had this season that he's agreed with, but the pens against have all been justified. Was there enough contact for a pen for Abraham in the Super Cup or against Robbo v Napoli.

It's a shambles.

The classic was last season when Pickford touched the ball off the forwards toe but a penno was awarded. Walton said the ref was correct because although Pickford had touched the ball before the man, his momentum carried him into the forward and stopped the forward from regaining the ball.
He just made up an interpretation of the law to justify his mates cock up.
He was shite when he was on the pitch he’s even worse now he actually has time to think of excuses.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Fuck VAR

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
Scandalous.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
If they can't even see what Lindelöf did in a fucking replay what's the god damn fucking use of it?

Seriously VAR can get to fuck. Pointless one-minute delays for some fucknut not seen on telly to make the wrong decision regardless. If VAR got stuff right I'd still be 75 % against it but now? Really? Get a grip. Whining about crooked referees is part of what makes football fun anyway.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 05:26:26 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
They need to scrap it. Absolute waste of time

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
This is the first weekend that mainstream pundits openly said the way it's used is absolute shit.
Noise will get even louder after this match.
This is absolutely shocking.

Klopp is 100% bound to get a ban or fine after this game.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Needs fucked off. It's not the system, its the corrupt c*nts behind it.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
This is the first weekend that mainstream pundits openly said the way it's used is absolute shit.
Noise will get even louder after this match.
This is absolutely shocking.

Klopp is 100% bound to get a ban or fine after this game.

There has even been example of a team having their goal ruled out because the other team should've had a penalty 30 seconds before. I mean... modern football was already shit as it was. Give the linesmen/women GPS technology for offsides and otherwise leave it alone.
Linudden.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pointless.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
Waste of time having it might as well stick to the usual bent system. No point having something to stop it that doesn't

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Shows the refs for the corrupt c*nts that they are.

Fuck it off and sort the disgrace that is refereeing
Jurgen YNWA

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
It works in other countries, should be binned here, been an absolute disgrace.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
It works in other countries, should be binned here, been an absolute disgrace.

Yep.

It’s pretty obvious the powers that be don’t want it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Shows the refs for the corrupt c*nts that they are.

Fuck it off and sort the disgrace that is refereeing
The demise of refereeing in the PL coincided with Mike Riley's appointment as the head of Referees.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
You knew sooner or later we were gonna get VAR'd. Just so happens it's at OT. What an absolute shocker of a surprise there, eh? Dare I say it, and don't hate me for saying it, but next it'll be against Abu Dhabi FC. It's not just us, and today isn't the only reason. Just look at the fucking state of the decisions yesterday. These c*nts would fuck up a cup of coffee if you asked them to make you one. They have the benefit of about 40 camera angles, slow motion, zoom lenses, the lot. And they still fuck up a big call. Occam's razor suggests the obvious, if you really think about it for more than 5 seconds.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Watching Premier league officials using this technology is like watching your Grandad try to use a smartphone.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
I'm not sure that I understand the meaning of clear and obvious anymore, since the introduction of Var in the premier league.  The worst part of some of the horrible decisions is the mental gymnastics and convoluted explanations by some commentators to justify poor decisions made by the VAR ref.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 07:11:07 pm by wheresnemeth »
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Referee: Martin Atkinson.
Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis.
Fourth official: Jonathan Moss.
VAR: David Coote. He's ref'd 3 PL matches and 3 Championship matches this season.
Assistant VAR: Marc Perry. Mainly an Assistant Ref for matches.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Watching Premier league officials using this technology is like watching your Grandad try to use a smartphone.

Nah.

This is very much the same as doing housework. Mum used to ask to hoover the living, I’d leave crumbs all over the carpet. Doesn’t mean I don’t know how to use the Dyson....just didn’t want to do it again.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Xabisfeet

• Anny Roader
Interesting that Jurgen suggested that the (embarrassingly home banker) ref was inclined to play on for Man U's goal as he would be thinking that VAR would identify any foul that might have occurred.

Of course it didn't for reasons we are well aware of.

VAR is wrong for so many reasons.  This is another one for the list

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
VAR: David Coote. He's ref'd 3 PL matches and 3 Championship matches this season.

So they picked a guy with zero experience to be VAR at the biggest game in the league?

Watch him mysteriously rise through the ranks in the coming months. He'll probably be appointed ref when we play them at Anfield in January.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/c2fNf7Lds0c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/c2fNf7Lds0c</a>

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Watching Premier league officials using this technology is like watching your Grandad Grandson try to use a smartphone tool.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
So they picked a guy with zero experience to be VAR at the biggest game in the league?

Watch him mysteriously rise through the ranks in the coming months. He'll probably be appointed ref when we play them at Anfield in January.
How much experience does one need to call and obvious foul, that's clearly visible on a tv screen.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
VAR is shite. It’s pretty much there for offsides and handballs. You’ll get away with fouls and diving still. What’s the fucking point of it. Why doesn’t the referee go have another look at the decision if the VAR refs are checking it and hold their hands up and say they made a mistake at that time

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why can't they review the incidents like they do in MLS on the side of the pitch?

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why can't they review the incidents like they do in MLS on the side of the pitch?

And the Bunseliga. Watched Frankfurt/Leverkusen on Friday. VAR was used flawlessly with the ref able to view and over rule his own decisions on the side of the pitch.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Every referee needs terminating. Every one. Start over. If they're too arrogant to accept VAR decisions, they shouldn't be refereeing.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
May as well get rid of it. If you're going to retain the same useless c*nts as before you had the technology you're probably still going to get the same useless c*nts making the same shit decisions as you did before they had the technology. Seems my hopes were too high for VAR and reality is setting in.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bunch of middle aged blokes, whose job it is to run around after incredibly fit men between 10 and 20 years their junior and in their physical prime playing a very quick game, are given a tool to make their job that bit easier.  Many people have an element of sympathy with them as it’s almost universally accepted it’s a tough sport to keep up with and get every decision correct 100% of the time.

Instead of accepting and embracing it in an attempt to improve the overall performance of their profession, they get all precious about the suggestion that they might be infallible, and not able to keep up with everything going on on the field of the play. So instead they use it to pretend to themselves that they are omnipotent, rarely if ever make a mistake and make the whole thing a back patting exercise. And then somehow delude themselves into believing that everyone else can’t see right through it.

It’s just a bit sad, really. I think we all know someone who gets very defensive at the suggestion they might be wrong about something. It seems the head of PGMOL is one of them.  I don’t know, maybe getting to that level of referee requires a certain level of arrogance and supreme self belief if you’ve got to put up with people arguing with you for 90 minutes a couple of times a week.  An element of humility wouldn’t go amiss though.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 10:55:44 pm by Kekuleyule y'all! »