Author Topic: Wimbledon 2017  (Read 82165 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wimbledon 2017
« Reply #1640 on: July 18, 2017, 10:27:33 am »
He competed 19 times, so there is bound to be 11 losses - and four of those were before he even won a single Grand Slam in his wild early years. In finals he only lost once to Nadal and twice to Djokovic.

I never commented on the losses, just gave a list of players who have beaten him at Wimbledon  :)

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #1641 on: July 18, 2017, 10:53:45 am »
I never commented on the losses, just gave a list of players who have beaten him at Wimbledon  :)

I know, I just added some context  ;)
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1642 on: July 18, 2017, 11:00:04 am »
Andy Murray is to Grand Slam's what Juventus is to the Champion's League.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1643 on: July 18, 2017, 11:03:46 am »
Andy Murray is to Grand Slam's what Juventus is to the Champion's League.

And Leyton Hewitt is Nottingham Forest.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1644 on: July 19, 2017, 10:47:46 am »
Murray won two GS against Djokovic, but he lost 8 GS finals against Federer and Djokovic. But that's the case for all the others too: Federer lost 9 GS finals against Djokovic and Nadal. Djokovic lost 5 finals against Nadal and Federer, plus two against Murray and two against Wawrinka. Nadal lost 6 finals against Djokovic and Federer and one against Wawrinka. Murray just didn't reach enough finals and if he did, his score is 2:8 against Federer/Nadal/Djokovic. Most of the time he was eliminated at the semi final stage by one of those three (or lately Wawrinka).

He's been incredibly unlucky as I said. He's reached FIVE Australian Open finals. That's incredible. It is just his luck to come up against the two most success players in Australian Open history in those finals whilst those players were in their peaks.

He's one of very few men in the history of the game to reach the final of every slam at some point. He's reached more semi finals and quarters finals that most players in history, he is top 10 for both of those and will probably finish his career top 5. And I wouldn't bet against him finishing top 10 for slam finals reached as well by the time he retires as he is only 4 off that list at the moment.He's already top 10 for slam finals reached in the open era. He's a genuinely incredible tennis player, and for me will go down as one of the best ever as I believe he will win another couple slams. Not tier 1 with Roger, Rafa, Novak, Laver, Sampras and Borg. But alongside the likes of Becker, Edberg, McEnroe etc

You look at his list of accomplishments already and it is quite incredible.

3 Slams.
45 career titles.
Davis Cup.
2 Olympic Golds.
Number 1 ranking.
Year End Champion.