Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2926781 times)

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Reply #29840 on: April 27, 2024, 04:12:54 pm »
Would be madness to sell him imo especially if both him and Arne would like to work together.

Regardless of his pace there's a huge potential of Mo reinventing himself as a playmaker in the final third. This season his chance creating skills have been incredible. Move him centrally , get movement ahead of him and he'll create chances for fun. If Mo would want to do this we'll get a few years out him as a world-class playmaker/lock picker.

Him and Trent are huge conundrums but if you find a way to utilize their skills to the maximum all the while somehow finding good balance in the team we will definitely remain relevant in a foreseeable future.

He’s still arguably the most creative player in the league.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29841 on: April 27, 2024, 04:14:02 pm »
He's surely off.

Hopefully for big money. The cheek of him.

Offline mensor

• Definitely not MENSA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #29842 on: April 27, 2024, 04:15:43 pm »
He’s still arguably the most creative player in the league.
Arguably is doing a lot of work here.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #29843 on: April 27, 2024, 04:16:57 pm »
Fuck was up with the pass to Nunez on the break though?

Love Mo but Jesus

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #29844 on: April 27, 2024, 04:16:58 pm »
Sigh.

If this is the end of Salah's time at Liverpool, what a terrible way to be going out after everything he has done.

Klopp and Salah's time.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29845 on: April 27, 2024, 04:17:15 pm »
Arguably is doing a lot of work here.

You think, why so?

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #29846 on: April 27, 2024, 04:18:59 pm »
You think, why so?
When's the last time he took a game by the scruff of the neck and ran the show?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #29847 on: April 27, 2024, 04:19:12 pm »
Nothing to see.

Didn't Milly have a go at Klopp at West Ham when subbed off and we then scored.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #29848 on: April 27, 2024, 04:19:47 pm »
Klopp didn't make you fast during your injury recovery, Salah. Look elsewhere for somebody to blame for your form issues.
Not sure what him fasting has to do with any of it, but carry on
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #29849 on: April 27, 2024, 04:20:17 pm »
This is why Klopp is a better manager than me. In that situation on the touchline I'd have told him to get his trackkie top back on and sit down.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29850 on: April 27, 2024, 04:21:44 pm »
https://x.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1784236847402549662

Started from Klopp trying to avoid a Klopp handshake/hug when coming on. So a bit on Salah then. Don't think he has a right to complain when he's been so poor. Unnecessary post match comments too.

It will be squashed by the time they get home. Just not needed at the very end is it?

Hope it's all smiles by the final day so we can give them both a good send off.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29851 on: April 27, 2024, 04:22:50 pm »
Would be madness to sell him imo especially if both him and Arne would like to work together.

Regardless of his pace there's a huge potential of Mo reinventing himself as a playmaker in the final third. This season his chance creating skills have been incredible. Move him centrally , get movement ahead of him and he'll create chances for fun. If Mo would want to do this we'll get a few years out him as a world-class playmaker/lock picker.

Him and Trent are huge conundrums but if you find a way to utilize their skills to the maximum all the while somehow finding good balance in the team we will definitely remain relevant in a foreseeable future.

He's been all this for years. He has already reinvented himself successfully. He's not shit because he's getting old or lacking pace. Something is off with him. I don't know what that is, but I'm convinced his dreadful form the past 6 weeks is a mental thing.

If I had to guess, I'd say he's been told that a new deal isn't forthcoming and his form has gone to shit. Pure speculation on my part of course, but I'm just trying to figure out or theorise how this enormous drop-off has happened.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29852 on: April 27, 2024, 04:23:45 pm »
Nobody knows what Klopp said to Salah before getting mad, but here we are, with the pitchforks out and calling him all sorts of names.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #29853 on: April 27, 2024, 04:25:16 pm »
Klopp said it was dealt with in dressing room. That should be the end.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29854 on: April 27, 2024, 04:25:44 pm »
https://x.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1784236847402549662

Started from Klopp trying to avoid a Klopp handshake/hug when coming on. So a bit on Salah then. Don't think he has a right to complain when he's been so poor. Unnecessary post match comments too.

It will be squashed by the time they get home. Just not needed at the very end is it?

Hope it's all smiles by the final day so we can give them both a good send off.

That video puts it a bit more on Salah acting the sulk. It's not a storm and isn't going to have much of an effect on the last few games, but honestly I don't like what I'm seeing there.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29855 on: April 27, 2024, 04:26:35 pm »
Nobody knows what Klopp said to Salah before getting mad, but here we are, with the pitchforks out and calling him all sorts of names.

I heard Klopp told him his hair looked shit.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29856 on: April 27, 2024, 04:27:50 pm »

I agree while you should not argue with the manager, if he (klopp) said something thats bang out of order then i think we would all defend ourselves. The bit that made me feel its kinda important is when the female said "fire?", he said "yes ofcourse!" .

Its probably nothing but its obviously important to Salah.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29857 on: April 27, 2024, 04:29:12 pm »
Nothing to see.

Didn't Milly have a go at Klopp at West Ham when subbed off and we then scored.

There's been loads of it over the years. In isolation it's nothing.

But in the context of Salah being an absolute mile off it for 6 weeks and clearly sulking with the manager because he's not starting, it's a little different and not a good look.

I can understand players not being happy at being subbed off in a game because their blood is up from playing and they're not thinking rationally, but when a player tries to avoid embracing the manager when getting subbed on, it isn't great.

Edit - Some context in all this as well: Klopp isn't a fucking wanker like Erik Ten Hag. He's helped Salah become the player he is, he's helped him win everything that matters in the game, and he's soon leaving to take a break because he's practically on the verge of a breakdown. Throughout all of these past 6 weeks of Salah being hopeless and missing chance after chance, Klopp hasn't in any way been critical in public. For Salah to then sulk anyway over getting dropped for awful form and act like the manager is a problem to him is pretty bad in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 04:38:54 pm by decosabute »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29858 on: April 27, 2024, 04:31:24 pm »

Klopp: Fuck sake, they've scored. Mo, why can't you do that?

Mo: Why I oughtta...!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #29859 on: April 27, 2024, 04:34:25 pm »
The question is what do we judge it on, because the form he had before AFCON justifies him being thought of as one of the best players in the world…

Do we also make the same agreement for Haaland who has had a similar run of bad form?

Haaland and Salah are at totally different stages of their careers though. The only way Salah can stay at the top for me is to have his minutes managed. He starts seasons well but then just gets burnt out.

A couple of years ago he was absolutely unplayable until the AFCON and then fell off a cliff.

He has lost a yard and whilst he has reinvented himself as a provider. The issue is that he has never contributed properly defensively. He was allowed to cheat because his pace made him unstoppable on counterattacks. That is no longer the case. Plus he can no longer beat his man against a low block. Still a top player but no longer undroppable, something he seems unable to deal with.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #29860 on: April 27, 2024, 04:38:07 pm »
Not a big deal. Everything to play for obviously Salah wants to start and it's fair of him to be worked up over it. And to come on so late in the match probably didn't help. He could have come at 60-70min when we're up 2-1 and I don't think this happens.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29861 on: April 27, 2024, 04:40:19 pm »
When's the last time he took a game by the scruff of the neck and ran the show?

Against Brentford.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #29862 on: April 27, 2024, 04:42:14 pm »
Seemed to me a bit like Mo was intimating that the media would build it up into something more than it was if he spoke about it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29863 on: April 27, 2024, 04:42:43 pm »
Not a big deal. Everything to play for obviously Salah wants to start and it's fair of him to be worked up over it. And to come on so late in the match probably didn't help. He could have come at 60-70min when we're up 2-1 and I don't think this happens.

There was everything to play for in dozen previous games when he was a passenger. Now he has found his spark? Enough of it to vent at Klopp? Yeah.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29864 on: April 27, 2024, 04:43:15 pm »
Haaland and Salah are at totally different stages of their careers though. The only way Salah can stay at the top for me is to have his minutes managed. He starts seasons well but then just gets burnt out.

A couple of years ago he was absolutely unplayable until the AFCON and then fell off a cliff.

He has lost a yard and whilst he has reinvented himself as a provider. The issue is that he has never contributed properly defensively. He was allowed to cheat because his pace made him unstoppable on counterattacks. That is no longer the case. Plus he can no longer beat his man against a low block. Still a top player but no longer undroppable, something he seems unable to deal with.

Agree with that, he needs to retire from Egypt first and foremost, if his insistent on still playing for them then maybe it’s time we move him on.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #29865 on: April 27, 2024, 04:44:44 pm »
He’s been out of it for weeks. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already agreed terms elsewhere

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #29866 on: April 27, 2024, 04:44:46 pm »
These things happen. It happens between players on the same team, it happens between coaches and players and it happens between manager and players. The main difference this time is that it was on full display for the world to see. They will cool down, clear up any differences and be back on good terms within 24 hours.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #29867 on: April 27, 2024, 04:45:37 pm »
I thought Mo run more today when he came on in the 77th minute today than he had since the game at Brentford 2 months back. I love him and Klopp for what they've done at the club but, they'll both be off this summer.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #29868 on: April 27, 2024, 04:47:19 pm »
Love Salah but …

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29869 on: April 27, 2024, 04:49:29 pm »
He can leave now for all I care.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29870 on: April 27, 2024, 04:49:47 pm »
I heard Klopp told him his hair looked shit.

It’s been a quick change hasn’t it for Salahs hair? So thick, and glorious a year or two back, but yeah it’s not the same now. Maybe because my hair is starting to do the same that I can sympathise with him, and see how it’s been affecting his form lately.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #29871 on: April 27, 2024, 04:50:27 pm »
He can leave now for all I care.

;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29872 on: April 27, 2024, 04:50:43 pm »
There was everything to play for in dozen previous games when he was a passenger. Now he has found his spark? Enough of it to vent at Klopp? Yeah.

I agree.

All this, "I want to see the players angry" stuff is fine in certain situations. I don't mind players being annoyed at getting subbed off - they back themselves to still do something in the game, or are perhaps venting disappointment in themselves. But what Salah does in that video is almost Ronaldo-esque to me. Or like Tevez and Balotelli at City.

In public at least, Klopp has defended Salah, never criticised him publicly, and mostly kept starting him despite extended abysmal form. And Salah strops and won't shake his hand properly when he then brings him on. That isn't showing passion or fight or spark - it's being a twat.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 05:23:44 pm by decosabute »

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29873 on: April 27, 2024, 04:50:43 pm »
It’s been a quick change hasn’t it for Salahs hair? So thick, and glorious a year or two back, but yeah it’s not the same now. Maybe because my hair is starting to do the same that I can sympathise with him, and see how it’s been affecting his form lately.

Hair today, gone tomorrow.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #29874 on: April 27, 2024, 04:54:06 pm »
He will probably leave in the summer anyway.

Been a brilliant servant.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #29875 on: April 27, 2024, 04:55:22 pm »
Not like Rawk to overreact is it? 😚
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #29876 on: April 27, 2024, 04:58:45 pm »

Precisely.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29877 on: April 27, 2024, 04:59:11 pm »
He looked good when he came on. That burst of pace he showed is something I’ve not seen in a while. We need a pissed off Salah with a point to prove in the final 3 games of the season.

Damn … only 3 games under Klopp left. 🥹
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29878 on: April 27, 2024, 05:07:41 pm »
Not like Rawk to overreact is it? 😚

Not like you to be dismissive of other's opinions, is it?

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29879 on: April 27, 2024, 05:09:19 pm »
He will probably leave in the summer anyway.

Been a brilliant servant.
Thats basically it in 2 short sentences.