Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2942162 times)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #7640 on: January 12, 2019, 10:18:28 pm »
I really think he wants to win this League more than any of us. And I’m absolutely fine with that.

He is absolutely elite.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7641 on: January 12, 2019, 10:27:00 pm »
Think he will end up with 30 goals at the minimum this year.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7642 on: January 12, 2019, 10:30:03 pm »
Our best player. Makes things happen.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7643 on: January 12, 2019, 10:32:55 pm »
Would have been incredible if he celebrated like that today.
It's like that Bebeto baby celebration but Salah's baby is that trophy

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7645 on: January 13, 2019, 11:37:20 am »
He was excellent, especially in that decisive period after half time. But do you think that was Mo saying he'll sort it, or a tactical change from Klopp to get Mo more into the game? Has Klopp said anything about it in interviews?

Interesting. Guess we can’t be sure. What we can be sure of is that Mo has the ability to go and play that role and drag us to a win.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7646 on: January 13, 2019, 11:41:39 am »
He was excellent, especially in that decisive period after half time. But do you think that was Mo saying he'll sort it, or a tactical change from Klopp to get Mo more into the game? Has Klopp said anything about it in interviews?

From my viewing it was his decision. Klopp spoke to him later in the half and Mo then stayed higher.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7647 on: January 13, 2019, 12:56:34 pm »
Huge pressure on that penalty and he fucking buried it - top class

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #7648 on: January 13, 2019, 01:43:47 pm »
Hardly saw him during the first half - thought he had a serious off day. Then he came out blazing first five minutes of the second half and did what was needed. The hallmark of a quality attacker is delivering in adversity and he did so. Well done.
Linudden.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7649 on: January 13, 2019, 02:17:30 pm »
Its great to see him back on top of the Leading Goalscorer list.

Hope Kane has a dull 0-0 today.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7650 on: January 13, 2019, 02:36:43 pm »
Nice to see him celebrate scoring goals again ;D

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7651 on: January 13, 2019, 02:53:13 pm »
:D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7654 on: January 13, 2019, 04:00:48 pm »
Yeah, but the body language.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #7655 on: January 14, 2019, 07:19:15 pm »
Nice to see our players coming out in support of Mo(Robbo and Hendo) and calling out the baloney in the media about the recent penalties.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7656 on: January 15, 2019, 09:09:30 am »

"Scuse me, while I kiss the sky"

Hendo ain't the only one whose maracas are visible  ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #7657 on: January 15, 2019, 10:56:32 am »

This needs to be a goal celebration, maybe not right now as Mo is purely businesslike at the moment, maybe in the last game of the season :D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #7658 on: January 16, 2019, 06:21:44 am »
If he keeps playing like this and we win the Champions League, the ballon d'or would probably be between him and Virgil. Crazy.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #7659 on: January 16, 2019, 09:27:09 am »
I really think he wants to win this League more than any of us.

Absolutely. That interview he did for Sky Sports where he said he's already put the date of the Wolves game (last game of the season) in his diary, knows the dates of the run in off by heart. He's proper ready for this. And I love how angry he is about it. Be he was fuming after losing to City. He's everything the fan wants in a footballer.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #7660 on: January 16, 2019, 09:51:38 am »
If he keeps playing like this and we win the Champions League, the ballon d'or would probably be between him and Virgil. Crazy.
I love the optimism but steady on haha

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #7661 on: January 16, 2019, 10:08:29 am »
I love the optimism but steady on haha

Fair point there - he forgot to include Alisson Becker.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #7662 on: January 18, 2019, 08:48:48 am »
ESPN - Mourinho: "I fell in love with Salah at Chelsea, club sanctioned sale"
During exclusive interview with BeInSport yesterday, January 2019.

"I am the coach that bought Salah, so it is completely the wrong idea. I played against Basel in
the Champions League and Salah was a kid in Basel. When I play against a certain team,
I analyse the players for a long time and I fell in love with that kid."

"I bought the kid, I pushed the club to buy him and we already had fantastic attacking
players like [Eden] Hazard, Willian. Top talent, but I told them to buy that kid."

Mourinho said, however, that Salah's failure to claim a regular spot at Chelsea led to the
unhappiness that prompted his move to Italy.

"He was just a lost kid in London, a lost kid in a new world," Mourinho said.
"We wanted to work him to become better and better, but he wanted to play and not wait."

"So we put him on loan in Italy -- technical, physical football -- a good place to play.
Fiorentina had no pressure to win a title, but when the club decided to sell him, it was not me."

------------------------

Jose Mourinho blames Chelsea for selling Mohamed Salah in 2016: "I bought him"

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has told ESPN Brazil he deserves credit for bringing
Mohamed Salah to Stamford Bridge, not the blame for selling the Liverpool star to Roma in 2016.

Mourinho and Chelsea acquired a 21-year-old Salah from Basel for €16.5 million in January
of 2014. However, the Egypt international found opportunities hard to come by at the club
and was loaned to Fiorentina the following winter and then sold to Roma a year later.

- http://global.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3753200/mourinho-i-fell-in-love-with-salah-at-chelseaclub-sanctioned-sale
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 08:57:50 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7663 on: January 18, 2019, 09:26:49 am »
I wouldn't want to hear Mourinho describe the weather outside, now that he's gone from United can we not post anything to do with the c*nt.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7664 on: January 18, 2019, 10:12:46 am »
Hope he gets a very questionable penalty this weekend and scores it. Reading so much this morning about what a diver he is, love how much the one season wonder is winding people up  :D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7665 on: January 18, 2019, 12:08:31 pm »
Hope he gets a very questionable penalty this weekend and scores it. Reading so much this morning about what a diver he is, love how much the one season wonder is winding people up  :D

Is there an element of him being a foreigner that brings this animosity out? And not like, say, Eden Hazard type of foreigner. No idea, just wondering, because there are so many documented stories of how good a person Mo is and how much he does in the community - but as you note people really are finding ways to dislike him. Or maybe because he's on Liverpool?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7666 on: January 18, 2019, 12:17:39 pm »
Is there an element of him being a foreigner that brings this animosity out? And not like, say, Eden Hazard type of foreigner. No idea, just wondering, because there are so many documented stories of how good a person Mo is and how much he does in the community - but as you note people really are finding ways to dislike him. Or maybe because he's on Liverpool?

There is definitely that side to it. We all know the likes of how Kane and Ali will go down quite easily, have you seen any stuff about them recently? No of course not.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #7667 on: January 18, 2019, 12:17:51 pm »

I think it is probably because of lot of people are blerts. Probably the same people that voted for brexit
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7668 on: January 18, 2019, 12:21:48 pm »

Clearly, other clubs are irked by how well we're doing & he's the one who has broken PL record of goals. So, obviously he's going to attract attention & rival clubs will have a keen eye on what negative things to start of him.

It doesn't bother me. They're irrelevant. I think that's the case with how Klopp & the team deals with it as well.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7669 on: January 18, 2019, 12:26:08 pm »
It’s because he is the best player in the league, some people on here would tell you Harry Kane is shite.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #7670 on: January 18, 2019, 12:26:14 pm »
I don't think it has anything to do with Salah being Egyptian. I think it's all to do with the team he is playing for, Liverpool Football Club. There is an incredible amount of hate, and I mean hate, not just disliking, of LFC in Britain. Salah is LFC's best player and "talisman", the guy who broke records last season and is being compared to the very best in football. It's all about putting a spin on the perception of the talisman of LFC, because in those people's logic, it cannot be that their most hated club have a player that is so likeable and clean. It's disgraceful really. Whether he dives or not is not even important, you will read the comments "Salah is a diver" under every match report. If there is a point to the argument or not is completely meaningless. It's trolling.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #7671 on: January 18, 2019, 12:51:23 pm »
I remember how much I fucking hated Ronaldo when he was a Manc, never hated a player that much before in my life and I hopefully never will, and the reason I did wasn't really because he was (and still is) a wanker, it was because he was so fucking good at scoring fucking goals almost every game. He was for that period the difference between Manchester United not winning and winning titles. I would've found another to justify hating him probably just as much even if he didnt do the whole prima donna falling over metrosexual rubbish because it felt like every other weekend he was the fucking headline, scoring worldies and winning them matches.

I'm sure they all feel the same about Salah, and it's fucking beautiful, because no matter what shite they spout about how overrated he is, its because he's one of the best players on Earth (maybe THE best on Earth over the last year or so) that they hate him, and its especially because his goals will almost certainly be the difference between Liverpool winning and not winning titles.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 12:53:54 pm by an alternative rhetorical friend of Cosmo Kramer.. »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7672 on: January 18, 2019, 01:01:56 pm »
I remember how much I fucking hated Ronaldo when he was a Manc, never hated a player that much before in my life and I hopefully never will, and the reason I did wasn't really because he was (and still is) a wanker, it was because he was so fucking good at scoring fucking goals almost every game. He was for that period the difference between Manchester United not winning and winning titles. I would've found another to justify hating him probably just as much even if he didnt do the whole prima donna falling over metrosexual rubbish because it felt like every other weekend he was the fucking headline, scoring worldies and winning them matches.

I'm sure they all feel the same about Salah, and it's fucking beautiful, because no matter what shite they spout about how overrated he is, its because he's one of the best players on Earth (maybe THE best on Earth over the last year or so) that they hate him, and its especially because his goals will almost certainly be the difference between Liverpool winning and not winning titles.

But was Ronaldo subject to the same sorts of complaint/insinuation? Or was the fact that he played for United/Ferguson something of a shield?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7673 on: January 18, 2019, 01:52:20 pm »
But was Ronaldo subject to the same sorts of complaint/insinuation? Or was the fact that he played for United/Ferguson something of a shield?

Yes. At least for a whole year after the Portugal England game when Rooney was sent off. He was booed at every stadium across the country.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7674 on: January 18, 2019, 03:01:14 pm »
Yes. At least for a whole year after the Portugal England game when Rooney was sent off. He was booed at every stadium across the country.

Ronaldo in the Premier League was a c*nt.. end off.. an arrogant c*nt..

Salah, even with my red tinted glasses in not even in the same ball park.. He's humble.. played most of his record breaking season with a smile on his face..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7675 on: January 18, 2019, 03:16:17 pm »
I don't think it has anything to do with Salah being Egyptian. I think it's all to do with the team he is playing for, Liverpool Football Club. There is an incredible amount of hate, and I mean hate, not just disliking, of LFC in Britain. Salah is LFC's best player and "talisman", the guy who broke records last season and is being compared to the very best in football. It's all about putting a spin on the perception of the talisman of LFC, because in those people's logic, it cannot be that their most hated club have a player that is so likeable and clean. It's disgraceful really. Whether he dives or not is not even important, you will read the comments "Salah is a diver" under every match report. If there is a point to the argument or not is completely meaningless. It's trolling.

which is weird as well - this is one of the most likeable Liverpool teams ever (same with last year). the tribalism and the ability for mouth breathers to get access to the internet and have anonymity to hide behind is a really mind boggling (this is true in almost every medium around sports, politics, musicians, literature etc.)

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7676 on: January 18, 2019, 03:25:39 pm »
which is weird as well - this is one of the most likeable Liverpool teams ever (same with last year). the tribalism and the ability for mouth breathers to get access to the internet and have anonymity to hide behind is a really mind boggling (this is true in almost every medium around sports, politics, musicians, literature etc.)

Disagreed...we are only likeable when we were not challenging for anything. They probably know that once we win 1 league title......we are gonna win the next few easily.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7677 on: January 18, 2019, 03:58:07 pm »
Ronaldo in the Premier League was a c*nt.. end off.. an arrogant c*nt..

Salah, even with my red tinted glasses in not even in the same ball park.. He's humble.. played most of his record breaking season with a smile on his face..

I didn't say he wasn't [Ronaldo] I am just saying there was a time that he was criticized on a regular basis.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7678 on: January 19, 2019, 11:23:29 am »
I dont listen to football podcasts much but i randomly decided to download and listen to the Guardian one and some c*nt journalist had the nerve to call Salah’s penalty against Brighton a dive.

Its knobs like that why the media and journalists are so hated. I am actually pissed off with myself to donating some money to the Guardian.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7679 on: January 19, 2019, 12:03:17 pm »
I think you're correct that people are looking for reasons to dislike him, because he's intrinsically so likeable. I read quite a few other fans' comments last season to see what they thought of Mo and many were saying things like 'He's so likeable, wish he wasn't playing for them" or "I want to hate him but I can't" etc.

Think this 'diving' thing is a lifeline for rivals who have a fancrush on Mo but desperately want not to have it...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D