Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2893656 times)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year
« Reply #5400 on: June 19, 2018, 08:31:02 pm »
Good sign, his arm was grabbed on his injured side and he was dragged to the ground. Didn't wince, react or stay down at all to it.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5401 on: June 19, 2018, 08:31:35 pm »
No one comes back from 3 goals. No one.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5402 on: June 19, 2018, 08:32:42 pm »
Yesss, Mo. Good lad. Pleased for him and glad we will probably have him back sooner rather than later.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5403 on: June 19, 2018, 09:40:29 pm »
Pleased and gutted for him at the same time. Egypt nowhere near good enough unfortunately.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5404 on: June 19, 2018, 09:43:13 pm »
Pleased and gutted for him at the same time. Egypt nowhere near good enough unfortunately.

I was surprised how poor Egypt were, constantly losing the ball, misplaced passes etc.

Made Russia look better than they are.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5405 on: June 19, 2018, 09:44:09 pm »
when they said he was fit, i believed it, but he was clearly not 100%. shame for him, but egypt weren't good enough and glad he will come home early.

hop he bangs a hat trick agauinst saudi

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5406 on: June 19, 2018, 09:46:24 pm »
when they said he was fit, i believed it, but he was clearly not 100%. shame for him, but egypt weren't good enough and glad he will come home early.

hop he bangs a hat trick agauinst saudi

I think he was rusty and lacking in confidence tonight, which wouldn't have helped.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5407 on: June 19, 2018, 09:48:53 pm »
Whilst the results have been negative and Egypt has looked poor, im happy for him. Playing for his country and scoring at a World Cup would have meant. A lot to him, regardless of the team performance .

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5408 on: June 19, 2018, 10:09:29 pm »
Good sign, his arm was grabbed on his injured side and he was dragged to the ground. Didn't wince, react or stay down at all to it.

I hope it was a result of being naturally pain free but i strongly suspect his shoulder has been shot up with painkillers and he is still a good few weeks from the shoulder being 100%.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #5409 on: June 19, 2018, 10:14:46 pm »
I hope it was a result of being naturally pain free but i strongly suspect his shoulder has been shot up with painkillers and he is still a good few weeks from the shoulder being 100%.

Regardless, there is nothing negative and only positives to be taken from that situation.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #5410 on: June 19, 2018, 11:07:32 pm »
Egypt looked a poor side with little or no creativity. The quick and accurate passes that Salah gets from his teammates that open up defences were totally absent tonight. Glad he got a WC goal (pity it wasn't from open play) but it didn't look like his shoulder was 100%. Not even close. In a way I'm glad he'll be getting a break soon and will be back to us after a rest. I wonder what our medical team will make of his shoulder on his return to melwood?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #5411 on: June 19, 2018, 11:22:41 pm »
Hopefully we're not going to get news that he's been rushed back and will now undergo surgery.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5412 on: June 19, 2018, 11:27:18 pm »
Hopefully we're not going to get news that he's been rushed back and will now undergo surgery.

Why would we? He looked rusty and lacking in confidence, but he didn't seem concerned when he was pulled down by his arm for the penalty. He was supposed to be out for three to four weeks so is almost at the latter of that period.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #5413 on: June 20, 2018, 12:06:16 am »
Anyway thank you Hector Cuper for resisting the urge to play him against the Uruguayans. The important thing is Mohamed Salah was not hurt by that no nonsense defence.

On a side note what a brilliant team Hector Cuper created in his Valencia days. One of my favourite non LFC side.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #5414 on: June 20, 2018, 02:35:30 am »
Why would we? He looked rusty and lacking in confidence, but he didn't seem concerned when he was pulled down by his arm for the penalty. He was supposed to be out for three to four weeks so is almost at the latter of that period.

Yes, that's what's been reported.

But it wouldn't be the strangest thing that ever happened if the 3-4 weeks referred to the very soonest he could play at all without pain, but that there remain issues with the injury that need to be resolved. Players playing with injuries happens everyday.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5415 on: June 20, 2018, 03:09:10 am »

He played what is good for him, even better he has scored at a world cup.  Pleased he will now get a rest, after the next game.
choose Life.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5416 on: June 20, 2018, 03:59:55 am »
Should have played against Uruguay. His mere presence would have unsettled them.Hope he fills his boots against Saudi

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5417 on: June 20, 2018, 09:14:39 am »
Should have played against Uruguay. His mere presence would have unsettled them.Hope he fills his boots against Saudi

I hope he doesn't play against them, why risk him needlessly in a dead tie.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5418 on: June 20, 2018, 10:10:07 am »
Not a nice end to the season but hopefully it doesn't become a narrative that then affects him next season. Every time he lost the ball or missed a shot last night it was "he doesn't look right!". Yes, he didn't overall but obsessively relating every action that didn't work out to his shoulder injury seems to risk creating a narrative that is unhelpful. Klopp will lift him when he comes back for the new season and having a couple of new teammates is going to be even more helpful.  :D

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #5419 on: June 20, 2018, 10:12:56 am »
Anyway thank you Hector Cuper for resisting the urge to play him against the Uruguayans. The important thing is Mohamed Salah was not hurt by that no nonsense defence.

On a side note what a brilliant team Hector Cuper created in his Valencia days. One of my favourite non LFC side.

Superb side indeed. Began the process for what was to become the most successful Valencia side.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #5420 on: June 20, 2018, 10:21:49 am »
I hope he doesn't play against them, why risk him needlessly in a dead tie.

Actually I hope he does play - I think his performance was mainly due to lack of match fitness/generally rustiness combined with the fact his team-mates didn't have to quality to help him out. If his injury has indeed healed sufficiently then he should play as I think he has deserved the opportunity to play in the World Cup and at least go out on a high. I would rather he came back to us with another goal or two having restored a bit of pride than come back feeling totally crushed.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5421 on: June 20, 2018, 01:26:53 pm »
Hope he bags 4 in the last game.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5422 on: June 20, 2018, 04:47:44 pm »
Hope he bags 4 in the last game.

Would be pleased for him but I hope he has to miss the game due to a paper cut.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #5423 on: June 20, 2018, 05:15:37 pm »
He just wasn't ready and fit for this World Cup and was rushed in given the season he had and the importance of his nation being in this tournament. Which makes sense given how hopeless they are without him, but let's just hope he's back to 100% come the beginning of the season for us.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5424 on: June 21, 2018, 07:26:18 am »
Even if 100% ready, he wouldn't do much. I know people from middle east had high hopes, but the reality is that Egypt aren't that good at all. Some people even thought they are favorites, which is pure deludedness. I hope he recovers 100% and get ready for the pre-season.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #5425 on: June 21, 2018, 01:10:02 pm »
60 goals next year.  ;D 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5426 on: June 21, 2018, 01:24:54 pm »
All sorts of rumours around about there being splits in the Egyptian camp at the moment. Some reports are saying Mo won't play in the last game, can't believe that though, as that doesn't sound like him at all.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #5427 on: June 21, 2018, 01:36:34 pm »
Didn't he tweet this morning saying everything is fine behind the scenes?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5428 on: June 21, 2018, 01:40:13 pm »

I think that was last night, but there just seems a bit of discontent they are struggling to control. It will be the usual factions within but hopefully Mo will still get the chance to finish with a goal or two.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5429 on: June 21, 2018, 01:45:25 pm »

He did, yeah. I think the rumours are just that.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5430 on: June 21, 2018, 06:49:23 pm »
I hope we have another chance to put Real Madrid to the sword, Ramos needs to get his backside kicked. His trolling of Mo just shows what an utter arse he is, his lack of class is incredible.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5431 on: June 21, 2018, 07:02:24 pm »
Egypt's last game is on Monday, how long do people think he'll have off after that? I suspect we'll let him have plenty of time to rest and recover.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5432 on: June 21, 2018, 07:16:14 pm »
Egypt's last game is on Monday, how long do people think he'll have off after that? I suspect we'll let him have plenty of time to rest and recover.

Probably 3 weeks.

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #5433 on: June 21, 2018, 07:16:59 pm »
I hope we have another chance to put Real Madrid to the sword, Ramos needs to get his backside kicked. His trolling of Mo just shows what an utter arse he is, his lack of class is incredible.

On the plus side, this means our players will hate them even more and are far less likely to ever go there in the future.
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5434 on: June 21, 2018, 07:25:43 pm »
On the plus side, this means our players will hate them even more and are far less likely to ever go there in the future.

Hopefully it will give us extra bite when we meet them, I want us to humilitate them.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5435 on: June 21, 2018, 07:31:28 pm »
Probably 3 weeks.

He was originally given three to four weeks recovery from his injury and we're well into that now, so hopefully any remaining problems will have gone by the time he returns.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #5436 on: June 21, 2018, 07:38:29 pm »
The beef that now exists between salah/ramos is a bit like the f1 season where prost knocks out senna and wins by default.  But, I think we shouldn't play the same game, ever.  Whereas senna paid prost back the following season with an eye for an eye, we gotta rise above.
dios esta buena

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5437 on: June 21, 2018, 07:53:24 pm »
The beef that now exists between salah/ramos is a bit like the f1 season where prost knocks out senna and wins by default.  But, I think we shouldn't play the same game, ever.  Whereas senna paid prost back the following season with an eye for an eye, we gotta rise above.

I am more of an eye for and eye person when it comes to football,it is something that we have seriously missed.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5438 on: June 21, 2018, 08:38:20 pm »
Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's a good read from 442.

https://t.co/Lv2q2FnE2a

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5439 on: June 21, 2018, 08:40:05 pm »

If it means that next time we face them, we will fight stronger and with more motivation then it won't be a wasted incident this.