Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2963799 times)

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #6200 on: September 4, 2018, 12:03:38 am »
He's officially Bette than Messi now, who missed out on the shortlist for the Balon Dor, unlike our Mo!!

:scarf

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6201 on: September 5, 2018, 02:55:56 pm »
Good news for Mo!

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/09/egyptian-fa-take-big-step-towards-ensuring-mohamed-salahs-international-future/

The Egyptian FA have confirmed they have met Mohamed Salah‘s demands for extra security ahead of their AFCON qualifier against Niger on Saturday evening.

The Pharoahs will be looking to book their place at the Africa Cup of Nations by topping Group J, though they currently sit bottom after their opening defeat to Tunisia.

However, there was a considerable threat to their hopes with the possible withdrawal of Salah due to a dispute with the Egyptian FA.

At the end of August, the Liverpool forward took to Facebook to express his frustration at the situation, having issued a list of ‘non-negotiable’ security demands for the trip.

“We aren’t asking for anything special,” he said. “Just the right to sit at the hotel at peace, without random people annoying us until 4am.”

But the Mirror have relayed that Karam Kurdi, a member of the board of directors for the Egyptian FA, has confirmed that the squad will prepare at a private training camp.

Salah was also provided a bodyguard during his stay in Sahel prior to heading to Cairo for the qualifier.

And speaking to Egyptian outlet FilGoal, minister of sports Ashraf Sobhi explained that a meeting between himself, Salah and the president of the FA, Hany Abo Rida, was very productive:

“The goal of the meeting with Salah and Abo Rida was to clear the atmosphere between everyone and focus fully on the meeting with Niger.

“I spoke with Salah and assured him that all his requests will be met, especially as he is the best ambassador for Egypt in Europe and leads the team with all strength and effort.

“I asked him if there was any problem or complaints to contact us directly and we will work to end it immediately.

“The session ended with a hug between Salah and Abo Rida and the relationship between them is very strong and will continue to be in favour of the Egyptian team.

“I congratulated Salah on his candidacy for the World Player of the Year award and wished him the title.”

Egypt take on Niger at 7pm on Saturday (BST), with Javier Aguirre’s side not in action again until October, when they take on Swaziland in back-to-back qualifiers.

Salah began the season in muted form for Liverpool, but has still scored twice and assisted twice in four games, creating the joint-most chances of any Premier League player, with 13.

He can be expected to return in ample time as the Reds prepare for their trip to take on Tottenham on September 15.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6202 on: September 5, 2018, 08:14:13 pm »
Good news for Mo!

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/09/egyptian-fa-take-big-step-towards-ensuring-mohamed-salahs-international-future/

Not yet it isn't.

We've been told by Sobhi (minister for sport) that the meeting between him, Mo and the Rida (president of FA) went well and Sobhi assured Mo that the demands will be met.

We will see if they keep their word, and if they resolve every issue that Mo raised.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6203 on: September 5, 2018, 08:24:03 pm »
Not yet it isn't.

We've been told by Sobhi (minister for sport) that the meeting between him, Mo and the Rida (president of FA) went well and Sobhi assured Mo that the demands will be met.

We will see if they keep their word, and if they resolve every issue that Mo raised.

True, although it's at least a start.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6204 on: September 5, 2018, 09:30:33 pm »
Not yet it isn't.

It’s a step that should help Salah feel more settled again. Can see it’s all been weighing heavy on him.

Seems a lot more frustrated so far this season so this step should help ease those frustrations.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #6205 on: September 9, 2018, 11:34:16 pm »
Needs to work on his pens, they’re shite

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6206 on: September 9, 2018, 11:35:52 pm »
Needs to work on his pens, they’re shite

Yeah, although he did manage to score a rebound from one.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6207 on: September 9, 2018, 11:41:12 pm »
Yeah, although he did manage to score a rebound from one.
Cheers Geoff.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #6209 on: September 10, 2018, 07:44:08 pm »
Lacked his sharpness and still pretty much ran the whole game (albeit against shite opposition). This should help his confidence in front of goal despite the missed pens. On a side note, can't see us letting him take a spotkick anytime soon in the future unless we have a comfortable winning margin.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6210 on: September 10, 2018, 07:48:09 pm »
On a side note, can't see us letting him take a spotkick anytime soon in the future unless we have a comfortable winning margin.

Yeah, but we have Milner for those so he doesn't need to.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6211 on: September 10, 2018, 07:50:42 pm »
He did have a few noises to take that one and also the one Sadio took in pre-season. Don't hold it against him cause its good to see a striker greedy for goals but this should quieten those for now. I don't like to see our players having any arguments (however minor) regarding stuff like this.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6212 on: September 10, 2018, 08:03:38 pm »
Yeah, but we have Milner for those so he doesn't need to.

His post wasn't about us needing him to take them, it's that he clearly wants to take them.

I wouldn't want him on the next one we get when Milner isn't playing, personally.

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6213 on: September 10, 2018, 08:07:14 pm »
Wonder if we have like a proper order of Penalty takers like we did under Rafa where it Was Stevie, then Kuyt (Don't know who was 3rd cause one of them 2 was always there and so boss at it too).

Right now, it should probably be -
Milner
Fabinho (Monaco's primary pen taker - Only missed one in 20 taken in his career)
Trent (4 in 4 for the England U19s)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 08:14:19 pm by AmanShah21 »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6214 on: September 10, 2018, 10:14:09 pm »
Wonder if we have like a proper order of Penalty takers like we did under Rafa where it Was Stevie, then Kuyt (Don't know who was 3rd cause one of them 2 was always there and so boss at it too).

Right now, it should probably be -
Milner
Fabinho (Monaco's primary pen taker - Only missed one in 20 taken in his career)
Trent (4 in 4 for the England U19s)

Mane should be taking them as well

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6215 on: September 11, 2018, 12:32:21 am »
Mane should be taking them as well

I had the same impression but I checked and he's taken 2 in his career, scored 1 missed 1. The one he missed was against us. Mignolet saved. Scored 1 in AFCON 2017. Much rather have someone who has a decent historical record. Trent, surprisingly took quite a few for England U19 and seems to be good at it, and he looks like someone who's good with setpieces in general, so it'd be nice to see him in that order.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6216 on: September 11, 2018, 10:13:20 am »
I have always believed the penalty taker should be the most confident person in the team, not necessarily the best player or forward..
Someone who is confident that he will score even if he has missed his previous one..

Who is that person in our squad? Mo (Maybe) Mane (nope) Milner (Probably) Trent (Probably) Allison (Yep) VVD (Yep)

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6217 on: September 11, 2018, 10:29:05 am »
I have always believed the penalty taker should be the most confident person in the team, not necessarily the best player or forward..
Someone who is confident that he will score even if he has missed his previous one..

Who is that person in our squad? Mo (Maybe) Mane (nope) Milner (Probably) Trent (Probably) Allison (Yep) VVD (Yep)

Bobby (yes)
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6218 on: September 11, 2018, 07:54:18 pm »
Fabinho's supposed to be really good at them as well.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6219 on: September 11, 2018, 07:56:50 pm »

According to transfermarkt, he's took twenty and scored nineteen - https://www.transfermarkt.com/fabinho/elfmetertore/spieler/225693.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #6220 on: September 11, 2018, 07:57:14 pm »
His pen vs Torino says otherwise. Horribly dragged wide!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #6221 on: September 11, 2018, 08:05:14 pm »
Gotta be the spurs one surely???
Watford? Zipping, weaving and feigning his way past Deeny's mates in defense - making them look like a bunch of absolute muppets- beating 3 defenders with ease + the goalie.
When I think about Mo last season, that goal comes to mind first. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant performance- scoring 4 in the process and assisting another!

Not classic opposition, but that was as good as any performance of a Luis Suarez vs. Chris Hughton spectacle.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 08:18:27 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6222 on: September 12, 2018, 10:20:07 am »
His pen vs Torino says otherwise. Horribly dragged wide!
The only other pen I’ve seen him miss  was for Monaco against City and he missed in the exact same way

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #6223 on: September 18, 2018, 10:05:22 pm »
What was with Salah slamming the water bottle down during Firminho’s winner celebrations?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6224 on: September 18, 2018, 10:08:02 pm »
What was with Salah slamming the water bottle down during Firminho’s winner celebrations?

Don't know, but if it's to do with him wanting the glory, he'd need to remember it's about the team, not him.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #6225 on: September 18, 2018, 10:08:29 pm »

Bit odd that.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #6226 on: September 18, 2018, 10:09:59 pm »
Don't know, but if it's to do with him wanting the glory, he'd need to remember it's about the team, not him.

It’s one thing to be upset about costing as or not scoring etc, but that reaction during our winner?!

I hope it was a ‘GET IN’ moment and we scored whilst he was having a sip of water instead  ;D

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6227 on: September 18, 2018, 10:10:05 pm »

Most likely a mixture of delight and relief at a guess.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6228 on: September 18, 2018, 10:10:06 pm »

Frustration most likely, he made a mistake and he's not been scoring much. I doubt there's anything more to it than that.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6229 on: September 18, 2018, 10:10:41 pm »

Probably just an aggressive celebration.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6230 on: September 18, 2018, 10:11:00 pm »
his flicks and first touches have been poor, his shots are pretty close to the keeper and his passing, as we saw, were sloppy. He's holding onto the ball too long in too many situations too. Trying to do too much and Klopp needs to have a word, because he can still be as good as he was last season
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6231 on: September 18, 2018, 10:12:00 pm »
Before people jump down my throat, I'm not saying he wants to leave or anything of the sort but things don't feel the same this season. I'm not sure what it is exactly but the joy doesn't appear to be there anymore. Last season all these documentaries were being made and he seemed good fun, but he looks anything but right now. Seriously out of sorts in all facets really.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6232 on: September 18, 2018, 10:12:02 pm »
The lad has gone out of his way to state how much his team-mates and the manager and the club have helped him reach the heights he did last year, I seriously doubt that he's upset that Firmino scored, he's obviously massively frustrated with himself, for the mistake which led to them equalizing and nearly cost us. he's frustrated he hasn't scored and that things haven't been going that well for him as of late, he's got 2 goals, but he's got high expectations of himself obviously as a competitor he wants to do more and be effective.

Don't feed into the ''ego'' agenda.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6233 on: September 18, 2018, 10:12:31 pm »
BT showed a replay his hands are in the air celebrating. The bottle slamming was a reaction to an over bearing sense of relief one would think.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6234 on: September 18, 2018, 10:12:50 pm »
Before people jump down my throat, I'm not saying he wants to leave or anything of the sort but things don't feel the same this season. I'm not sure what it is exactly but the joy doesn't appear to be there anymore. Last season all these documentaries were being made and he seemed good fun, but he looks anything but right now. Seriously out of sorts in all facets really.

He's frustrated with himself, that's apparent. He's got high expectations after a brilliant season he's had.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #6235 on: September 18, 2018, 10:12:54 pm »
Nah on second thoughts I subscribe to the relief/catharsis theory.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6236 on: September 18, 2018, 10:13:54 pm »
He's frustrated with himself, that's apparent. He's got high expectations after a brilliant season he's had.

Doesn't appear to be enjoying football right now. Playing with a backpack or 6 on. Worth mentioning that a breather could be in order, like the rest of our key players last season he played a mountain of minutes and is doing the same this season.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6237 on: September 18, 2018, 10:13:55 pm »
BT showed a replay his hands are in the air celebrating. The bottle slamming was a reaction to an over bearing sense of relief one would think.

Should be pinned at the top of the forum, when Rio Ferdinand is supporting one of our players more than our own 'fans' they need to have a look at themselves.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6238 on: September 18, 2018, 10:14:00 pm »
Nothing in bottlegate for me, but he's definitely off his game.  Would give him a rest on Saturday and bring him on for the last 20 minutes when he's fresh and there's more space.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6239 on: September 18, 2018, 10:14:18 pm »
His attitude in the second half stunk to be honest. Everything he did was so half arsed. I’d give him a rest at the weekend, he looks like he could do with one and we have options now to be able to do that from time to time. I’d start Shaqiri
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A