Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2960948 times)

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Reply #29800 on: April 27, 2024, 03:39:16 pm »

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #29801 on: April 27, 2024, 03:40:57 pm »
Sigh.

If this is the end of Salah's time at Liverpool, what a terrible way to be going out after everything he has done.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29802 on: April 27, 2024, 03:41:00 pm »
Meh. These things happen when you're down & out and disappointed - which we are.

I don't expect to see him here next year, but I don't hold this incident against him. It shouldn't have happened, but these things do happen. It's just shite when it's your team. Both will likely be gone next season, so as you were.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #29803 on: April 27, 2024, 03:41:20 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29804 on: April 27, 2024, 03:41:23 pm »
For weeks I've been hearing on here that the problem is that his pace is gone - I realise you're talking about 5 yard acceleration, but to me, that counter attack near the end showed that it isn't his pace or physicality that's caused this awful period - it's something mental. He actually looked quick for the first time in ages and then fucked up a simple pass to play Darwin in having done the hard part. I have no idea what it is with his mentality or confidence, but he's collapsed when we needed him most.

I don't blame him necessarily for the spat on the sideline - it seemed to me like Klopp said something he didn't like and from Mo's reaction it might have been a bit unfair. But really we have no idea unless somebody comes out with it.

he is running on to that ball in midfield though. Top speed and acceleration are totally different things. I had a decent top speed but, unfortunately, it took me about 20 yards to hit it.  A key part of his game was the ability to go from standing to full belt in a very short space.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #29805 on: April 27, 2024, 03:41:45 pm »
At what age do you stop reacting with emotion? I’m 47 I still do it at times of stress.

This is clearly a time of major stress for all of them, not just Mo or Jurgen. Nothings going right and the wheels have well and truly fallen off.

Mo’s reaction while clearly not what you want from one of your more experienced players and one part of the leadership group is born no doubt from anger and frustration at his own performances and not being able to get on the pitch to help.

We all just need to take a breath as things are getting quite sad, we don’t want to see this era end with bitterness developing between the group. Let’s hope it’s water under the bridge by next week, and not lose sight of the fact that as unsightly as it was this happened in the heat of the moment. Something I’m sure we can all relate to
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29806 on: April 27, 2024, 03:41:50 pm »

Lmao I love that face Firmino pulled at the time. Miss that fella - could have done with him today.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29807 on: April 27, 2024, 03:42:33 pm »
Lmao I love that face Firmino pulled at the time. Miss that fella - could have done with him today.

So much, was a breath of fresh air, Bobby.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #29808 on: April 27, 2024, 03:43:51 pm »
Ageing is bloody frustrating...

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #29809 on: April 27, 2024, 03:45:03 pm »
Storm in a teacup I suspect.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #29810 on: April 27, 2024, 03:45:48 pm »
At what age do you stop reacting with emotion? I’m 47 I still do it at times of stress.

This is clearly a time of major stress for all of them, not just Mo or Jurgen. Nothings going right and the wheels have well and truly fallen off.

Mo’s reaction while clearly not what you want from one of your more experienced players and one part of the leadership group is born no doubt from anger and frustration at his own performances and not being able to get on the pitch to help.

We all just need to take a breath as things are getting quite sad, we don’t want to see this era end with bitterness developing between the group. Let’s hope it’s water under the bridge by next week, and not lose sight of the fact that as unsightly as it was this happened in the heat of the moment. Something I’m sure we can all relate to

I am sure everything will be fine duvva. Everything is very frustrating at the moment. Within 24 hours everyone will laugh about it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #29811 on: April 27, 2024, 03:47:06 pm »
Salah is a club legend - cut him fucking slack and quit bitching about Salah or Klopp. They argued because they are human beings ffs.

Stop being so fucking mean spirited and taking out your frustrations on Salah. He made a mistake - leave it be. He’s earnt the right for supporters to go easy on him when he’s going through a hard time.

Humans can really be fucking hyenas at times.
This.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29812 on: April 27, 2024, 03:48:01 pm »
Pearce too...

'Salah walks through the mixed zone, declines interview requests and says: “If I speak today there will be fire.”' - https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1784223851477361020

So Klopp happy to publicly say it’s all sorted, but not Salah  ::)

Good grief, this sodding team right now, and Salah is as guilty as anyone for being utter turd the last few weeks.

What is wrong with him. Never mind how angry or annoyed you are at not playing, don’t be arguing with your boss on the sidelines in full view of the world, then say shit like that AFTER the game to stir it up more. Keep it in house.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29813 on: April 27, 2024, 03:48:32 pm »
he is running on to that ball in midfield though. Top speed and acceleration are totally different things. I had a decent top speed but, unfortunately, it took me about 20 yards to hit it.  A key part of his game was the ability to go from standing to full belt in a very short space.

I mean, I did say I realised you were talking about standing start acceleration and not out and out sprinting...

But as I keep saying on here, I don't think he's beaten players from a standing start for years. I think it's extremely rare that Salah goes from standing to beating a player on the outside.  But it hasn't mattered much because the other things he did in terms of movement, intelligence around the box, passing and finishing were still stellar and, in some cases, had improved. Now those things are awful, yet people are still blaming pace.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 03:52:39 pm by decosabute »

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29814 on: April 27, 2024, 03:49:24 pm »

Good grief, this sodding team right now, and Salah is as guilty as anyone for being utter turd the last few weeks.

What is wrong with him. Never mind how angry or annoyed you are at not playing, don’t be arguing with your boss on the sidelines in full view of the world, then say shit like that AFTER the game to stir it up more. Keep it in house.
Spot on

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29815 on: April 27, 2024, 03:50:04 pm »
Best way for Mo to show his frustration at the manager is to not be shit
Score the goals to make that statement
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29816 on: April 27, 2024, 03:51:13 pm »
My view, too.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29817 on: April 27, 2024, 03:51:32 pm »

The incident itself is - I remember Henderson being a bit bitchy with Klopp after getting subbed at Old Trafford. Two months later they were embracing in tears of joy after being crowned European Champions.

I'm much more concerned with Salah being abysmal for 6 weeks on the field than anything off the field.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #29818 on: April 27, 2024, 03:52:00 pm »
Im personally more disappointed with Trents behavior on and off the pitch
Local lad and vice captain downing tools

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29819 on: April 27, 2024, 03:52:01 pm »
Klopp didn't make you fast during your injury recovery, Salah. Look elsewhere for somebody to blame for your form issues.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29820 on: April 27, 2024, 03:52:04 pm »

He was laughing when he said that so I think it’s sorted.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #29821 on: April 27, 2024, 03:52:12 pm »

Salah has always been a bit of a prick when he has been left out or even subbed off. He could just about get away with that when he was an elite talent.

However, that isn't the case anymore. What he is doing now is disrespectful to the manager and even more so towards his teammates. We quite rightly called Ronaldo out for it and Salah is acting in the same way.

Thanks for everything Mo but he really needs to be offloaded now. Failing to do so will make it much harder for the next manager.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29822 on: April 27, 2024, 03:52:36 pm »
I mean, I did say I realised you were talking about standing start acceleration and not out and out sprinting...

But as I keep saying on here, I don't think he's beaten players from a standing start for years. I think it's extremely rare that Salah goes from standing to beating a player on the outside.  But it hasn't mattered much because the other things he did in terms of movement, intelligence around the box and passing were still stellar and, in some cases, had improved. Now those things are awful, yet people are still blaming pace.

I kind of agree, and he’s still getting chances he just isn’t finishing them.. His passing has improved up to the last 3-4 weeks, a shame he’s lack of form coincided with arguably the most important part of the title challenge, Haaland has a similar drop in form but unlike Salah and our team he’s had other players to pick up the load.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29823 on: April 27, 2024, 03:53:07 pm »
https://x.com/j_castelobranco/status/1784227385115607164?s=46

He’s smiling as he says it. Not as bad as is being made out.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #29824 on: April 27, 2024, 03:54:12 pm »
Can people just be calm it's such a over the top reaction. People need to watch the Bruceie/McManaman incident. These are things happen. It will be sorted and forgotten about.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29825 on: April 27, 2024, 03:55:11 pm »
Best way for Mo to show his frustration at the manager is to not be shit
Score the goals to make that statement

exactly, that’s the simple answer  ;D 

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29826 on: April 27, 2024, 03:55:37 pm »
Salah has always been a bit of a prick when he has been left out or even subbed off. He could just about get away with that when he was an elite talent.

However, that isn't the case anymore. What he is doing now is disrespectful to the manager and even more so towards his teammates. We quite rightly called Ronaldo out for it and Salah is acting in the same way.

Thanks for everything Mo but he really needs to be offloaded now. Failing to do so will make it much harder for the next manager.

If Salah isn’t an elite talent then I’m not sure we have one in our team bar Mac Allister and Alisson, maybe that’s the problem.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #29827 on: April 27, 2024, 03:56:43 pm »
He's an emotive person, so is Klopp, as per its being blown out of all proportion.

Actually, I'd rather players show a bit of fire than swanning round grinning and laughing like VvD was with the ref and opposition players.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29828 on: April 27, 2024, 03:57:14 pm »
If Salah isn’t an elite talent then I’m not sure we have one in our team bar Mac Allister and Alisson, maybe that’s the problem.
Trent?
Virg?

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29829 on: April 27, 2024, 03:58:36 pm »
He's an emotive person, so is Klopp, as per its being blown out of all proportion.

Actually, I'd rather players show a bit of fire than swanning round grinning and laughing like VvD was with the ref and opposition players.

Agreed not at Klopp though he doesn’t deserve that, but this team can infuriate me sometimes with how nice and friendly everyone is….. Im starting to sound like Roy Keane with age ;D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29830 on: April 27, 2024, 04:00:59 pm »
There's not one of us on this forum who hasn't been a knobhead in the past and won't be again in the future. Some of you are of course knobheads daily :D

I do suspect none of this will make ant difference, collectively they've already blown the league so there's fuck all except 3rd to play for, and Mo might already be part of the dismantlement plans.

And I appreciate we're all feeling very emotional and pissed of at the moment so don't let comments either way bother each other. Unless you're being a really bad knobhead.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29831 on: April 27, 2024, 04:02:37 pm »
Trent?
Virg?

Everyone has question marks on them. Trent is still elite on the ball but he has some moments off it that absolutely baffles you, the incident against Calvert Lewin for example. Saying that out of everyone I would probably put him in that three alongside Alisson and Mac Allister, with Virgil some of the exact same critique aimed at Salah should be aimed at him.

Another game where we concede more than a single goal, another game where we haven’t kept a clean sheet, VVD hasn’t been top class for weeks, we shouldn’t need to score 4 goals every game to guarantee a win, the blame can’t just be on our attackers, the midfield and defence have been underperforming as well.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29832 on: April 27, 2024, 04:03:04 pm »
https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1784234194832326724

Actually watching him say it is different. It doesn't look as bad.

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #29833 on: April 27, 2024, 04:03:31 pm »

This. We need more players like that

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #29834 on: April 27, 2024, 04:04:08 pm »
You'd think he'd be more chill, he's been on holiday for weeks.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #29835 on: April 27, 2024, 04:05:14 pm »

For me it is reminiscent of Ronaldo at United.

If you are one of the best players in the World then you can just about get away with demanding to start and demanding to stay on the pitch.You have to be able to back that up on the pitch though.

I think it is clear that Salah's form no longer entitles him to be an automatic starter and his behaviour is disrespectful to both the manager and his team mates.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #29836 on: April 27, 2024, 04:06:46 pm »
He's surely off.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #29837 on: April 27, 2024, 04:08:32 pm »
Would be madness to sell him imo especially if both him and Arne would like to work together.

Regardless of his pace there's a huge potential of Mo reinventing himself as a playmaker in the final third. This season his chance creating skills have been incredible. Move him centrally , get movement ahead of him and he'll create chances for fun. If Mo would want to do this we'll get a few years out him as a world-class playmaker/lock picker.

Him and Trent are huge conundrums but if you find a way to utilize their skills to the maximum all the while somehow finding good balance in the team we will definitely remain relevant in a foreseeable future.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #29838 on: April 27, 2024, 04:10:06 pm »
Fuck the media
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29839 on: April 27, 2024, 04:12:08 pm »
For me it is reminiscent of Ronaldo at United.

If you are one of the best players in the World then you can just about get away with demanding to start and demanding to stay on the pitch.You have to be able to back that up on the pitch though.

I think it is clear that Salah's form no longer entitles him to be an automatic starter and his behaviour is disrespectful to both the manager and his team mates.

The question is what do we judge it on, because the form he had before AFCON justifies him being thought of as one of the best players in the world…

Do we also make the same agreement for Haaland who has had a similar run of bad form?