Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2963350 times)

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #24480 on: October 12, 2022, 10:45:23 pm »
I thought we should be celebrating and happy tonight.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #24481 on: October 12, 2022, 10:53:35 pm »
Why would I criticise a player after a 7-1 where he scored a hat trick?

But if you insist on being a weirdo then put it this way. I don’t base my opinions on a game by game basis. Particularly not because of a performance against a team from Scotland.

That’s all i’ll say because unlike you I don’t have a weird fetish for arguing with other fans after we win 7-1.

Fair enough, but is Mo is decline like you said the other day?
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24482 on: October 12, 2022, 10:55:37 pm »
I thought we should be celebrating and happy tonight.

We are, some of us have faith in our players through bad patches, some of us don't... until they score a hat-trick.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24483 on: October 12, 2022, 10:58:34 pm »
Some melt were making polls yesterday on Twatter asking if they'd swap him for Mbappe. Maybe if PSG gave us £100 million on top, I'd think about it.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #24484 on: October 12, 2022, 10:58:39 pm »
I'm claiming this one. Just after his third I went for a pee and had a think as you do.

Came back out of the loo and announced to the rest of the bar "Hey... wait a minute... surely that's gotta be one of the fastest hat-tricks in the CL ever"?

Up to that point no bugger in the bar or the commentary had said a word. Nor on here either so you can all fuck off. THIS ONES MINE!!!

Edit: I'm keeping the match ball too.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 11:02:10 pm by SinceSixtyFive »

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24485 on: October 12, 2022, 10:59:46 pm »
Put Mo Salah close to the goal and he scores, not rocket science.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24486 on: October 12, 2022, 11:06:23 pm »
Some melt were making polls yesterday on Twatter asking if they'd swap him for Mbappe. Maybe if PSG gave us £100 million on top, I'd think about it.

Was it James... ?

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24487 on: October 12, 2022, 11:10:11 pm »
He's still got it, his celebrations were muted \9untile the 3rd goal), but he was trying to prove a point that he wasn't happy about being benched. 

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24488 on: October 12, 2022, 11:19:35 pm »
Benching him was just the right kick up the backside he needed.

Now he's back, what a fuckin hat-trick!
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24489 on: October 12, 2022, 11:31:41 pm »

This.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24490 on: October 12, 2022, 11:50:20 pm »
Since Opta have full touch data for the @ChampionsLeague [2003-04], there have been 112 hat-tricks scored in the competition. Mo Salah’s nine touches tonight against Rangers is the fewest in a match for any of those 112 hat-tricks.[Opta]

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24491 on: October 12, 2022, 11:58:21 pm »

Online Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24492 on: October 13, 2022, 12:57:18 am »

Didn't expect Sterling to be on this list lol.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24493 on: October 13, 2022, 12:58:02 am »
Mo's back?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #24494 on: October 13, 2022, 01:01:38 am »

Love this

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24495 on: October 13, 2022, 01:07:36 am »
It's no surprise his relative run of quiet form has coincided with our collective slump. It's also coincided with Trent's loss of form and our right hand side being as ineffective as I've seen it in recent years. He's also adapting to a new strike partner and is probably pissed off that 'he who shall not be named' is scoring for fun and in danger of taking his golden boot.

Whilst its true he hasn't quite been the same since AFCON, he was key to our quadruple push, won the PL joint golden boot with Son, won PL playmaker of the year, and scored some absolute worldies including those Messi-esque slalom goals against City and Watford.

That doesn't all disappear in 6 months, even if he looks a bit lost at the moment (as do most of the team). You only have to look at Mo when he takes his shirt off to realise this is a guy in supreme shape for a 30 year-old. I can only think of Ronaldo as a comparison of someone who was so dedicated to keeping himself in such good condition. He almost never gets injured, and is certainly not lacking in confidence.

I think once the rest of the team comes back to life, he'll be back to his best fairly quickly. He can't do it all on his own, and some games he's been very isolated - often playing that bizarre position where his heatmap looks more like a linesman than a wide forward.

That beaming smile will return soon and it will be great to see him terrorising defences again.

For some reason EVERY time I read this thread the vision I have of Salah in my mind is not his poor form now, not his world class form of early last season and the seasons before, but his appearance in this video from 2 weeks ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrKvi-Rat4 (~ 3min 50sec)

The guy is absolutely BUILT. I dont think it's an age thing. If he has lost any sharpness/quickness, then he is clearly an athlete that should be able to use his physical attributes in different ways. Perhaps that's the transition he needs to go on, like Ronaldo did later in his career. Less of a flying winger and more of a world class goal scorer, CF. I suppose the thing Salah doesnt really have that Ronaldo did later in his career is aerial domination, but he has the attributes to be supremely effective in the right role.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #24496 on: October 13, 2022, 02:21:02 am »
Guy got shafted.
Wasn’t there 2 subs in the middle of his 3 goals?
 Shave another 30 seconds off the hat trick time!
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24497 on: October 13, 2022, 06:20:26 am »
He definitely found himself playing his old role in starting right and drifting in, and that’s where you get the best of Salah. I wonder if Jurgen had tried to fix his position wider right to give Trent space to attack inside, but with no Trent there he could go back to doing what he does best.

Is the problem that you don't get the best out of Salah when both him and Nunez are playing together? Just look at the positions he takes up when Nunez is in the team as opposed to when Nunez isn't in the team. He gets in more goal scoring positions like the Salah we have become accustomed too.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 06:22:31 am by HardworkDedication »

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24498 on: October 13, 2022, 06:42:20 am »
Another record that would probably never be broken again.
Believer

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24499 on: October 13, 2022, 06:59:05 am »

This. Give him less to do and allow him to focus on the goals.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24500 on: October 13, 2022, 08:25:01 am »
This isn't me having a pop.

But anyone actually know why Mo just picked the ball up and left the pitch straight after the final whistle yesterday? Seemed a bit odd considering everyone else stayed on the pitch and shook hands for a good while then thanked the fans.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24501 on: October 13, 2022, 08:35:47 am »

But anyone actually know why Mo just picked the ball up and left the pitch straight after the final whistle yesterday? Seemed a bit odd considering everyone else stayed on the pitch and shook hands for a good while then thanked the fans.

Because he is a pure huffy pants. It’s my ball and no one else is getting it so there…..

Who knows and who cares, he’s just broken more records and we are in this territory here.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #24502 on: October 13, 2022, 08:49:03 am »
It did strike me he didnt look too happy after the first two goals but the hat trick it was like someone at a party who came alive after a few beers and start enjoying themselves, Elliotts goal he was like a proud dad

I wouldnt read too much into the celebrations anyway. Sure for years the conspiracy theorists would have you believe him and Mane hated each other, a mate of mine was convinced Salah was off to Real Madrid when he didnt celebrate a goal against Spurs

that was 2018, last time i checked he was still a Liverpool player
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 08:56:04 am by paulrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24503 on: October 13, 2022, 08:49:12 am »
Didn't expect Sterling to be on this list lol.

You say that as if seeing Mike Newell there is completely normal  ;D

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24504 on: October 13, 2022, 08:49:37 am »
Mo, Jota and Thiago were probably rested with an eye on Sunday, but what I love about Mo is that he doesn't see it that way.  He takes it as a slight and that he's been dropped rather than rested.  What we get is angry Mo who does absurd shit like get a hat-trick in six minutes.  It's that drive and single-mindedness that makes him what he is. 

If I were Klopp I'd do a bunch of petty shit on Sunday just to wind him up, tape his boots to the ceiling and stuff, unleash angry Mo.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24505 on: October 13, 2022, 08:52:14 am »

Seen that. I think Klopp referenced Mo's character before and highlighted  that kind of thing as one of the reasons why he is so so good and exactly the type of player/character we need . He was pissed off being subbed the other day and has been getting stick. That's him saying a big "fuck the lot of you, I know how good I am. Job done, lets get the hell out of here, bring on City" kind of moment

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #24506 on: October 13, 2022, 08:55:27 am »
One of the best things about Mo is his unpredictability, which is why constantly playing him out so wide has been an odd choice, as it makes it easier for a couple of defenders to box off and contain that side and keep him away from goal - especially as Trent's form was off for a while and we lacked that link-up play. Not only that, but out near the touchline he's not creating space for others or able to get as many assists, which we know he can do so well.

Just give him more freedom and he'll cause chaos and get more goals like last night. We've always worked best when our front 3 are interchangeable and when they pop up all over the opposition third, putting doubts in the defenders heads and creating much more space for other players to join the attack. Sometimes a player is so good you need to just let them go out and do what they feel is right during the game. If Mo is isolated and not getting any service, he needs licence to switch around to where the play is focused so that we get him on the ball as much as possible. A much overlooked part of his game is his hold up play, as he's so strong with his back to goal and his ball retention is excellent. He's so much more than goals, and we really need to play to all his strengths as much as possible

Rumours of his decline were nonsense (despite his obvious tiredness after the AFCON and quadruple push), and I think he'll be banging them in regularly now in the league.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 09:01:22 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24507 on: October 13, 2022, 08:59:30 am »
Is the problem that you don't get the best out of Salah when both him and Nunez are playing together? Just look at the positions he takes up when Nunez is in the team as opposed to when Nunez isn't in the team. He gets in more goal scoring positions like the Salah we have become accustomed too.

Nunes has missed plenty of games, and we shafted Bournemouth without Mo even getting on the scoresheet. Doesn’t mean Mo won't benefit from a positional change though.

Another record that would probably never be broken again.

Robbie Fowler says hi. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24508 on: October 13, 2022, 09:10:45 am »
Nunez looks comfortable playing across the front 3, so although he'll usually play more centrally, I think him and Mo/Diaz/Jota can be interchangeable throughout a game. Nunez's strength, pace and crossing ability is very good, so there's no problem with him and Mo
switching during an attacking phase once in a while.

We were at our very best when Mane, Bobby and Mo would be playing all across the oppositions final third, with defenders not really sure who to pick up and who is actually playing where. We obviously need some tactical discipline and shape, but I think sometimes this season we could've been more fluid with positions across the front 3. Jota and Diaz are also more than capable of playing different roles.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24509 on: October 13, 2022, 09:12:34 am »
Nunes has missed plenty of games, and we shafted Bournemouth without Mo even getting on the scoresheet. Doesn’t mean Mo won't benefit from a positional change though.

Robbie Fowler says hi. :)
This was CL but point taken

didnt Mane get a hat trick for Southampton in less than 3 mins?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #24510 on: October 13, 2022, 09:18:38 am »
That hattrick last night was incredible. I mean the audacity to do what he did was so enjoyable to watch

I think all our attackers have shown obvious quality individually - Nunez I think looks promising with his movement and positions he takes up. Has created a problem for every single opponent...

I reckon klopp is very happy with who he has and all that needs work now is the synergy between them - it was so natural between Mo/Mane/Bobby that we forget it can take work sometimes. Especially when half your attack has only been with us less than a year!
Learn the patterns of movement until its instinct, get the communication going and we'll see them all do well

While Salah is here to this standard he cannot be wasted
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24511 on: October 13, 2022, 09:19:02 am »
This was CL but point taken

didnt Mane get a hat trick for Southampton in less than 3 mins?

He did indeed, 2m 56s - and broke Robbie's record in the process. Just goes to show, though - never say never. If anyone can beat 8 minutes, it's Mo.

Popcorn's Art

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24512 on: October 13, 2022, 09:26:34 am »
He did indeed, 2m 56s - and broke Robbie's record in the process. Just goes to show, though - never say never. If anyone can beat 8 minutes, it's Mo.
Haaland when city play Farmer Fc in the group stages next year

I remember how ridiculous the Mane one was, flashscore notifications were pinging like mad, I thought it was broke

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #24513 on: October 13, 2022, 09:30:46 am »
Salah just looked like the guy who rips open defences. We've not seen him do anything like that for months. Even against weak opponents Salah has seemed craven and off his stride. Hopefully this is a new period of in-form Salah as that is devastating.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24514 on: October 13, 2022, 09:40:52 am »
Salah just looked like the guy who rips open defences. We've not seen him do anything like that for months. Even against weak opponents Salah has seemed craven and off his stride. Hopefully this is a new period of in-form Salah as that is devastating.

Fingers crossed.

It's been a while, as you say.

On top form, he's capable of taking matched away from teams individually, and we really need that currently.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24515 on: October 13, 2022, 09:56:20 am »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #24516 on: October 13, 2022, 10:01:32 am »
Trent's injury may be a bit of a weird blessing in disguise as it forces us to drop that system where Mo stays on the touchline and cant get into the game as he's creating space for Trent to run into and in-turn leaving our whole right side exposed on the counter. We looked a lot more balanced last night on that side. I reckon we go back to normal 4-3-3 on Sunday. Jota, Bobby & Mo up top, Fab, Hendo & Thiago in the middle and Robbo, Konate, VVD & Gomez at the back.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24517 on: October 13, 2022, 10:02:26 am »
Was about to post yesterday that he's averaging over 50 games a season with us over a five year period. That's an incredible amount of games for someone who plays with such intensity.  That's leaving aside Egypt games and Afcon.
Is it any wonder he faded last season. He's  30 now and getting nearly every minute available isn't an option. I think it was absolutely right to sub him the weekend and not start him last night. It's not a kick up the arse he needs but maybe some game management.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #24518 on: October 13, 2022, 10:03:44 am »
Surly Mo > Laughing Mo...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24519 on: October 13, 2022, 10:08:30 am »
Although his all round game is excellent, there is a pocket of space in which he is absolutely devastating.

When he picks the ball up 10-15 yards outside the box (roughly in line with the corner of the penalty area), he makes things happen so often and is much harder to defend against. Instead of being pinned out wide as he has been in recent weeks, he's more central and from that position he can shoot, dribble, layoff the ball to the overlapping fullback, slip another striker in, or switch the play out to the left. He operates so well in tight spaces and his strength means he can bring others into play by holding the ball up.

Whilst his pace and trickery makes him a great out-ball down the wing, I think we need to get him off the touchline and into that pocket of space as often as possible plus get the ball up to him quickly in transition, as there's no-one better in world football at making things happen when the opposition defence is on the backfoot.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 10:10:37 am by keyop »