Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 2636613 times)

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• A cow, a moose and a dog walk into a bar. Mazdamaniac? Mazdad? Mazduh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice shall prevail. JFT96.
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32400 on: August 12, 2019, 09:00:39 AM »
The parking space issue speaks volumes. Ferguson's probably still turning up frequently enough to make this an ongoing dilemma....otherwise, why would anybody give a fuck?

I am not sure if its a cultural thing but when I was holidaying in Bergen Norway, I encountered a couple of instances where I thought they are very sentimental about their life experiences especially if it bought them good luck and happiness. The most obvious one was at the place where we stayed. It was a modern concrete building and at various sections in the house, there were wooden beams that looked visually appealing. But the owner later told us that the beams from his old house where he grew up and was staying for 35 years. And while building the new house, he didnt want to leave the old house behind. So he took with him, certain sections of the strong beams and had them incorporated into the new house. It had a sentimental effect to him.

I dont know/understand if a parking spot could be considered sentimental. But if it is, I wouldnt blame him. Maybe its a "Norway" thing.

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32401 on: August 12, 2019, 09:06:33 AM »
But that’s something with a connection to his house he lived in for years so can get that. 

The parking spot is just that, the current managers parking spot. The sentimentality for Oleh surely the rest of the training ground which he had a connection to from training there as a player.

It’s just plain weird.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • Believer
« Reply #32402 on: August 12, 2019, 09:11:55 AM »
There was a really really odd comment from Solskjaer after the game....

He said ‘we're working on finding style that suits us, suits the players we have’...

Now, I’m no coach (and I know some of you are).. but isn’t it the job of the coaching team to decide on a style, buy players to suit it and spend the preseason coaching them to achieve it?

Or am I being unreasonable?

It certainly is odd. I seem to remember him, and the fans, talking about bringing back the much fabled “United way”.  They didn’t mind not winning all the time, remember, the fans and media lost patience with the other managers for not playing “the right way”.

Seeing as that’s the case I assume they’re all disgruntled this morning because, despite winning 4-0, Manchester United had less possession at Old Trafford than the visitors, and they sat there inviting Chelsea on to them so they could counter attack.  That’s not the all out attack, swashbuckling, two wingers carving open the opposition at will, approach they all reckoned is United’s trademark.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #32403 on: August 12, 2019, 09:16:41 AM »
Good win. We will lose to Wolves if we perform like that again. Lots of luck. Midfield nonexistent and Pereira a nothing player. We already knew this but didn't buy to compensate.

Pundits on the Sky broadcast called the style of play "off the cuff" and I think that sums up Manchester United under OGS very well.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #32404 on: August 12, 2019, 09:18:55 AM »
There was a really really odd comment from Solskjaer after the game....

He said ‘we're working on finding style that suits us, suits the players we have’...

Now, I’m no coach (and I know some of you are).. but isn’t it the job of the coaching team to decide on a style, buy players to suit it and spend the preseason coaching them to achieve it?

Or am I being unreasonable?

That's absolutely mind-blowing. A sign that they are a rudderless ship. And it's fucking hilarious.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online Tepid T₂O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32405 on: August 12, 2019, 09:36:30 AM »
Wants weird about it is there’s only one way you can play with that squad - a low block and counter attack.
He keeps wanting them to press which is a nonsense, the midfield isn’t athletic or quick enough
As soon as they dropped off in the second half then looked to counter they looked much better

Problem for them is in this league if you want top 4 you’ve got to dominate the dross - don’t think they’re set up to do that at all
They weren’t that high against Chelsea ....

If they have a low block and press then ultimately it will fail..

Shaw is very very slow, McGuire isn’t that quick, and really only WB has genuine pace in that back line
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

With courage, nothing is impossible.

• Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #32406 on: August 12, 2019, 09:40:07 AM »
Ole-Gunnar looked like he couldn't believe they won at the final whistle. He was trying his hardest to suppress a big grin.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online Felch Aid

• Believer
« Reply #32407 on: August 12, 2019, 09:41:14 AM »
As expected Utd are back winning the league. Maguire imperious, Rashford the world's best.

I thought they would make a good start but first six weeks of any season usually produces odd results as it does as the arse end. However, on the positive side if it keeps Ole there it can only be a good thing.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #32408 on: August 12, 2019, 09:55:29 AM »
I am not sure if its a cultural thing but when I was holidaying in Bergen Norway, I encountered a couple of instances where I thought they are very sentimental about their life experiences especially if it bought them good luck and happiness. The most obvious one was at the place where we stayed. It was a modern concrete building and at various sections in the house, there were wooden beams that looked visually appealing. But the owner later told us that the beams from his old house where he grew up and was staying for 35 years. And while building the new house, he didnt want to leave the old house behind. So he took with him, certain sections of the strong beams and had them incorporated into the new house. It had a sentimental effect to him.

I dont know/understand if a parking spot could be considered sentimental. But if it is, I wouldnt blame him. Maybe its a "Norway" thing.
I think if Solskjaer wins a major trophy managing United, the parking space issue will turn into a warm anecdote passed down the generations until we're all walking around in space suits with jet-packs etc...

If he doesn't win them a major trophy, history will document it as another lament about the Ferguson 'shadow' and how it was still psychologically crippling the successive generations.
YNWA

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32409 on: August 12, 2019, 10:20:52 AM »
Apparently, Daniel James’s dad died while he was negotiating his United contract this summer. Chuffed for the lad now that he scored (I wondered why he was so emotional after the goal, it seemed more than just a debut thing). Takes a strong person to go through that at 21 and score on his debut at OT.
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking."

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32410 on: August 12, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »
Missus watched this when she got home last night on MOTD. I avoided the game part, having already suffered it during the day, but sadly caught the pundits, what they fuck were they smoking? They were all pumped up over that shitshow and talking about Herman Munster in the same way you would talk about Virgil, he seriously got MOTM? He moves like a fucking oil tanker and that midfield of their will get destroyed by a hell of a lot of the League - if Wolves play like they did last season, the bubble will burst very very quickly.

Offline Classycara

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32411 on: August 12, 2019, 11:14:59 AM »

It's just standard brown nosing and deference, appealing to fans sentimentality. All very much English things, not Norwegian.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32412 on: August 12, 2019, 11:27:22 AM »
Missus watched this when she got home last night on MOTD. I avoided the game part, having already suffered it during the day, but sadly caught the pundits, what they fuck were they smoking? They were all pumped up over that shitshow and talking about Herman Munster in the same way you would talk about Virgil, he seriously got MOTM? He moves like a fucking oil tanker and that midfield of their will get destroyed by a hell of a lot of the League - if Wolves play like they did last season, the bubble will burst very very quickly.

Get used to it during any win. Actually during any game - they want NEED to big up the most expensive defender in the world, playing for their favorite team, who happens to be English. Even during losses - it won't be his fault.

And good for James given his situation etc. - but that was a massive deflection. Kepa was there and then the deflection took it away from him.

Offline tonysleft

• Believer
  • A manc
« Reply #32413 on: August 12, 2019, 12:13:46 PM »
I think if Solskjaer wins a major trophy managing United, the parking space issue will turn into a warm anecdote passed down the generations until we're all walking around in space suits with jet-packs etc...

If he doesn't win them a major trophy, history will document it as another lament about the Ferguson 'shadow' and how it was still psychologically crippling the successive generations.
Yeah pretty much. It's all dictated by victories. He wins and none of that dumb shite matters. Thing is this team, and particularly it's midfield, is not going to win major trophies as things stand

We needed Bruno or Ndombele or anybody in midfield badly. We will be desperately searching for a RW in January I think. This counter attack with the terrible technique on display from the players yesterday will suffer against clinical teams.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Online So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #32414 on: August 12, 2019, 12:16:31 PM »
Hes talking about their clothing, music and snapchat accounts.

Keep up, man!

You've forgotten emojis and hair styles.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32415 on: August 12, 2019, 12:22:09 PM »
They'll come crashing back down to earth when Wolves turn them over next week.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• Believer
« Reply #32417 on: August 12, 2019, 12:47:34 PM »
Pogba in Garth's first TOTW ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49314485?ns_source=facebook&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_linkname=sport&ns_mchannel=social&fbclid=IwAR1crpN5v3dp_cxaMf1njiRIml-JihNvuLW9ipYccWbIKFEBMv2K1mwUMJM
One Liverpool player 😂 Crooks is bantz turned up to 11, also Ederson, after his team wins 5-0, the licence fee pays this biffs wages for his expert opinion, what a time to be alive

Offline Andy ⁎ Allerton

• Yarp. Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32418 on: August 12, 2019, 01:01:17 PM »
Ole-Gunnar looked like he couldn't believe they won at the final whistle. He was trying his hardest to suppress a big grin.

If we'd beaten Chelsea 4-0 at home, then I think Klopp would have had a big grin as well.

As poor as Chelsea were and as fortunate as Manchester United were - 4-0 against someone expected to be easily among the top four is an excellent result.

Manchester United have an opportunity to learn lessons, use the result in their favour and press on. The worst thing they can do is think they have cracked it and they are the best team in the league. That might kick them up the arse sooner rather than later..
Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC superfan since 8th May 2020

• Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #32419 on: August 12, 2019, 01:25:47 PM »
If we'd beaten Chelsea 4-0 at home, then I think Klopp would have had a big grin as well.

As poor as Chelsea were and as fortunate as Manchester United were - 4-0 against someone expected to be easily among the top four is an excellent result.

Manchester United have an opportunity to learn lessons, use the result in their favour and press on. The worst thing they can do is think they have cracked it and they are the best team in the league. That might kick them up the arse sooner rather than later..

I'd try and clarify what I mean, but since English isn't my 1st language I struggle to do so. Whilst Klopp would smile and be happy, it'd be because of the plan working like he thought and sheer joy. OGS smiled more out of disbelief, like a poker player pulling out a 3 outer on the river.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #32420 on: August 12, 2019, 01:36:10 PM »
They’re gonna win everything! Even the world cup

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• Believer
« Reply #32422 on: August 12, 2019, 01:50:49 PM »
I'd say they even fancy their chances in the World Snooker Championship

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #32423 on: August 12, 2019, 02:01:50 PM »
One Liverpool player 😂 Crooks is bantz turned up to 11, also Ederson, after his team wins 5-0, the licence fee pays this biffs wages for his expert opinion, what a time to be alive

Quote from: Garth
This keeper has nerves of steel. Quite apart from playing passes with his feet inches from his goalline, Ederson is very capable of making match-winning saves.

Did you know? Ederson made three saves against West Ham

So in a game where they won 5-0, and he made 3 saves, in what world were any of them considered match-winning? Surely he could have nipped off for a couple of pints and come back at full time to a 5-3 win.
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Believer
« Reply #32424 on: August 12, 2019, 02:08:59 PM »
Pretty sure he only put Ederson in so that he could question his neck tattoo.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #32425 on: August 12, 2019, 02:35:15 PM »
I'd say they even fancy their chances in the World Snooker Championship

They have a good chance! They got new signings and everything.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats!
  • Believer
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #32426 on: August 12, 2019, 05:28:33 PM »
Doubt it mate. Spurs were handed all the titles when they showed an interest in Dybala. Everyone's resigned to playing for runners up spots this year. Imagine if they'd signed him and how much more they'd have won

There was talk on here that UEFA and FIFA were gonna give them 3 cups for each Title
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadradiobroadcast

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty.....pretty pretty good
« Reply #32427 on: August 12, 2019, 09:19:01 PM »
I love that they’ve already forgotten what twats they looked after a few games of the Molde one, and have gone full swagger again.
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32428 on: August 12, 2019, 09:51:19 PM »

I think we know which of those two options they will go for. The one with the most 'swagger'.
'There's nothing stupid about football. And there's nothing at all stupid about the annual All-Priest's 5-a-side Over-75s Indoor Football Challenge Match!'

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
« Reply #32429 on: August 12, 2019, 09:56:57 PM »

Kloppo would have had a grin for a completely different reason though.  He'd actually expect our boys to win and he'd be very proud of them for doing so.  Ole was probably flabbergasted by the result. ;D 
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #32430 on: August 13, 2019, 12:04:41 AM »
Took them one game to return to full delusion

Parker: Wan Bissaka is the best RB in the league ahead of Trent

Ferdinand: Dybala didn't have the minerals to play for the mancs

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #32431 on: August 13, 2019, 12:05:09 AM »
Pretty sure he only put Ederson in so that he could question his neck tattoo.

Yeah he does this a lot, puts players in just so he can take a dig. He's done it a few times with us when he has something snarky to say about Klopp, but he just comes off looking a prick as usual.

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Siempre Antifascista
« Reply #32432 on: August 13, 2019, 12:11:29 AM »

It's hilarious how they are back to the 70s already. Anyone who they signed was automatically declared the best in the country or even the world in his position. Strange how this Bissaka fella wasn't seen as the best in the country last season, but suddenly now is after just one game for the Mancshite.

Embarrassing stuff.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 12:13:19 AM by Sons of pioneerS »
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS.
Champions of Everything and Everywhere.
Even beat Mars 3-0 in the Interplanetary Cup Final.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #32433 on: August 13, 2019, 12:26:46 AM »

Ah, fuck right Jimmy Greenhoff
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Chakan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #32434 on: August 13, 2019, 12:30:14 AM »

Will make the fall all that much funnier.

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
  • On the piss with Georgie Best
« Reply #32435 on: August 13, 2019, 12:36:06 AM »
Shaw is very very slow
Appearances can be deceiving, pre-PSV injury Shaw was absolutely rapid.  Even now, don’t recall Shaw getting beaten for pace often.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #32436 on: August 13, 2019, 12:40:17 AM »
Appearances can be deceiving, pre-PSV injury Shaw was absolutely rapid.  Even now, don’t recall Shaw getting beaten for pace cake often.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Classycara

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32437 on: August 13, 2019, 12:44:58 AM »
Appearances can be deceiving, pre-PSV injury Shaw was absolutely rapid.  Even now, don’t recall Shaw getting beaten for pace often.

Take it up with your fitness coaches, not RAWK. Maybe he's quick enough over short distances, but according to what Lukaku shared he is one of the slowest over the distance they were measuring.

Offline Something Worse

• Believer
« Reply #32438 on: August 13, 2019, 12:59:02 AM »

Wan Bissaka is the best RB I've ever seen at stepping on the ball and struggling to control it. Very few players that can't do these simple things make it at the top level.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
  • On the piss with Georgie Best
« Reply #32439 on: August 13, 2019, 01:01:06 AM »
Wan Bissaka is the best RB in the league ahead of Trent
Depends what you value more from your fullbacks.  Based solely on defending, AWB is the best RB in the PL.  If you want your fullbacks bombing forward, then obviously TAA is your man.  I'd give the edge to TAA based on last season's output and also his defending is prolly higher quality than AWB's attacking tbf.  AWB can certainly improve on the attacking front, and important to consider he was never asked to do much attacking at Palace.  Both young and talented, England appears set at RB for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:08:04 AM by MancEunuchian »