Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3461414 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: Thursday Night Meverton Ah-ha ha "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!"
« Reply #28720 on: May 13, 2019, 01:33:32 pm »
My thoughts too. Ferguson had squeezed the last few drops left in the dishcloth before he left. They were slowly declining and were on the verge of needing a rebuild when he jumped ship. He squeezed the final drops out and then left the rebuild to whoever came in. Any new manager was on a hiding to nothing. It may as well have been Moyes as anyone. The outcome was always going to be the same.

Ferguson left as a champion with his reputation intact, knowing full well that United were screwed and the new guy would cop the blame. A shrewd move by him, but it left the club floundering. He lined Moyes up to take the fall. He was Ferguson's lamb, and he was willingly led to his own slaughter.

There's also the part where Ferguson didn't call out the Glazers despite being the only man that could. He let them takeover the club unopposed. He did it all to get to 20 league titles and put one over on us and City.

Any new manager isn't in the place to do that. They'd be risking the sack and most fans probably wouldn't listen anyway.

He left them with an ageing squad and as a rudderless club. With hindsight it's hard to think that he didn't have any inclination that they were heading for choppy waters when he left.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #28721 on: May 13, 2019, 01:37:39 pm »
The state of their club and it would be like us watching Ev and them go for the title with us wanting the Ev to win.

I almost feel sorry for them.

naaah, fuck them  ;D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Thursday Night Man Utd Ah-ha ha "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!"
« Reply #28722 on: May 13, 2019, 01:38:41 pm »
Give him more time. He's about to convince the players what it means to play for manutd and the badge. He's almost there.

I’ve heard he’s planning a tour of the mills and coronation Street to provide some inspiration.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #28723 on: May 13, 2019, 01:40:13 pm »
I actually think Moyes was a decent manager, but Everton was his level, going there absolutely destroyed his career, the job was too big for him, and I mean that in the sense that there was just too much to do, and he was never going to get the time to do it, signing Elbows wasn't a clever move either.

Too much to write on the whiteboards in the war room...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #28724 on: May 13, 2019, 01:41:41 pm »
Isn't it going to be Rio Ferdinand? :lmao

Hear it's going to be Dwight Yorke

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #28725 on: May 13, 2019, 01:49:40 pm »
Mourinho was an idiotic move, by far the most predictably miserable hiring. Van Gaal wasn't all that great either, not even from the outset.

These two come from an era when the managers were the indisputed bosses, but nowadays star players are bigger than their managers and can get rid of them if needed. These kids are also friends with eachother and gossip, and if a manager gets a bad reputation nobody wants to join. Bullying and shouting at players doesn't work anymore. We can moan all day long about spoiled brats, but that's how football works now. You have to go with the flow and have a manager that the players like. The 80s are not coming back.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28726 on: May 13, 2019, 01:55:48 pm »
It feels like Mourinho took the club, squeezed the last dregs out of them to win a couple of trophies and now they’re just a dried up husk.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #28727 on: May 13, 2019, 02:01:14 pm »
Mourinho was an idiotic move, by far the most predictably miserable hiring. Van Gaal wasn't all that great either, not even from the outset.

These two come from an era when the managers were the indisputed bosses, but nowadays star players are bigger than their managers and can get rid of them if needed. These kids are also friends with eachother and gossip, and if a manager gets a bad reputation nobody wants to join. Bullying and shouting at players doesn't work anymore. We can moan all day long about spoiled brats, but that's how football works now. You have to go with the flow and have a manager that the players like. The 80s are not coming back.
Controversial opinion here, but I still think Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world. He seems like a very odd person to complement. Especially considering I wouldn't swap our current manager for anyone and Mourinho is basically the anti-Klopp.

I think his United stint says just as much about them as a club than Mourinho as a manager. In the past when he's been sacked I got the feeling he almost wanted it, he was so brash and cocky he'd just accept it and move on to the next challenge. Mourinho at United looked like a different man though, you got the impression managing that club broke him.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28728 on: May 13, 2019, 02:08:03 pm »
There's also the part where Ferguson didn't call out the Glazers despite being the only man that could. He let them takeover the club unopposed. He did it all to get to 20 league titles and put one over on us and City.

Any new manager isn't in the place to do that. They'd be risking the sack and most fans probably wouldn't listen anyway.

He left them with an ageing squad and as a rudderless club. With hindsight it's hard to think that he didn't have any inclination that they were heading for choppy waters when he left.

I've often wondered whether his reluctance to call them out was also linked to the fact that he was instrumental in the club being on the market in the first place.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #28729 on: May 13, 2019, 02:15:27 pm »
There's also the part where Ferguson didn't call out the Glazers despite being the only man that could. He let them takeover the club unopposed.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/jul/22/sir-alex-ferguson-glazer-manchester-united

Not only did he not call them out, he was full of praise for them.

Genuine question here, as there are a lot of people who understand the intricacies of the situation more than myself.

United fans hate the Glazers. So why is Ferguson never criticised for not doing more to stop them? No manager will ever wield as much power as he did at United. Forget "unfollowing" a Twitter profile, forget hashtags...Ferguson calling the owners out in public would have turned the tide instantly. It seems weird that his lack of any kind of protest is never brought up.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28730 on: May 13, 2019, 02:30:18 pm »
Mourinho does some punditry and analysis for a foreign TV station (can't remember which but I've watched videos on YouTube) and he speaks well and makes interesting points. I doubt he's lost any of his tactical "talent" for lack of a better phrase.

I think his problem is that when he's actually in the dugout, he comes across as miserable, and has done for years; I would say around 2014-15, just before things started going badly wrong at Chelsea. At his peak he was never like that - arrogant, yes, sometimes a prick, absolutely, but did have a certain charisma about him and you could see why many of his players absolutely loved him.

When he was at United he came across as totally joyless, always tense and on the edge, and you can only imagine what that's like to work with. It's easy to see why the players were so relieved when OGS took over. Though Mourinho was actually in the right regarding the attitudes of players like Pogba.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #28731 on: May 13, 2019, 02:35:56 pm »
Controversial opinion here, but I still think Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world.

I don't think it's controversial. He's won 4 major trophies in the last 5 seasons as a manager (been sacked twice as well to be fair).

There's an argument that he's on a downward trajectory as a manager but he's still at a high level. His biggest problem at the moment is getting a team where he can show he's still at a high level. In England, there's really not a team he could go to. Not in Spain either. It's basically Juve, Bayern or PSG out of the current top level clubs we he may get a chance. At all 3 of those clubs, winning the league wouldn't prove much. He'd need to win the Champion's League to really achieve.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #28732 on: May 13, 2019, 02:36:07 pm »
Mourinho does some punditry and analysis for a foreign TV station (can't remember which but I've watched videos on YouTube) and he speaks well and makes interesting points. I doubt he's lost any of his tactical "talent" for lack of a better phrase.

I think his problem is that when he's actually in the dugout, he comes across as miserable, and has done for years; I would say around 2014-15, just before things started going badly wrong at Chelsea. At his peak he was never like that - arrogant, yes, sometimes a prick, absolutely, but did have a certain charisma about him and you could see why many of his players absolutely loved him.

When he was at United he came across as totally joyless, always tense and on the edge, and you can only imagine what that's like to work with. It's easy to see why the players were so relieved when OGS took over. Though Mourinho was actually in the right regarding the attitudes of players like Pogba.
I saw that clip of Mourinho praising Klopp after the barca game last week and I wondered if he will change. while he always had his teams doing the snidey fouls etc and he never attacked like klopps teams, he did have the players busting a gut for him - porto, Chelsea 1st time, inter all seemed to love him. never been the same since madrid, now just seems to hate everything. wonder if he can change?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Thursday Night Man Utd Ah-ha ha "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!"
« Reply #28733 on: May 13, 2019, 02:41:36 pm »
I've heard some intelligent Mancs describing Fergie's lengthy tenure as now being a 'millstone' around the club's neck. I think they're absolutely correct. Add to this the ex-players who played under Fergie, and who are now weighing in with their two-cents, talking about desire, commitment and the club's DNA..etc. They're still romanticizing the Fergie-Formula, but are not sure how you even come close to replicating this under the fleeting reigns of these transient managerial journeymen, and "have-a-go" managers and coaches plucked from United's once golden era....under "Fergie.."   

I think them and you are wrong, while there is a weight of history with it that we are all too familiar with, their real issue remains the lack of a coherent strategy for how to deal with his departure.

Just look at their recent managers, they have tried a successor he recommended, then switched to an experienced name who was looked like he had a steady plan including youth progression, then switched to the poster child for big name short term signings and now they have gone full-on nostalgia. Until they realise what their current level is and that their overall structure needs a complete overhaul then they are going to remain a hilarious dumpster fire that is being kept ablaze by huge sacks of money.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #28734 on: May 13, 2019, 02:52:56 pm »
LFC dropped points this season and Final table:
Man City 5 points--Champions
Chelsea 2 points-- 3rd place
Arsenal 2 points-- 5th place
Man Utd 2 points---6th place
Everton 2 points--8th place
Leicester 2 points--9th place
West Ham 2 points--10th place

We didn't drop any points to teams in the bottom half of the final table.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28735 on: May 13, 2019, 03:00:03 pm »
They got rid of one the best managers in the world for the manager of Molde. If you had sat down and wrote the script nobody would of bought it.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #28736 on: May 13, 2019, 03:00:14 pm »
I wonder if Scott McTominay will turn out to be more like Tom Cleverley or Clayton Blackmore?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #28737 on: May 13, 2019, 03:30:57 pm »
Controversial opinion here, but I still think Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world. He seems like a very odd person to complement. Especially considering I wouldn't swap our current manager for anyone and Mourinho is basically the anti-Klopp.

I think his United stint says just as much about them as a club than Mourinho as a manager. In the past when he's been sacked I got the feeling he almost wanted it, he was so brash and cocky he'd just accept it and move on to the next challenge. Mourinho at United looked like a different man though, you got the impression managing that club broke him.
He might be a good coach, tactically, but he has been terrible at recruiting and developing talents for many years. That's a huge part of his job. The players despise him and that doesn't work. He would probably do better as a manager for a national team, where the coaching is 80% of the job.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
I wonder if Scott McTominay will turn out to be more like Tom Cleverley or Clayton Blackmore?

I reckon he'll be the next Darron Gibson

Online davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan

So I should invest in a pub round the corner from his house?

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I saw that clip of Mourinho praising Klopp after the barca game last week and I wondered if he will change. while he always had his teams doing the snidey fouls etc and he never attacked like klopps teams, he did have the players busting a gut for him - porto, Chelsea 1st time, inter all seemed to love him. never been the same since madrid, now just seems to hate everything. wonder if he can change?

The beIN sports one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw_GuYEAvdU

At 6.27 he's actually smiling a little after that comeback, he clearly enjoyed it, some nice comments as well.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
The irony of United/Mourinho. When he got sacked and they went on a 10-game winning run, it put him in a very bad light. But now at the end of the season, the fact that he finished second and won 2 major trophies with that absolute garbage of a squad is nearly as impressive as the fucking treble at Inter.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
The irony of United/Mourinho. When he got sacked and they went on a 10-game winning run, it put him in a very bad light. But now at the end of the season, the fact that he finished second and won 2 major trophies with that absolute garbage of a squad is nearly as impressive as the fucking treble at Inter.

He spent well over £400 million building that garbage squad so he doesn't get that much credit.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The beIN sports one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw_GuYEAvdU

At 6.27 he's actually smiling a little after that comeback, he clearly enjoyed it, some nice comments as well.

Thanks for the link!

It's certainly strange and nice to see him so relaxed and complimentary towards Klopp,also Jose really should consider staying off club management for a while as he looks 10 years younger after getting the sack.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for the link!

It's certainly strange and nice to see him so relaxed and complimentary towards Klopp,also Jose really should consider staying off club management for a while as he looks 10 years younger after getting the sack.

No problem and yeah he looks good there.

You see this kind of burnout bitterness in all manner of jobs really, he should have taken the break some time ago imo.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #28745 on: May 13, 2019, 04:44:26 pm »
Fellaini's been their best signing since Ferguson left.

Silly decision to sell him in February, he provided them with a Plan B

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
Fellaini was more of a Plan A    ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
No problem and yeah he looks good there.

You see this kind of burnout bitterness in all manner of jobs really, he should have taken the break some time ago imo.

He should have taken a break after Real, guess returning to Chelsea was too tempting.
#Sausages

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Their season hasn't really finished yet, they have one last mission, support Man City wining the FA cup to avoid an early EL qualification in July. What a crap season for them.
Believer

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
The press saying £150m for Pogba.

Really? Are they mad??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan

Really? Are they mad??

He's worth that much in shirt sales likes and follows alone.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for the link!

Football is Mourhino's cocaine.  He's utterly addicted and you can see when he's in the dugout how much it destroys him - yet he craves it still.  Ironically it's reflected in his management style - quick, big hit of euphoria, followed by a long, drawn out, crashing low.

This is his, "I've been clean for three months now - I really don't need it anymore," face.  See how long before the itch gets to him again.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 06:27:35 pm by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

Remember when Janujazz or whatever he was called was the future of England and United.
Whatever happened to him?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness

Really? Are they mad??
That doesn't sound like something football genius Fiorentino Perez would sanction.

I imagine that Hazard will take any penalties when he gets there, so his goals tally will dry up when he can't pad his stats by getting soft pens vs West Ham.
He's worth that much in shirt sales likes and follows alone.
Pray for Jesse Lingard's Instagram page
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28754 on: May 13, 2019, 05:45:52 pm »
A contact worth 23 mill is a big motivation for believing you can turn things around  :P

they surely have to get rid of him though, it's utterly nuts, and also very amusing, to think they could go into the summer with him. They may have the money to throw at players, but getting them to agree to play for that wet fish will be another thing.

I thought I read that they can get rid of him for just a couple of million.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
So I should invest in a pub round the corner from his house?

Depends

It's hard to know if he'll move house or just drive into Liverpool every day once he finally ends up at Everton

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #28756 on: May 13, 2019, 06:08:33 pm »

oh really? if that's the case, then they surely will sack him asap.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Remember when Janujazz or whatever he was called was the future of England and United.
One hit wonder, went the same route as Federico fucking Macheda.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
Their season hasn't really finished yet, they have one last mission, support Man City wining the FA cup to avoid an early EL qualification in July. What a crap season for them.
;D
This post is under-rated

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

If it is like Moysies then can get shut for a low figure when certain targets aren't met - thats if you call £5 million or so a low figure. If he sees his time out, he'll earn £23 million.

After hitting the heights of Sunderland, he now plays for Real Sociedad

Jurgen YNWA