Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3462395 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In relation to our fall from grace I'm not really sure where this lot are. The Fergie era can be classed as corresponding to the Shanks - Paisley - Fagan - Dalglish era. The whole Moyes - Van Gaal - Mourinho era is a bit like the Souness/Evans era, but doesn't fit with Ged or Rafa as they both made us better than what we were and Rafa made us a force to be reckoned with in Europe.
I'm just not sure if they are now at the Souness stage - ex player who had won a couple of title in another league, or are they now at the Hodgson stage?  The Owl and Ole both look totally out of their depths at the top level of the game.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
They took points off us.  That's all the proof you need that they could have raised their game.  It's not because City are better than us - it's because is we're more of a rival to them than Man City.
Different time. They were going ok at that time and we were on a difficult patch with started with the Palace game and continued through the Everton game.
If we played them now, it would be a destruction.

I couldnt believe it when Rashford kicked the ball out last night. He is supposed to be one of their own...United born and bred. And his level of intensity is so pathetically low that he kicks the ball out when the ref has allowed the game to play on.
With all the money they have, they will get it right...eventually. But fuck me, do they deserve a good twenty years of wilderness.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Holy shit United are absolutely fucking dreadful. They're five years away from being a good team, and that's if they get their recruitment right, and there's fuck all evidence they'll do that.

Next season and the following one are both write-offs already. It's really just a case of seeing if they can keep the comedy factor up.

It took us less than 5 years to turn things around.

What I will say is that Klopp came into a club that had a better footballing structure than United have now. Ours looked a mess from the outside in 2015 but in fact it was starting to take shape and reap the benefits of our recruitment strategy. It just wasn't;t that apparent until we had a manager to utilise it appropriately.

I think United could be a title challenger in the next 2-3 seasons but they'd need to appoint the right DoF, the right manager and have a more coherent approach to the entire footballing side of things. For a club of their resources not to even challenge for the league title in 6 seasons, and probably more, shows a level of mismanagement that's hard to imagine. They are likely to have finished outside the Top 4 in 4 out of 6 seasons. That was unimaginable when Ferguson retired in the summer of 2013.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
They will be so tempted to try and fix it by splashing huge on attacking players. Since Ferguson left, the have needed fullbacks and central defenders. He left them with an ageing squad that was over performing, and they didn't change it at all.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Easy to say, much harder to do.  We were always gonna have a tough go of it.  Point is, we didn’t roll over for City.  As plenty on here accused we would.  Only way we’d get anything tonight was to be physical, outwork them, and pray for a moment of magic.  That first half was the best one could reasonably expect out of this United side, and we had our chances.  No shame in admitting that.  In the 2nd half, we ran out of steam and quality won out.

Out of interest, did you read Miguel Delaney's report on the goings on at OT. He said something that really caught my eye which was basically the players at United are incredibly unfit, which was something your new manager discovered early on in his reign. How the hell does a club like United allow such a thing to happen? You have to admit this appointment could prove very costly for you, why on earth didn't those running at the club give him longer, before deciding to give him a contract? Least you had the balls to show your face on here, I could never really understand why so many were relying on United to do something last night.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What did the Shakhtar Donetsk president say? something like 'we were expecting a 8-10mil bid and debating if we would wait for 12m and united came in with 50m and we all fell on the ground laughing.'
They got a fax with a €50 million bid, they read the fax and all started laughing and someone said tell them we want €64 million and the next day United faxed the €64 million bid.

Apparantly Fonseca the manager said they had better midfielders than Fred in the academy. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
Easy to say, much harder to do.  We were always gonna have a tough go of it.  Point is, we didn’t roll over for City.  As plenty on here accused we would.  Only way we’d get anything tonight was to be physical, outwork them, and pray for a moment of magic.  That first half was the best one could reasonably expect out of this United side, and we had our chances.  No shame in admitting that.  In the 2nd half, we ran out of steam and quality won out.

Fuck me ...... if that was a tough go at it you really are fucked. Playing like a bunch of strangers thrown together without a plan. You say you didnt roll over for City? So what was the plan then? Being physical? You mean kick em off the park? You couldnt even do that effectively! Outwork them? Where? Didnt see any evidence of that on the pitch. Pray for a moment of magic? Ahh so here at last is the plan lol

First half WAS the best one could expect from that pile of shite in that you didnt concede 2 or 3 goals. What chances were these that you talk of? ONE shot on target is the match stat I hear.

Running out of steam and not having enough quality is not something you should be saying when you are supposed to be the biggest club in the world. Playing shite against your local rivals who are about to win the league title with your most hated rivals in second place following your inevitable defeat is not plucky. Especially after spending more than some nations' annual budget and having how many goes is it now at finding a manager that can, you know, manage. Finishing outside the top 4 and inside the top 6 is the best you can hope for but personally I would not be surprised to see you fall much further than that next season.

Ole and his bubble is done. You wont get top 4 and even if that magic you talk of above happens and you do the board will restrict Oles spending in the summer. They might even take all responsibilty for transfers off him and that would probably mean Woodward doing even more damage.

Well if this is the United way long may it and Ole continue and we will all hope you dont lose heart and see it through to the end!

This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not only are they cheering on City to win the league but they're likely to have to cheer them on to win the FA Cup too.  If Watford win it then the 6th placed team will go into the 2nd qualifying round which starts on 25th July.

Imagine cheering your local rivals on to the double, whilst you sit there pot-less?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Out of interest, did you read Miguel Delaney's report on the goings on at OT. He said something that really caught my eye which was basically the players at United are incredibly unfit, which was something your new manager discovered early on in his reign. How the hell does a club like United allow such a thing to happen? You have to admit this appointment could prove very costly for you, why on earth didn't those running at the club give him longer, before deciding to give him a contract? Least you had the balls to show your face on here, I could never really understand why so many were relying on United to do something last night.

It's not that they're particularly unfit IMO. They didn't look like they lacked for fitness when Mourinho was around. However, their intensity of play was more controlled and less intense. In the early weeks under Ole, I thought their players looked like they were running themselves into the ground. There was such an intensity to their sprinting that it could never be sustainable without substantial improvement to their fitness. They've since had numerous injuries to their squad. Pochettino and Klopp suffered similarly when they first started but with the crucial difference that they were both much more tactically inclined and could control the team's exhertions a lot better. Ole doesn't appear to have a tactical bone in his body. I don't think it's necassarily a lack of fitness and think it's more a case of players that have been suddenly asked to play at an intensity they're not used to with minimal tactical instructions as to how to apply themselves and they seem to end up gassing themselves out in the early stages of the game in running around like headless chickens.

Edit: Wanted to say that they cannot play at that level of intensity without substantially improving their ability to play at that intensity.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:13:21 am by jooneyisdagod »
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Wonder how many of you thought United were shite in the first half?  Better team won, no doubt.  But to say we didn’t try is fucking insulting.  You can question our quality, but can’t question the effort.  Not tonight at least.  Proud of the lads... and yes, I wanted to see a United victory even if it meant a Liverpool title win.

You were ok in the first half and it was promising that you'd managed to get through 45 minutes without conceding and had a couple of chances.

As for effort. Sorry but no, it wasn't there. Not enough chasing back, not enough pressing, not enough movement to create space. There's no team spirit there and you look like you aren't coached at all.

Back in the day it was possible to put a load of decent footballers on the pitch and they'd beat a load of footballers who weren't quite as good most of the time. Try watching what Liverpool or Man City do - how they play, pass and move, press and understand the systems and patterns of play - and then see just how far behind you are.

"...can’t question the effort.  Not tonight at least.  Proud of the lads..."

Are you Stoke? We love the state you are in, but have a bit of pride in your club, or what your club used to be under Ferguson.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Kind of amazing that in such a big game for a few different reasons, pogba can still be a lazy useless arse. So many times he lost the ball doing nothing in particular and didn't get back in position for a good 30 seconds. People like to lay into fred (he's a bit shit to be fair) but at least he worked hard and did his job, pogba just looks like he's not arsed in the slightest.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They got a fax with a €50 million bid, they read the fax and all started laughing and someone said tell them we want €64 million and the next day United faxed the €64 million bid.

Apparantly Fonseca the manager said they had better midfielders than Fred in the academy. :D

Christ.  That's like the Peter Ridsdale - Seth Johnson story.

The one where Johnson went into contract negotiations hoping for an offer of around £13,000 a week, Ridsdale offered him £30,000. Johnson sat there in stunned silence not believing his luck, Ridsdale immediately upped to £37,000 thinking Johnson was insulted by the initial offer.

It's an apocryphal tale, of course, but there's a reason these stories only tend to stick to badly run organisations.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wonder how many of you thought United were shite in the first half?  Better team won, no doubt.  But to say we didn’t try is fucking insulting.  You can question our quality, but can’t question the effort.  Not tonight at least.  Proud of the lads... and yes, I wanted to see a United victory even if it meant a Liverpool title win.

You've just lost comfortably at home to potentially gift your local rivals the title. It was abject. That you managed to hold out to 50 minutes or so puts you at the level of cardiff.

Oh and if he gets a transfer window - which isn't guaranteed at this stage - this is only going to get worse.

From our point of view it's a decent little chink of light. We've been through it and seen it, so many of your fans haven't. You're in a terminal, terminal decline now. If everything went great for you now you still won't challenge meaningfully for the title till 2024. And there's nothing at all suggesting things are going to go well for you in the near future. When  Fergie left we all knew it would be bad, I don't think anyone could have expected it be this bad.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
By any objective measure Manchester U are in serious trouble.

Their squad commands an enormous wage bill and in terms of quality is mediocre to poor. The players are seriously unfit and apparently unmotivated. Their goalie, who for several seasons has masked their decline, is now in decline himself. The young English players like Rashford and Lingard were desperately overhyped (not just by the club's supporters but, as often happens with them, by the whole country) and are now being revealed as second-rate: the sort of players who you wouldn't look at twice but for the fact that they are England 'stars' and therefore expect to start matches.

The new manager has an extremely meagre track record and is clearly out of his depth in the Premier League, having experienced only relegation. He's surviving - for the moment - on emotion. That worked well for a few weeks, aided by the fact that the team had a run of fairly easy fixtures. But emotion has a limited shelf life. The players show signs they don't believe in him and the crowd will probably follow suit a few weeks into next season.

They are most probably going to miss out on Champions League football and wouldn't be confident of getting through the qualification round even if they somehow fluked 4th place in the league. They will probably recruit new players over the summer, though it won't be easy if they fail to qualify for the Champions League. And it's never easy anyway when you're constantly the weaker, less glamorous club in a city. And, more importantly, their transfer strategy is a well-known joke. They are miles behind us for example on this. Their scouting system is also said to be in disarray.

Every club has blips of course but theirs is now becoming much more than a blip. They might expect to ride the situation if, say, Liverpool or Man City were having troubles as well. But they aren't. Add in the fact that Spurs are still going strong under a very good coach, and that Arsenal and even Chelsea look in much better shape and it suddenly looks very daunting for Man United.

On top of everything else their ground is falling down.

And that old fella in the stand with the red nose just won't go away and leave them alone. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
It's not that they're particularly unfit IMO. They didn't look like they lacked for fitness when Mourinho was around. However, their intensity of play was more controlled and less intense. In the early weeks under Ole, I thought their players looked like they were running themselves into the ground. There was such an intensity to their sprinting that it could never be sustainable without substantial improvement to their fitness. They've since had numerous injuries to their squad. Pochettino and Klopp suffered similarly when they first started but with the crucial difference that they were both much more tactically inclined and could control the team's exhertions a lot better. Ole doesn't appear to have a tactical bone in his body. I don't think it's necassarily a lack of fitness and think it's more a case of players that have been suddenly asked to play at an intensity they're not used to with minimal tactical instructions as to how to apply themselves and they seem to end up gassing themselves out in the early stages of the game in running around like headless chickens.

Edit: Wanted to say that they cannot play at that level of intensity without substantially improving their ability to play at that intensity.

I don't disagree with any of that to be fair. The biggest mistake they made as we all know, was being in such a hurry to give Ole his contract it was a crazy decision.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The one where Johnson went into contract negotiations hoping for an offer of around £13,000 a week, Ridsdale offered him £30,000. Johnson sat there in stunned silence not believing his luck, Ridsdale immediately upped to £37,000 thinking Johnson was insulted by the initial offer.

It's an apocryphal tale, of course, but there's a reason these stories only tend to stick to badly run organisations.

There was a similar story doing the rounds about our own purchase of Jordan Henderson and Commolli's "negotiation" of it.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
Re: SolSeks is STILL the manager of Manchester United!!
« Reply #27216 on: April 25, 2019, 10:37:02 am »
United in their prime, more so than any other Premier League club, really did have opponents beaten before the game.

I'm not saying this with any kind of bitterness either. I do genuinely think it's one of the advantages consistent success gives you, a huge psychological advantage. We're seeing the same thing with the City juggernaut now. That's why our first ever Premier League title, whenever that comes, will be the hardest one to win. Until we achieve that there will always be the narrative that our challenge can be stopped, and opposing teams can thrive on that.

Spot on. Great post.

Completely agree. Shite sides often seem to have their best games of the season against us. Maybe they see us as the biggest scalp they have a chance of taking. Hopefully this season will disabuse of them of that notion.

Klopp has done an amazing job of making Anfield an absolute fortress which I think really helps.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
As a Palace fan I really feel for Man Utd and I think it’s quite despicable the way you privileged elitists are sticking the boot into a mid table side.

Don’t you understand how depressing it is to watch a match knowing you are almost certain to be beat , and your only chance of points is to drag the opposition into a scrap, or get a big slice of luck?

Shame on you.

;)

We know how it feels, we used to have your manager ;D

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
...The new manager has an extremely meagre track record and is clearly out of his depth in the Premier League, having experienced only relegation. He's surviving - for the moment - on emotion. That worked well for a few weeks, aided by the fact that the team had a run of fairly easy fixtures. But emotion has a limited shelf life. The players show signs they don't believe in him and the crowd will probably follow suit a few weeks into next season...

I read that they trained at the Cliff before the derby. That says so much about Solksjaer. All he has to offer is memories of that "great night in Barcelona" in 1999 and nostalgia for better times under Ferguson. Watching Solksjaer on teh bench last night reminded me of the famous Don McCullin picture of the marine with the 'thousand mile stare'

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You were shite in the first half, it is even funnier that after spending all that money on transfers and wages that they could only produce that level of play when they were trying.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
You were shite in the first half, it is even funnier that after spending all that money on transfers and wages that they could only produce that level of play when they were trying.

For the first 20 minutes they held their own with the up and at 'em type game.  This disrupted City and they were making uncharacteristic errors.  After that CIty took over and De Gea saved United a few times before HT with saves from turn coat bastard in particular.  United are on a very dangerous (and pleasing) precipice.  If they don't make CL this year,  which is likely, they will be stuck in the EL on Thursday nights.  They will lose big names and will find it hard to attract any decent names as it stands.  They don't have the lustre that they once had and lets face it the manager does not inspire and will not be able to call on the spirit of '99 forever.  While it would have been great that they took points off them last night the reality is that even if they did it would paper over serious deficiencies in the whole place. 

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
As a Palace fan I really feel for Man Utd and I think it’s quite despicable the way you privileged elitists are sticking the boot into a mid table side.

Don’t you understand how depressing it is to watch a match knowing you are almost certain to be beat , and your only chance of points is to drag the opposition into a scrap, or get a big slice of luck?

Dont you understand how depressing it is to watch a match knowing you would rather drag your balls through broken shards of glass while doing a marathon instead of watching your team going to grounds where any tactically aware pension gentlemen sunday league team would get something but would still watch them lose on penalties or scrap a lousy draw and then have the audacity to blame the situation on previous coaches or question the work ethic of players?

Oh wait you already know. You have Uncle Hodgson. Welcome to Liverpool.

;)

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There was a similar story doing the rounds about our own purchase of Jordan Henderson and Commolli's "negotiation" of it.

Never heard this... Go on
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
I read that they trained at the Cliff before the derby. That says so much about Solksjaer. All he has to offer is memories of that "great night in Barcelona" in 1999 and nostalgia for better times under Ferguson. Watching Solksjaer on teh bench last night reminded me of the famous Don McCullin picture of the marine with the 'thousand mile stare'

Good stuff Al. (Have you seen the McCullin exhibition in London?). I read about the Cliff but assumed that was a joke. It isn't?

This appealing to raw emotion works - 'scuse the pun - once in a blue moon. It's something that can easily be overdone - to the point of creating resentment or simple fatigue. If you resort to it as a mater of routine, as Solksjaer appears to do, it can only end in failure.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

When we sold them Fowler, Robbie and his agent said that they could get the move done for £8 million and not to involve a particular agent. Risdale used this agent and the fee ended up at £13 million. Then, when Robbie came back, Leeds were paying 2/3 of the wages of a player at the reigning European Champions
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The PFA:-

Paul Pogba (MF - Manchester United)
A World Cup winner last summer, Pogba has enjoyed the best goalscoring season of his career, racking up over a dozen goals as United battle for a Champions League spot. Possessing stunning ballstriking and passing abilities with both feet, along with a tremendous work rate, the 26-year-old has thrived under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and can be expected to have a stellar end to the 2018-19 campaign.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

A World Cup winner last summer, Pogba has enjoyed the best goalscoring season of his career, racking up over a dozen goals as United battle for a Champions League spot. Possessing stunning ballstriking and passing abilities with both feet, along with a tremendous work rate, the 26-year-old has thrived under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and can be expected to have a stellar end to the 2018-19 campaign.

Sure, sure.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online lamonti

• Legacy Fan
It took us less than 5 years to turn things around.

What I will say is that Klopp came into a club that had a better footballing structure than United have now. Ours looked a mess from the outside in 2015 but in fact it was starting to take shape and reap the benefits of our recruitment strategy. It just wasn't;t that apparent until we had a manager to utilise it appropriately.

I think United could be a title challenger in the next 2-3 seasons but they'd need to appoint the right DoF, the right manager and have a more coherent approach to the entire footballing side of things. For a club of their resources not to even challenge for the league title in 6 seasons, and probably more, shows a level of mismanagement that's hard to imagine. They are likely to have finished outside the Top 4 in 4 out of 6 seasons. That was unimaginable when Ferguson retired in the summer of 2013.

That's why they're so far off though. Once they get things right — or at the very least, moving in the right direction — in terms of club structure and club infrastructure (which Mourinho frequently had a go at), they then have to get their recruitment right in terms of who is the manager and then get the recruitment right in terms of players.

Next season they're going to have to grapple with either a terrible squad full of want-away stars dogging through Europa League schedule with an inexperienced manager whose obsessed with fanning the nostalgia phase, or an absolutely astonishing turnover of players, like say 8/9 mainstay players. Realistically, no one gets that right and gets that all to gel (throw in the  "who's buying them?" question too for good measure.).

They either start getting very itchy about Ole, or they recognise that while they're far off they're going in the right direction. Option A means they sack another manager, make another terrible decision and maybe hire a DoF midseason, while their world is falling apart again. Option B means they don't hire a DoF and just see how much juice they can squeeze out of the smiley lad who's leading them on their worst run of form in 60 years with no evidence that he's got a tactical plan for the team going forward, or a structural plan for the playing side of the club other offering continual fan service for the content on the Utd App.

The following season will be trying to pick the bones out of either of those situations. Another major crisis or a realisation that half the players they bought aren't working out and while they've now got a bit of identity as a team, they have to buy 6 more players this summer and hope that 4 of them work out. And add in again, their negotiating and recruitment has been a travesty since the end of the Ferguson years.

Best case scenario, we've all underestimated the guy whose delivered their worst run of defeats in 60 years and been relegated with Cardiff and managed Molde and they're very very very slowly coming up the hill in 2021/22.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Four hours and forty minutes since their last goal.   :wave

Eight hours and forty seven minutes since their last goal from open play.    :lmao
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online lamonti

• Legacy Fan

Came out fighting in the first half. Wow well done. Second half, Ole's giving thumbs up to the crowd, Pogba's immediately dribbling in midfield, no one working as hard even after they've had 15 minutes rest in their legs. They knew they'd done the obligatory "show some fight" bit so they could just go back to taking no responsibility for how things pan out.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
Ole's at the wheel  :lmao :lmao  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

How good does it feel  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

:shite: :shite: :shite: :shite: :shite: :shite:
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία

This is the one where players vote, right?

Did they accidentally give J-Lingztm 1000 votes?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Different time. They were going ok at that time and we were on a difficult patch with started with the Palace game and continued through the Everton game.
If we played them now, it would be a destruction.

Have to disagree with that, mostly because it seems to happen in our fixtures an awful lot. We can't always be playing them at the wrong time - it's more a case there is rarely a right time for us to play them.

I agree that we'd beat them now, but that's largely because everyone is. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
The chosen one. Ole, ole, ole ole!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Dabbing and taking penalties is bloody hard work to be fair.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I honestly thought they played better last night than they did against us. It's just that City fancied attacking them and we didn't. We even ran down the clock with possession in injury time, having settled for the draw.

If that's the case then we're paying for it now. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Did I just read right? Pogba won PFA POTY?

Fergie back to his old tricks I see - should bump up his price a few extra quid in the summer.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
Ole's at the wheel  :lmao :lmao  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

How good does it feel  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

:shite: :shite: :shite: :shite: :shite: :shite:

If Ole's at the wheel the car is in the ditch and they're waiting for the emergency services to arrive :)
Not that optimistic now to be honest; City will almost certainly win the last 3, I've mentally accepted this - if it doesn't happen it's a wonderful unexpected bonus.
But whilst this may be famous last words it seems to me it'll be a title race between us and them again next year; we may need to add in a couple of areas; Hendo/Milner not getting any younger so more cover at CM (Keita has done alright to me but not quite set the world alight yet).  Possibly a replacement for one or both of Origi and Sturridge.
But we'll go again most of our key players are pretty young.  City will obviously.  Can't see anyone else strengthening enough over the Summer to challenge next year; unless possibly Spurs spent quite big but with the new ground Levy won't do that.
United though are irrelevant to this discussion these days.