Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's Ol4 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.  (Read 2061296 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Solskjaer is STILL the manager of Manchester United!!
« Reply #25560 on: April 15, 2019, 11:05:17 AM »
If City drop points against Spurs, then United will get thumped by City, miss out on top 4, and see Liverpool win the league.

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #25561 on: April 15, 2019, 11:12:33 AM »
If City drop points against Spurs, then United will get thumped by City, miss out on top 4, and see Liverpool win the league.

If Carlsberg did league finishes...

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Believer
« Reply #25562 on: April 15, 2019, 11:13:22 AM »
I don't really browse United forums so I don't know how representative that sentiment is. My Manc mate was desperate for us to beat Chelsea and thereby aid their chance of a top-4 finish, and actually prefers us to win the league against the petro-dollars. But he is 65 and old-school.

One of my two Man Utd supporting mates was also desperarte for us to beat Chelsea. He really doesn't want Man City to win the treble/quadruple. He also doesn't see a rivalry between Man Utd and Liverpool.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25563 on: April 15, 2019, 11:13:34 AM »
Yeah, I'd never give up on the prospect of CL qualification to stop anyone winning the league. There might be a silver lining in losing (i.e. it stops a rival winning the league) but I'd never want my team to lose. I can't bring myself to do it. I think truly, that's one of the biggest things that makes us different from a lot of fans.

And other fans are so weird. I was watching the Palace v City game yesterday and what I found so odd was that City was 2-0 up, coasting and all I could hear was them singing their rip off version of Allez, Allez and the Gerrard song. And yesterday during our game, all we sang about was ourselves, our team and our players. I dunno, I can't think of a time I've seen us or heard us be that obsessed with another team.

It is something that makes me immensely proud to be a Liverpool fan.
Remember 1995, last game of the season when King Kenny and Blackburn came to Anfield needing to win to win the League as Man Utd were guaranteed to win away at mid-table West Ham?  I'm sure we wouldn't have been that disappointed if we had lost that game but to actively want your team to lose to prevent a rival from achieving something when that team is the team you share a city with is a tad bizarre!

They fear if we get one it would open the floodgates and we'd quickly usurp their 20 titles and they have come to realise that Solskjaer is not the Messiah he's just a pretty shite manager!
Im in the nude in the garden rubbing marmite on myself,and i fucking hate marmite.
http://www.twitter.com/shelts_lfc

Online Wabaloolah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25564 on: April 15, 2019, 11:16:23 AM »
I'm hoping for a City win on Wednesday as that means all Spurs will have to concentrate on is getting in the top four of the League, don't want them getting distracted and resting players in order to concentrate on the CL as a means of qualification
Im in the nude in the garden rubbing marmite on myself,and i fucking hate marmite.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #25565 on: April 15, 2019, 11:18:57 AM »
I don't really browse United forums so I don't know how representative that sentiment is. My Manc mate was desperate for us to beat Chelsea and thereby aid their chance of a top-4 finish, and actually prefers us to win the league against the petro-dollars. But he is 65 and old-school.

manc mate i know in his 60s feels the same - he said theres no good outcome to the league this year, he just wants them to get CL football for next year. he can't bring himself to want us to win the league but he does like klopp and how we've assembled this squad - hates the way city have gone about it.

Offline mc_red22

• Believer
« Reply #25566 on: April 15, 2019, 11:24:15 AM »
Apparently it's taken him 4 months to figure out that his players aren't fit enough :lmao. I could have told him that when he came in. I think it's funny how he seems to have forgotten that against us they even had subs being subbed off and eventually ran out of subs meaning Rashford had to stay on.

He's not the most observant of people is he?

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #25567 on: April 15, 2019, 11:33:57 AM »
Apparently it's taken him 4 months to figure out that his players aren't fit enough

Been a few years now since they had to run dem laps.
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland for Liverpool Football Club Worrying times.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Believer
« Reply #25568 on: April 15, 2019, 12:25:00 PM »
Solkjaer is small time by pandering to Fergie and constantly talking about the past, clinging to past glory. Focus on the now and the future Ole or otherwise, you have no future
"We decide when the game is over"

Online Felch Aid

• Believer
« Reply #25569 on: April 15, 2019, 12:43:37 PM »
Utd need something positive from city and chelsea games. They can't put all their eggs in one basket and try and get something from stamford bridge.

Home advantage might just do it but the team look like mid table mediocrity and their defence is hopeless.

We beat utd to give Leeds the title many years ago so anything is possible.

Offline The North Bank

• Believer
« Reply #25570 on: April 15, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »
Utd need something positive from city and chelsea games. They can't put all their eggs in one basket and try and get something from stamford bridge.

Home advantage might just do it but the team look like mid table mediocrity and their defence is hopeless.

We beat utd to give Leeds the title many years ago so anything is possible.

Both games are at home

Offline Max_powers

• Believer
« Reply #25571 on: April 15, 2019, 12:59:14 PM »
If they just surrender and miss out on CL, it can have much bigger consequences for them. Their best player wants to leave them because he wants to win trophies(or get paid Sanchez money). If they don't have CL, they will definitely risk losing De Gea and few others. They will also have harder time recruiting players too.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• If a cow could dance and be a member of a football forum, this would be it. If he had no lips he'd be ChaChaOooOoo!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice shall prevail. JFT96.
« Reply #25572 on: April 15, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »
Solkjaer is small time by pandering to Fergie and constantly talking about the past, clinging to past glory. Focus on the now and the future Ole or otherwise, you have no future

To be fair to him, his knowledge and experience comes from the Fergie era. And with Phelan on his side, I can see why he is clinging on to the past. He wants to recreate the same environment of invincibility in 2019/20 as 1999/00.

Online Wabaloolah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25573 on: April 15, 2019, 01:01:02 PM »
Fucking hell, Baldrickesque quote from Solskjaer!!!

“We have a decent plan. I hope it’s decent – it’s a plan anyway.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/apr/15/premier-league-talking-points-weekend-action

Online Felch Aid

• Believer
« Reply #25574 on: April 15, 2019, 01:07:44 PM »

Both games are at home

Forgot about the Everton game aswell.

Offline DelTrotter

• Believer
« Reply #25575 on: April 15, 2019, 01:09:32 PM »
 ;D He's a lunatic. He's 50% Hodgsonesque quotes and the other 50% is banging on about Ferguson and the "Manchester United way". I'll take a wild guess at his plan. Barely leave their own half and wait to concede, they may get forward enough after for Rashford to have a few aimless 40 yard punts.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #25576 on: April 15, 2019, 01:17:15 PM »
If they just surrender and miss out on CL, it can have much bigger consequences for them. Their best player wants to leave them because he wants to win trophies(or get paid Sanchez money). If they don't have CL, they will definitely risk losing De Gea and few others. They will also have harder time recruiting players too.

They may have a tough enough time recruiting even with CL. Sure, money will sway a lot of players, but given the choice, I doubt a lot of top players would choose to play for Solskajaer. He comes across as such a weak character devoid of personality.  Let alone the fact he has proven nothing as a coach yet. 
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25577 on: April 15, 2019, 01:26:37 PM »
They may have a tough enough time recruiting even with CL. Sure, money will sway a lot of players, but given the choice, I doubt a lot of top players would choose to play for Solskajaer. He comes across as such a weak character devoid of personality.  Let alone the fact he has proven nothing as a coach yet. 

Proven that he doesn't know where to park...

Unless it's the bus...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #25578 on: April 15, 2019, 01:32:37 PM »
One of my two Man Utd supporting mates was also desperarte for us to beat Chelsea. He really doesn't want Man City to win the treble/quadruple. He also doesn't see a rivalry between Man Utd and Liverpool.

One of my best Manc mates, just texted me saying that they'll take Europa League just as long as we don't win the title.

But then one of the lads I play footie with, is a life long Manc as well and he wants us to beat City to the title.

Online Felch Aid

• Believer
« Reply #25579 on: April 15, 2019, 01:38:34 PM »
They need CL footie rather than Thursday Europa. That hinges on transfers and any possibility of top 4.

Still in it and near Spurs.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Believer
« Reply #25580 on: April 15, 2019, 02:06:54 PM »
My Manc mate says they'd rather see us win the league than see City win the quadruple, as do most of their fans by now, apparently.

Problem is, they've gone shite right at the wrong moment. So even if they try and win this one now, I just can't see it happening.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• Believer
« Reply #25581 on: April 15, 2019, 03:02:40 PM »
Three of my best workmates support Everton, Arsenal and Yernited, naturally the Bitter Blue and Yinited supporters want Abu Dhabi PR to win out of spite, but the Arsenal fan wants us to win, simply because we're a proper club.
Vote Labour

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25582 on: April 15, 2019, 03:09:27 PM »
I expect this lot to bend over for City and say "How long and how deep sir?"

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25583 on: April 15, 2019, 03:59:26 PM »
I expect this lot to bend over for City and say "How long and how deep sir?"

Sounds like Ole and Fergus...

Offline MNAA

• Believer
« Reply #25584 on: April 15, 2019, 04:33:26 PM »
He wants to recreate the same environment of invincibility in 2019/20 as 1999/00.
Which shall be his undoing ...

Offline MNAA

• Believer
« Reply #25585 on: April 15, 2019, 04:40:53 PM »
If we have to choose between CL or helping Utd win the league, I am certain what would be our priority. Not sure about Utd though ... the auld fans would go for CL but the more bitter youger set of fans would rather see their team slog in Europa as long Liverpool is denied the League

Small time fairweather fans ...

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25586 on: April 15, 2019, 04:47:24 PM »
Not denying what you’re saying mate, but are there actually Yernited fans out there who would prefer a City title to them finishing top 4?

They are effectively wanting that to happen by hoping to lose to City, they are not in a strong enough position for top 4 if they keep dropping points.

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #25587 on: April 15, 2019, 05:11:56 PM »
Yeah, I'd never give up on the prospect of CL qualification to stop anyone winning the league. There might be a silver lining in losing (i.e. it stops a rival winning the league) but I'd never want my team to lose. I can't bring myself to do it. I think truly, that's one of the biggest things that makes us different from a lot of fans.

And other fans are so weird. I was watching the Palace v City game yesterday and what I found so odd was that City was 2-0 up, coasting and all I could hear was them singing their rip off version of Allez, Allez and the Gerrard song. And yesterday during our game, all we sang about was ourselves, our team and our players. I dunno, I can't think of a time I've seen us or heard us be that obsessed with another team.

It is something that makes me immensely proud to be a Liverpool fan.

Agree with your sentiments primarily, although we do like a good rousing version of "Fuck off Chelsea FC" whenever we play them. At least we're singing about the team we're actually playing at the time though.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25588 on: April 15, 2019, 05:27:06 PM »
They are effectively wanting that to happen by hoping to lose to City, they are not in a strong enough position for top 4 if they keep dropping points.

They probably NEED to win all their remaining games to get top 4. Because they have to play Chelsea, if Chelsea win all 4 remaining games, Utd cannot top them. Same if Arsenal can manage to win their remaining 6 games, they cannot top them.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25589 on: April 15, 2019, 05:31:50 PM »
Fucking hell, Baldrickesque quote from Solskjaer!!!

“We have a decent plan. I hope it’s decent – it’s a plan anyway.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/apr/15/premier-league-talking-points-weekend-action
Who the fuck is Baldrick?
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #25590 on: April 15, 2019, 05:37:39 PM »
They probably NEED to win all their remaining games to get top 4. Because they have to play Chelsea, if Chelsea win all 4 remaining games, Utd cannot top them. Same if Arsenal can manage to win their remaining 6 games, they cannot top them.

If United don’t get anything from the City game then don’t think they have any option but to beat Chelsea or they’ll probably be out of the running for 4th. That’s far from a guarantee.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25591 on: April 15, 2019, 05:48:39 PM »
If United don’t get anything from the City game then don’t think they have any option but to beat Chelsea or they’ll probably be out of the running for 4th. That’s far from a guarantee.

Arsenals maximum is 81, Chelsea have a maximum of 78 pts and the Mancs is 79.All 3 of them have no choice but to look at winning every game.

Offline CHOPPZBOT

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock.
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #25592 on: April 15, 2019, 05:53:49 PM »
They won't have a say in who or where they want the league to go, simply put, they're shit and city will trounce them, not a problem. Our only 'hope' is Leicester or Spurs, which, says more abar man united than it does about controlling our own destiny.

They're shit, and they will stay shit for some time.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • Nullius in verba, omnia probate, sapere aude
« Reply #25593 on: April 15, 2019, 05:59:38 PM »
Thing is Solskjaer doesn't want to finish Top 4 as he feels those positions belong to Ferguson
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #25594 on: April 15, 2019, 06:05:18 PM »
Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker has equalled David de Gea's single season Premier League clean sheet record of 18, and still has four games left in the season to top it.

The Brazilian goalkeeper equalled the record - also held by former Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart - after preventing Chelsea from scoring during Liverpool's 2-0 win over the Blues on Sunday at Anfield.

The clean sheet was not easy to come by though, with Alisson forced to save from close range a number of times as momentum switched after the home side had grabbed their second.

The record holder for the most clean sheets in a single Premier League season is Petr Cech's record of 24 in 38 games, while former Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina has the second best record, with 20.

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/alisson-clean-sheets-de-gea-227767
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RedSamba

• Kopite
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #25595 on: April 15, 2019, 06:13:37 PM »
Thing is Solskjaer doesn't want to finish Top 4 as he feels those positions belong to Ferguson

:lmao
Let's talk about six, baby

Offline Teacher

• Main Stander
« Reply #25596 on: April 15, 2019, 06:20:01 PM »
They won't have a say in who or where they want the league to go, simply put, they're shit and city will trounce them, not a problem. Our only 'hope' is Leicester or Spurs, which, says more abar man united than it does about controlling our own destiny.

They're shit, and they will stay shit for some time.

Pretty much agree with this. I actually think that Burnley will give City a tougher game.

Online Wabaloolah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25597 on: April 15, 2019, 06:20:37 PM »

Offline afc turkish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25598 on: April 15, 2019, 06:26:18 PM »

Someone's changed Ole's name to Baldrick...

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #25599 on: April 15, 2019, 06:33:34 PM »

Surely not ...
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall

Mitch Hedberg