Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 2588236 times)

Offline Gaz123456

• Believer
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Mortgage Advisers
Re: Solskjaer is STILL the manager of Manchester United!!
« Reply #25480 on: April 15, 2019, 08:02:18 AM »
There wasn't a second during the Liverpool vs Blackburn match in 1995 that I wanted Blackburn to win (or draw even). The fact that we won the match and King Kenny's team still took the title over the Mancs was the icing on the cake.

Supporters support.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25481 on: April 15, 2019, 08:15:32 AM »
Indeed, it is one thing to prefer a rival not to win if it doesn't harm your side, but to actively want your team to lose to aid a rival and in the process harm your own chances of CL football next season is just insane.
Not denying what you’re saying mate, but are there actually Yernited fans out there who would prefer a City title to them finishing top 4?

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #25482 on: April 15, 2019, 08:21:50 AM »
It's quite lovely if you think about it.
So many of their fans want them to throw the game and hand Man City 3 points, but by doing that they would probably throw top 4 and Champions League football in the bin.

Their players however won't have the same idea, they'll want to win that game.

Let's just hope they nick points off them, finish top 4 and then lose out on the Champions League due to Arsenal coming 5th and winning the Europa League, they'd be absolutely livid.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #25483 on: April 15, 2019, 08:24:36 AM »
It's quite lovely if you think about it.

Let's just hope they nick points off them, finish top 4 and then lose out on the Champions League due to Arsenal coming 5th and winning the Europa League, they'd be absolutely livid.

For that to work, Spurs would have to finish 6th and win the Champions League
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #25484 on: April 15, 2019, 08:26:58 AM »
It's good that it doesn't matter what the fans want. I seriously doubt that the players willingly lose against City. Nor anyone at the club. They need the Champions League to not be completely left in the dust.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Believer
« Reply #25485 on: April 15, 2019, 08:28:10 AM »
It's good that it doesn't matter what the fans want. I seriously doubt that the players willingly lose against City. Nor anyone at the club. They need the Champions League to not be completely left in the dust.
Precisely

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #25486 on: April 15, 2019, 08:29:06 AM »

Yeah but they'll go full Everton if they lose and pretend like the players lost the game on purpose rather than because they were shit
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25487 on: April 15, 2019, 08:29:30 AM »
I've already said it on here, the many Mancs I know want City to win the League, due to the numbers, but DO NOT want them to do the quad, so if it is us V City in the Final, they want us to win. One Manc I know wants us to win the league now, just so that the quad is dead before and possible appearance in the CL.

If they get past Spurs and Ajax get past Juve, the reality will hit and they might just cotton on before their game just what is possibly coming.

Me, if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't give two fucks, they are going through what we went through in the 90's, their club in is dire starits and there is no way I'd want to miss out on CL by losing to the other mob, even if it was the bitters, as the way they are going, they may never win a title again.

Offline n00bert

• Believer
  • Born a Red, die a Red.
« Reply #25488 on: April 15, 2019, 08:45:26 AM »
Yeah, I'd never give up on the prospect of CL qualification to stop anyone winning the league. There might be a silver lining in losing (i.e. it stops a rival winning the league) but I'd never want my team to lose. I can't bring myself to do it. I think truly, that's one of the biggest things that makes us different from a lot of fans.

And other fans are so weird. I was watching the Palace v City game yesterday and what I found so odd was that City was 2-0 up, coasting and all I could hear was them singing their rip off version of Allez, Allez and the Gerrard song. And yesterday during our game, all we sang about was ourselves, our team and our players. I dunno, I can't think of a time I've seen us or heard us be that obsessed with another team.

It is something that makes me immensely proud to be a Liverpool fan.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Believer
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #25489 on: April 15, 2019, 10:19:48 AM »
If Arse win tonight, Man U go back to 6th again? ???

Offline Andy ⁎ Allerton

• Yarp. Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25490 on: April 15, 2019, 10:26:29 AM »
I like the way their fans are saying they'd like to throw the game.

Like they are going to have any choice in the matter.

Manchester United 0 - Manchester City 9 is the score I'm going for. Though City will likely score far more than that.

It'll be Europa league for the fuckwits next season.
Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC superfan since 8th May 2020

Offline Andy ⁎ Allerton

• Yarp. Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25491 on: April 15, 2019, 10:42:04 AM »
Ha ha..

Red Cafe..

Bergman
Banned

Supports:
    Liverpool

if liverpool win the league it would be glorious. SAF watching all his work get undone, whilst he sits helplessly in the stands.

That would be absolute bliss.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

KM
I’m afraid I just blue myself
Staff

Bergman said: ↑

if liverpool win the league it would be glorious. SAF watching all his work get undone, whilst he sits helplessly in the stands.

That would be absolute bliss.

Pity you won't be here to discuss it.

=======================================================================================

Bitter inbred cockney c*nts :)
Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC superfan since 8th May 2020

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25492 on: April 15, 2019, 10:47:42 AM »

Like they are going to have any choice in the matter.

Manchester United 0 - Manchester City 9 is the score I'm going for. Though City will likely score far more than that.

It'll be Europa league for the fuckwits next season.
Do the thick fucks not realise if they miss out on the champions league they’re fucked? The lure of Ole and playing on Thursdays in Armenia will tempt many a star name. The twat that won’t park in the managers parking spot cos it don’t feel right as it belongs to Fergie needs the champions league.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• A cow, a moose and a dog walk into a bar. Mazdamaniac? Mazdad? Mazduh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice shall prevail. JFT96.
« Reply #25493 on: April 15, 2019, 10:57:23 AM »

WOW.

A weird conundrum actually.

I bet any fan is now going....

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #25494 on: April 15, 2019, 11:05:16 AM »
I don't really browse United forums so I don't know how representative that sentiment is. My Manc mate was desperate for us to beat Chelsea and thereby aid their chance of a top-4 finish, and actually prefers us to win the league against the petro-dollars. But he is 65 and old-school.

Offline The North Bank

• Believer
« Reply #25495 on: April 15, 2019, 11:05:17 AM »
If City drop points against Spurs, then United will get thumped by City, miss out on top 4, and see Liverpool win the league.

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #25496 on: April 15, 2019, 11:12:33 AM »
If City drop points against Spurs, then United will get thumped by City, miss out on top 4, and see Liverpool win the league.

If Carlsberg did league finishes...

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Believer
« Reply #25497 on: April 15, 2019, 11:13:22 AM »
I don't really browse United forums so I don't know how representative that sentiment is. My Manc mate was desperate for us to beat Chelsea and thereby aid their chance of a top-4 finish, and actually prefers us to win the league against the petro-dollars. But he is 65 and old-school.

One of my two Man Utd supporting mates was also desperarte for us to beat Chelsea. He really doesn't want Man City to win the treble/quadruple. He also doesn't see a rivalry between Man Utd and Liverpool.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25498 on: April 15, 2019, 11:13:34 AM »
Yeah, I'd never give up on the prospect of CL qualification to stop anyone winning the league. There might be a silver lining in losing (i.e. it stops a rival winning the league) but I'd never want my team to lose. I can't bring myself to do it. I think truly, that's one of the biggest things that makes us different from a lot of fans.

And other fans are so weird. I was watching the Palace v City game yesterday and what I found so odd was that City was 2-0 up, coasting and all I could hear was them singing their rip off version of Allez, Allez and the Gerrard song. And yesterday during our game, all we sang about was ourselves, our team and our players. I dunno, I can't think of a time I've seen us or heard us be that obsessed with another team.

It is something that makes me immensely proud to be a Liverpool fan.
Remember 1995, last game of the season when King Kenny and Blackburn came to Anfield needing to win to win the League as Man Utd were guaranteed to win away at mid-table West Ham?  I'm sure we wouldn't have been that disappointed if we had lost that game but to actively want your team to lose to prevent a rival from achieving something when that team is the team you share a city with is a tad bizarre!

They fear if we get one it would open the floodgates and we'd quickly usurp their 20 titles and they have come to realise that Solskjaer is not the Messiah he's just a pretty shite manager!
Im in the nude in the garden rubbing marmite on myself,and i fucking hate marmite.
http://www.twitter.com/shelts_lfc

Offline Wabaloolah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25499 on: April 15, 2019, 11:16:23 AM »
I'm hoping for a City win on Wednesday as that means all Spurs will have to concentrate on is getting in the top four of the League, don't want them getting distracted and resting players in order to concentrate on the CL as a means of qualification
Im in the nude in the garden rubbing marmite on myself,and i fucking hate marmite.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #25500 on: April 15, 2019, 11:18:57 AM »

manc mate i know in his 60s feels the same - he said theres no good outcome to the league this year, he just wants them to get CL football for next year. he can't bring himself to want us to win the league but he does like klopp and how we've assembled this squad - hates the way city have gone about it.

Offline mc_red22

• Believer
« Reply #25501 on: April 15, 2019, 11:24:15 AM »
Apparently it's taken him 4 months to figure out that his players aren't fit enough :lmao. I could have told him that when he came in. I think it's funny how he seems to have forgotten that against us they even had subs being subbed off and eventually ran out of subs meaning Rashford had to stay on.

He's not the most observant of people is he?

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #25502 on: April 15, 2019, 11:33:57 AM »
Apparently it's taken him 4 months to figure out that his players aren't fit enough

Been a few years now since they had to run dem laps.
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Believer
« Reply #25503 on: April 15, 2019, 12:25:00 PM »
Solkjaer is small time by pandering to Fergie and constantly talking about the past, clinging to past glory. Focus on the now and the future Ole or otherwise, you have no future
"We decide when the game is over"

Offline Felch Aid

• Believer
« Reply #25504 on: April 15, 2019, 12:43:37 PM »
Utd need something positive from city and chelsea games. They can't put all their eggs in one basket and try and get something from stamford bridge.

Home advantage might just do it but the team look like mid table mediocrity and their defence is hopeless.

We beat utd to give Leeds the title many years ago so anything is possible.

Offline The North Bank

• Believer
« Reply #25505 on: April 15, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »
Utd need something positive from city and chelsea games. They can't put all their eggs in one basket and try and get something from stamford bridge.

Home advantage might just do it but the team look like mid table mediocrity and their defence is hopeless.

We beat utd to give Leeds the title many years ago so anything is possible.

Both games are at home

Online Max_powers

• Believer
« Reply #25506 on: April 15, 2019, 12:59:14 PM »
If they just surrender and miss out on CL, it can have much bigger consequences for them. Their best player wants to leave them because he wants to win trophies(or get paid Sanchez money). If they don't have CL, they will definitely risk losing De Gea and few others. They will also have harder time recruiting players too.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• A cow, a moose and a dog walk into a bar. Mazdamaniac? Mazdad? Mazduh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice shall prevail. JFT96.
« Reply #25507 on: April 15, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »
Solkjaer is small time by pandering to Fergie and constantly talking about the past, clinging to past glory. Focus on the now and the future Ole or otherwise, you have no future

To be fair to him, his knowledge and experience comes from the Fergie era. And with Phelan on his side, I can see why he is clinging on to the past. He wants to recreate the same environment of invincibility in 2019/20 as 1999/00.

Offline Wabaloolah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25508 on: April 15, 2019, 01:01:02 PM »
Fucking hell, Baldrickesque quote from Solskjaer!!!

“We have a decent plan. I hope it’s decent – it’s a plan anyway.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/apr/15/premier-league-talking-points-weekend-action

Offline Felch Aid

• Believer
« Reply #25509 on: April 15, 2019, 01:07:44 PM »

Both games are at home

Forgot about the Everton game aswell.

Offline DelTrotter

• Believer
« Reply #25510 on: April 15, 2019, 01:09:32 PM »
 ;D He's a lunatic. He's 50% Hodgsonesque quotes and the other 50% is banging on about Ferguson and the "Manchester United way". I'll take a wild guess at his plan. Barely leave their own half and wait to concede, they may get forward enough after for Rashford to have a few aimless 40 yard punts.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #25511 on: April 15, 2019, 01:17:15 PM »
If they just surrender and miss out on CL, it can have much bigger consequences for them. Their best player wants to leave them because he wants to win trophies(or get paid Sanchez money). If they don't have CL, they will definitely risk losing De Gea and few others. They will also have harder time recruiting players too.

They may have a tough enough time recruiting even with CL. Sure, money will sway a lot of players, but given the choice, I doubt a lot of top players would choose to play for Solskajaer. He comes across as such a weak character devoid of personality.  Let alone the fact he has proven nothing as a coach yet. 
Football always seems the most important of the least important things.

Online afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25512 on: April 15, 2019, 01:26:37 PM »
They may have a tough enough time recruiting even with CL. Sure, money will sway a lot of players, but given the choice, I doubt a lot of top players would choose to play for Solskajaer. He comes across as such a weak character devoid of personality.  Let alone the fact he has proven nothing as a coach yet. 

Proven that he doesn't know where to park...

Unless it's the bus...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer