Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3462598 times)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Feli8x the tw@t... Sponsored by Dusty Bin. Special Once Thread.
« Reply #13720 on: August 13, 2018, 10:11:07 pm »
Deciding a player is a prick for their penalty run up is ridiculous. He scored. I can't imagine you'd be saying similar if a Liverpool player scored a penalty like that (and you haven't said anything about Jorginho's casual penalty?)

Like a lot of United players, Pogba is a player being mismanaged in a style unsuited to him. I'm not sure if you noticed but he was a pretty key part of the team that just won the World Cup. Has he lived up to his Juve form at United? No. It doesn't mean he's average though. This is Ev level bitterness.

He's not average, but he IS over-rated. He's nowhere near the best box to box midfielders of the previous generation.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13721 on: August 13, 2018, 10:13:23 pm »
Given that it’s the new Tottenham stadium ....

Should we call it new toilet?

Old Trafford is the Manx home, so it seems a fitting londonncounterpart

:wellin

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13722 on: August 13, 2018, 10:19:47 pm »
Dunno what Barca are even interested in Poggers.  He's a good player certainly but he was never worth his price tag, even at the time.  Especially when you think about what we paid for the likes of Mo and Mané.

In the current market given what he's achieved at United he's worth £80m max.  Is his contribution and potential really worth that much to Barca?

Seems they have bought into the hype, and Pogba's agent.

Barcelona sign scrubs all the time. They just signed Vidal, for instance, who hasn't done anything in about three years.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #13723 on: August 13, 2018, 10:48:56 pm »

We spied out of the window for over an hour an  no one came out  of his house , perhaps he had the game on already:) or was out of town. I am sure he would have enjoyed our performance if he'd seen it.

Boss game, mate and they're not even sharp yet
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13724 on: August 13, 2018, 10:51:06 pm »
Remember Barca have a couple of gaping holes to fill in their squad after Everton rocked up and bullied them for their best players. Again.

Very good.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13725 on: August 13, 2018, 10:53:09 pm »
He's not average, but he IS over-rated. He's nowhere near the best box to box midfielders of the previous generation.

He's miles behind Naby, P. Fucking millions of them.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13726 on: August 13, 2018, 10:56:00 pm »
Given that it’s the new Tottenham stadium ....

Should we call it new toilet?

Old Trafford is the Manx home, so it seems a fitting londonncounterpart

Call it closed. Vacant. Shut.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13727 on: August 13, 2018, 10:56:34 pm »
A busted flush?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13729 on: August 13, 2018, 11:00:30 pm »
WE dodged a bullet. Klopp would've put together a phenomenal Utd side.

I've had that nightmare a few times. It's why they hate him, they know what they missed, what we got and where we are heading.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #13730 on: August 13, 2018, 11:11:30 pm »
I've had that nightmare a few times. It's why they hate him, they know what they missed, what we got and where we are heading.

I still believe Klopp also dodged that bullet , they would have been on his back from day one with their expectations and it could have been difficult behind the scenes for him. But definitely yes, if he had been given 18 months there it would have been our worst nightmare . ( cold shiver at the thought of him there ).

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #13731 on: August 13, 2018, 11:27:11 pm »
Klopp was my choice after SAF but we managed to botch that then botch the signing of every subsequent manager such that we were only looking when there was no one good around.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13732 on: August 13, 2018, 11:31:25 pm »
Klopp was my choice after SAF but we managed to botch that then botch the signing of every subsequent manager such that we were only looking when there was no one good around.

He wanted no part of you lot.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13733 on: August 14, 2018, 12:54:19 am »
Deciding a player is a prick for their penalty run up is ridiculous.

Penalty run up or not. Hes a prick!

The prima dona prancing bellend.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13734 on: August 14, 2018, 03:00:51 am »

Going from Ferguson to Moyes must have been a massive shock.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13735 on: August 14, 2018, 06:59:50 am »

Didn't you offer him the job, selling it as Disneyland?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #13736 on: August 14, 2018, 08:40:06 am »
Klopp would never have gone to Utd. He'd hate working in that environment and he could see it a mile off. They're deluding themselves.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13737 on: August 14, 2018, 08:50:42 am »
The way their fans overrate Pogba is hilarious. The guys an okay midfielder, nothing more.

Hope he stays. But still want him to kick up a fuss.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:54:58 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13738 on: August 14, 2018, 08:57:57 am »

I still believe Klopp also dodged that bullet , they would have been on his back from day one with their expectations and it could have been difficult behind the scenes for him. But definitely yes, if he had been given 18 months there it would have been our worst nightmare . ( cold shiver at the thought of him there ).

You wonder how the relationship with Woodward over transfers would have gone. Can’t imagine Woodward being too happy about trying to bring in, amongst others, a “Chelsea reject” in Salah, while I can’t see Klopp being particularly interested in the kind of vanity signings Woodward generally goes for. 

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13739 on: August 14, 2018, 08:58:18 am »
Penalty run up or not. Hes a prick!

The prima dona prancing bellend.

The Digital Audio Broadcasting prick!

I agree.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13740 on: August 14, 2018, 11:35:13 am »

Klopp would never get the sense (little) that he gets here. The pressure would be almost the same (more or less), but the way their board works and the way our board works, the mentality of the fanbase and culture of the cities are all different. I doubt Klopp would've got on there as well as he does here. You can see how Liverpool is similar to the environment at Dortmund that he had. Manchester United? Not so much.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #13741 on: August 14, 2018, 02:33:22 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13742 on: August 14, 2018, 08:07:05 pm »
Oh the silly mutants celebrating Ramos and his comments about Klopp, and Salah being a disgrace hahaha you useless boring tarts

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13743 on: August 14, 2018, 09:24:07 pm »
They have had 3 good managers in their entire history.
I know nothing about Ernest Mangalls, but he went to Man City.
Matt Busby was a real football legend by anybody's standards.
And the other one was a corrupt tramp.

So I think we are safe with Woodward continuing the general tradition for some time yet.
In 24 years they will appoint Jack Grealish, and then we could be in trouble.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13744 on: August 14, 2018, 09:29:29 pm »
They have had 3 good managers in their entire history.
I know nothing about Ernest Mangalls, but he went to Man City.
Matt Busby was a real football legend by anybody's standards.
And the other one was a corrupt tramp.

So I think we are safe with Woodward continuing the general tradition for some time yet.

Absolutely.  He excelled as captain of LFC.  Did a pretty good job at Manchester City too by all accounts.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #13745 on: August 14, 2018, 10:56:19 pm »
I have no idea what this means but I like the cut of its jib.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13746 on: August 14, 2018, 11:03:36 pm »
The simple fact is De Gea has been a top keeper for the laar several years now, however his performances alone dont keep them in the top four, otherwise they would have been in the top four every year in the last five years.

I am not moving the bloody goal posts, Ive said the same thing 4 times now. De Gea alone is not the reason they are a top 4 side. One season doesnt prove that, a number of years when they finished outside the top 4 despite De Gea playing at.a top level. He didnt just become good last year, hes been good for a number of years.

My opinion is consistent in all of my posts, De Gea is a factor but NOT THE FACTOR imo. One season doesnt change that when there are a number of years when he played well and they finished outside the top 4.

You disagree, great either way I hope they get relegated let alone finish outside the top 4

This argument seems bizarre. He is worth probably 15 pts a season to United. If they finished 6th with him in the team, playing as well as he does then clearly they would have finished tenth without him. Whatever position they finish you can remove 15 pts to see how bad they are everywhere else on the pitch. Jones and Smalling are mid table players. De Gea and Mourinho have between them been the major factors in hitting 84 pts, or however many it was.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13747 on: August 15, 2018, 06:47:34 am »
What if they sack Mourinho and bring in someone who wants to play a more expansive brand of football: is there any guarantee De Gea (as we have seen with Spain) will be quite so effective?

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13748 on: August 15, 2018, 07:22:05 am »
What if they sack Mourinho and bring in someone who wants to play a more expansive brand of football: is there any guarantee De Gea (as we have seen with Spain) will be quite so effective?

No. Somehow De Gea is a blessing, because they can't adress their weaknesses when he's there. They need to start their second GK in order to see the bigger picture i.e. how shite some players are. De Gea will keep him in the top6, but won't win them any major trophy, but will continue to be a hero.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13749 on: August 15, 2018, 08:28:53 am »
One thing about De Gea is i personally think it shows a huge lack of ambition staying at United.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13750 on: August 15, 2018, 08:34:47 am »
One thing about De Gea is i personally think it shows a huge lack of ambition staying at United.

Are there many clubs trying to sign him?

Apart from Real, who don't seem willing to pay what it'd cost to get him, I've never seen him linked to any other clubs. And now with Courtois there, he's really got nowhere else to go where he wouldn't be grossly unprotected compared to how he is at United.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #13751 on: August 15, 2018, 09:17:30 am »
Can someone photoshop Jose’s face on this

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #13752 on: August 15, 2018, 09:19:55 am »
And then Fellaini‘a face on here

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #13753 on: August 15, 2018, 10:28:55 am »
Are there many clubs trying to sign him?

Apart from Real, who don't seem willing to pay what it'd cost to get him, I've never seen him linked to any other clubs. And now with Courtois there, he's really got nowhere else to go where he wouldn't be grossly unprotected compared to how he is at United.

Real was the only option I saw him having. Nowhere else would need or afford him. Juventus maybe next year might be looking for a goalkeeper, that's about it.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #13754 on: August 15, 2018, 10:47:46 am »
Heard a United supporting work colleague bleating on about Zidane this morning

Apparently they have him lined up to take over from Jose next year

All their troubles will be over and everything back to normal once Zizou arrives

According to said manc that is
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #13755 on: August 15, 2018, 10:56:12 am »

He panics when he has to come off his line. Even that goal at the weekend, he is further forward than he likes to be, and he actually just froze.

After the World Cup, I wondered if Premier League clubs might find ways to exploit that. Could be a rough season for him if so.

Real was the only option I saw him having. Nowhere else would need or afford him. Juventus maybe next year might be looking for a goalkeeper, that's about it.

Can't see many teams that would really play to his strengths who would be in the market for a line keeper and could afford him. Maybe Atletico if Oblak moves on (although he has similar issues himself.)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13756 on: August 15, 2018, 11:01:11 am »
He panics when he has to come off his line. Even that goal at the weekend, he is further forward than he likes to be, and he actually just froze.

After the World Cup, I wondered if Premier League clubs might find ways to exploit that. Could be a rough season for him if so.

bit hard to exploit when united are sat further back than bobby charlton's hairline

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #13757 on: August 15, 2018, 11:01:32 am »
Heard a United supporting work colleague bleating on about Zidane this morning

Apparently they have him lined up to take over from Jose next year

All their troubles will be over and everything back to normal once Zizou arrives

According to said manc that is

Are they insane? Mourinho needs a fourth season in charge to stamp his vision on the club and to ensure sorely-need continuity. It would be a terrible mistake to replace someone of his status and experience with someone with so little understanding of Premier League football.
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13758 on: August 15, 2018, 11:02:20 am »
bit hard to exploit when united are sat further back than bobby charlton's hairline

De Gea is the furthest forward

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13759 on: August 15, 2018, 11:13:57 am »
Are they insane? Mourinho needs a fourth season in charge to stamp his vision on the club and to ensure sorely-need continuity. It would be a terrible mistake to replace someone of his status and experience with someone with so little understanding of Premier League football.

It could take ten years for Mourinho to rebuild United fully. He just needs time. Twenty, maybe.