Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 2636570 times)

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty.....pretty pretty good
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32360 on: August 11, 2019, 06:49:06 PM »
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32361 on: August 11, 2019, 06:54:01 PM »
It was all there today,

Mentaliteh
Physicaliteh
Technical abiliteh
Pashun
Squad harmoneh

I read this in the voice of Vera Duckworth....works a treat!!
YNWA

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #32362 on: August 11, 2019, 06:56:44 PM »
Ball should have been kicked out of play for their 4th and still haven't seen a decent replay for their 3rd. Is he deffo on?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:58:32 PM by vivabobbycurmudgeongraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Andy ⁎ Allerton

• Yarp. Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32363 on: August 11, 2019, 06:57:03 PM »
I read this in the voice of Vera Duckworth....works a treat!!

Orville makes it perfect
Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC superfan since 8th May 2020

Online fucking appalled

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32364 on: August 11, 2019, 06:57:30 PM »
Ball should have been kicked out of play for their 4th and still haven't seen a decent replay for their 3rd. Are we sure he was on?

Yeah miles on to be fair
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #32365 on: August 11, 2019, 07:00:22 PM »
Yeah miles on to be fair

Fair enough. Gotta fancy our chances of getting at least the same on Wednesday with their defence
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Believer
  • ...All the best
« Reply #32366 on: August 11, 2019, 07:03:22 PM »
I was worried that they were gonna continue with their awful spell towards the end of the last season and then go on to fire Ole but now it really looks encouraging that he may just be good enough to be around that 4th spot and avoid getting fired for almost entire season which would be a perfect scenario.

Offline You think you'd learn by now

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • deFacto
« Reply #32367 on: August 11, 2019, 07:05:13 PM »
I was worried that they were gonna continue with their awful spell towards the end of the last season and then go on to fire Ole but now it really looks encouraging that he may just be good enough to be around that 4th spot and avoid getting fired for almost entire season which would be a perfect scenario.

It wouldn't be surprising if Wolves beat them next week despite their win today.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32368 on: August 11, 2019, 07:05:37 PM »
The swaggah is back!!

Online Tepid T₂O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32369 on: August 11, 2019, 07:09:37 PM »
God I love this.

It’s been just over 18 months since they were last back and now they’re back again.

How do they do it? 

May as well give them the league now to be honest.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

With courage, nothing is impossible.

Offline dundeejoe

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Online fucking appalled

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32371 on: August 11, 2019, 07:11:40 PM »
God I love this.

It’s been just over 18 months since they were last back and now they’re back again.

How do they do it? 

May as well give them the league now to be honest.

18 months?  ;D

Try about 5.

Online Tepid T₂O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Believer
« Reply #32372 on: August 11, 2019, 07:18:02 PM »
Chelsea had most possession
Most shots
Most shots on targets
Most corners....

Manchester United weren’t very good at football, but caught them on the sucker punch..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline tonysleft

• Believer
  • A manc
« Reply #32373 on: August 11, 2019, 07:52:22 PM »
Good win. We will lose to Wolves if we perform like that again. Lots of luck. Midfield nonexistent and Pereira a nothing player. We already knew this but didn't buy to compensate.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline dimitri

• Kopite
« Reply #32374 on: August 11, 2019, 07:56:08 PM »
Has Cantona climbed out of his whole & posted on here yet??  :D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32375 on: August 11, 2019, 07:57:08 PM »
Good win. We will lose to Wolves if we perform like that again. Lots of luck. Midfield nonexistent and Pereira a nothing player. We already knew this but didn't buy to compensate.

He is garbage. Good enough cross to Martial for the goal (with terrible marking) - but he's terrible. You should keep playing him.

Online Tepid T₂O

• Believer
« Reply #32376 on: August 11, 2019, 07:58:23 PM »
You’re good on the break though...but utterly crap elsewhere...

I’ve always thought your defensive problems were more to do with your midfield than anything else

Two of them are no where near good enough, and the other one?  The other one just looks on a different level at times and then at other times looks like it’s all beneath him...

Beanz

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #32377 on: August 11, 2019, 09:09:31 PM »
Notwithstanding the scoreline, quite a few really good signs

AWB the anti-Trent in attack. When we play if those two ever touch the universe will end.

Pogba, moody and listless as ever, only springs into action at 4-0 for the opportunity to pad his stats, starts calling for the ball and waving his arms about angrily.

General midfield: championship level.

Captain Beefheart: Seems somehow even slower in red, and 100% with terrible header placement. Clearly worth just more than VVD Yoshida, just about.

Luke ate all the pies: huffing after 10 mins. Not seen after 20.

The crowd: From exuberant to groaning in 15 mins, then ecstatic certain title winners on a quick double against the run of play. This lot will be ripping everyone new ones before Sept is out.

Shaping up to be another excellent season
Damn that Mane's good!

"Bend it like Atkinson": Now on screens worldwide.

Online Tepid T₂O

• Believer
« Reply #32378 on: August 11, 2019, 09:49:04 PM »
Paul Pogba to RMC: “I always feel good when I play football. I am doing what I love, it is my job. I will give my all each time I’m on a green pitch. Now, we know, words have been spoken. The future will decide it all. We’re still at this question mark.”
Pogba still wanting to leave

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32379 on: August 11, 2019, 10:09:29 PM »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #32380 on: August 11, 2019, 10:11:30 PM »
"Maguire looks like a steal, an absolute bargin"  ;D bassaka is the best right back in the League too. They were up against two young lads that played championship football last season.  ;D thought they were poor today.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #32381 on: August 11, 2019, 10:29:05 PM »
Darling you got to let me know
Would you watch my fashion show?
If I pass to number nine
Will it get shinned over the line
So you got to let me know

It's always beanz beanz beanz
People think that I'm in my teens
Sent out on loans but now I'm back
The lynchpin of Man U's attack
Well come on, and let me know...
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Offline PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #32382 on: August 11, 2019, 10:44:53 PM »
Darling you got to let me know
If I pass to number nine
Will it get shinned over the line
So you got to let me know

It's always beanz beanz beanz
People think that I'm in my teens
Sent out on loans but now I'm back
The lynchpin of Man U's attack
Well come on, and let me know...

Are you pop in disguise?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Tepid T₂O

• Believer
« Reply #32383 on: August 11, 2019, 11:16:50 PM »
There was a really really odd comment from Solskjaer after the game....

He said ‘we're working on finding style that suits us, suits the players we have’...

Now, I’m no coach (and I know some of you are).. but isn’t it the job of the coaching team to decide on a style, buy players to suit it and spend the preseason coaching them to achieve it?

Or am I being unreasonable?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 11:18:23 PM by Tepid T₂O »

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32384 on: August 11, 2019, 11:18:33 PM »

Yeah, I actually watched the match today as I was in the pub. Both teams were poor, but you’ve got some quick forwards in Martial and Rashford, and a player like Pogba who can pick a proper pass on the break, who punished Chelsea’s poor defending. Fair bit of luck too on the run of the ball. One of those games that looks like an annihilation if you only know the score and didn’t see the game.

I’m hoping Chelsea are this shit on Wednesday and Lampard hasn’t weirdly prioritised a Super Cup over league points...
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #32385 on: August 11, 2019, 11:38:58 PM »

He said ‘we're working on finding style that suits us, suits the players we have’...

Now, I’m no coach (and I know some of you are).. but isn’t it the job of the coaching team to decide on a style, buy players to suit it and spend the preseason coaching them to achieve it?

For some situations, no. A typical allardyce, parachuted in as the January window closes, normally to a team with no budget is excellent at finding round holes for his round pegs. Maybe that's what United need....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #32386 on: August 11, 2019, 11:46:46 PM »

It works both ways - you can impose a style and buy the players to fit, or you can have some general principles of play, and adapt the rest to the players you have. Getting caught between the two stools is what catches most English/British managers out
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #32387 on: August 12, 2019, 12:03:32 AM »

Hes talking about their clothing, music and snapchat accounts.

Keep up, man!
Damn that Mane's good!

"Bend it like Atkinson": Now on screens worldwide.

Offline demain

• ne sait jamais
  • Kopite
  • 'The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy.'
« Reply #32388 on: August 12, 2019, 04:01:01 AM »
Diverting little tidbit in the Mail (yes, I know) today.

Ed Woodward has encouraged Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to start parking in the manager's spot at Manchester United's Carrington training ground.

The Norwegian was reluctant to use the space, given he saw it as 'the gaffer's (Mr. Ferguson's) spot' which he did not feel comfortable with taking.

However, executive vice chairman Woodward, perhaps wary of continued jibes that United live in the past, or perhaps of the radical opinion that the manager should park in the manager's parking space, is keen for the club to move forward and has made his feelings known.

:'(
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #32389 on: August 12, 2019, 04:09:52 AM »
Diverting little tidbit in the Mail (yes, I know) today.

:'(

That's why Edwood "Woody" Woodwouldwood gets paid the big bucks. A shrewd move.
We are Liverpool!

Offline demain

• ne sait jamais
  • Kopite
  • 'The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy.'
« Reply #32390 on: August 12, 2019, 04:15:43 AM »
That's why Edwood "Woody" Woodwouldwood gets paid the big bucks. A shrewd move.

It's a results business, and the players probably thought the club hadn't hired a manager to replace Mourinho given that the parking space was invariably empty since last December. They needed to realize that the gnome in the human suit wasn't just there for ornamental purposes and that there was more to him than chirping "We are Man United" in a high-pitched voice.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline tornado

• Anny Roader
« Reply #32391 on: August 12, 2019, 05:05:50 AM »
With all the hullabo about VAR, defenders wrapping 2 arms around and blatant holding is ok I guess as long as it's outside the box because refrees will let it go. This is what the MOM absolute bargain defender and United's shiny new toy did just before the second goal.

Expect.a.lot.of such shithousery against us and commentators going Gaga over solid old school defenders.

Offline xbugawugax

• Believer
« Reply #32392 on: August 12, 2019, 06:22:29 AM »
It works both ways - you can impose a style and buy the players to fit, or you can have some general principles of play, and adapt the rest to the players you have. Getting caught between the two stools is what catches most English/British managers out

but ole isnt british isnt he. thats what makes him special.

he's ole from molde!

got to admin the scoreline flatters them a bit. every counter attack seems to end up in the net. hope it's unsustainable.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #32393 on: August 12, 2019, 06:27:51 AM »

Or Hardly any of the players are players he brought in ?

Offline JC the Messiah

• Believer
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #32394 on: August 12, 2019, 07:23:09 AM »
but ole isnt british isnt he. thats what makes him special.

he's ole from molde!

got to admin the scoreline flatters them a bit. every counter attack seems to end up in the net. hope it's unsustainable.

Of course it is. Both teams were awful, and united won't be gifted that much space every week, and they won't come against such an ineffective attacking side every week either.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #32395 on: August 12, 2019, 07:38:28 AM »
Loving the media reaction this morning - full of words like 'destruction', 'rout', Utd's front line looking dangerous this season etc.

Any front line with pace is going to look dangerous when the opposition centrebacks are stood on the halfway line all game you numpties.

I can't even begin to imagine how many chances we'd create if Salah and Mane had a whole half a pitch to run into.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:41:10 AM by Riquende »
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #32396 on: August 12, 2019, 08:28:42 AM »
The parking space issue speaks volumes. Ferguson's probably still turning up frequently enough to make this an ongoing dilemma....otherwise, why would anybody give a fuck? An "empty space" set aside for the person who holds the role is just that.

It's not fucking 'haunted' and it's not like it's Ferguson's pipe, slippers and hobnobs somebody wants to re-purpose for themselves, or that cosy, warm side of the bed next to his missus. It's a parking space. Ferguson's got a statue full of birdshit permanently parked outside the ground, and a stand with his name on it.

Perhaps the parking space in question isn't individually 'named' and just says "Manager" in which case, get it named you twats, and let Ferguson and everybody else know [especially Solskjaer] that it's now a transient piece of estate which is automatically inherited by the person the players must currently call 'gaffer.'

I still think it's a combination of Ferguson still turning up however, and Solskjaer being well aware of this, and feeling like a twat displacing him after the many aeons he's been habitually using it.
YNWA

Offline deano2727

• Believer
« Reply #32397 on: August 12, 2019, 08:30:56 AM »
Now that they have the league wrapped up, we can just be grateful they aren't in the CL.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #32398 on: August 12, 2019, 08:40:09 AM »

Wants weird about it is there’s only one way you can play with that squad - a low block and counter attack.
He keeps wanting them to press which is a nonsense, the midfield isn’t athletic or quick enough
As soon as they dropped off in the second half then looked to counter they looked much better

Problem for them is in this league if you want top 4 you’ve got to dominate the dross - don’t think they’re set up to do that at all

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester
  • Believer
« Reply #32399 on: August 12, 2019, 09:00:17 AM »
They've been irrelevant for a few years, but now that they're champions, it brings back all the reasons why I hate them. Have to put with their smug fans going on about how they're the biggest club in London now. Still congrats to Ole for his spirit of 99, roll on 2021