Author Topic: The Top Six Mini-League Thread... Sponsored by TENA  (Read 347783 times)

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Top Six Mini-League and the Run In...
« Reply #1160 on: April 23, 2017, 07:13:21 pm »
That doesn't make sense.

City vs United
Tottenham vs United
Tottenham vs Arsenal
United vs Arsenal

There is plenty of points to be dropped. They literally CAN'T go all without droppings points. It's not possible.
While this is true, I'm not worried about Arsenal or City. Arsenal will finish below us and City above us imo. I think it's a H2H battle between us and Utd
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: April 23, 2017, 07:15:09 pm »
Man Utd have City, Spurs and Arsenal away. Arsenal play at Spurs, one way or the other our rivals are going to drop points. Now the question is, how many points will we win in the last 4 games?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1162 on: April 23, 2017, 07:15:35 pm »
Let's say we finish the job and qualify for the Champions League. How are we going to compete with the likes of Bayern Munich and Juventus? I know qualifying is the first step but if we have to play qualifiers we might struggle with getting elite players to the club this summer.
A but demotivated right now.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1163 on: April 23, 2017, 07:15:37 pm »
You did read my post fully, right?

Yes all. Isn't a tiny chance even if Chelsea and Spurs collapse.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: April 23, 2017, 07:15:56 pm »
My math was wrong, 8 points out of 12 would leave us with 74 points. For some reason I thought we had less than 66 points. Even if United get 74 and we get 74, perhaps we will have the goal difference

That would be something. Both on 71 points with a game left.

I would take that scenario right now considering we have Boro at home.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1165 on: April 23, 2017, 07:19:05 pm »
Yes all. Isn't a tiny chance even if Chelsea and Spurs collapse.

It's still mathematically possible, although like I said it would take a massive collapse from those two teams.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: April 23, 2017, 07:22:27 pm »
We fucked up big time. Mathematicly we are back to depending on United falling.

With regards to the  football situation it seems to me like the team is just not very good. I expect 7 or 8 points in the last 4 games. It may be enough, it may not, Im not too sure.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #1167 on: April 23, 2017, 07:27:53 pm »
Thing is, and I've felt this way for many years now, but do we really want it?  By which I mean do the players we have REALLY WANT Champions League?  Do most of the match day fans REALLY REALLY want Champions League?  How was the atmosphere today? - sounded distinctly average on the telly.  Yes, I wasn't there.  I'm one of those who lives 200 miles away but would like to get to  or 5 home games a season and sing my heart out but simply cannot get tickets without playing ridiculous money.

I watched Origi today as closely as the telly would allow.  He was played as a lone striker and I don't think he was ever in the feckin box.  More often than not he was alongside Can or Wino and he did as much as he possibly could today to prove that Bentecke is a far superior goalscorer than he is.

Milner - solid game yes but when the chance came to pull the trigger he waited and waited and waited for an open goal, and got tackled.

I could go on.  But to summarise, this is bullshit.  We don't REALLY REALLY REALLY want Champions League enough as a fanbase and as a set of players.  Klopp shows the passion but it obviously did not transmit to the players today and FFS we KNOW what Palace are going to do and we have no fecking answer to it.  Not this season, not last season nor the fecking season before that.  It's bullshit, it really is.

FFS.  Feckin bullshit.  Right, Top Gear (yeah, it's shit) and Line of Duty for me now.

Feckin bullshit.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:30:23 pm by wah00ey »
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: April 23, 2017, 07:33:46 pm »
Thing is, and I've felt this way for many years now, but do we really want it?  By which I mean do the players we have REALLY WANT Champions League?  Do most of the match day fans REALLY REALLY want Champions League?  How was the atmosphere today? - sounded distinctly average on the telly.  Yes, I wasn't there.  I'm one of those who lives 200 miles away but would like to get to  or 5 home games a season and sing my heart out but simply cannot get tickets without playing ridiculous money.

I watched Origi today as closely as the telly would allow.  He was played as a lone striker and I don't think he was ever in the feckin box.  More often than not he was alongside Can or Wino and he did as much as he possibly could today to prove that Bentecke is a far superior goalscorer than he is.

Milner - solid game yes but when the chance came to pull the trigger he waited and waited and waited for an open goal, and got tackled.

I could go on.  But to summarise, this is bullshit.  We don't REALLY REALLY REALLY want Champions League enough as a fanbase and as a set of players.  Klopp shows the passion but it obviously did not transmit to the players today and FFS we KNOW what Palace are going to do and we have no fecking answer to it.  Not this season, not last season nor the fecking season before that.  It's bullshit, it really is.

FFS.  Feckin bullshit.  Right, Top Gear (yeah, it's shit) and Line of Duty for me now.

Feckin bullshit.

Thats utter rubbish.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1169 on: April 23, 2017, 07:35:02 pm »
Monday night will prove a lot to me.

We could go into that game knowing that Arsenal and United have both dropped points in the derby. On the other hand, they may both win putting pressure on us.

Players and fans didn't seem arsed today - like when we lost to Swansea and fucked the league challenge up.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: April 23, 2017, 07:35:30 pm »
Utd's fixtures...

Manchester City V Manchester United - 27 Apr    

Manchester United V Swansea City - 30 Apr    

Celta Vigo V Manchester United - 4 May (EL semi)

Arsenal V Manchester United - 7 May

Manchester United V Celta Vigo - 11 May (EL semi)

Tottenham Hotspur V Manchester United - 14 May

Southampton V Manchester United - 17 May

Manchester United V Crystal Palace - 21 May

(EL final is 24 May)

They play Spurs away and Arsenal away 3 days after the EL semi legs.

12 points from their last 6 would put them on 75 points.
9 points from our last 4 would put us on 75 points.

That's about the size of it.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1171 on: April 23, 2017, 07:36:18 pm »
Thing is, and I've felt this way for many years now, but do we really want it?  By which I mean do the players we have REALLY WANT Champions League?...

Of course they do.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1172 on: April 23, 2017, 07:37:08 pm »
Utd's fixtures...

Manchester City V Manchester United - 27 Apr    

Manchester United V Swansea City - 30 Apr    

Celta Vigo V Manchester United - 4 May (EL semi)

Arsenal V Manchester United - 7 May

Manchester United V Celta Vigo - 11 May (EL semi)

Tottenham Hotspur V Manchester United - 14 May

Southampton V Manchester United - 17 May

Manchester United V Crystal Palace - 21 May

(EL final is 24 May)

They play Spurs away and Arsenal away 3 days after the EL semi legs.

12 points from their last 6 would put them on 75 points.
9 points from our last 4 would put us on 75 points.

That's about the size of it.

We just need them to fuck up in those three tough away matches and then do the business ourselves.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: April 23, 2017, 07:40:50 pm »
We just need them to fuck up in those three tough away matches and then do the business ourselves.
If they lose two of those games, we can afford to lose one. That's assuming they even win their 'easy' games, which is a big if.

I know which position I'd rather be in, and I doubt you'll find many Mancs who wouldn't swap places with us.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: April 23, 2017, 07:40:50 pm »
Their game against Swansea is not a gimme. They need points and could easily frustrate utd.

Few twists amd turns. Something tells me we'll end up with 74 points.

Offline wah00ey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: April 23, 2017, 07:46:51 pm »
Of course they do.

Honestly Alan?  I don't know.  I really don't know.  Put it this way, with Stevie it was "heart on his sleeve" obvious.  But with some of the current crop, I'm not so sure.  I'm going by perceived body language here, but just watch Coutinho today compared to Origi.  One was busting a gut most of the time and the other wasn't anywhere near where he needed to be to do the job he was primarily on the pitch to do, most of the time.  Success breeds success and I think we have too many players (and fans) with too little experience of that currently.  We need a breakthrough - and it could yet come this season, I agree.  But we needed to be, very simplistically, more "up" for it today than it looked to me that we were.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: April 23, 2017, 07:49:04 pm »
Honestly Alan?  I don't know.  I really don't know.  Put it this way, with Stevie it was "heart on his sleeve" obvious.  But with some of the current crop, I'm not so sure.  I'm going by perceived body language here, but just watch Coutinho today compared to Origi.  One was busting a gut most of the time and the other wasn't anywhere near where he needed to be to do the job he was primarily on the pitch to do, most of the time.  Success breeds success and I think we have too many players (and fans) with too little experience of that currently.  We need a breakthrough - and it could yet come this season, I agree.  But we needed to be, very simplistically, more "up" for it today than it looked to me that we were.

They did their best. Some of these players like Origi are young and we are playing against a good team. We should have signed more players.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1177 on: April 23, 2017, 07:51:22 pm »
If they lose two of those games, we can afford to lose one. That's assuming they even win their 'easy' games, which is a big if.

I know which position I'd rather be in, and I doubt you'll find many Mancs who wouldn't swap places with us.

Arsenal could still pip us both

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1178 on: April 23, 2017, 07:51:59 pm »

That goes with the fans too though, Anfield was dreadful today. I almost prefer us being away from home now, at least we get constant support then. It becomes a real problem for us now, as there is so much fretting and a lack of patience, the only people who are helped are the opposition. The good news is our next game is away, much more hopeful of achieving a result there. But we are really on our last legs, injuries have knackered our season, but at least Lallana should be back in some form.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: April 23, 2017, 07:54:09 pm »
Arsenal could still pip us both

They have some pretty tough games coming up.

Offline wah00ey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: April 23, 2017, 07:54:48 pm »
They did their best. Some of these players like Origi are young and we are playing against a good team. We should have signed more players.
Palace were, prior today, relegation threatened.  Sorry, that argument doesn't wash.  They're really not a good team - they're fighting a relegation battle let's be honest here.  However, they fought against relegation today as a team MUCH harder than we fought our top 4 battle.

Don't disagree re. players we should have signed.  That's another question though - our bench was non-existent today whereas a Chelsea or Man City, even a Man U, would have had options.  Do the owners REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want Champions League then?

;-)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: April 23, 2017, 07:57:27 pm »
Palace were, prior today, relegation threatened.  Sorry, that argument doesn't wash.  They're really not a good team - they're fighting a relegation battle let's be honest here.  However, they fought against relegation today as a team MUCH harder than we fought our top 4 battle.

Don't disagree re. players we should have signed.  That's another question though - our bench was non-existent today whereas a Chelsea or Man City, even a Man U, would have had options.  Do the owners REAKLLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want Champions League then?

;-)

Palace have won 6 of their last 7 and against Arsenal and Chelsea. They are not that poor at all. We didnt have enough today. Too many injuries and Klopp and the club making a bad mistake in the summer.

Offline wah00ey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: April 23, 2017, 07:57:51 pm »
That goes with the fans too though, Anfield was dreadful today. I almost prefer us being away from home now, at least we get constant support then. It becomes a real problem for us now, as there is so much fretting and a lack of patience, the only people who are helped are the opposition. The good news is our next game is away, much more hopeful of achieving a result there. But we are really on our last legs, injuries have knackered our season, but at least Lallana should be back in some form.
Yeah, I kind of alluded to that in my first post.  I could have gone today with my lad.  £500 or so for the 2 of us is too much though.  We would have made a little noise though.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: April 23, 2017, 07:59:06 pm »
That doesn't make sense.

City vs United
Tottenham vs United
Tottenham vs Arsenal
United vs Arsenal

There is plenty of points to be dropped. They literally CAN'T go all without droppings points. It's not possible.

City and United are the big problem. Spurs can will all they want, doesn't matter. Arsenal are quite a bit off. Unuted have 3 tough games but really I can see them beating City and Arsenal. They do that, City will need to drop points but I can't see it.

Offline wah00ey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: April 23, 2017, 08:00:42 pm »
Palace have won 6 of their last 7 and against Arsenal and Chelsea. They are not that poor at all. We didnt have enough today. Too many injuries and Klopp and the club making a bad mistake in the summer.
I get what you're saying, to an extent.  But ultimately, they're relegation threatened and we're chasing top 4.  Theoretically, our first team today is significantly superior to theirs.  So the only conclusion is that they are fired up to avoid relegation more than we are to achieve top 4 given the relative performances today.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1185 on: April 23, 2017, 08:01:54 pm »
I get what you're saying, to an extent.  But ultimately, they're relegation threatened and we're chasing top 4.  Theoretically, our first team today is significantly superior to theirs.  So the only conclusion is that they are fired up to avoid relegation more than we are to achieve top 4 given the relative performances today.

Our teams today were fairly equal.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: April 23, 2017, 08:10:03 pm »
Or maybe they just scored more goals than us.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: April 23, 2017, 08:41:38 pm »
Some in here are overly cautious/pessimistic. Others are overly optimistic. The pessimists always expecting us to mess it up. The optimists  always predicting 13 or 15 pts from the next 5 games. The truth as you would expect is somewhere in between. I wasn't confident at the start of the season. I was expecting us to fail to get top 4. I actually think we will make it now, the old points in the bag being better than games in hand etc. But that accusation from the optomists that the others are "bedwetters" is cringey as fcuk.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: April 23, 2017, 08:46:58 pm »
City and United are the big problem. Spurs can will all they want, doesn't matter. Arsenal are quite a bit off. Unuted have 3 tough games but really I can see them beating City and Arsenal. They do that, City will need to drop points but I can't see it.

Them having three games in hand is why they are a bit off

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: April 23, 2017, 08:49:55 pm »
Them having three games in hand is why they are a bit off

They wont win all 3.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1190 on: April 23, 2017, 08:54:49 pm »
Watford game is key, win that and we'll do it. Going to West Ham isn't like it was at Upton Park. Huge pitch, fans well back, they're pretty rubbish. We'll win. Think we'll also win the home games. Watford under flight lights will be a very hard game. Spurs and man city will do us favours somewhere along the way. Best Watford.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1191 on: April 23, 2017, 08:57:38 pm »
Watford game is key, win that and we'll do it. Going to West Ham isn't like it was at Upton Park. Huge pitch, fans well back, they're pretty rubbish. We'll win. Think we'll also win the home games. Watford under flight lights will be a very hard game. Spurs and man city will do us favours somewhere along the way. Best Watford.

I am quite relaxed about our away games, its the home games that make me more nervous.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #1192 on: April 23, 2017, 08:57:48 pm »
Really need City to win on Thursday now and for us to win Monday. That would put us back in the driving seat with 3 to play and the mancs still to go to emirates and WHL.

I have thought for a while now we'll mess it up and hate proving myself right but you just cant trust our team when it comes to the business end of things.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1193 on: April 23, 2017, 09:00:18 pm »
I am quite relaxed about our away games, its the home games that make me more nervous.
If we can't beat Boro then being in the champions league just isn't for us.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: April 23, 2017, 09:00:58 pm »
They wont win all 3.

It seems very unlikely looking at remaining fixtures on paper but like the rest of this its impossible to know and so easy to sit back and say. Not long ago Chelsea were apparently going to embarrass man u, i was reading 4-0 score predictions ffs

A lot could happen in the remaining games

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1195 on: April 23, 2017, 09:01:25 pm »
Utd, City and Arsenal play twice by the time we play again. Its a big week but a good one for us as at least it makes things more clearer.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: April 23, 2017, 09:02:27 pm »
I think the most depressing thing is that before today's game it was completely in our own hands.

But now we are relying on other results, and not only that but we still don't know which way we want some of those games to go, so there is a real sense of powerlessness now.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1197 on: April 23, 2017, 09:02:53 pm »
Utd, City and Arsenal play twice by the time we play again. Its a big week but a good one for us as at least it makes things more clearer.

Exactly.

We go into Monday under pressure either way.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: April 23, 2017, 09:04:21 pm »

exactly how I see it.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #1199 on: April 23, 2017, 09:17:15 pm »
Exactly.

We go into Monday under pressure either way.

its all these games in hand that bug me I just want them to play them so we know where we stand.