Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 230038 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #400 on: May 13, 2017, 09:12:52 pm »
That's not a bad idea!! :)

How about purple for locals...?
We are a team of one half.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #401 on: May 14, 2017, 10:10:54 am »
not bad  :wave

these are just me messing around with photoshop and not real card designs !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline didopich

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: May 15, 2017, 12:06:48 pm »
This thread is making me uncomfortable as if I'm a criminal for letting friends have my ticket a few times this season when I couldn't make it.
What happens if a steward takes the card off him??

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #403 on: May 15, 2017, 12:57:03 pm »
This thread is making me uncomfortable as if I'm a criminal for letting friends have my ticket a few times this season when I couldn't make it.

Not sure but heard about people getting the card confiscated and sent back to the address on the account.
Nothing said by the club but I'm sure they flag it on your account and if it happens a few times they might decide to cancel your membership.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #404 on: May 15, 2017, 01:26:18 pm »
In my book it is far worse when there is an advantage - like buying local tkts for £9 and selling them on for the standard cost or higher - which some clearly are being.

I think the club have already said about it being ok to miss a few. Though they would prefer you to use the exchange but there is no incentive for people to do that when you get far less back.

I don't see that you are ding anything wrong and think most on here would agree.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: May 15, 2017, 01:52:49 pm »
If the club were remotely bothered by touting they would have put photos on.
what a preposterous suggestion
cyas

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #407 on: May 15, 2017, 04:31:20 pm »
I think it would be best to contact the club with an explination asap, no contact would be like admitting guilt for something done wrong.

if the club have a card they dont have to do anything with it until there is a contact from the card holder. the card is the property of the club, not the card holder who payed for it !

Offline bono1712

• Kopite
  • "Shankly is our hero he showed us how to play"
« Reply #408 on: May 16, 2017, 10:21:17 am »
My tickets were blocked Sunday an had to get re-prints at ticket office...fella said Liverpool suspect me of selling them on. Had to show ID an card used for booking. Got re-prints still wouldn't let me in...finally got in 33rd minute gonna ring up in a bit an play fuck
@bono1712

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: May 16, 2017, 10:46:28 am »
My tickets were blocked Sunday an had to get re-prints at ticket office...fella said Liverpool suspect me of selling them on. Had to show ID an card used for booking. Got re-prints still wouldn't let me in...finally got in 33rd minute gonna ring up in a bit an play fuck

Are these away paper tickets that wouldnt work?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: May 16, 2017, 01:26:11 pm »
Didn't that happen to one of yours at Chelsea away as well? Weird to block someone without evidence

Offline bono1712

• Kopite
  • "Shankly is our hero he showed us how to play"
« Reply #412 on: May 16, 2017, 03:54:17 pm »
Didn't that happen to one of yours at Chelsea away as well? Weird to block someone without evidence
Yeah said they had been informed the were forsale on a 3rd party website and wanted to confirm it was me using them when I got down there...i said next time can u ring me cos I missed most of the first half trying to sort it
@bono1712

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #413 on: May 28, 2017, 10:25:19 pm »
Nothing to do with touting but I fond this post very interesting.... given we were taking about how overseas fans get their tickets...

I come over virtually every season. Have never had  a ticket request turned down by the club through the Branch for one ticket. I'm also lucky enough to know locals who have helped me with aways or cups.......

.........I came over end of March this season for Everton and Bournemouth. Had my air fare booked in August. I"m not going to risk waiting for a general sale and "hope" I get a ticket to the match. And fwiw..I was in the Kop for both matches.

From memory this isn't what the club SAY happens....is it?

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #414 on: June 1, 2017, 11:30:35 pm »
Nothing wrong with getting Everton and Bournemouth tickets trough an OLSC, some people make the most of 2 games being at Anfield in such a short space of time.

If his local mates could of helped him out for Stoke he could of done 3 games in a week !

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #415 on: June 14, 2017, 01:15:34 am »
Last game this season against Boro my mate turned up on the day (morning) at the ticket office and asked for 3 tickets and they said yes fine upper centenary and sorted him.

Offline thirty

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #416 on: July 11, 2017, 11:58:07 am »
Just wondering what are the ticketing changes for new season? Wasn't much difference buying tickets this morning and terms of conditions of members cards looks the same as last season?
thirty

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
    • Facebook
« Reply #417 on: July 12, 2017, 01:43:36 am »
This is the best thoughts I have read so far on this.  Well said Tony.

In recent years there have been loads of matches with tickets available in the days leading up to it.  People just don't want to put in the graft.  Or, they only want tickets in the Kop. 

If the club were deadly serious about touts, they would have photo I.D cards for STH's and members.  And they would also allow you to nominate a friend to use the card when you are unable to for work reasons of such.  Having random spot checks won't work long term.

I will be honest, I am starting to find this thread a bit tedious. Yes it is a problem, yes it is frustrating. But some people acting like it is the worst thing happening in the world right now, get a grip.

Times are hard for some people, they will exploit the imbalance between demand and supply to make a bit of money. Not just with football tickets but with anything that has such a demand/supply imbalance.

Your local shop buys bottles of lucozade for 30p and sells for £1. Landlords up and down the country, especially in London, buying properties and renovating them then selling them for profit. Pricing a lot of people out of owning a home. That is just a couple of examples.

All the above and more is fine, but someone make a profit on a LFC ticket and it is wrong. Even better is the utter hypocrisy of some people who think it is ok to sell tickets on for a Champions League final if Man U or Chelsea are involved, or the Europa final this year if Man U make it, but when someone does it to us for Basel or Athens all these people cry about how unfair it is and that the people selling are c*nts etc! Or people who routinely sell non football and non LFC tickets for profit, but cry when people do it with LFC tickets. Again utter hypocrisy!

Another thing that fucks me right off is people who only want big game tickets and then cry when they can't get one at face value. YOU DON'T DESERVE ONE! Dortmund home being the classic example. If you went 1 Europa home game before, even just Man U, you got a ticket. Yet he who 'could not be arsed' with the Europa League and now suddenly can cries that people are asking inflated prices when if he had been arsed from the start he would qualify himself. The same brigade were out for the derby bitching and moaning that they couldn't get tickets, yet when they are asked about Bournemouth or Burnley or any other game that was fairly easy to get, they conveniently can't make it 😂

If I move abroad, which is a possibility, I would probably try to keep my away credits up as I got plenty of mates who would gladly use them. But if I was ever back for a home game say maybe once or twice a season, I would probably be buying off someone at the going rate. Why you ask? The current system and hassle involved makes it easier and less hassle to pay a tout if only coming once or twice a season. Paying membership fees, checking back every few days/hours etc for returns and all the other hassle when busy in work. No thanks, I'll just pay someone a bit more to sort it for me. Already saved 2 membership fees if going with someone. I know that will upset a lot of people on here, but for 1 or 2 games our system is not worth the hassle! So LFC are part of the problem here.

Yes effort does need to be made to reduce the problem. But the simple fact of the matter is at the current level of demand/supply it will never go away. Also there is far worse things happening in the World right now, but some people in this thread are acting like touts are the next Islamic State or something like that!
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #418 on: July 12, 2017, 10:09:52 am »
Extend the Anny Road to reduce touting ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #419 on: July 21, 2017, 05:51:53 pm »
Be aware that there is a wind blowing within the Club and that ticketing generally is being looked at.

The local sales were abused for all but the last match - estimates of 60% been touted were mentioned and we nearly lost the allocation for locals but the recent selling changes are making it harder (but not impossible) to tout.

In the next couple of seasons there will be a ST amnesty with STs getting put in the name of the right users and then probably through technology it will be impossible to pass them on. There is talk of having a 'friends and family' scheme where you can nominate up to say five people each season and to whom you can allocate the ticket say three or four times in total a season, otherwise you put the ticket back into the Club for any game you can't make.

Same with aways and GAs - purchaser of ticket has to use it (with some limited leeway).

It's coming.
Not Coming for Watford away Graham alas.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: July 21, 2017, 06:07:42 pm »
Last game this season against Boro my mate turned up on the day (morning) at the ticket office and asked for 3 tickets and they said yes fine upper centenary and sorted him.

My uncle did this for the derby a few seasons ago, lucky.

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #421 on: August 22, 2017, 10:19:44 pm »
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but got a tout on Facebook selling tickets way over FV. Seems to have a fair few. Got his name and mobile number on the post so surely enough details for the ticket office. 

Worth reporting? If yes, how do I go about doing so?

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #422 on: August 23, 2017, 04:21:57 am »
I'd say yes - we have to try. Take some screen shots too if you can to give context

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: August 23, 2017, 08:03:36 am »
It would be nice to havethe ability to donate tickets to local schools or charities for families to use.

An example is you have a season ticket you cnat go to a home i know you can sell but sometimes its nice to Pay it Forward  or you automatically sign up for the AUto Cup Schemes but you can't allways go and you don't want to come off - as long as your not looking for money and you can keep the credit it would be nice to  donate it for someone else to use - When Brian Hall ran the Community scheme it was quite easy to donate an unused season ticket but not so easy now.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #424 on: August 23, 2017, 10:10:58 am »
It would be nice to havethe ability to donate tickets to local schools or charities for families to use.

An example is you have a season ticket you cnat go to a home i know you can sell but sometimes its nice to Pay it Forward  or you automatically sign up for the AUto Cup Schemes but you can't allways go and you don't want to come off - as long as your not looking for money and you can keep the credit it would be nice to  donate it for someone else to use - When Brian Hall ran the Community scheme it was quite easy to donate an unused season ticket but not so easy now.

:thumbup

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #426 on: August 23, 2017, 11:24:45 am »
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but got a tout on Facebook selling tickets way over FV. Seems to have a fair few. Got his name and mobile number on the post so surely enough details for the ticket office. 

Worth reporting? If yes, how do I go about doing so?

Look on www.liverpoolfc.com/contactus

Or Look on the website for the ask a question link so that you can give details to them
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #427 on: August 24, 2017, 09:35:01 pm »
Look on www.liverpoolfc.com/contactus

Or Look on the website for the ask a question link so that you can give details to them

Cheers, went through the ask a question bit so I'll see what they reply (if they do). 

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: August 24, 2017, 09:43:58 pm »
Always dob touts in. They're pieces of shit.

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: August 27, 2017, 01:28:20 pm »
Ticketing changes to reduce touting. ITs laughable when the biggest touts of the lot are the club
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #430 on: August 27, 2017, 09:43:26 pm »
Ticketing changes to reduce touting. ITs laughable when the biggest touts of the lot are the club

in what way is that?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #431 on: August 27, 2017, 10:32:25 pm »
Selling tickets via Thomas Cook etc as part of packages which are above the costs of the components. Or corporate tkts where same applies. I imagine......

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: August 29, 2017, 12:02:41 pm »
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #433 on: August 29, 2017, 12:42:13 pm »
I was just asking for specifics. Not saying they don't do that
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #434 on: August 29, 2017, 01:11:00 pm »
Thomas cook at £300+

Hospitality at £250+

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #435 on: September 1, 2017, 12:07:11 pm »
For those of you interested, the club have got back to me regarding the tout. This was the email response:

Dear Asim,

Thank you for contacting Liverpool Football Club.

LFC has strict terms and conditions around the use and transfer of match tickets. The unauthorised sale of tickets is a criminal offence and the Club supports the work of the Premier League and local and national enforcement organisations where they are investigating the illegal sale of tickets.

Thankyou Asim for sending in the screenshots, I have forwarded these to the ticket investigating officer who will look into this.

I can assure you we will take action and thanks again for making us aware.

If there is anything else I can help you with Asim, do not hesitate to get in touch

Kind Regards

Laura
Liverpool Football Club

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: September 1, 2017, 12:13:30 pm »
For those of you interested, the club have got back to me regarding the tout. This was the email response:

Dear Asim,

Thank you for contacting Liverpool Football Club.

LFC has strict terms and conditions around the use and transfer of match tickets. The unauthorised sale of tickets is a criminal offence and the Club supports the work of the Premier League and local and national enforcement organisations where they are investigating the illegal sale of tickets.

Thankyou Asim for sending in the screenshots, I have forwarded these to the ticket investigating officer who will look into this.

I can assure you we will take action and thanks again for making us aware.

If there is anything else I can help you with Asim, do not hesitate to get in touch

Kind Regards

Laura
Liverpool Football Club

We have a ticket investigating officer?!?

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #437 on: September 1, 2017, 12:19:14 pm »
I reported a facebook tout to the club and got an email saying the details had been sent to a ticketing investigation officer as well.

Same tout is advertising euro homes today

Maribor £85
Spartak £90
Seville £100

Also advertising 4 tickets for Leicester away in the cup @ £60 each, plus a load of home league games

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #438 on: September 1, 2017, 03:13:13 pm »
We have a ticket investigating officer?!?

Apparently so!

I reported a facebook tout to the club and got an email saying the details had been sent to a ticketing investigation officer as well.

Same tout is advertising euro homes today

Maribor £85
Spartak £90
Seville £100

Also advertising 4 tickets for Leicester away in the cup @ £60 each, plus a load of home league games

Was the email pretty much the same as mine? Might be a copy and paste job for them...

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #439 on: September 1, 2017, 05:08:34 pm »
Apparently so!

Was the email pretty much the same as mine? Might be a copy and paste job for them...

No, didn't have all the stuff about taking it seriously etc. Just said they had passed the information on.