Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 228823 times)

Offline Winckle

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1880 on: January 24, 2020, 11:15:36 am »
Could probably do with a new thread as the backstory for most of these are more dramatic than Hollyoaks.

I can't wait for all the sob stories about why you should get to keep a ST in the name of your 150 year old great granddad.  ;D

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #1881 on: January 24, 2020, 11:18:28 am »
I can't wait for all the sob stories about why you should get to keep a ST in the name of your 150 year old great granddad.  ;D

Didn't they do all the name changes last year?
Legacy fan

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1882 on: January 24, 2020, 11:29:41 am »
Could probably do with a new thread as the backstory for most of these are more dramatic than Hollyoaks.
Lfc should do a documentary on it

Offline Nesbo1690

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1883 on: January 24, 2020, 02:15:18 pm »
Is the fan update just a photo id? Or proof of address also?

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #1884 on: January 24, 2020, 02:40:50 pm »
Is the fan update just a photo id? Or proof of address also?
Passport, Driver's license or national ID card is what they ask for

Offline Nesbo1690

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1885 on: January 24, 2020, 03:46:03 pm »
Passport, Driver's license or national ID card is what they ask for

Thanks pal

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1886 on: January 26, 2020, 09:16:48 am »
I take it an announcement regarding season ticket amnesty / update is imminent as I haven’t seen anything posted or linked

Edit just seen Graeme’s post from the previous page
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:18:35 am by gazzam1963 »

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #1887 on: January 28, 2020, 03:28:27 pm »
What do ye make of the ticketing survey sent out by the club this afternoon? Ballot is an awful idea, the current system is better in my opinion. (and yes I'm scrapping for tickets in the late sales for most games and I know how difficult it is).

The Club is exploring removing the ‘1st come 1st served’ sales for matches where the Club cannot guarantee that tickets will be available to all that apply, and introducing a ballot process as the alternative.

Sales where Members are guaranteed a ticket based on the number of games recorded in the previous season would remain unchanged, ie. In 2019/20 the sales that were in place for Members with 13+ games.

How it would work

Those Members not guaranteed a ticket would be able register for the ballot for every game they wish to attend.
There would be two ballot registration periods, one for games to be played up to 31 December, the other for all remaining games until the end of the season.  Both registration periods would take place well in advance of each ticket sale, a minimum of 2 weeks prior.
In each registration period, there would be separate ballots for selected matches based on eligibility criteria , ie the 2019/20 sale in place to Members with 4+ games, and the sale in place to all Members.
Members would be randomly selected via an independent ballot process undertaken by Civica Election Services, (formerly Electoral Reform Services), who the Club used for last season’s cup final ticketing ballots.
Those successful in the ballots would be guaranteed a ticket.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1888 on: January 28, 2020, 03:29:52 pm »
Don't like it, hope it won't affect me next season anyway.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1889 on: January 28, 2020, 03:36:48 pm »
What do ye make of the ticketing survey sent out by the club this afternoon? Ballot is an awful idea, the current system is better in my opinion. (and yes I'm scrapping for tickets in the late sales for most games and I know how difficult it is).

The Club is exploring removing the ‘1st come 1st served’ sales for matches where the Club cannot guarantee that tickets will be available to all that apply, and introducing a ballot process as the alternative.

Sales where Members are guaranteed a ticket based on the number of games recorded in the previous season would remain unchanged, ie. In 2019/20 the sales that were in place for Members with 13+ games.

How it would work

Those Members not guaranteed a ticket would be able register for the ballot for every game they wish to attend.
There would be two ballot registration periods, one for games to be played up to 31 December, the other for all remaining games until the end of the season.  Both registration periods would take place well in advance of each ticket sale, a minimum of 2 weeks prior.
In each registration period, there would be separate ballots for selected matches based on eligibility criteria , ie the 2019/20 sale in place to Members with 4+ games, and the sale in place to all Members.
Members would be randomly selected via an independent ballot process undertaken by Civica Election Services, (formerly Electoral Reform Services), who the Club used for last season’s cup final ticketing ballots.
Those successful in the ballots would be guaranteed a ticket.

What an excellent and fair process hopefully they will allow you to pair applications to allow more families and friends to attend together.

If everyone who applies gets at least one or two successful applications the more people will get to enjoy Anfield and will help cut down on people who are desperate for tickets but have to rely on the secondary market.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1890 on: January 28, 2020, 04:17:27 pm »
Absolutely ridiculous idea and I’m someone with all 19. Someone could be in these ballots for years and never get successful. Just ask those in cup final ballots who’ve never got any. You could also be on 12 and unfortunate to miss out on the 13+ but then can only go in for the 4+ games and have go in a ballot for them and have even less chance than ever? Really?

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1891 on: January 28, 2020, 04:28:31 pm »
Absolutely ridiculous idea and I’m someone with all 19. Someone could be in these ballots for years and never get successful. Just ask those in cup final ballots who’ve never got any. You could also be on 12 and unfortunate to miss out on the 13+ but then can only go in for the 4+ games and have go in a ballot for them and have even less chance than ever? Really?

Spot on mate.

If this is the case you've no chance of ever getting 19 so if like this season we could possibly win a league for the first time in 30 years,
 you're not there coz you missed out on a ballot to somebody who's just bought a membership

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: January 28, 2020, 04:30:14 pm »
another nail in the coffin for home league games. I stopped giving a shite a long time ago though about league home games
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1893 on: January 28, 2020, 04:34:36 pm »
I personally think its a good idea using this method for the bulk sales at least everyone has a fair chance for sales on 4+ and no previous. Trying to get on the site during these sales have become stupid. Also it's not going to affect the current late availability sales. They need to do with the randomness of tickets going on sale. Unless you've got a job behind a screen you've got no chance
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Herzog93

• Main Stander
« Reply #1894 on: January 28, 2020, 04:38:03 pm »
Maybe I'm being stupid but don't see how it makes you any less likely to get to 19 homes?

You'll still have the late availability sales which won't be a ballot.

Aren't bulk sales basically a bit like a ballot now in the fact as to where you get placed in the queue at 8.15?

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: January 28, 2020, 04:39:47 pm »
Only letting people sign into a holding site who qualify would be a start. Same with all other sales. Stop the time wasters who go on for lol's
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:41:25 pm by Thomas »
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1896 on: January 28, 2020, 04:39:49 pm »
It’s a ballot now in everything but name.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1897 on: January 28, 2020, 04:56:41 pm »
It’s a ballot now in everything but name.
Yeah that is fair to be honest.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1898 on: January 28, 2020, 05:26:43 pm »

Maybe I'm being stupid but don't see how it makes you any less likely to get to 19 homes?

You'll still have the late availability sales which won't be a ballot.

Aren't bulk sales basically a bit like a ballot now in the fact as to where you get placed in the queue at 8.15?

Atm if you get lucky and get in you're sorted for half a season. The ballots would I assume be done game by game?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1899 on: January 28, 2020, 05:34:28 pm »
Voted strongly for the proposed changes. Myself and 2 relatives have memberships and between us we got 0 tickets this year despite us all being up and in front of computers over an hour before each sale in July and November, sick of that crap to be honest. Not managed to get any in the late availability sales either. They need to change something and at least this way if I miss out on tickets then I haven’t wasted 3 hours per day sat in front of a computer. Previous years we’ve always managed to get 3 or 4 games but this year was insane.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 05:36:49 pm by sminp »
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1900 on: January 28, 2020, 05:35:01 pm »
Will the late availability still be there though? It doesn’t mention it. Will it be like the ballot where you get a number on a waiting list and all returns are offered down the waiting list rather than an additional members sale?

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1901 on: January 28, 2020, 05:36:24 pm »
Will the late availability still be there though? It doesn’t mention it. Will it be like the ballot where you get a number on a waiting list and all returns are offered down the waiting list rather than an additional members sale?

Gotta think it'll be a waiting list first.

This is all early stages for me. See how the responses come in
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1902 on: January 28, 2020, 05:45:24 pm »

Voted strongly for the proposed changes. Myself and 2 relatives have memberships and between us we got 0 tickets this year despite us all being up and in front of computers over an hour before each sale in July and November, sick of that crap to be honest. Not managed to get any in the late availability sales either. They need to change something and at least this way if I miss out on tickets then I haven’t wasted 3 hours per day sat in front of a computer. Previous years we’ve always managed to get 3 or 4 games but this year was insane.

Being in front if your computers an hour before the sale makes no difference, have an extra hour in bed, the queue kicks in at 8.15 regardless of what time you're on beforehand.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: January 28, 2020, 05:53:12 pm »
If this means late availability/last minute tickets will go to a "waiting list", I struggle to see how anyone younger will get to 13+ on their own card without a lot of luck or buying match hospo.

I feel like a ballot will open this up to a lot more people attempting to entering speculatively. At least with a bulk sale people are actively waiting / choosing to ditch it when it takes too long.

It doesn't affect me as someone on 13+, but I can see this being frustrating if I was a regular but not on that number. Increases the chances of me missing out on free for all tickets too.

Problem is we've got so good everyone now wants to see us play. The complaints are leading them to taking these actions to the detriment of regular/regular-ish fans.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:38:25 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: January 28, 2020, 06:16:39 pm »

Yeah that is fair to be honest.

Only in the actual ballot there will be 10 times as many people entering.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1905 on: January 28, 2020, 06:31:09 pm »
I’ll wait to hear more but at a first glance it’s an absolute joke of an idea.

I wonder if the STH exchange would still be on a first come first serve!? If the tickets went to those on a waiting list from the ballot a lot of us who go to a few games a season would struggle even more.

This idea is only pushing away the regulars for a chance for the day trippers to go!! I’m all for giving fans the opportunity but not at the expense of those who now have an RSI in their finger for F5’ing hahaha

Missed out on 3 finals due to a ballot..I have a better chance refreshing the page leading up to the games
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:32:55 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: January 28, 2020, 06:42:32 pm »

Seems like a ploy by The Club to sell more memberships.  Probably received plenty of complaints from those that didn't get anything in the bulk sales, so now they can say that you will have a chance in the ballot.   I am in the 13+ luxury but if I wasn’t I would rather take my chances with the bulk sales rather than a ballot.

And for those of us in the 13+ club I would hazard a guess that very few would be successful in the 2 or 3 games that are in the bulk so progressively the numbers on 13+ would diminish. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1907 on: January 28, 2020, 07:15:04 pm »
I wonder what the club would do to sustain 13+. Otherwise eventually it will be a 100% ballot with no pre requirements.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1908 on: January 28, 2020, 07:19:27 pm »
Why are people concerned about the guaranteed tickets at 13+. No mention of taking that away was there?

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1909 on: January 28, 2020, 07:28:53 pm »
So does this mean that all the free for all tickets would be allocated via a ballot? If so what would the chances of getting a ticket be? I am not sure of the number of tickets available in each members sale and how many members we have. Just I have missed out on the last 4 final tickets via ballots and remembering Madrid there was a 1 in 4.3 chance (or something like that) of getting a ticket. I am assuming that the chances of getting a ticket in the free for alls would be greater then that

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1910 on: January 28, 2020, 07:35:11 pm »
So does this mean that all the free for all tickets would be allocated via a ballot? If so what would the chances of getting a ticket be? I am not sure of the number of tickets available in each members sale and how many members we have. Just I have missed out on the last 4 final tickets via ballots and remembering Madrid there was a 1 in 4.3 chance (or something like that) of getting a ticket. I am assuming that the chances of getting a ticket in the free for alls would be greater then that
Exactly. One of the points I’ve submitted. This is only a good idea for new members.

They need to find a solution to only allowing members with the requisite games on their cards to be able to login to the ticketing page for sales. If they put the resources into that then we wouldn’t be in the mess that we are. Also, stagger sale from 13+ 8+, 4+. Reward the fans that have to go through this process year in year out.

The ballot chances will be in 1 in 10+ which after not getting tickets to Kiev or Madrid at 1 in 4.2 ratio isn’t great odds.

"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1911 on: January 28, 2020, 07:42:01 pm »
Fair play to the club for finally trying to address the shit system we have now.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: January 28, 2020, 08:05:18 pm »
Why are people concerned about the guaranteed tickets at 13+. No mention of taking that away was there?

It could be a free for all ballot on a game we win the league on. You go for 30 years and you could miss out. I’d guess. If that’s what you mean?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 08:07:56 pm by davidsteventon »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1913 on: January 28, 2020, 08:07:26 pm »
Can’t wait till we win the league to force me to make a proper decision as to if I carry on or not.
I keep changing my mind. Things like this move me towards not.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: January 28, 2020, 08:21:56 pm »

Because people in this category worked hard to get there and I suspect the Club would like to whittle down the numbers in favour of a greater number of different fans through the turnstiles on a game by game basis.   

Presently they put the newly promoted teams in the free for all bulk sales unless it is an exceptional date like the first and last game of the season.  Inevitably some on 13+ would miss out on a ballot if the 13+ had to enter a ballot for these games as opposed to including all games in the guaranteed sales.  Consequently the numbers on 13+ would progressively reduce especially if the late availability sales were replaced by ticket allocations to those on the waiting lists following ballots.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1915 on: January 28, 2020, 08:34:09 pm »
Rather than just papering over the cracks and bringing in a ballot, why not try an implement a Membership scheme that is actually fit for purpose given the current climate? Surely some sort of tiered scheme would be more beneficial moving forward?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1916 on: January 28, 2020, 08:43:18 pm »

Far greater than that. There are only 5,000 tickets for members not on 13

I’m actually pretty lucky in the ballots, I’ve won 3 out of 3. But cup final odds are far better than these will be

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1917 on: January 28, 2020, 08:52:44 pm »
With further thought over this evening- I'm not so sure about it anymore. For the club I think it's obviously a fantastic opportunity to look fairer whilst increasing the relative 'fan turnover' per game. Those that might have been put off by the previous nature of the sales will find this a much easier way to jump in and have a go. I think they'll sell more memberships and there will likely be more competition for games than there is now, especially with our form as it is. I think ultimately the club will therefore be able to ensure more people turn up for their annual jaunt to Anfield, their once in a lifetime trip etc and this obviously will eat away at the amount of tickets for those who want to go more regularly.

Not that there is anything wrong with people having an annual jaunt to Anfield or a once in a lifetime trip - but it's clear that people who don't go often because the tickets are "impossible" to get hold of, are the ones they want to be coming more. These are the supporters who will spend more in the club shop. It feels a bit of a shit time as well to introduce a ballot system. Right when we are at possibly the best we may ever be - when demand will be through the roof.

Admittedly, I wasn't having much luck under the other sales - but for those who really wanted to go - there were ways to 'try harder' than others I guess which is the only reason I got 2 on my card for the second half of the season.

I guess this does mean a more even spread throughout the season but before you could get lucky in a sale and go to a run of games even if you got nothing the next half of the season- I wonder what the chances are now of just getting 0, 1 or 2 tickets a season every season from now on? I guess the only option for me now that I have my weekends back in a new job is to literally join the F5 club if that continues and try and get a ticket for every game that comes up at short notice.

Also at this stage there is no chance in hell anyone on 13 or more should allow their card to drop below 13 because you'll never get it back above. You may as well turn the cards on 13+ into season tickets and just have this ballot for whatever tickets there are that make it to the free for all.

A positive is at least you'll be part of a ballot for each game as opposed to just one like a final and from a spreading tickets point of view, there will definitely be a greater share of them amongst members which I guess is fair. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1918 on: January 28, 2020, 08:53:48 pm »
Far greater than that. There are only 5,000 tickets for members not on 13

I’m actually pretty lucky in the ballots, I’ve won 3 out of 3. But cup final odds are far better than these will be

Are there actually 5,000 left? There's no way with the way in which the sales are every season (and 13+ always being guaranteed) that there are 5,000 left for the free for alls -I've seen the blocks at the end of the bulk sales for 13+ and there's no way 5,000 left.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: January 28, 2020, 09:34:10 pm »
Those on 13+ are the ones who are able to go every week. The ballot should be for those only looking to go for a couple games. Late sales for those who want to build a card, like lots of us have done/doing