Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 229731 times)

Offline GDGLEWIS

• Main Stander
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1240 on: October 16, 2019, 09:05:17 pm »
Are the new cards going to have a digital image stored on the card that can be read by a scanner rather than an individual image actually printed on the card. Given the new smart cards can easily store this and further information with ease.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1241 on: October 16, 2019, 10:04:49 pm »
Of course I would. I've bought away tickets on the exchange on here before, it amounts to the same thing really.

I fully appreciate the problem has been the club's system, rather than the fans 'cheating'

Fair enough. It was this bit that suggested otherwise to me :) Aways are going to be a minefield!  :(

I appreciate the fact people have been attending away games for all these years, but the fact of the matter is they shouldn't have been.
We are a team of one half.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1242 on: October 16, 2019, 10:16:55 pm »
Fair enough. It was this bit that suggested otherwise to me :) Aways are going to be a minefield!  :(

And that's still true. Technically I shouldn't have gone to the few aways I have, either

As you say, an absolute minefield, and I dont know how the club sorts it, there's far too many different situations that I doubt they'll even try.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1243 on: October 16, 2019, 10:25:11 pm »
I'm still not understanding this fully.

a.   I get the part about there should be only one card per person, whatever card that is.  Makes total sense.

b.   What I don't get is that the photo ID is been inned and no checks are to be made on who is attending.  So swapping cards around continues as it always has done.  In my view, no problem with that.  Whoever owns the card has built up the credits at some point anyway to buy the ticket and up to them who they give the card to, to actually attend the match. 

So this project ensures every member/ST at LFC is a real person.  Cool.  It ensures that touts can't have multiple cards in their own name.  Cool.  As no ID checks are made, swapping of cards carries on as per usual.  Cool.  This friends and family thing though...............what's the point of this unpoliced bullshit? ;D

Technology is available to take an image of the person using the card at the turnstile and match it against the image The Club has on record.   Any discrepancies could be highlighted and acted on by The Club if it chooses to do so.
Not suggesting that this would happen but it certainly could.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 10:54:12 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1244 on: October 16, 2019, 11:07:51 pm »
Technology is available to take an image of the person using the card at the turnstile and match it against the image The Club has on record.   Any discrepancies could be highlighted and acted on by The Club if it chooses to do so.
Not suggesting that this would happen but it certainly could.

The club have already confirmed that the photo will be deleted once the verification process has been completed so there is no photo on file
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #1245 on: October 17, 2019, 09:22:22 pm »
Can someone that has gone successfully through the update show with covered pictures on here which way they took/uploaded it as I think this maybe useful for people doubting themselves if they are doing wrong. Just an example pics obviously hide  the info!
Also for the people saying there won’t be checks.. yes it’s true but only while they ate updating ie this season. Next season though when all is sorted I fully expect random checks!

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1246 on: October 18, 2019, 07:24:22 am »
Went through the 6 attempts and failed miserably so waiting for the club to contact me, all should be ok though as i'm sure they'll be able to see the 6 pictures i was trying to upload and give me the green light.

Offline igloo

• Anny Roader
  • All round the fields of Anfield Road....
« Reply #1247 on: October 18, 2019, 07:30:12 am »
Went through the 6 attempts and failed miserably so waiting for the club to contact me, all should be ok though as i'm sure they'll be able to see the 6 pictures i was trying to upload and give me the green light.

Its the same as an security control at the airport. They need to stop someone during the day to do random search.
I also used 6 attempts, i couldnt make the picture any clearer....
YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: October 18, 2019, 07:59:18 am »
Can someone that has gone successfully through the update show with covered pictures on here which way they took/uploaded it as I think this maybe useful for people doubting themselves if they are doing wrong. Just an example pics obviously hide  the info!
Also for the people saying there won’t be checks.. yes it’s true but only while they ate updating ie this season. Next season though when all is sorted I fully expect random checks!

I done mine and my brothers. Both taken on the same background from the same angle using the same camera. Mine went through first time. His failed all 6. Even when I used a digital camera after the first 4 failed attempts. I think they're deliberately not verifying them all.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1249 on: October 18, 2019, 11:38:49 am »
1st attempt on Wednesday, failed so I took 3 more photos of my passport and then tried again yesterday, worked with the 1st photo, got e-mail confirming all good within 15 mins...I guess I got lucky.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #1250 on: October 18, 2019, 11:50:15 am »
I received an email from the club this morning regarding my failed attempts at the verification process.  It was more a case of how can we help as opposed to a this is what you do sort of response.  I explained that my upload failed 6 times and asked where to I go from here? I attached my passport photo and a utility bill so will see what they come back with.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1251 on: October 18, 2019, 12:49:17 pm »
1st attempt on Wednesday, failed so I took 3 more photos of my passport and then tried again yesterday, worked with the 1st photo, got e-mail confirming all good within 15 mins...I guess I got lucky.

Ours went through first time, e-mail within 20 minutes. Very Lucky on this one I guess

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #1252 on: October 18, 2019, 03:52:05 pm »
Has anyone done a name change on a members card? What is the process? Is it click on ‘incorrect details’, then upload current cardholder ID, then input new name etc and new holders ID?
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #1253 on: October 18, 2019, 04:13:39 pm »
Has anyone done a name change on a members card? What is the process? Is it click on ‘incorrect details’, then upload current cardholder ID, then input new name etc and new holders ID?

I think as soon as you click incorrect details you are taken to the form to contact the club. You fill in the details and then the club will contact you. I don't think you can actually change the details online as the club will likely want to know the reasons behind the name change etc.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: October 18, 2019, 06:24:42 pm »
I spoke to the club helpline today. There were helpful and offered some potential solutions. They didn’t seem clear what the name change process would be but I got the impression they would try and get it sorted.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1255 on: October 18, 2019, 06:40:13 pm »
I think as soon as you click incorrect details you are taken to the form to contact the club. You fill in the details and then the club will contact you. I don't think you can actually change the details online as the club will likely want to know the reasons behind the name change etc.

Yes, pretty much this. My missus had to do it, as her members card doesn't have her full first name, just her initial. It asks you to put in what needs updating, and says the club will be in touch within 5 days. She did this Monday or Tuesday, and no phone call as yet.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: October 19, 2019, 09:41:41 am »
Here's another question.

Someone just said this on the STH waiting list thread;

"My dad is at 7000 but won't want it by the time he gets it, mine is at 21,000. Would they let us swap?!"

At the moment, this happens doesn't it. So would people like the above be told no, because your name isn't the one on the list?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #1257 on: October 19, 2019, 10:54:38 am »
Here's another question.

Someone just said this on the STH waiting list thread;

"My dad is at 7000 but won't want it by the time he gets it, mine is at 21,000. Would they let us swap?!"

At the moment, this happens doesn't it. So would people like the above be told no, because your name isn't the one on the list?

Never heard of any swapping on the ST waiting list and doubt it would be allowed in any circumstances.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1258 on: October 19, 2019, 12:04:32 pm »
Never heard of any swapping on the ST waiting list and doubt it would be allowed in any circumstances.

My mate got one a few years ago when his mate got to the top of this list. Club allowed it.
Long live the King

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1259 on: October 19, 2019, 12:11:29 pm »
My mate got one a few years ago when his mate got to the top of this list. Club allowed it.

That's pretty shocking to be honest, if they allowed a name change on the waiting list. 

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: October 19, 2019, 12:26:56 pm »
That's pretty shocking to be honest, if they allowed a name change on the waiting list. 

Agreed. That's a joke.

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1261 on: October 19, 2019, 12:45:17 pm »

Same lad passed away not long after and they transferred it to his son.

They used to allow transfers.
Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: October 19, 2019, 02:02:03 pm »

Not only are season tickets being abused, they're being abused before they are even issued!

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1263 on: October 19, 2019, 03:14:45 pm »
Not only are season tickets being abused, they're being abused before they are even issued!
by the club! By the sounds of it ::) Although we don't know the details
We are a team of one half.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1264 on: October 19, 2019, 06:02:29 pm »
I'm still not understanding this fully.

a.   I get the part about there should be only one card per person, whatever card that is.  Makes total sense.

b.   What I don't get is that the photo ID is binned and no checks are to be made on who is attending.  So swapping cards around continues as it always has done.  In my view, no problem with that.  Whoever owns the card has built up the credits at some point anyway to buy the ticket and up to them who they give the card to, to actually attend the match. 

So this project ensures every member/ST at LFC is a real person.  Cool.  It ensures that touts can't have multiple cards in their own name.  Cool.  As no ID checks are made, swapping of cards carries on as per usual.  Cool.  This friends and family thing though...............what's the point of this unpoliced bullshit? ;D

I agree with this. The only thing this stops is touts having multiple cards. Which is great however this ain’t gonna stop people passing cards between mates. I can completely understand why people do it but if you can’t go the game just don’t buy a ticket!! (That’s unless RAWK go back to having an exchange thread ;D)

Offline Campioni 84

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1265 on: October 19, 2019, 07:19:53 pm »
Filled in the contact us form to see about transferring my Members card to a mate (i've been using a season ticket passed on to me 16 years ago & I want to change that ultimately to my name) gave them all the details that he uses it most now as I initially got it as I needed something in my name for euro aways which I no longer do. There reply can you give us your incorrect DOB & your actual DOB & send us a copy of your Marriage certificate! You couldn't write the script! I've politely asked them to re read my original contact us form.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1266 on: October 20, 2019, 02:59:20 pm »
My ma goes to the match a lot but it’s usually me who gets the tickets online for her on her members card. I’m very organised and OCD about things so when I’m writing down the seat number and that I always over check it and then get someone else to verify I’ve written it down correctly.

Kop ticket it was a year or two ago, when she got to her Seat a fella was in it and refused to move as it was his season ticket seat and the club must have made a mistake. She phoned me and I was in the ground in a different stand (the lottery of the late availability sales) and said the fella was refusing to move and what should see do.

She spoke to a steward who found her an empty seat. We all know people on the Kop who move from their seat to be with family and mates and so on.

I’ve heard Some parents with young kids have asked people numerous times to swap seats so they can be by their kids, which I’m sure most people do.

I know it’s early days but the club need to think about these sort of scenarios as well (just read that Bayern thing haven’t I) Also I got to a derby on the 30th minute because of cancelled trains once
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 03:01:10 pm by RMG »

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #1267 on: October 21, 2019, 02:17:52 pm »
I spoke to the club helpline today. There were helpful and offered some potential solutions. They didn’t seem clear what the name change process would be but I got the impression they would try and get it sorted.
Filled in the contact us form to see about transferring my Members card to a mate (i've been using a season ticket passed on to me 16 years ago & I want to change that ultimately to my name) gave them all the details that he uses it most now as I initially got it as I needed something in my name for euro aways which I no longer do. There reply can you give us your incorrect DOB & your actual DOB & send us a copy of your Marriage certificate! You couldn't write the script! I've politely asked them to re read my original contact us form.
The staff deffo don't really understand the process, I filled the form out to change a membership to my brother who is using it and I got a reply saying 'the club are offering supporters a one-off... we will then be in touch with the next steps'... complete with a link back to the form I had already filled out. Yeh sound that! 

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: October 21, 2019, 03:19:58 pm »
Be aware that there is a wind blowing within the Club and that ticketing generally is being looked at.

The local sales were abused for all but the last match - estimates of 60% been touted were mentioned and we nearly lost the allocation for locals but the recent selling changes are making it harder (but not impossible) to tout.

In the next couple of seasons there will be a ST amnesty with STs getting put in the name of the right users and then probably through technology it will be impossible to pass them on. There is talk of having a 'friends and family' scheme where you can nominate up to say five people each season and to whom you can allocate the ticket say three or four times in total a season, otherwise you put the ticket back into the Club for any game you can't make.

Same with aways and GAs - purchaser of ticket has to use it (with some limited leeway).

It's coming.

Hi Graham

I refer back to your very first post in this thread back in 2017.

You say they are planning to sort aways out and making sure the purchaser uses it, I know the priority is the Fan Update at the minute, but is this still the plan for aways eventually, and how would it work?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #1269 on: October 21, 2019, 05:24:59 pm »
Hi Graham

I refer back to your very first post in this thread back in 2017.

You say they are planning to sort aways out and making sure the purchaser uses it, I know the priority is the Fan Update at the minute, but is this still the plan for aways eventually, and how would it work?

No formal plans yet so can't say how it will work - but 100% collections have been muted. The person who goes is the person who gets the credit is the ultimate aim.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: October 21, 2019, 05:55:50 pm »
Unless there’s thousands gonna be checked on entry to Anfield, then without a photo I.D. card how is it gonna stop passing cards on and as you say the person who goes gets the credit? Someone’s already mentioned the Kop where people stand with their mates/family, how can a check in the ground then even occur if someone who isn’t using a card in their name  isn’t even at their allocated seat? 🤷‍♂️

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1271 on: October 21, 2019, 06:05:05 pm »
Unless there’s thousands gonna be checked on entry to Anfield, then without a photo I.D. card how is it gonna stop passing cards on and as you say the person who goes gets the credit? Someone’s already mentioned the Kop where people stand with their mates/family, how can a check in the ground then even occur if someone who isn’t using a card in their name  isn’t even at their allocated seat? 🤷‍♂️

Once again this isn't the purpose of the fan update.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1272 on: October 21, 2019, 09:38:11 pm »
Dads Passport failed 6 times - absolute bag of shit system - pictures couldn't be any clearer!  :butt
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #1273 on: October 22, 2019, 11:58:54 am »
I done mine and my brothers. Both taken on the same background from the same angle using the same camera. Mine went through first time. His failed all 6. Even when I used a digital camera after the first 4 failed attempts. I think they're deliberately not verifying them all.
Which angle is that lad? Sideways?! With a phone camera ok?!
Ta

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1274 on: October 22, 2019, 12:14:34 pm »
So my date of birth was wrong by 1 digit (a 1 instead of a 2) so had to wait for fan services to contact me. They did on Friday, and asked me to update the details and to send photo ID to update the account, which I did. I have now had a response to that email, but they've addressed me by another name?

When I look at the email subject it gives the case reference number and then a message reference, the case number is the same as the first email, but the message reference is different. So I am guessing this is why the email is addressed to someone else. Its also been sent by a different person from fan services. Again I am guessing this is a case of the emails being sent to the wrong person. Should I reply to the email stating that its been sent to the wrong person, or maybe call fan services to get clarification?

Offline Childwall Red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1275 on: October 22, 2019, 12:59:31 pm »
Completed the form last week on the first day still no email confirmation

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: October 22, 2019, 01:16:31 pm »
So my date of birth was wrong by 1 digit (a 1 instead of a 2) so had to wait for fan services to contact me. They did on Friday, and asked me to update the details and to send photo ID to update the account, which I did. I have now had a response to that email, but they've addressed me by another name?

When I look at the email subject it gives the case reference number and then a message reference, the case number is the same as the first email, but the message reference is different. So I am guessing this is why the email is addressed to someone else. Its also been sent by a different person from fan services. Again I am guessing this is a case of the emails being sent to the wrong person. Should I reply to the email stating that its been sent to the wrong person, or maybe call fan services to get clarification?

It looks like there are far too many cases and too few staff managing them, and they are making mistakes.

Club needs to get a grip of it

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1277 on: October 22, 2019, 01:21:27 pm »

Check your junk mail. Mine went in there

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1278 on: October 22, 2019, 01:28:45 pm »

Check back on https://fanupdate.liverpoolfc.com/#/login

It'll tell you your current status, mine was validated a day or so before the email came through.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Childwall Red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1279 on: October 22, 2019, 01:35:14 pm »
Check your junk mail. Mine went in there

Checked, even the status on the account history still says purchased.

Does it change to approved?